I don't get why people hate E4's ending

Really, people keep whining about how it was atrocious and didn't make any sense because Ramsay was there. I will give them that Moat Cailin and Ironrath are far away but there's bull shit like this in all TTG. People also complain that him as a villain is bad because they can't kill him. I disagree with this, even though he'll stay alive no matter what. Do we really have to kill everyone who opposes us in a Telltale game? Carver, The Stranger, St. Johns, Bloody Mary, The Crooked Man etc. are all dead or determinant (most in a pretty ubelievable sense) and it's likely Gryff and Ludd will join them. Half of TWAU cast, Mike, Arvo and Clementine are all untouchable for plot reasons and no one is bitching about that. Who's to say we won't get vengeance in some other way? There could still be a brief fight scene or battle with some of his men that could send him running back to Moat Cailin. This is the best episode 4 TTG has done in 3 years so

Comments

• I personally think it's kind of anticlimactic, knowing Ramsay won't die. And with no one there, (WHERE THE FUCK IS ELAENA) this ending bothers me.

• I agree, the fact he is untouchable doesn't necessarily make him a bad villain. His presence is antagonistic enough to impact the story. Death doesn't have to be end-game for dealing with enemies; we could mess up his plans in some way, and it would still be enough to overcome Ramsay without interfering with show canon. He could also still be useful in a possible Season 2 of the game.

• I don't. I just missed Ramsay Snow. It was good to see him again, I though he would never return in the game.

• Knowing from the start you can't beat the bad guy sucks. Yeah the bad guy doesn't always have to die but knowing from the start sucks. They've made the Boltons the biggest enemy for us and we know they're pretty much untouchable. They've done more wrong to us than the White Hills and pretty much all the White Hills have done has been ordered by the Boltons.

• I loved the ending and Ramsay as a villain. The great thing about Ramsay is he is untouchable, there's a certain dread I feel when I see Ramsay. It always reminds me that house Forrester is a small fish in a big pond. I can throw my weight around all I want, but Ramsay shows up, I shit my pants cause he can do whatever he wants to me and my family.

• edited May 2015

Well, I didn't like it because ramsay returned and will most likely fuck things up. Plus....where the fuck is elaena and arthur? And everybody!? However the rest of the chapters were 10/10

• How many people almost shit their pants when they heard Ramsey laugh?

• It makes sense for Ramsay to be untouchable regardless of whether or not he's canon as a member of House Bolton there's not a lot we can do especially since we're playing as such a minor house.

• who said we can't kill him? who knows, there is the possibility of... idk, let's just hope we can put a sword through that bastard cunt

• Not gonna happen

AstroZombie posted: »

who said we can't kill him? who knows, there is the possibility of... idk, let's just hope we can put a sword through that bastard cunt

• BUT I WANT TO !!!

Clemenem posted: »

Not gonna happen

• I think it was meant to offset the confidence you feel at the end. Everything is starting to look good and okay and- MOTHERFUCKERRAMSAY!

• edited May 2015

It is the assumption that Ramsay Bolton is the instant "you lose" button. Since he is protected by invulnerable book and TV series plot armor, there is no possibility that Rodrik could turn the tables on him. If it had instead been another Whitehill that led an attack on Ironrath there would be more mystery in how the whole scenario could play out and some hope that Rodrik might actually best them in the long run.

Having said that I'm starting to wonder if Ramsay being there might not be entirely a bad thing. While everyone is expecting doom and gloom he might actually be angrier with the Whitehills for failing to produce Ironwood in either sufficient quality or quantity. Ironwood might provide the leverage for Rodrik to negotiate with Ramsay. It could also complicate things if Ramsay finds out the Whitehills seizing Forrester ironwood is partly responsible for the supply problems, ending with poor Gryff being flayed. The Forresters get some breathing room from the Boltons but then have no chips to play to get Ryon back. Plus Ludd likely blames the Forresters for Gryff's death.

• The reason most people hate the ending isn't HOW it was done, but the WAY it was done. It seemed like they cut the conversation halfway through, so it seemed unfinished.

• I enjoyed it. I think countering the victories of this episode with an unbeatable enemy was a good choice. Everyone is just expressing their displeasure for the rain on their parades.

• So let me get this straight, leaving the Glenmore guards at Ironrath to protect it did nothing, as Ramsay still sacked it and now I don't have any guards as they're probably dead (arrows and blood) and my choice to leave them did nothing. I am kind of upset about this outcome. Also assuming the guards fled or something, the choice to leave them PROTECTING the city was still meaningless.

• My only issue is the same issue I have with every episode of nearly every telltale game. Cliffhangers man.. I want to know what happens now not 3 months from now.

• I think it makes seeing him more suspenseful.
    What's he going to do? And knowing that you can't stop him. He'll do bad shit and you have to sit back and watch. It's more painful, and makes you hate him as a villain more.

• edited May 2015

I don't like it because he is so untouchable. Our choices can do nothing. Barring the gate, Leaving the guards... I can't change anything. Plus he killed Ethan. I wanted to hurt Gryff but I didn't feel good when I noticed I'd blinded him. On the other hand, Ramsay? I want to flay him, but I already know that's not gonna be happen. I don't think I could even hurt him. It sucks.

• As far as I'm concerned, it's the most optimistic episode and ending we got this far. I would like to see the Ser Royland/Duncan took Gryff and (Glenmore Army) Elaena and took them to safety. There wouldn't be a story left if all our efforts and chances would go to waste.

• I agree with you. But I don't think that we will end up killing Gryff and Ludd. I think there might be a chance to reunite the families together. There's lots of evidence pointing to that. For one, Asher and Gwyn were in love and apparently still have feelings for each other. Added to that, Gwynn and Rodrik both seem determined to make an alliance, and it's possible to convince Ludd to form one.

One thing I really like about Ramsay's appearance at the end of Episode 4 is the implications for both houses— a common enemy. It looks like he ransacked Ironrath and killed its residence, possibly Gryff, Elaena, and Arthur (tragic, but classic GoT).

Maybe the ending of Season 1 will point to the future of Game of Thrones as a whole. A sort of hopeful allusion to "The North Remembers."

• He's not dead in Season 5 of GoT. Killing him in TTGoT would create lots of issues.

AstroZombie posted: »

BUT I WANT TO !!!

• I took them with me becase my logic was, if someone were to take them, a handful of archers are not gonna be enough. My Arthur lives <3

• I was thinking the same thing, tbh. But didn't know whether or not they wanted to go there. The moment Gwyn said that they were united families once and Ludd admitting that the Boltons are ordering more ironwood than they can harvest. It would be interesting.

BeastInside posted: »

I agree with you. But I don't think that we will end up killing Gryff and Ludd. I think there might be a chance to reunite the families toge

• I was actually glad to see Ramsay again. I see they've updated his model, too. And with everyone gone, it leaves so much up to discussion. Where is everyone? What happened? Etc etc...

• On the one hand, it's a terrible cliffhanger which doesn't tell us enough about what happened. On the other hand, it's suspense that will keep us coming back. There could've been more, but I didn't feel like there needed to be, either.

I think just the presence of Ramsay was enough to throw me off, especially after the latest episodes. It makes us live in fear and apprehension for the next month, cause frankly, the moment I heard Ramsay's laugh, I thought we were fucked. Now they know I'll come back, cause I wanna know how fucked I am.

• BUT I WANT TO !!!

BeastInside posted: »

He's not dead in Season 5 of GoT. Killing him in TTGoT would create lots of issues.

• I love Ramsay. I hope he wins everything. But it's realistic. Of course you can't touch him. Its like being annoyed that you can kill Cersei as Mira. In both scenarios the PC wouldn't be able to get near them.

• They did? What did they update? His outfit?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I was actually glad to see Ramsay again. I see they've updated his model, too. And with everyone gone, it leaves so much up to discussion. Where is everyone? What happened? Etc etc...

• I only hate it because it was too much of a cliffhanger.

• Maybe they will take a what if approach instead and we get to actually kill Ramsey ;)

• It won't end in blood obviously but they had to bring him back he killed Ethan we need some closure I feel like our conflict with Ramsay will end in Episode 5: A Nest of Vipers. I for one am glad they brought back Ramsay I'm hoping we get an option to straight up say "Why did you murder my brother?"

• It's the dreadfort BTW.

NOT Moat Cailin.

• He's supposed to be within the vicinity of Moat Cain this point in Season 4

It's the dreadfort BTW. NOT Moat Cailin.

• I hate it cause of Ramsay "Plot Armour" Bolton. There was essentially no reason to put Ramsay there, apart from Telltale being even more lazy and reinforcing the fact that choices have 0% impact in their games now since after The Walking Dead.

I mean seriously, if choices wont have any major effect, is it really TOO hard to have two alternate scenes for a scenrio, say beska killed her master, and you have to stealth to the signal and eliminate everyone, what if in that scene a guard rushes to the gate and warns them of any overrulling slaves or intruders? then it turns it into a rush scenrio where you have to kill everyone within a timelimit, before the alarm is raised.

It doesnt change anything minor, as you end up with the same situation, but it has a bigger impact on the player, cause they feel worthwhile. The Walking Dead had this, and that came out what? three years ago?
    Telltale are just getting lazy now, and Ramsay is a testiment to that, they easily could of had a Whitehill son as an antagonist, coming to rescue Gryff and screw up the deal, but nope.

And Ramsay is also psycopathic, he will just kill Rodrik whenever he wants. The only slight hope we have is trying to convince him to kill Ludd first for screwing him out the deal HE made

• Perhaps the final choice of the series is to unite against the Bolton's, or burn them to the ground like the Lannisters did to House Reyne. If so, I am not killing every single Whitehill like Elissa said back in episode 2, the Forresters are not the Lannisters.

MsDanceALot posted: »

I was thinking the same thing, tbh. But didn't know whether or not they wanted to go there. The moment Gwyn said that they were united famil

• Oh man, I hope so. That would be incredibly gratifying.

Jayroen posted: »

Maybe they will take a what if approach instead and we get to actually kill Ramsey

• I don't hate the ending, I hate Ramsay.

• I personally liked it, though the word "like" is is probably not the word I used when I first saw it. Its another massive obstacle for the Forresters to overcome, and we all know we just can't kill Ramsay and be done with it. And we never know what he will do, he is completely unpredictable, so that makes every interaction a lot more tense, because at least the Whitehills are predictable to a degree. Still hate seeing him here, because that means somebody probably died, it better not be Royland you son of a bitch!

• WHERE THE FUCK IS ELAENA

I personally think it's kind of anticlimactic, knowing Ramsay won't die. And with no one there, (WHERE THE FUCK IS ELAENA) this ending bothers me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.