Why did Gared & Co. leave behind all the Wilding weapons and clothing?

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

The bow/arrows and spear would have been pretty useful for fighting/hunting animals, the clothing would probably be better well-suited to beyond-the-wall climate, as well as disguise.

Comments

• There wasn't enough time as they were followed by every Night's Watch, whatever there was enough time but telltale plot is greater than survival and camouflage!

• THE STORY MUST GO ON.

Also, stop making sense. The game doesn't like that.

• They aren't into drag.

• Well about clothes, I hardly think that any of those left fit Gared and Cotter, let alone Finn.

• Who wants the spear wives old crap, I retrieved the food from the thief. I didnt think we needed anything else, we were trained with swords not spears and we had to get away before more returned

• Well they've already got weapons, they don't need the clothes and they couldn't carry it all even if they wanted too. Plus Cotter was wounded they had to get moving.

• I agree that they should have at least taken the bows and arrows, decent ranged weapons.

• because each game must have logic.

• When one of the wildlings stole our food, I was more worried about why Gared, Cotter and Finn left the meats in the snow.

((I'm sorry! I just felt desperate at the moment.))

• Wasn't the food just Crabapples and Onions?

When one of the wildlings stole our food, I was more worried about why Gared, Cotter and Finn left the meats in the snow. ((I'm sorry! I just felt desperate at the moment.))

• I think he's saying he wanted them to eat the dead bodies..

Wasn't the food just Crabapples and Onions?

• I am still ashamed for having such dark thoughts...

Flog61 posted: »

I think he's saying he wanted them to eat the dead bodies..

• I think you probably should be :P

I am still ashamed for having such dark thoughts...

• edited May 2015

They should have at least changed out of their Crow garb, now that I think of it.

They're deserters , hunted by the Night's Watch, walking into Wildling territory , their sworn enemies... With their current clothes, they're easy targets for both groups...

Besides, the heavy hooded clothes the girls were wearing kind of concealed them. Could be useful from a distance.

• ikr? I was like "wait, those are perfectly good bow and arrows!" Also strange they made no attempt to hide the bodies, as I'm sure that is a regular hunting ground for whatever tribe those girls were from. They're going to end up getting tracked straight back to Cotter's camp and his mystical sister.

Those clothes were way to small for Gared and Finn to fit in, and the Night's Watch gear looks pretty well insulated. They have no other options, for the moment.

• Dark humour.... I love it! :D

I am still ashamed for having such dark thoughts...

• I was disappointed they didn't take the weapons or didn't search the bodies for anything useful. Game logic :D

• I don't think they'd be able to fit in their clothes, not even a twig like Cotter. I do think it might have been useful to take the spears.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.