Could Finn be a liar?

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Now stay with me... this is all opinion and theory...
I feel like Finn lied about why he's at the wall. Just the way he acted in recent episodes compared to how he was. I felt like he was putting on a front to seem tough, but that's obviously (to me) not how he actually is.

• To me he seemed far too protective of the knife. At first it came across as "haha killed a guy. Like to be reminded of it, wanker". But then he sounded and acted far too desperate to me at the thought of it not being with him. It has more sentiment value outside being just some souviner.

• When he saw Gared kill sister-killer-dipshit. Finn acts like he found someone killing him funny, again the knife is a 'souvenir' of that event to him, he wanted to come across as the tough guy. He claims (if you're on good terms) that he did see Gared doing it out of self-defence. Then why did he act like a pansy and run off so scared? For a guy who brags about killing, shows the knife, and knew Gared wasn't a cold blooded killer, he sure couldnt stand seeing a dead body. Not even a "oi, Gared, what have you done". He took one look, pulled a I-shit-myself face, and belted it.

• Frostfinger likes to rub it in gared's face he's a killer. Yet nothing is ever done to Finn. Frosty even mentions Cotter being a theif, proving his story. Finns is avoided. Again, if you choose certain options, and Finn defends you: surely Frostfinger would mention "killers sticking together" or something. I know Finn mentions people thinking he might have helped, but those are just other men. Not frosty who knows the truth of why he's there. Hell, if frostfinger thought he'd be capable of helping kill the guy he wouldn't be able to walk around at night.

Comments

• Even if he lied I'd still trust him more than cotter

• Finn is definitely lying about having killed someone. Check out his reaction when he kills the Wilding girl after you go north of the wall. He stares at his blood-stained sword with a shocked look on his face. I think she was his first.

• Yeah I think Finn is lying. He is a bully. He is scared and admits as much if you try to make friends with him on the walk to the tree to take your vows. Remember at the wall you don't want to be the weak one.

• She took his killing virginity.

Scaeva posted: »

Finn is definitely lying about having killed someone. Check out his reaction when he kills the Wilding girl after you go north of the wall. He stares at his blood-stained sword with a shocked look on his face. I think she was his first.

• Finn lies his ass off in order to get you executed. For no other reason than not liking you. Finn is scum.

• He only does that if you've failed to make friends with him, in mine he tries to defend you to Frostfinger.

Sarson posted: »

Finn lies his ass off in order to get you executed. For no other reason than not liking you. Finn is scum.

• Yeah it's the whole reason he leaves with you. Otherwise Frostfinger will think he helped you get way.

He only does that if you've failed to make friends with him, in mine he tries to defend you to Frostfinger.

• Yea, he is lying of course. When Gared killed Britt he was "WTF..OMG" it was like the first time he saw someone got killed. So it means Finn never actually killed someone, he was just trying to scare Gared. Guess he was brought to the wall because of other reasons.

• My Finn is 10/10 best friend.

unseenclass posted: »

Yeah it's the whole reason he leaves with you. Otherwise Frostfinger will think he helped you get way.

• I totally missed the look on Finn's face. I'm gonna go check it out now, but if that is the case, then this theory would make sense. I just had thought that Finn ran off so quickly after seeing Gared kill Britt because he was gonna go snitch on me, not because he was scared.

Finn is definitely lying about having killed someone. Check out his reaction when he kills the Wilding girl after you go north of the wall. He stares at his blood-stained sword with a shocked look on his face. I think she was his first.

• OK, I just checked the scene you're referring to, and yeah, Finn looks surprised at his kill. I wanna know the real reason he was sent to the Wall if he really is lying.

• But this proves that he is a liar. He will lie to get someone killed simply for not kissing his ass. I wouldn't want someone like that with me on such a sensitive mission.

He only does that if you've failed to make friends with him, in mine he tries to defend you to Frostfinger.

• That's an interesting observation, I never thought about that... If not for murder, then why would Finn be sent to the wall? I like this theory.

• Fucking tomatoes...?

fayescarlet posted: »

That's an interesting observation, I never thought about that... If not for murder, then why would Finn be sent to the wall? I like this theory.

• Another thing: If Finn went with you North of The Wall then when you're at the abandoned Wildling Hunting Camp you can talk to him, and he'll say something about not trusting Cotter. I'm not sure what all of his responses are, but when I responded that eh was imagining things (Or something along those lines) he said that he'd already had enough people screw him over in his life. Assuming your theory is true, could that line be related to the real reason he was sent to The Wall?

• finn is a bro

• Oh my. That is pretty funny. xD

Mockduck posted: »

Fucking tomatoes...?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.