Game of Thrones Episode 8 Discussion

Comments

• I either see Theon killing Ramsay or Ramsay killing Reek. I have this scene in my head where Sansa just keeps talking to Reek and finally convinces him that he is Theon Greyjoy, and then Ramsay asks him what his name is and he just says "Theon Greyjoy..." And Ramsay asks again, and he repeats it. And he just keeps asking again and again and again, hurting him a little bit more each time, until he is finally dead, and his final words are "My name is Theon Greyjoy." I know it's kind of sadistic, but I feel like it would be a really cool death scene for him.

So there was other stuff in the episode too people lol. Arya's story is getting even more awesome and I think Reek is very close to snapping. In the sense that he may actually help Sansa. I could also see Theon killing Ramsay in the season finale.

• yeah thats true xD

Trust me. Nothing would make me happier to see Cersei suffer in the hands of the Starks or Tyrion, but right now I will take what I can get. XD

• I was like OH NO ICE DRAGON!! :o

javoris767 posted: »

That 30min scene at Hard Home was the best.. Never been so scared xD Right when I saw the snow moving I was like "HELL YEAH, it has got to be whitewalkers!!!".

• Wow, when I heard there was going to be a battle, I thought it was with the Wildlings and would be another major departure from the books. I was right about the second bit, but man was it better then I thought it would be. This was as good or maybe even better then Watchers on the Wall, and I loved that episode to death. The tension could be cut with a knife, there were so many "oh shit" moments that they can't be counted. It was so damn impressive, and I was so sure that good old Dolorous Edd was going to die. I was scared the moment I saw him ride off with Jon Snow, because he doesn't have a big part in book 5, and neither did Grenn and Pyp, and we all know how that ended. To say I was on the edge of my seat is being nice, I was about ready to fall off the seat. So damn intense, so fantastic, and shows in full force why we should fear these creatures from the land of never ending winter. Oh, and I am so happy Wun Wun made it onto the show, I feared he was cut, so glad to be wrong on that one. God, so epic. Rest of the episode was fantastic as well, but the last half hour just stick out to me so much. 10 out of 10, best episode of the season, completely worth six episodes of build up. God, I CAN'T WAIT for the last two episodes, 10 especially. I got a good idea as to why they delayed revealing that title, and if i'm right, it might be the best season finale on Game of Thrones.

• edited May 2015

Alt text

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

• greyscale is known for being deadly. It took who knows how many healers and maesters to save Stannis' daughter.

PigeonPie posted: »

Jorah is dead, he got touched by the stonemen. I doubt he'll be cured. I wish, but I don't think so.

• Okay, that makes sense. There just is not enough Valyrian steel to go around.

Scaeva posted: »

It is the steel. There are only two known things that can supposedly kill the White Walkers, and that is dragonglass and dragonsteel. Dra

• I have a feeling he'll be kindling when Drogon pays the arena a visit.

KCohere posted: »

He's not dead yet.

• "I'm terrible?" Yes Dany, yes you are

Damn that episode was great

• My question is how do they get him on the boat and to the wall?

For sure my favorite episode of the season so far. The giant was Wun Wun, Tormund said his name at the end of the fight.

• Have him climb up. Move enough people to the opposite side of the ship to balance the weight as he's climbing.

My question is how do they get him on the boat and to the wall?

• I Still think he would be to heavy

Have him climb up. Move enough people to the opposite side of the ship to balance the weight as he's climbing.

• The whitewalker at the end didn't even shit, all he did was rising his arms up. And it seems cersei is becoming crazy. And I knew shit was gonna happen to Jon Snow.

• The White Walker that was killed by Jon had the Night's Watch uniform (correct me if I'm wrong), couldn't that be Benjen Stark? He kinda looked like him.

• This has been said million times, but DAMN! THIS WAS EPIC! Both the Hardhome and everything else were great. Definitely the best episode of the season, one of the best from all seasons.

Starting with "everything else": I loved the scenes in Cersei's cell, strong acting from Lena Headey once again. And Qyburn was great too, "My work continues." FrankenMountain is coming. Tyrion&Dany was pretty good too, Tyrion really is an improvement to Meereen storyline. Reek about to snap, Ramsay about to attack, interesting, interesting.

Hardhome: Man, this was so so so amazing. I love the way that there became a chaos and panic when the wights attacked. The atmosphere was perfectly scary, White Walkers were amazing, especially the Night's King! And Wun Wun! YASH! I can't really say anything more, it just was perfection :D

9,5/10

• I don't think they would have Jon kill him without knowing that it was Benjen i was more worried that when Jon and the white walker king were staring at each other Benjen was going walk up beside the white walker king

The White Walker that was killed by Jon had the Night's Watch uniform (correct me if I'm wrong), couldn't that be Benjen Stark? He kinda looked like him.

• I was so worried that Edd would die. When Jon entered the hut that Edd was in and saw all the corpses I began to freak out and didn't start to calm down until Edd was seen alive.

• Such a powerful episode. Seeing how far Cersei has fallen was somewhat satisfying, but I couldn't help but pity where she is now. I love how sped up the show's timeline is though. Sansa is actually doing things and for a moment, the lost soul of Theon Greyjoy surfaced thanks to her pushing. (It beats hanging around the Vale for an entire book). Dany and Tyrion have finally met and Tyrion injects much-needed new life in the Mereen Scene. Jon kicked ass. Edd survived (YEA BOI.) One thing that bugged me was that dark-haired Wilding chieftain. She was great in her time on screen, but the moment they showed her kids, I knew she was a goner. Sad to, I kinda liked her.

Oh yeah.

Ned, you were right.

Dat Hardhorne dough.

Alt text

• To be honest though Ned says the words but executes the guy warning of the walkers and doesnt listen to him

torkahn808 posted: »

Such a powerful episode. Seeing how far Cersei has fallen was somewhat satisfying, but I couldn't help but pity where she is now. I love how

• Bookmarking that now...That. Is. Amazing.

• No, she is getting her just deserts. She should have seen this coming but she was too blind or stupid to realize thst her own secrets would come out.

I wasn't expecting to see the White Walkers this episode so that really took me by surprise. Every second of that scene was epic! Also, am I

• edited June 2015

I was really surprised to see the White Walkers attack and being so close to a community. I think this is the first time, at least for me, that we really get an understanding of what an incredible threat the white walkers are. Seeing that slaughter and the army of the dead raised from it, and Jon and the others barely escaping with their lives, and the despair on Jon's face, i dont even know how they can begin to beat them even with the whole of Westeros fighting with them.

• True, but you can't really blame him since the WW's were last seen what 8000 years ago?

To be honest though Ned says the words but executes the guy warning of the walkers and doesnt listen to him

• I really hope Gared wont encounter this army, becuase that would be scary as hell.

Scaeva posted: »

It was one of the best episodes of the entire series. The White Walkers and their zombie minions are scary as fvck. They make zombies in the Walking Dead look lame in comparison. Can't wait for Gared & company to run into them!

• So do the bodies of the dead only rise as white walkers in the north or just by and beyond the wall?

• I was actually super pissed at the dark haired wilding chick's death, because A. I thought she was badass and wanted to see more of her (even though that's a death sentence on GOT) and B. Once she saw the children zombies she gave up and just let them kill her from the looks of it. >_> That really really irks me.

torkahn808 posted: »

Such a powerful episode. Seeing how far Cersei has fallen was somewhat satisfying, but I couldn't help but pity where she is now. I love how

• edited June 2015

That was the most epic episode ever! It had everything, Cersei's karma catching up with her, Daenerys and Tyrion together discussing politics, Jon Snow battling the dead behind the wall. I can't see how are they gonna top this in finale.

• edited June 2015

Either Daenarys dragon's needs to go berserk on the walkers or these series will end with entire westeros population massacred. Cersei is getting what she really deserves. Some amazing dialogue between Tyrion and Daenarys. What's Ramsay planning? Guerilla Warfare?

• I think the rule for the dead coming back is, any dead body comes back as a Wight, the zombie creatures we saw. Those things go down if you cut them apart I suppose, but only stay dead if burnt. The only way we have seen White Walkers be created, is that one scene that featured the White Walker king back in season 4. Suffice to say, they don't have a steady supply of male baby's, so there can only be so many of them.

• I think he actually wants his father dead in order to take over House Bolton.

lindblom posted: »

Either Daenarys dragon's needs to go berserk on the walkers or these series will end with entire westeros population massacred. Cersei is ge

• I really doubt it.. Now is not the time to do so anyway. He said that he wanted to make a feast for the crows and mentioned that he needed 20 good men in order to accomplish it.

I think he actually wants his father dead in order to take over House Bolton.

• edited June 2015

The lack of Boltons made me sad but it's about time Theon told Sansa that he's not a complete douchebag. I doubt Ramsay will fuck Stannis' shit up but I hope he doesn't die.

Cersei's scenes were very satisfying but i'm starting to really dislike the crazy religious zealots (Bar the High Sparrow himself)

Tyrion/Dany scenes were cool but I hope she rekindles her relationship with Lord Banishedzone before it's too late.

The Wall/ Hardhome was obviously the best part of the episode and now we know where the SFX budget has gone and it was by far the highlight of this otherwise anti-climactic season.
    Overall a good episode
    9/10

• Weren't they her children? I think it would make sense.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I was actually super pissed at the dark haired wilding chick's death, because A. I thought she was badass and wanted to see more of her (eve

• Shhh you better not spoil the fact Tyrion falls down a flight of stairs and dies

• edited June 2015

Overall a great episode; lots of character development. The ending. Oh my god the ending!

The dialogue between Daenerys and Tyrion was sorta interesting, but it was annoying to see here naiveté. I mean seriously! Did she actually think that she won the people's side? No! She won them their freedom, that's all.

Also, HBO all but verbally confirmed that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. Which means, Jon Snow isn't dying in the books either. He is the promised prince.

• Did you notice how there have been no major deaths? Even minor characters, like Bronn or Lancel, haven't had a last stand yet.

The lack of Boltons made me sad but it's about time Theon told Sansa that he's not a complete douchebag. I doubt Ramsay will fuck Stannis' s

• I don't watch Game of Thrones, but looks IGN liked it ;)

Alt text

• You do realise it's episode 9 next week? We're not out of the woods yet...

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

BeastInside posted: »

Did you notice how there have been no major deaths? Even minor characters, like Bronn or Lancel, haven't had a last stand yet.

• I dont think she gave up, she was just in a deer in the headlights" shock.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I was actually super pissed at the dark haired wilding chick's death, because A. I thought she was badass and wanted to see more of her (eve

• No, her kids were on the boats.

GF1115 posted: »

Weren't they her children? I think it would make sense.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.