The Trade

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015

I did not plan this but I have both the satisfaction of having punished Gryff enough after my own taste and my game having registered it as "you showed mercy to Gryff".

That is, I gave him the two first punches and when the cane-to-the-face came out unexpectedly, I paid a closer look at the situation, Gryff being held powerless by two Glenmore men, me hitting with a cane, and I decided this was not how I viewed Rodrik Forrester.

Also I felt very satisfied with my behaviour in previous episodes, having always stood to the Whitehills and maintained my pride and honour, so I didn't feel such a huge need to go berserk on him. The way I saw it right after Rodrik pulled the cane for the first time, hitting Gryff with a weapon while he was restrained would have been debasing the Forrester's honour, showing magnanimity was on the contrary just another proof the Forresters are so much more noble and respectable than those Whitehill dogs.

Seeing him powerless, reduced to the state of prisoner and denied the woman he thought he was entitled to was enough for my contentment, now he knew who the real Lord was.

I definitely am very happy with my game so far. Never kissed anyone's ring or arse, always stayed true to the motto "Iron from Ice", hard and cold if need be but unbreakable.

Don't know how people who humiliated their characters all the way are feeling, considering we all have the same game status no matter what. But well, perhaps "choices will matter" in some dialogue near the end of episode 6 eventually...

• "Ser Duncan"???

MsDanceALot posted: »

Right, well Talia commanded the person you left behind. I took Duncan with me in my first playthrough and Ser Duncan in my second (in which

• lol

Blurr posted: »

"Ser Duncan"???

• obviously I meant Royland...

Alt text

Blurr posted: »

"Ser Duncan"???

• Thank you

People keep talking about how Ramsay showed up to free Gryff and kill the Forresters but it's just as likely that Roose Bolton is already ti

• Robb Stark was also the Bolton's King. Look how that turned out.

If the Boltons are tired of the Whitehills trying to act like big boys and as a result there is slow Ironwood production, they would step in to make them stop.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

The Whitehills are the Boltons bannermen. Which means they are indeed, their allies. Out of necessity if not choice.

• Alt text

I punched Gryff once, so he has a slight cut on his cheek. But Ryon has cuts on his face too after Ludd scratched him up during the meeting. So the way I see it, we're even.

• edited June 2015

Could you post all the decisions you have made so far?

I did not plan this but I have both the satisfaction of having punished Gryff enough after my own taste and my game having registered it as

• Yes, the Boltons were to the Starks what the Whitehills were to the Forresters. Their competition.

They believed they (Boltons) should be in charge, and really have only been nominally loyal to the Starks for thousands of years. They have killed Starks and gone to war with them multiple times over the years. So to me, Bolton turning on the Starks was inevitable.

I have no delusions that the Boltons are loyal to the Whitehills, or that Roose would hesitate to flay them all if they crossed him. But the Whitehills are still Bolton bannermen and allies until proven otherwise. Which is all i was trying to say to Firewallcano.

Robb Stark was also the Bolton's King. Look how that turned out. If the Boltons are tired of the Whitehills trying to act like big boys and as a result there is slow Ironwood production, they would step in to make them stop.

• If there's one thing I figured out about choices in Telltale Games, it's great example of how Murphy's law works: if there is a possibility of something going wrong if choosing one option, it will definitely go wrong no matter what you choose.
    So yeah, since this trade probably wouldn't work out alright if Gryff is beaten up, it won't work even if you showed mercy to him.

• edited June 2015

Sorry about the delay

Episode 1

Warned Lord Forrester (Didn't save Bowen) /
    Swore loyalty to Margaery /
    Took Erik's fingers /
    Named Royland as sentinel /
    Met Ramsay at the gates

Episode 2

Didn't forge the letter /
    Didn't kiss Lord Whitehill's ring /
    Won Rodrik's betrothal to Elaena Glenmore /
    Stood up for Cotter /
    Killed Mira's attacker

Episode 3

Helped Malcolm /
    Spoke to Tyrion /
    Kicked Britt off the Wall /
    Stood up to Gryff /
    Burned the letter

Episode 4

Brought Finn along /
    Showed mercy to Gryff /
    Kept Sera's secret /
    Ordered the Glenmore's soldiers to stay at Ironrath /
    Prevented Beskha from killing the Slave Master

Faustus posted: »

Could you post all the decisions you have made so far?

• Boltons might be pissed because the Whitehills can't craft good ironwood weapons.

skip to 22:05 and you can see how good the Whitehill work is...

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Yes, the Boltons were to the Starks what the Whitehills were to the Forresters. Their competition. They believed they (Boltons) should be

Sign in to comment in this discussion.