It's Beskha, not Beshka!

I see this mistake SO OFTEN on these forums and it's starting to grate :P

Comments

• edited May 2015

Nearly everyone from essoss I cant spell, including the name esoss/essos/essoss. Its part of the reason people call dany; dany.

Also sometimes I just type Beskha wrong

• I actually read that Beshka in game at first and was wondering why Asher pronounced her name like that. x)

• It's pronounced "Besh-ka", so I spell it Beshka. :v It's just easier in my mind.

• Well, I don't play with subtitles, but before episode 4 I swear everyone pronounced it Beshka but in ep 4 Beska

• Asher pronounces it "Besk-ha"

fayescarlet posted: »

It's pronounced "Besh-ka", so I spell it Beshka. :v It's just easier in my mind.

• 'Sk' linguistically can sometimes sound like 'shk', but I assure you it's always been Beskha :P

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, I don't play with subtitles, but before episode 4 I swear everyone pronounced it Beshka but in ep 4 Beska

• I swear every time I hear her name I hear "Beshka". 8D; Even when I listen to a video on Youtube best I can.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Asher pronounces it "Besk-ha"

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

I'll confess... I have to double check the spelling of so many names (people and places, TV show and game) to make sure I get them right. Pretty sure I will never EVER be able to get Daenarys / Danerys / DannaioharogsaldfksnfRAGGGHHHH correct first go.

• edited May 2015

It's Daenerys, and her name always confuses me, I don't blame you.

puzzlebox posted: »

I'll confess... I have to double check the spelling of so many names (people and places, TV show and game) to make sure I get them right. Pr

• Nicole_MNicole_M Former Telltale Staff

It is indeed Beskha (k before h), pronounced Besk-ha.

• That's why I just say Dany sometimes xD

I'll confess... I have to double check the spelling of so many names (people and places, TV show and game) to make sure I get them right. Pr

• Can I just say thanks so much for your writing on episode 4 Nicole (assuming you are the Nicole Martinez from the credits :P)! It's my favourite episode so far, ya did a great job imo :)

Nicole_M posted: »

• Eh whatever. They know who I'm talking about.

Though I hate when people misspell Elaena.

Aww thank you. :) I have to give props to Brad Kane as well. He did a lot of writing on this episode. Glad you enjoyed it!

Flog61 posted: »

Can I just say thanks so much for your writing on episode 4 Nicole (assuming you are the Nicole Martinez from the credits :P)! It's my favourite episode so far, ya did a great job imo

• I thought it was Danaerys. Like Aerys but with a Dan in front of it.

But yeah, the Essossi names are the worst. When reading i just nickname everyone based on what i think of their character. It's more fun that way.

• I give mad props to both of you, Mira's part was just epic.

Aww thank you. I have to give props to Brad Kane as well. He did a lot of writing on this episode. Glad you enjoyed it!

• Yeah, you two were great. I also very much enjoyed the work you and Brad did on The Wolf Among Us.

Aww thank you. I have to give props to Brad Kane as well. He did a lot of writing on this episode. Glad you enjoyed it!

Brad wasn't on The Wolf Among Us, but thank you. :)

TinyCarlos posted: »

Yeah, you two were great. I also very much enjoyed the work you and Brad did on The Wolf Among Us.

• Doesn't really matter, but people do it with Rodrik too. They spell it Rodrick.

• It's hard for me to hear it, I tell you. But I will try to correct myself from now on. 8D; Thank you for your input.

• Just did a double take, my mistake. I was thinking of Joe Pinney. Regardless, great work on both games.

Brad wasn't on The Wolf Among Us, but thank you.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yup, Besk-ha.

Pronouncing "Maester Ortengryn" and "Dezhor zo Raza" was initially quite a challenge for pretty much all the voice actors. :-P

• I call them all Harzoo.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I thought it was Danaerys. Like Aerys but with a Dan in front of it. But yeah, the Essossi names are the worst. When reading i just nickname everyone based on what i think of their character. It's more fun that way.

• Like Thing 1 and Thing 2? Except with Harzoo? I like it!

I call them all Harzoo.

• You are all wrong. While it is spelled Beskha it is pronounced as "bad-ass"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.