Tyrion decision next episode

Like many of us previously guessed it looks like we'll be able to testify against Tyrion in some way, which could earn us favor with Cersei. How do you think it will play out? Personally, I'll accept the choice knowing he's screwed anyway.

Comments

• Tyrion was willing to help my family out, it seems fair to help him, even if it will be futile. I just don't like Cersei from what I've seen in-game and read about, I wouldn't want her favor at all.

• Right now, I honestly couldn't care less what Cersei promises as a favour if we aid her in the trial. She'll likely "forget" or go back on her word the moment she gets what she wants, all while being a smug bitch about it. Maybe if Margaery gives the go ahead or something similar, I might change my mind, but it's not likely. My loyalty has always been to Margaery, never the Queen Mother.

• Isn't Tyrion's trial televised? How will Mira have any role in it? Any way I think helping Cersei and the crown would be the most lucrative move but it would seem Telltale are really trying to push Cersei being a bitch to us no matter what so I can't really say if it will matter

• I'd testify against him if it would mean help my family, in the end he will manage to escape anyway.

• the trial was on the show. But they obviesly didn't cover every minute of it. So there is enough room left for more testifieing against him.

Clemenem posted: »

Isn't Tyrion's trial televised? How will Mira have any role in it? Any way I think helping Cersei and the crown would be the most lucrative

• I think it depends on how immediate the rewards are. Tyrion is gone for quite a long time. But we know he'll end up in Mereen. Possibly even in the next season of the game. So if Asher is forced to stay in Mereen it might complicate things for him a ways down the road. We also know that Cersi is not going to be around forever so if she promises something way in the future I might not. If the reward is something right now then it's probably worth it.

• edited May 2015

I'm not sure yet. It depends on how the whole thing is set up.

My guess is that probably Mira won't have the option of saying no. Tyrion is after all being tried for murder and high treason and the trial itself is just for show, with Cersei and Tywin having already decided Tyrion's fate. Mira would probably have to testify or be branded a traitor to the crown herself, which is no choice at all. The choices for the player will probably just be in how severe Mira lays into Tyrion while testifying. It will probably be a choice between burying/humiliating him and pleasing Cersei or hitting him with kid gloves, not humiliating Tyrion as much you might otherwise have done, but angering Cersei.

• I wouldn't testify against him, Cersei is untrustworthy and she will go back on her word when she gets what she wants

• If I can I won't testify against Tyrion. I don't want Mira to cheat and undermine those in less fortunate situations. I even had a hard time lying about Sera's family (but hos before ho's bros.)

• To be sincere, I don’t think we will have much of a choice in this. It will probably be like the “choice” of getting Tyrinon’s help with the ironwood.

Now, would I testify against him? Probably. It is more than just a measure of how much will Cersei gives us. We should also consider what she could do if we don’t.

• edited May 2015

I don't know yet but I might help Tyrion. Every lady that gets mixed up with Cersei ends up in Qyburn's hands but not siding with her might put you in the same danger.

• But she didn't let you braid her hair?!?

Batomys2731 posted: »

Right now, I honestly couldn't care less what Cersei promises as a favour if we aid her in the trial. She'll likely "forget" or go back on h

• edited May 2015

With the way the story goes in the show and books, I'm all for covering Tyrion. Cersei and Margaery will be locked in cells, while Tyrion will go to aid Daenrys. I'm hoping he will take further actions to help us from there. And I think he wouldn't do so when we testified against. Matter of fact, what do I know about the killing of the bastard Joffrey, anyways? Sure, I drank wine with his uncle once and everyone in King's Landing is losing their shit over that, but so did Podrick once, and nobody links him to the killing. So fuck Cersei Lannister as far as the story goes her power is decreasing drastically in a moment's time, anyways.

• It's gonna be a choice of honor vs opportunism.

If we testify against Tyrion, we get something good for Mira, if we don't, we get to feel like crap.

It's gonna be a tough decision.

• If we testify carefully we can completely ruin Ludd's plan.

• I'd hate doing it but I would testify against him. Luckily, I know he ends up escaping so I won't feel that bad.

• Oh, I'll testify all right. If I like what Cersei offers me Tyrion is screwed. If i don t like her offer, I hope I can sabotage her efforts even if just a little.

• Should be an easy decision for me. I like Tyrion and all but knowing how the story plays out in his case means what we do will be of little consequence, no?

fayescarlet posted: »

Tyrion was willing to help my family out, it seems fair to help him, even if it will be futile. I just don't like Cersei from what I've seen in-game and read about, I wouldn't want her favor at all.

• I burned the document. What evidence does she have?
    Then again she's a nut who can screw anyone over. I hope theres a way we can silver-tongue our way around it like in the throne room, or Tom will be a help.

Also... I feel like the way we treat Tom might determine something. Every time you're nice or bad to him it says "He will remember this". Maybe you can ask him to help you but depending on how you treat him decides whether he'll go to such a huge length against the queen?

• Tyrion's my favourite so I don't want to testify against him.

But I guess we may have to. (Or Marge will get pissed and send us home or uninvite us to his trial)

If we do I'll be as nice as possible even though I know what lies ahead.

• edited June 2015

Tyrion is screwed regardless of what I say. It's not like Mira can convince anybody that he's innocent. I'll try to avoid testifying against him because I like him, but if it comes down to the safety of Mira and her family, I'm throwing him under the Cersei bus.

• Cersei wont give us anything but our continued existence. just, now we will be under her thumb.

Batomys2731 posted: »

Right now, I honestly couldn't care less what Cersei promises as a favour if we aid her in the trial. She'll likely "forget" or go back on h

• Uuugh, i didn't think about that. I still have Tyrions extremely long book journey in my mind, and figured it would be ages before he got to Meereen. Great. Let's play -** How many Forresters can one insolent dwarf screw over?**

Sarson posted: »

I think it depends on how immediate the rewards are. Tyrion is gone for quite a long time. But we know he'll end up in Mereen. Possibly even

• I like Tyrion but there's nothing I can do. So, for Mira and her family I'll say Tyrion is guilty and Lord Andros, Whitehill, and maybe Bolton are the traitors, too. They poisoned Jofferey and prepare the army to take the iron throne.

• Tyrion is condemned any way and needs to run for his life, so unless Mira is feeling like going on a trip across the narrow sea, helping Tyrion is useless and counter-productive

fayescarlet posted: »

Tyrion was willing to help my family out, it seems fair to help him, even if it will be futile. I just don't like Cersei from what I've seen in-game and read about, I wouldn't want her favor at all.

• Telltale doesn't need to help Cersei look like a bitch to everyone. I don't expect much from her either, unless they wanna go in the weird, weird route of making Mira one of Cersei's minions

Clemenem posted: »

Isn't Tyrion's trial televised? How will Mira have any role in it? Any way I think helping Cersei and the crown would be the most lucrative

• Like someone said before, I think our choice will be more about what we say about him, like choosing between [This dwarf is a drunk who cannot be trusted] and [Tyrion raped me and burned my brothers (and he killed Damien btw)].

PigeonPie posted: »

Tyrion's my favourite so I don't want to testify against him. But I guess we may have to. (Or Marge will get pissed and send us home or uninvite us to his trial) If we do I'll be as nice as possible even though I know what lies ahead.

• I watched Tyrion's trial on YouTube, and I know I'd feel terrible if I didn't at least TRY to help him in some way. Helping would be useless, but my conscience would hopefully be clear.

• If we side with Cersei , Tyrion will introduce House Forrester to his dragon buddies when he comes back to Westeros in Season Two.

• Oh, that would be a great way to get the suspicion of Damien's death away from you. Pin it to that sinking dwarf ship.

SanQae posted: »

Like someone said before, I think our choice will be more about what we say about him, like choosing between [This dwarf is a drunk who cannot be trusted] and [Tyrion raped me and burned my brothers (and he killed Damien btw)].

• Doesn't Tyrion explicitly tell Podrick to comply with Cersei and testify against him, for Pod's own safety? And while Mira technically owes him a favor, but since that favor is now useless to her, she could choose to ignore it. The way I play her, Mira likes Tyrion and doesn't believe that he'd murder the king, but she'd recognize that testifying against him would be the safest way to fix her current problems with Margaery and the crown. And since I'm playing "in-character" I will probably have to go along with that and testify against him.

• A lot of people testify agains Tyrion in the books. It also happens in the show, but off-screen.

the trial was on the show. But they obviesly didn't cover every minute of it. So there is enough room left for more testifieing against him.

• A lot better one would be saying we overheard Tyrion telling Lord Andros to kill Damien if he wants an ironwood deal. And put the knife inside Andros' room if we have it.

SanQae posted: »

Like someone said before, I think our choice will be more about what we say about him, like choosing between [This dwarf is a drunk who cannot be trusted] and [Tyrion raped me and burned my brothers (and he killed Damien btw)].

• How do you think your theory will hold true if you are contradicting it.

FishySticks posted: »

If we side with Cersei , Tyrion will introduce House Forrester to his dragon buddies when he comes back to Westeros in Season Two.

• Tyrion's a smart guy, he would know we were forced to testify. I hope.

If we side with Cersei , Tyrion will introduce House Forrester to his dragon buddies when he comes back to Westeros in Season Two.

• I doubt it. It's more likely to be like when we first spoke to Cersei. No matter what you say, it's the wrong fucking answer. If you testify one way, you implicate yourself, if you testify another way, you're covering for Tyrion.

It's gonna be a choice of honor vs opportunism. If we testify against Tyrion, we get something good for Mira, if we don't, we get to feel like crap. It's gonna be a tough decision.

• Well Varys did say that Tyrion took his time, so he probably wanted to know if Mira managed to get the decree.

PigeonPie posted: »

Tyrion's a smart guy, he would know we were forced to testify. I hope.

• I think if you stole that key it probably would play a part along with Jaime.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.