Did you kill the ******* that took your food?/Or let her go?

13»

Comments

• Men were much more likely be warriors historically than women, but that doesn't mean women couldn't be warriors. History in fact provides many examples.

The ancient Scythians are one of the best examples. A full third of all graves of Scythian women unearthed by archaeologists contain warriors buried in armor and with their weapons, and often showing the same signs of battle injuries (healed and not) found with male warriors. The Scythians are also thought to be the inspiration behind the ancient Greek myths of the Amazons.

There are also instances of female warriors among the ancient Celts or Germanic tribes. Plutarch describes women fighting against the Romans during their victory at Aquae Sextiae. Of those women he said, "The fight had been no less fierce with the women than with the men themselves... the women charged with swords and axes and fell upon their opponents uttering a hideous outcry."

A triumph celebrated by the Emperor Aurelian in Rome also included Gothic warriors captured in war, some of whom were women.

female warriors can kill as many foes a a man. Silly me, you're right. Especially in a medieval-technology setting where warfare has

• I'm sure you did XD
    What if it was a potato? :D

Bitch stole my onion. so I shot her ass down.

• I'd bite the shit out of it.

I'm sure you did XD What if it was a potato?

• Just don't let Cotter put his....thing on it. :|

I'd bite the shit out of it.

• Do f*** potatoes

There we go.

That1Guy posted: »

Don't f*** potatoes Fixed that for you.

• If it had Gared's thing on it, then it's okay. :)

Just don't let Cotter put his....thing on it.

• @jacky @Scaeva

"some women can be warriors", "there are instances of female warriors" : did I say the contrary ?

If you misunderstood the first time, let me rephrase... After this encounter with the female wildlings obviously from a camp nearby, I was worried that their men would then come after me and my companions, and that I could therefore assume an even more perilous danger. Cause if this tribe produces such tough people that even the women of the tribe can pose a threat, then the men must be even more dangerous.

Why do you two act like I said "no woman ever can beat any a man in a fight" ? This is not what I said, you're off-topic here guys. Is it my choice of words "real warriors" that triggered you ?

It's really annoying that one has to be careful about every single word or phrasing if one doesn't want the PC police or feminist brigade to come storming in and start debates about concepts that were trivial in the initial comment.

I only meant that their men would be even better warriors, based upon the fact that men have superior physical strength as a rule, and, still as a rule, females are less efficient warriors than males, and there's no deying that. Beshkas and Briennes types are exceptions, not the rule.
    This is not insulting women or being "macho", I mean, if you can't accept such simple truths, you need to learn to handle reality. BTW even today in our western societies of complete gender equality (more than in Plutarch's time in any case) there are still different leagues for men and women in every single martial art, and it's very obvious why, and fortunately for women martial artists.

Also on a complete different level, I find it amusing that on the one hand, people leaning on feminist ideas usually happily spread the belief that the world would be a better and more peaceful place if women were in charge, while on the other hand, same people would cry sexism if one didn't agree that women couldn't be as good as killing or making war as men.

Scaeva posted: »

Men were much more likely be warriors historically than women, but that doesn't mean women couldn't be warriors. History in fact provides ma

• I tried to kill her, but I missed.

• I shot the girl. I am a little bit worried, because we didn't burn the bodies... Bet there are going to be consequences

• I understand you man i realy do. for me what realy got me was the REAL WARRIORS, because, like you said womans can be very good warriors. Cant fight genetic i got you. but womans can achive anyhing a guy can with the right attitude and be a real warrior badasses. play borderlands :)

@jacky @Scaeva "some women can be warriors", "there are instances of female warriors" : did I say the contrary ? If you misunderstood

• but womans can achive anyhing a guy can with the right attitude

W-what, even erections ?

jackymasdar posted: »

I understand you man i realy do. for me what realy got me was the REAL WARRIORS, because, like you said womans can be very good warriors. Ca

• lol. well,,, they can cause them prety often. xD

but womans can achive anyhing a guy can with the right attitude W-what, even erections ?

• Better than potatoes?

Poogers555 posted: »

Oh yeah, they are just the best. I fucking love raw, molding, onions and crabapple scraps

• if anything you should kill her because she tried to choke you to death with a spear, not to mention shot an arrow at you

• That wasnt the question. It was about killing her for taking their food.

Whats the point except revenge? Uh... Preventing her from warning other wildlings and alarm the whole region of our presence ?

• edited June 2017

@jacky @Scaeva "some women can be warriors", "there are instances of female warriors" : did I say the contrary ? If you misunderstood

• 0_o Okay....
    You think he's (Gared) handsome? :D

If it had Gared's thing on it, then it's okay.

• That's what I tried to point out, but still....I just....don't know.... :/

leon3 posted: »

if anything you should kill her because she tried to choke you to death with a spear, not to mention shot an arrow at you

• I see.... ;D
    What about Ethan?...I mean I heard rumors...about him also handsome....

Yes. Very

• Yes.

Very

0_o Okay.... You think he's (Gared) handsome?

• Since english isn't my first language I tend to make a lot of mistakes

Hear you bro. I'm French and I find it very hard sometimes to exactly translate my thought. I often give up on joining great discussions because I can't really express what I had in mind, or not satisfyingly enough to me. Can't count the number of comments I began to write and cancelled because I was frustrated to struggle with the phrasing.

Jovoltrot posted: »

• wow I cant remember. But I would kill her. I'm a bad person too

• I agree!

Yes. Very

• Most of the characters on GoT are handsome. Rodrik, Ryon, Asher, Ethan...

I see.... ;D What about Ethan?...I mean I heard rumors...about him also handsome....

• Yes, I killed her.
    I'm a wayward crow... I have no place to go and, as far as she's concerned, nothing to lose. This is north of the wall... she showed me how things work here with her and her ilk's display with Cotter. I'm only following suit, it's a shame they didn't have more free-folk hidden in the trees.
    I can't be begrudged for the order in which we made our choices.

We chose to confront, they reacted violently, we showed our reinforcements, they showed theirs, we won the battle, they tried to scrape what they could, we made sure they didn't.

What person, who wanders the frigid north with a spear and bow, fighting other tribes and creatures, doesn't understand that exchange of events?

• I killed her because I thought she might tell other Free Folk that we were there, just in case.

• i let her go ... she's cute lol i can't kill her ;)

• I didn't kill her. It's just not how I play out Gared's chapters x) Besides, it was just one onion.

• That's not an extremely unreasonable thing to ask. Maybe it was just chance, maybe he was just wondering. Maybe there is some GoT law stating why only wildling women go on hunting(?) parties. Anyway, it's just because 3/3 - 3, right? - of the wildlings we saw were women. It's not a 'urghhh women eww but they're weak and stupid' comment, just a curious one ;)

Also, if you were just asking then sorry for the forward reply, but you 'sounded' a little defensive in your comment :P

Flog61 posted: »

Why does that matter?

• Including Lord Forrester? :D
    Whelp, we know he's dead but still....is he handsome as well? ;)

Most of the characters on GoT are handsome. Rodrik, Ryon, Asher, Ethan...

• And if he knows that her sister was hungry...

PigeonPie posted: »

Cotter wouldn't have complained if there was a potato in there.

• Didn't shoot her because she was no longer a threat, there was barely any food left anyway, and I trust my good old friend Mr. Potato Fucker.

• although old, he was handsome as well YES

• Dude... she was Cotter's sister (and she knew about the Iron Grove)

Sarson posted: »

I killed her but I aimed for the leg. I have a feeling we're going to get really punished for that. Next episodes maybe you have to fight th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.