Game of Thrones Episode 8 Discussion

Comments

• edited June 2015

Then why are you on this thread?

I'm probably the only one who plays Game of Thrones but don't watches the actual Game of Thrones series.

• How it really went down: Tyrion and Dany continue to develop their relationship while having wine and discussing their dysfunctional families and the commonalities of their fathers.

Tyrion brings up his sister having her husband killed in mention of Dany’s plan to marry Hizdhar, yet another hint that there is something about the Hiz that we don’t yet know. Not that Tyrion would know, but the correlation will surely lead to something.

The conversation moves on to the missing Varys with Tyrion explaining to Dany that while Varys did spy on her, he was only doing what he had to do to survive. Tyrion then throws out the possibility of staying put and doing more good over in Essos.

And the long awaited “wheel” proclamation ensues.

armis37 posted: »

Loved the episode, though I have to admit that in my opinion Tyrion+Daenerys just didn't work properly. Tyrion, as always, was amazing and n

• Why? Cersei deserved what she got

Green613 posted: »

Yeah I thought they were too, but I think they're trying to give the episode a positive because Cersei is in prison, not because of the scene itself. Which IMO is dumb :P

• This episode was very good, especially the battle against the White Walkers!

• Daenerys seemed like a simple minded child because she is, in fact, a simple minded child.

Loved the episode, though I have to admit that in my opinion Tyrion+Daenerys just didn't work properly. Tyrion, as always, was amazing and n

• Good to see Stannis lose. Jaime in Dorne was ehh okay. Sansa and Theon felt forced. Did enjoying the Daenerys and Tyrion part though which was strange

• One would think she could've changed in 5 Seasons, conquering city after a city, commanding armies and such. But no, it's all the same...

Daenerys seemed like a simple minded child because she is, in fact, a simple minded child.

• From what I remember, she mentioned killing him 2 times. Since she said that before already a few times, it was getting boring.

I can forgive this dialogue, but that wheel part just kills it. I don't want to start a discussion over how stupid and how repetitive it was. Always saying how she will change everything, yet nothing changes.

How it really went down: Tyrion and Dany continue to develop their relationship while having wine and discussing their dysfunctional familie

• You dont automatically become brilliant because youve conquered cities. She is learning as she goes. That is why she needs advisors like Tyrion who have knowledge and experience.

One would think she could've changed in 5 Seasons, conquering city after a city, commanding armies and such. But no, it's all the same...

• Stannis lose? He didnt fight yet. I was extremely happy that Theon fonally told Sansa he didnt kill her brothers. I thought it was a good scene and a promise, hopefully, of Sansa and Theon taking action together.

Clemenem posted: »

Good to see Stannis lose. Jaime in Dorne was ehh okay. Sansa and Theon felt forced. Did enjoying the Daenerys and Tyrion part though which was strange

• What got me was her saying why she fights and I'm like, you never fought anything.

One would think she could've changed in 5 Seasons, conquering city after a city, commanding armies and such. But no, it's all the same...

• Seriously, all she does is give out orders. She never fought anyone, and those orders are often influenced by those better in strategy.

What got me was her saying why she fights and I'm like, you never fought anything.

• She had advisors from the very start. I'm not saying she should be brilliant at this point already, but I'd like to see some results atleast. She hasn't learnt a single thing about politics, and is still pretty ignorant about how things should be done.

KCohere posted: »

You dont automatically become brilliant because youve conquered cities. She is learning as she goes. That is why she needs advisors like Tyrion who have knowledge and experience.

• Honestly it would help if she actually took up sword fighting so she can defend herself if she is being attacked, but I guess it isn't honorable for a woman to fight or something. Its in a different world that is basically in a medieval period, so no one is probably fond of having a woman do anything related to politics and fighting.

Seriously, all she does is give out orders. She never fought anyone, and those orders are often influenced by those better in strategy.

• I'm not too sure about politics one, but yeah, fighting women don't have too many fans in Westeros.

Talking about Dany learning to wield a sword though, I can easily imagine her response to such a proposal - 'I have my dragons, why would I need a sword?'

Honestly it would help if she actually took up sword fighting so she can defend herself if she is being attacked, but I guess it isn't honor

• Isn't it on her to keep herself protected as the ruler and not take up arms and put herself in danger? She hasnt been trained to fight. What could she do? She's not Brienne.

Honestly it would help if she actually took up sword fighting so she can defend herself if she is being attacked, but I guess it isn't honor

• She has plenty of people that could train her to fight. They won't. She won't see a battlefield until she's on the back of a dragon, at which point she will brag about the battles she fought even though she still didn't actually do any fighting.

Isn't it on her to keep herself protected as the ruler and not take up arms and put herself in danger? She hasnt been trained to fight. What could she do? She's not Brienne.

• Stannis lose? He didnt fight yet.

The Boltons outnumber him and are more prepared. What I meant was that bully's army losing support and suffering in the snow

As for the Theon/ Sansa thing it now just seems like a forced alliance between the two of them. We know Ramsayor Roose won't die, Sansa and Theon will probably be captured by said bully's army

Stannis lose? He didnt fight yet. I was extremely happy that Theon fonally told Sansa he didnt kill her brothers. I thought it was a good scene and a promise, hopefully, of Sansa and Theon taking action together.

• Whoever kills Daenerys will immediately become my favorite character.

She has plenty of opportunities to learn sword fighting from what I can tell... Who is to say that she won't get an assassin who manages to

• She has plenty of opportunities to learn sword fighting from what I can tell... Who is to say that she won't get an assassin who manages to slip by every single guard? The dragons won't help by being locked up or roaming the skies. Though Dany has lots guards, someone like a faceless man (not using a poison dart..) could very well just walk right into the room and kill her. While it would be very expensive, some might actually have their own ambition to do it for free.

Isn't it on her to keep herself protected as the ruler and not take up arms and put herself in danger? She hasnt been trained to fight. What could she do? She's not Brienne.

• Well, im not counting out Stannis yet until we see what happens.

It is a forced alliance between Theon and Sansa because they are the only ones the two of them have who understand what the other is going through. They csn only help each other and i hope they do it soon. I dont know that the Bolton's wont die. Maybe not right away but i think most of us have been looking forward to that. Its been a long wait for some Stark vengeance.

Stannis lose? He didnt fight yet. The Boltons outnumber him and are more prepared. What I meant was that bully's army losing support

• Stark vengeance.

I'm a Lannister/ Targareyan loyalist so I couldn't care less about any of the Starks apart from little Arya. Robb was too incompetent of a leader so I really hope they don't hold power of the North again

Well, im not counting out Stannis yet until we see what happens. It is a forced alliance between Theon and Sansa because they are the onl

• Hmm, it seems we're on opposite sides lol.

Robb made one huge mistake but other than that he was a fine leader.

Stark vengeance. I'm a Lannister/ Targareyan loyalist so I couldn't care less about any of the Starks apart from little Arya. Robb was too incompetent of a leader so I really hope they don't hold power of the North again

• because I feel like it.

Then why are you on this thread?

• I started to watch 1st episode but I dont know. I enjoy the game so much more.

SoMuchSass posted: »

You should give it a try, it's good, + you'd enjoy the game even more

• I know, and I agree with that. But giving the episode a positive because of that seems dumb.

stevean2 posted: »

Why? Cersei deserved what she got

• one huge mistake

It was more 3 or 4 huge mistakes but regardless I honestly can see the benefit of any of the houses on the throne even the ones that I dont particularly like

Hmm, it seems we're on opposite sides lol. Robb made one huge mistake but other than that he was a fine leader.

• Stannis and Jaime weren't even in the episode, dude.

Good to see Stannis lose. Jaime in Dorne was ehh okay. Sansa and Theon felt forced. Did enjoying the Daenerys and Tyrion part though which was strange

• Stannis' armys state was mentioned. They seem to be at a low "dude"

Stannis and Jaime weren't even in the episode, dude.

• Ugh you do know there is a difference between lose and losing. The war isn't over

That still doesn't make what you said make sense. Stannis didn't lose and Jaime wasn't in the episode. You're giving off the impression you didn't think the episode was as amazing as everybody else thinks it was and you gave invalid reasons for it.

• That still doesn't make what you said make sense. Stannis didn't lose and Jaime wasn't in the episode. You're giving off the impression you didn't think the episode was as amazing as everybody else thinks it was and you gave invalid reasons for it.

Stannis' armys state was mentioned. They seem to be at a low "dude"

• You never said he was "losing", you said he lost, so you saying that to me doesn't make sense.

Ugh you do know there is a difference between lose and losing. The war isn't over

• The part that sticks out to me the most is when Tyrion flat out tells her, that you can't just win everything by killing everything.

From what I remember, she mentioned killing him 2 times. Since she said that before already a few times, it was getting boring. I can for

• Correction, Stannis, Jaime and Bronn were not in the episode, but I actually didn't care because everything made up for it.

Stannis and Jaime weren't even in the episode, dude.

• You replied to me instead of Clemenem :P

Correction, Stannis, Jaime and Bronn were not in the episode, but I actually didn't care because everything made up for it.

• Oh yeah, whoops! Sorry, I haven't used in this system in... oh, a year I believe? It was shit once upon a time, and I just recently came back because GOT, sorry once again.

You replied to me instead of Clemenem :P

• Good thing they didn't show anything from Dorne. Can the White Walkers please pay it a visit?

Correction, Stannis, Jaime and Bronn were not in the episode, but I actually didn't care because everything made up for it.

• It was amazing. I'd say one of the best episodes this season.

• I go one more then that, it was the best episode of the season, and perhaps in the top ten best episodes of the series. The atmosphere and build up was superior to most horror films these days.

• Well atleast it's not the ONLY posative they gave :P

Green613 posted: »

I know, and I agree with that. But giving the episode a positive because of that seems dumb.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.