If More than One Season of This is Planned...

...and assuming that both seasons will be focused on the trials and tribulations of the Forresters, Gared needs to survive to make it to Hardhome.

After that phenomenal TV series episode it would be a crime not to have one of Telltale's characters present for it, should the game series make it to that point in the timeline.

Comments

• edited June 2015

He could be in Hardhome as part of the free folk. Cotter grew up near Hardhome, no?

I don't see Gared realistically being able to get away with "murdering" one of his brothers and deserting the Night's Watch. Even if Stannis

• edited June 2015

I don't see Gared realistically being able to get away with "murdering" one of his brothers and deserting the Night's Watch. Even if Stannis gets involved and hears the story (I'm pretty positive he isn't appearing in the game, though), Stannis respects rules and regulations too much to let Gared live.

• Yes he did, and now that makes me feel bad for him, because if you side against him, he mentions having a family and wanting to go home. Well now that's most certainly not happening. Plus, I also learned all he wants is a good friend that trusts him, I trust him.

rousseau posted: »

He could be in Hardhome as part of the free folk. Cotter grew up near Hardhome, no?

• It actually isn't up to Stannis at all, unless Gared has the misfortune of being captured by Stannis' men before reaching Castle Black. If Gared returns to Castle Black whether or not he'd get executed would be entirely at the discretion of the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Would Jon execute Gared? Hard to say. After all Jon himself at least officially deserted the Night's Watch at one point and also killed one of his brothers. Gared being on the chopping block already before desertion might also be seen as a mitigating factor, if he could somehow prove his killing of Britt was in self-defense. Of course thats a very big if.

But as Rousseau pointed out there is another option, and that is that Gared wouldn't arrive at Hardhome via the Night's Watch. He could end up there with the Wildings. At that point he'd almost certainly be pardoned, if he made it out of Hardhome alive.

I don't see Gared realistically being able to get away with "murdering" one of his brothers and deserting the Night's Watch. Even if Stannis

• Could be. Perhaps they find whatever is there at the North Grove, and then become Wildlings. I would be okay with that, not likely to happen, but I would be okay with that.

Scaeva posted: »

It actually isn't up to Stannis at all, unless Gared has the misfortune of being captured by Stannis' men before reaching Castle Black. If G

• Seems not plausible. Rodrik wouldn't do that, plus I doubt Gared would make it back to Ironrath.

• Rodrik...executing Gared? It won't happen.

• More than one season of this is planned, and I doubt that Gared will be at Hardhome for that scene. Though it would be very cool

• ...think he'll be dead before then?

More than one season of this is planned, and I doubt that Gared will be at Hardhome for that scene. Though it would be very cool

• Maybe. Him and Rodrik's storyline I can't see really continuing past this season so either they die or just stop being PCs imo

Scaeva posted: »

...think he'll be dead before then?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.