I don't get why people hate E4's ending

2»

Comments

• His hair is lighter, and his face in general just looks different.

They did? What did they update? His outfit?

• That moment when he said "Rodrick" all excited and shit. Amazing...

• At least Arthur is ok in my playthrough

Killah posted: »

Well, I didn't like it because ramsay returned and will most likely fuck things up. Plus....where the fuck is elaena and arthur? And everybody!? However the rest of the chapters were 10/10

• Next month? Lol 2 months at the least (unlikely)

Wolf6120 posted: »

On the one hand, it's a terrible cliffhanger which doesn't tell us enough about what happened. On the other hand, it's suspense that will ke

• well, welcome to the real world. You aren't an all-powerful protagonist who gets to win the day and beat Sauron in one fell swoop. This is Game of Thrones, not the Legend of Zelda. You'll be lucky if all your characters don't die. Slaying all your enemies is completely unlikely relative to this setting.

I don't understand people having issue with this, and I agree with OP. The Boltons are your masters. Turning on them would be like turning on the Starks when they were in power. it would be unrealistic to say the least.

Or, to put it another way - little fish, big pond.

trd84 posted: »

Knowing from the start you can't beat the bad guy sucks. Yeah the bad guy doesn't always have to die but knowing from the start sucks. They'

• It gets me everytime!

My reaction:

Ramsay shouts Rodrik enthusiastically like a child- "No... everything was going so well :("

That moment when he said "Rodrick" all excited and shit. Amazing...

• edited June 2015

Hmm, everyone who seems to be against this ending seems to fall into one or more of these three camps:

1. Plot armour - fair enough, but that seems like meta gaming at its core. Your characters don't know Ramsey is basically immortal, but he might as well be. Are the Forresters supposed to turn on ALL the Boltons? These are the guys who control Winterfell, and with it, the North, and are giving Stannis a run for his money. STANNIS, who broke the back of the Wildling army with ease. Newsflash guys, it doesn't matter where in the timeline this is happening, you are a minor house, and you can't turn on the Boltons. You can barely stand up to the Whitehills. The Boltons would wipe you out as an afterthought if you ever posed a "threat" to them.

2. Laziness - the most credible of arguments against this ending, the Ramsey card has been played already and it is a little... meh, for going there again. I have mixed feelings about this, but I still liked the ending and didn't think it was lazy to bring Ramsey back into the story

3. Cliffhangers - do I... seriously? I'm not going to explain why this is a critical element of fiction, especially with episodic content like this.

• Maybe in a similar scene like 'Attack Ludd'

Everyone dies, game over. But at least you can see the look on his face.

BeastInside posted: »

He's not dead in Season 5 of GoT. Killing him in TTGoT would create lots of issues.

• Oh the things I'd do to see that happen...

Maybe in a similar scene like 'Attack Ludd' Everyone dies, game over. But at least you can see the look on his face.

• LET ME DREAM DANG IT

Next month? Lol 2 months at the least (unlikely)

• I personally think it's kind of anticlimactic, knowing Ramsay won't die.

Precisely my thoughts on it. The canon shield doesn't do much for immersion.

I personally think it's kind of anticlimactic, knowing Ramsay won't die. And with no one there, (WHERE THE FUCK IS ELAENA) this ending bothers me.

• Just don't want you to get peoples hopes up

Wolf6120 posted: »

LET ME DREAM DANG IT

• I didn't hate it...but it was annoying. He's a giant eraser that can swoop down at any time and wipe all your progress in a blink of an eye. Telltale can literally screw you however and whenever they want with Ramsay cause "Sadists!". It's hard to see a successful way out if we destroy the Whitehills only to still be under the thumb of a bastard who shanks lords in their own castles for shits and giggles. Might be worse, actually, because we wouldn't be "amusing" to him anymore.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.