Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Watching Let's Plays, I've noticed that when Jack enhances Rhys' ECHO Eye thing, there are some playthroughs where it doesn't change color.

• edited June 2015

In first look of Hollow Point there is billboard advertising Engorge, which is a male enhancement product presumably sold on Pandora.

Alt text

• edited June 2015

And they always reuse that animation of Bigby putting his hands on his side and pacing around.

EDIT; Holy shit this is ancient, what have I done.

The running animations for Bigby and Rhys seem reused.

• i remember loaderbot saying fatality in ep1 its a reference to mortal kombat

• In episode 1, after the race, it is revealed that Vaughn has some pretty serious issues that need checking out.

u okay m8

• Ahaha, what the hell, Vaughn?

Wait, maybe he's possessed by an AI too!

Lewsblake23 posted: »

In episode 1, after the race, it is revealed that Vaughn has some pretty serious issues that need checking out. u okay m8

• It is terrifying.

Ahaha, what the hell, Vaughn? Wait, maybe he's possessed by an AI too!

• Please tell me i'm not the only one who just noticed this skin for Fiona's car...

Alt text

• Alt text

its ok ;3

TheJack posted: »

Please tell me i'm not the only one who just noticed this skin for Fiona's car...

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

Has anyone heard all the little lines of the voice activation on the overcompensator? Because they're pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKkA_cVBvLY

• I haven't noticed it in my first playthrough either. :P

Please tell me i'm not the only one who just noticed this skin for Fiona's car...

• Dat Jack though.

Alt text

Deltino posted: »

Has anyone heard all the little lines of the voice activation on the overcompensator? Because they're pretty neat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKkA_cVBvLY

• the sad thing is that its like my third one, and only now i've noticed it.

Pipas posted: »

I haven't noticed it in my first playthrough either. :P

• Umm.... I thought Borderlands 1 was set after 5252. (Course, I did get that off the wiki.)

Tales from the Borderlands takes place in 2874 or 2875

• That is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in this game and this game is pretty ridiculous.

Where is your dignity, Jack? Still lost since Butt Stallion?

Pipas posted: »

Dat Jack though.

• I don't know how or why, but somehow I have forgotten how to get the scene where Vaughn and Loader Bot gives Rhys a thumbs up. Can anyone remind me?

• Pretty sure all you have to do is go to Old Haven first. :D

I don't know how or why, but somehow I have forgotten how to get the scene where Vaughn and Loader Bot gives Rhys a thumbs up. Can anyone remind me?

• edited June 2015

EDIT: Never mind. Turns out I was wrong xD

I don't know how or why, but somehow I have forgotten how to get the scene where Vaughn and Loader Bot gives Rhys a thumbs up. Can anyone remind me?

• Thanks, I got the thumbs up on my first playthrough and I chose to go to Hollow Point first. I have been unable to get the scene ever since.

EDIT: Never mind. Turns out I was wrong xD

• I think you need to fix the powerbox closest to Vaughn last, and that will trigger the thumbs up

Thanks, I got the thumbs up on my first playthrough and I chose to go to Hollow Point first. I have been unable to get the scene ever since.

• I tried that, Poogs. It didn't work.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think you need to fix the powerbox closest to Vaughn last, and that will trigger the thumbs up

• Do you think that they have removed that scene somehow?

I tried that, Poogs. It didn't work.

• edited June 2015

They didn't i played the game 2 days ago and i got the scene....it played after i finished the "puzzle", i went to hollow point.

Do you think that they have removed that scene somehow?

• It is strange...I have played episode 2 like three or four times now and I still don't get that scene.

But then again, the first time I played the episode was on my laptop...

They didn't i played the game 2 days ago and i got the scene....it played after i finished the "puzzle", i went to hollow point.

• edited June 2015

He lost his dignity 3 years ago, in the Pre-Sequel.

And yes, Borderlands is SUPPOSED to be ridiculous and parody everything.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in this game and this game is pretty ridiculous. Where is your dignity, Jack? Still lost since Butt Stallion?

• also notice at episode one the stranger takes you to the remains of shades "world of curiosity" and you sit in there for the entire episode

Janek95 posted: »

I forgot about this one. But this skeleton is earlier in the game. You are right sir.

• at episode one the stranger takes you to the remains of shades "world of curiosity" and you sit there for the entire episode.

• lol i remember listening to this dialogue good find

Janek95 posted: »

In first look of Hollow Point there is billboard advertising Engorge, which is a male enhancement product presumably sold on Pandora.

• what if were all prossessed by an AI?
    Alt text

Ahaha, what the hell, Vaughn? Wait, maybe he's possessed by an AI too!

• It's been mentioned before :P

clap-tp posted: »

at episode one the stranger takes you to the remains of shades "world of curiosity" and you sit there for the entire episode.

• Alt text

clap-tp posted: »

what if were all prossessed by an AI?

• edited June 2015

I finally found the way to do it Dave!

1. Go to the power box nearest to Vaughn

2. Go to the power box on the roof after climbing the dumpster

3. Go to the power box hiding behind the billboard

Hope it works for you too :)

It is strange...I have played episode 2 like three or four times now and I still don't get that scene. But then again, the first time I played the episode was on my laptop...

• AWESOME! Thank you! :)

I can't believe I have forgotten how to get the scene. it is strange that it is hidden in a way.

I finally found the way to do it Dave! 1. Go to the power box nearest to Vaughn 2. Go to the power box on the roof after climbing the dumpster 3. Go to the power box hiding behind the billboard Hope it works for you too

• If you go to the Tales From The Borderlands section of this site and click on episodes then episode 3 it'll still be covered by 'NOPE'.

Episode 2 was covered by something, I think 'COMING SOON'.

Episode 4 is covered by 'NOT YET'.

Episode 5 is covered by 'UH-UH'.

• Gortys is so fucking cute!

• Sasha and Rhys are so fucking cute!

• In my playthrough, in the intro sequence, Fiona appears to hit Rhys with her boot when Rhys nearly falls asleep (at least that's what appeared to had happen). But in a YouTuber's playthrough, Handsome Jack appears to mess with Rhys and Fiona gives Rhys a look. Does anyone know what changes this scene in the intro? It's probably choosing one or the other in Episode Two, but it could probably be different

• I'm fairly certain it's based on whether or not you get your shoe back from Fiona in ep 2.

In my playthrough, in the intro sequence, Fiona appears to hit Rhys with her boot when Rhys nearly falls asleep (at least that's what appear

• Outside the Atlas dome, in the area with all the new glowing plants, using your Echo eye will reveal Jack hanging out in a couple of different places while he details what all of the scan-able items are (which is hilarious). When you're in the area just outside the dome entrance, Jack will be standing directly behind Vaughn. If you scan Vaughn, Jack has some hilarious things to say, but if you are idle and watch Jack long enough, he'll do a series of funny animations, including sticking his hands through Vaughn's chest to make it look like his nipples are talking.

Why do I find this so hilarious? Because of this thing I drew awhile back of fem!Jack doing the exact same thing to fem!Vaughn... 100% positive it was coincidental and nothing to do with my drawing, but it still made me laugh!

• edited June 2015

or if you don't catch him in episode 2 :)

I'm fairly certain it's based on whether or not you get your shoe back from Fiona in ep 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.