That Season 5 Ending... Wow.

Comments

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Here's hoping ....wipe tears..

JazzyTheMan posted: »

pats There there... he might not be dead. Most fans don't think he is...

• I'm still holding strongly to my belief that he didn't die! That website also say's John Snow is dead as well, but I really think he is still gonna come back next season alive. Maybe Melisandre, Bran, or maybe something/someone else will help John in my opinion. Thats a cool website but, I think it just assumes they are dead and knows only as much as the fans (possibly getting updated that John and Stannis are alive when next season comes).

I just came across this: http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-5/episode-10/people/136/stannis-baratheon Looks like he's dead.

• He didn't die. the viewers guide follows the show!

I just came across this: http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-5/episode-10/people/136/stannis-baratheon Looks like he's dead.

• This is an official site. And Jon is dead. He's just dead temporarily. Stannis is dead, sorry. He won't be the one that gets revived.

I'm still holding strongly to my belief that he didn't die! That website also say's John Snow is dead as well, but I really think he is stil

• I know it follows the show.

Sai Madadi posted: »

He didn't die. the viewers guide follows the show!

• Exactly. The site says John is dead too. Stannis and John are both alive and temporarily dead.

He didn't die. the viewers guide follows the show!

• Nope I dont think so still. Stannis is temporarily dead as well. His death wasn't on camera for a reason, so he will live in my opinion.

This is an official site. And Jon is dead. He's just dead temporarily. Stannis is dead, sorry. He won't be the one that gets revived.

• Nothing is ever settled in game of thrones

I hate it when finale's don't settle anything! The only thing that was settled was Stannis... everything else...DAH! Though I did cheer when I saw the fate of Myranda.

• It follows the show, meaning it only assumes they are dead. The website could update with John and Stannis being alive. The website says they are both dead because the episode made it seem like that. I say wait till next season to see if they are actually dead.

I know it follows the show.

• Hate to break it to you, but Melisandre doesn't have the power to resurrect people and he showed no signs of warging.

Cope49 posted: »

Here's hoping ....wipe tears..

• JON MIGHT ACTUALLY BE DEAD FOR REAL!!!

"This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with [showrunners] Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” … Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it — it’s only in David and Dan and [author] George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really."
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/90262-is-kit-harington-leaving-game-of-thrones-the-jon-snow-actor-says-hes-done-for-good

I'm soooooo happy

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

I'm sure they'll come up with something. Jon's story isn't over.

Hate to break it to you, but Melisandre doesn't have the power to resurrect people and he showed no signs of warging.

• I didn't give this any thought until now because of so much happening in that episode... but what if Theon and Sansa actually fell to their death? It's a long drop, and even snow would likely kill from that height.

• :,( please... no...

• edited June 2015

It might not be the overwhelmingly popular opinion, but I wasn't cheering for Stannis's death at the end. No, I felt nothing more then sorrow and pity for the man, he lost everything, his family, his men, his own legacy and family name that stretches back 300 years. He made a horrible choice and it didn't pay off, and he knew it well. At the end, he knew he fucked up, and knew full well he deserved everything that was about to come to him. I don't hate Brienne for what she did, not at all, I get it fully. At least she was merciful, if she hadn't shown up, then it would have been Ramsay, and he would never have been as kind as Brienne. The man was flawed, nobody can say he wasn't, but he wasn't pure evil. He wasn't black or white like Joffrey or Ramsay, he was a man that defined the term morality is grey. He did good things, and he did bad things, as most humans do, and he was most assuredly that, human. He was more like a Shakespearean character or the center player in a Greek Tragedy, a decent person that gave up something important in hopes that good things would come from it, only to find out it was all a bitter twist of fate. I might be the only one to say this here on this forum, but I don't drink to his death, rather I light a candle. Rest in peace, the last great man of House Baratheon, may his hopes and dreams flourish when the Bolton's all finally die one day. Nothing besides remains, round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the low level sands stretched far away. Rip Stannis the Mannis.

• Yeah, the stories of a few others that are still alive in the books weren't supposed to be either.

D&D like their finality and don't seem to entertain the idea of bringing the presumed dead back to life. cough Stoneheart cough

Cope49 posted: »

I'm sure they'll come up with something. Jon's story isn't over.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Total garbage .. He's alive.

Sarson posted: »

JON MIGHT ACTUALLY BE DEAD FOR REAL!!! "This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with [showrunners] Dan and David, we did the Ton

• Not that shocked about Stannis, but Myrcella, yeah. I guess that prophecy is coming true, that all Cercei's children will die before her. look out Tommen.

Definitely didn't think Stannis would die. Or Myrcella. That was an excellent episode.

• Yea I completely agree with you. They didn't show Stannis die on camera so he is most likely alive.

I don't know. I just feel like he might be alive (Stannis)

• That was a high jump. Myranda's fall was shorter.

Me too. So many things were left untouched. I'm guessing Sansa and Theon survived the jump? Jeez, give us something!

• Well, he didnt deserve a spectacular death, if dead he is. His whole mission just collapsed in failure. Hiw could he not see the desertions coming?

Didn't like the Brienne scene. Not just because of who was killed, but because of the way it was handled. It felt rushed and the death itsel

• Jon looked pretty dead but with Melissandre back, she will probably do something. Then again, she has never brought anyone back. That was Thoros, so why do we all assume she will ressurrect him?

• Lots of cliffhangers, just like the books.

I hate it when finale's don't settle anything! The only thing that was settled was Stannis... everything else...DAH! Though I did cheer when I saw the fate of Myranda.

• I hope the white walkers eat everyone in the night's watch, except Edd. I know he wasnt in on that.

• man is there anyway to survive multiple stab wounds!?

• Haha you have an awesome profile pic!

I didn't give this any thought until now because of so much happening in that episode... but what if Theon and Sansa actually fell to their death? It's a long drop, and even snow would likely kill from that height.

• That was deep.

It might not be the overwhelmingly popular opinion, but I wasn't cheering for Stannis's death at the end. No, I felt nothing more then sorr

• So Cersei confessed to some of the charges. Doesn't name Jaime as her lover nor acknowledge her contribution to King Robert's death, but they allow her "furlough" after she walks in shame naked to be around her family and council. She'll never see a trial. The High Sparrow is stupid. I assume if Melisandre has the power of the Lord of Light, as long as the Night's Watch does not burn the body he could come back to life. But honestly I hope the moment he shared with the Night's King would make him be revived as a white walker commander.

Overall the episode was paced awkwardly. I thought they'd show more with the Battle of Winterfell but since half his army bounced on him, it would be a waste. I did not truly understand the Braavos's scene. Is Ja'qen potentially everyone in the House? Did he teleport into the girl? Why not offer Arya to the Faceless God? There's no way Sansa and Reek should survive jumping that high from the castle. Ever if they do, both should be crippled. And did Ellaria provide the death sentence of Doran's son? I'ma watch it again but I don't know what D&D were doing with some of these storylines. Regardless if it is truly Lena Headley's body or a body double, the walk lasted too long really.

• Wait, so Brienne wanted to avenge Renly, right? But both are Baratheons, correct? Meaning that Brienne might have some emotional connection with the Baratheons. And we never saw Stannis die, right? So....STANNIS CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 6!

• Regardless if it is truly Lena Headley's body or a body double

It's weird, while her hair was getting shaved off you could clearly tell it wasn't Lena, to the point where it just ruined the effect of the scene to be honest, but then there's the Walk itself where you see a full frontal.

pcharl01 posted: »

So Cersei confessed to some of the charges. Doesn't name Jaime as her lover nor acknowledge her contribution to King Robert's death, but th

• I assume that there will not be any Wall scenes next year, possibly no or very few Winterfell scenes either.

Sarson posted: »

JON MIGHT ACTUALLY BE DEAD FOR REAL!!! "This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with [showrunners] Dan and David, we did the Ton

• Stannis is dead, soooo... Settled?

Nothing is ever settled in game of thrones

• What happened to Ghost? He should have been around Jon at the end.

"Ghost..."

• I assumed she was just doing penance for the adultery. Why do you think there wont be a trial? She already has her champion.

pcharl01 posted: »

So Cersei confessed to some of the charges. Doesn't name Jaime as her lover nor acknowledge her contribution to King Robert's death, but th

• It looked like her to me.

Regardless if it is truly Lena Headley's body or a body double It's weird, while her hair was getting shaved off you could clearly t

• She only cared about one Baratheon. Its not like Stannis showed any remorse.

Wait, so Brienne wanted to avenge Renly, right? But both are Baratheons, correct? Meaning that Brienne might have some emotional connection with the Baratheons. And we never saw Stannis die, right? So....STANNIS CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 6!

• but stannis killed renly, sorry bro :X

Wait, so Brienne wanted to avenge Renly, right? But both are Baratheons, correct? Meaning that Brienne might have some emotional connection with the Baratheons. And we never saw Stannis die, right? So....STANNIS CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 6!

• The hair looked very different in some shots.

KCohere posted: »

It looked like her to me.

• Well, it is a wig.

The hair looked very different in some shots.

• I have a question, why do people just assume that the Red Witch lady (sorry I'm terrible with GoT names) can just revive somebody?

I also didn't really find this episode all that entertaining. That walk of shame scene holy sh*t did it last like 5 minutes too long. It felt like it was never ending and my ears were hurting constantly hearing that bell and "shame" I wanted to fast forward through it, was just too long.

The whole Winterfell "battle" was boring and lack luster and the way Brienne just walks in to kill Stannis? Yawn. Varys back with Tyrion is awesome, I like those two together. I'm kind of curious to know what happens with Danys next season but her stuff this episode was nothing.

I REALLY hope Sansa and Reek died from that jump. I can't stand either of them and just want them gone from the show. I'm sure they're alive but I'm just gonna go ahead and call bullsh*t on how they do and hate it ahead of time.

Jon Snow's death wasn't shocking, I saw it coming and new that little kid was gonna be the last one to do it. I was just hoping to see his eyes start to turn to ice. I want him to be a white walker so bad now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.