That Season 5 Ending... Wow.

Comments

• I think both of them are dead, but Jon is going to come back as a white walker.

Exactly. The site says John is dead too. Stannis and John are both alive and temporarily dead.

• Yes but the hair didn't look like it was from the same wig. Also, I noticed how every time in that scene they showed her woman's parts, the hair was covering her face, yet when they showed headshots, her hair suddenly wasn't covering her face nearly as much.

KCohere posted: »

Well, it is a wig.

• They didn't show Lee die on camera.

Yea I completely agree with you. They didn't show Stannis die on camera so he is most likely alive.

• I might as well stop watching the show now. All the characters that are left, I don't even like.

• edited June 2015

If Jon is dead for good...I have...Jaime...basically. Bronn...uhh...Sam...Tyrion...

• edited June 2015

Wonderful Father and husband

Alt text

• I guess mutiny against the Lord Commander is okay now, never mind the fact it was an unforgivable dishonour three seasons ago.

"For the Watch" my ass.

• edited June 2015

I honestly don't think Stannis is death tbh...I feel like if he were, we would of actually seen him dying instead of having the scene cut off like that...I could be wrong though. Jon snow is probably dead, but the fact that Melisandre is there I think she might be able to bring him back to life, almost like what Thoros of Myr did with Beric Dondarrion and...... -whispers- Lady Stoneheart

BOOK SPOILERS!

Y'know I would of much prefer if they follow the same route in the books with Davos' plot line. His chapters was one of my favorites to read in Dance of Dragons, and I found Wyman Manderly to be an interesting character. Idk, the whole "Bring me my liege lord" plot line was really intriguing especially since we almost never hear about Rickon Stark, and I think it would of been awesome to see Davos travel to Skagos to look for him.

But hey, it is what it is.

• Unless they landed on to deep snow. I think that's what happened

KCohere posted: »

That was a high jump. Myranda's fall was shorter.

• ALL HAIL BALON GREYJOY

THE VICTOR OF THE WAR OF FIVE KINGS

• edited June 2015

Like I said in my other post. "Most of the time" if they don't show the person die, they could still be alive. There are exceptions to everything of course like Lee. I still believe Stannis is alive. If Game of Thrones showed Robs death, Joffrey death, etc on screen why wouldn't they show Stannis die? In my opinion they didn't show you the death to cause doubt that he died. For example look at walking dead. Everyone thought Judith (the baby) died in Walking Dead when she wasn't in her baby carrier and it was full of blood. She ended up being alive because we didn't see her actually die.

They didn't show Lee die on camera.

• R.I.P Jon Snow, I almost cried :(

• edited June 2015

Even look at Kenny from walking dead. A lot of people thought Kenny died, but since he didn't die on screen there was a HUGE possibility that he survived. Then season 2 came and he was alive. I think stannis will be another Kenny scenario.

They didn't show Lee die on camera.

• The Night's Watch are a bunch of idiots. They're too delusional to see the bigger picture. The White Walkers.

• Agreed, the nights watch are nothing without jon.

Gary-Oak posted: »

The Night's Watch are a bunch of idiots. They're too delusional to see the bigger picture. The White Walkers.

• that whole episode though... people dropping dead left, right and center

• Well I hope Jon gets ressurrected as a White Walker and beats their ass:D

Gary-Oak posted: »

The Night's Watch are a bunch of idiots. They're too delusional to see the bigger picture. The White Walkers.

• Well...That was an episode of cliffhangers...Awesome episode, but a lot of cliffhangers...

On the bright side, either with Martin's books or Season 6, we will get our answers one way or another.

• No, he's dead, but the biggest book theory since ADWD came out is that Mel will revive him.

Yes, Jon will live through anything! I hope.

• They used a body double and CGI'd her face onto them.

Yes but the hair didn't look like it was from the same wig. Also, I noticed how every time in that scene they showed her woman's parts, the

• edited June 2015

So, the biggest book theory since ADWD released is that Mel will revive Jon, seeing as she's there in the books with Shireen and Selyse, and Beric and Lady Stoneheart, which the show definitely isn't doing, prove that revival can be done. Mel arriving at the Wall this episode basically proves it's going to happen, since there's no reason for her to be there apart from that.

Just remember, those revived tend to come back different.

• Every men of the Night's Watch who dies, technically get "Now their Watch has ended."

If Jon get revived, he is basically no longer a member of the Night's Watch and thus allowed to do some other stuff. Well, if he gets revived...

LeFedore posted: »

So, the biggest book theory since ADWD released is that Mel will revive Jon, seeing as she's there in the books with Shireen and Selyse, and

• BTW if Jaime doesn't turn that boat straight around and kick Ellaria's a$$ in the beginning of Season 6 I will be severally disappointed.

• Jon only died to fulfill his pledge to the Night's Watch. With Stannis dead Jon will be able to take over the war effort in the North with his wildling army.

• Me @ Stannis for the first part of the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

But Myrcella's death was the saddest thing ever. Fuck you Ellaria. There's nothing worse than a shitty character killing off an interesting character.

Awesome moment with Reek, except the snow wasn't nearly deep enough to break an 80-foot-fall. Season 6 will likely consist of Theon and Sansa lying in the snow going "ARRRRGH OUR LEGS."

Dany and Tyrion...for fucksake, I don't care about Meereen, no matter who you put in charge of it. Please abandon that shithole and go to somewhere more interesting pls.

Cersei's walk of shame was handled better than in the books, imho. FrankenGregor looks a bit goofy tho, thanks to the design of the Kingsguard armor on the show. Nevertheless, Cleganebowl confurmed, get hype, etc.

I'm surprised that they're only doing the whole Oldtown thing now with Sam. For the Watch was expected though. What'll happen to Mel and Davos without Jon to support them?

• I was extremely furious when Myrcella got poisoned and I want Ellaria to die...Myrcella and Jaime just had this sweet moment...

BTW if Jaime doesn't turn that boat straight around and kick Ellaria's a$$ in the beginning of Season 6 I will be severally disappointed.

• https://youtu.be/xt8lJ3RohL0

Ellaria didn't get the memo I guess.

I was extremely furious when Myrcella got poisoned and I want Ellaria to die...Myrcella and Jaime just had this sweet moment...

• Wow, you payed close attention to Cersei's details.

Yes but the hair didn't look like it was from the same wig. Also, I noticed how every time in that scene they showed her woman's parts, the

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Amazing episode. Incredible.

What I saw coming: Stannis' defeat (but not Brienne killing him, I was sure he'd live), Meryn Trant's brutal death by Arya (amazing scene) and her blindness (like in the books) and of course: Jon Snow (Mel will most likely revive him or help him do another thing which I will not spoil those who didn't read the books of, one thing I will say I knew she would come back for him and even said it on the Stannis thread).

What I didn't see coming: Selys' suicide, Myrcella's poisoning (WOW), Theon pushing Myranda off and his leap into the deep snow with Sansa (they'll probably live, but at first I thought they had committed suicide) and Varys' comeback in Mereen.

All in all, my favorite episode in the series yet. This episode represents the best of the series.

EDIT: Forgot about Cersei's "atonement walk" and Frankenstein Gregor, I expected both of these and they were both amazingly executed - props to Lena Headey for her acting this episode.

• Two more things I want to add real quick. First off am I the only one that wants Olly dead? I know that sounds messed up because he is just a kid, but I just never liked him first he kills Ygritte who I loved and now he screws over Jon that was the last straw. Also damn this show for actually making me feel bad for Cersei. I hope she kills all those religious zealots.

• edited June 2015

Well, where do I begin, so much has happened...

Stannis is dead? Who knows, just because he didn't die on screen doesn't mean he's not dead. When Mel told him she saw Bolton's banners burn I knew Stannis would have lost, for the sake of plot twist (that's for Sheeren, asshole)

Sansa escaped with Reek/Theon, but that "cliffhanger" when they jump down from the wall was so lame IMO.

Arya killed Meryn Fucking Trant, I was sure it would've happened and I'm really glad of it, but now Arya is blind (like in the book I think)

I didn't expect Myrcella's death, but I'm glad she knew about her real father before it happened, and I knew that lesb kiss was so fake. I wonder what will happen when Cersei, Doran and Trystane will found out, maybe Doran will have Ellaria and the Sand Snaked killed? Well Cersei, two out, one more to go.

I was so happy to see Varys again, I was afraid we would've never seen him again, and I was glad to see the Dothraki again too, but what was the point of that? Guess we'll have to wait 'til Season 6...

Like in the book, Cersei has to make the Walk of Shame. Damn, I hate her so much but I felt a little sorry for her, but I laughed so damn hard when that naked guy said to her "I'm a Lannister, suck my cock!". And welcome in the Kingsguard Robert Strong.

About Jon... well, I knew all this would happen, I saw that coming when Jon sent Sam to the Oldtown, and when Olly said that about uncle Benjen I was 100% sure he was dragged into a trap. Too bad I already knew about the scene in the books as almost all of you (as I already knew about Cersei's Walk of Shame), but the Inernet is dark and full of spoilers...

Also, Jon was the 998th Lord Commander, I don't think the story would end without the Watch having 999 or 1000 Lord Commanders (Am I the only one who thinks the Night's Watch will be slaughtered by the White Walkers? And the Wall being totally destroyed, I'd like to see that), so If Jon will be revived, which I really hope, I think he won't be part of the Night's Watch anymore.

I would've liked more the title "For The Watch" for this episode, and I read time ago that as title for Episode 10 but I guess they changed it for spoilers. Well, in the end, this was obviously my favourite episode of Season 5, and I think it was the one most faithfull to ADWD (even if I didn't read the books). What do you think it comes out first, Season 6 or Winds of Winter?

• edited June 2015

Nope, I think you need to see the reddit "FUCK OLLY"

In fact here FUCK OLLY

Also i've always sort of pitied cersei along with most of the characters

Two more things I want to add real quick. First off am I the only one that wants Olly dead? I know that sounds messed up because he is just

• edited June 2015

So I'm guessing Stannis isnt dead, otherwise wouldnt they show it? If that is the end the creators come off a bit spiteful having him do something so awful not in the books just before killing him.

Sansa and Theon (no more reek!) are fine too i'm guessing

Also if melisandre does what I think she will then she will become very popular

Dorne needs to be nuked ASAP, they are so bad

Also Myranda and Selyse dead in one episode FANTASTIC.

• I don't think he will be no longer in the NW either, the Lord Coammanders were 998 (I don't know if they are also in the books), I think the Night's Watch will be eliminated (maybe by the White Walkers) with having had a total of 999 or 1000 Lord Commanders.

Every men of the Night's Watch who dies, technically get "Now their Watch has ended." If Jon get revived, he is basically no longer a member of the Night's Watch and thus allowed to do some other stuff. Well, if he gets revived...

• I have found my people!

Nope, I think you need to see the reddit "FUCK OLLY" In fact here FUCK OLLY Also i've always sort of pitied cersei along with most of the characters

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

I'm pretty sure Stannis is dead, it's been shown he was defeated and even Mel left him in favor of Jon, 99% sure he's dead and they just cut to another scene for the hell of it. I don't think Dorne is bad (look how good Tristen was to Bronn compared to what other kings would do to him for being struck in the face, and they're just so liberal in general), it's just that Ellaria is a fucking bitch.

So I'm guessing Stannis isnt dead, otherwise wouldnt they show it? If that is the end the creators come off a bit spiteful having him do som

• edited June 2015

I can imagine season 6 starting with Stannis's head on a spike or something

AWESOMEO posted: »

I'm pretty sure Stannis is dead, it's been shown he was defeated and even Mel left him in favor of Jon, 99% sure he's dead and they just cut

• That would be cool lmao.

Tolispro posted: »

I can imagine season 6 starting with Stannis's head on a spike or something

• edited June 2015

it's just that Ellaria is a fucking bitch.

Her and the bastard spawn of oberyn, I usually like villainous characters but normally thats because they are smart or ruthless, these women are just ridiculous, not quite as bad as some characters but near enough

AWESOMEO posted: »

I'm pretty sure Stannis is dead, it's been shown he was defeated and even Mel left him in favor of Jon, 99% sure he's dead and they just cut

Sign in to comment in this discussion.