Did you kill Gryff's eye or leave him be?

2»

Comments

• ....did you miss the "Make sure you kill him" "Kill him and you have our loyalty" "I'm glad you didn't KILL HIM *wink wink nudge nudge player choice" throughout the opening?

Did you kill Gryff Wait, you can kill him, oh shit I'm going back and replaying right now. 's eye Damn it, you got my hopes up. But yes, I maimed (I think that's the word you're looking for) him.

• Haha yeah, bet you couldn't remind your betrothed that you were very much a man, and proved the opposite in front of her

...I'm referencing the Maesters line from episode 2...anyone catch that?

almighty posted: »

Sounds like your Rodrik has a vagina.

• No I didn't because I knew there would be serious consequences for that.

• edited June 2015

I find it amusing most people maimed Gryff in episode 4.
    Because most people stayed down, and submitted to him in episode 3.

Most of the people who are playing this game have playing inconsistencies because they aren't invested in the characters enough or don't truly understand how the game should be played. You're taking the role of character, play always from their perspective. This is a story driven game, you have nothing but time to familiarize with characters. People are saying "I didnt maim Gryff because I don't think it would be very nice" (believe it or not, there is a right way to play these games. And I'm not implying that there's only one set of right dialogue options or one right approach to the game, just use common sense when you play e.g. not attacking Ludd while you're inside HIS stronghold, with HIS men having crossbows aimed at you. Instead of thinking "He's a bad guy and I hate him, so I'm going to attack since Telltale gives me the option! What could go wrong?").

DillonDex posted: »

I find it amusing most people maimed Gryff in episode 4. Because most people stayed down, and submitted to him in episode 3. So, they

• I punched him once and then walked away. I figured ahead of time that Ludd would be pissed if you gave him back completely wrecked, but he also deserved one hell of a good hit. Rodrik is a much better man than Gryff, and even though he deserved much more than that, it was the right time to show that you're in control but still walk away with your head held high.

• sexist comment

Sounds like your Rodrik has a vagina.

• Knocking the shit out of him in a fair fight would've proved that you're still very much a man. Beating a defensless and restrained person proves that you have a vagina.

Doughnuts posted: »

Haha yeah, bet you couldn't remind your betrothed that you were very much a man, and proved the opposite in front of her ...I'm referencing the Maesters line from episode 2...anyone catch that?

• Shot's fired.

mdubore posted: »

I think you mean you showed weakness

• I stopped. I wanted to be the better person and more respectable lord.

• good point, was a little fired up with all the pacifist comments. I am gonna try to kill all the whitehills though... or more likely, with the way things are going, die trying

If you killed him it would benefit you in any way? I don't think so.

• I beat the living shit out of him. It was beyond satisfying.

• The Governor 2.0

Drakonys posted: »

At least Gryff could wear a cool eyepatch, he should thank me.

• You are so right. Rodrik even though far from 100% should have totally fought Gryff in a "fair fight".

... No.

Ironically I've never watched the show or even knew there were "books/comics", but here I am having to tell you that this is Game Of Thrones, not the school playground.

Rodrik is just as defenseless when Gryff punched him down and (determinant) further kicked his ass.

Krapinka posted: »

Knocking the shit out of him in a fair fight would've proved that you're still very much a man. Beating a defensless and restrained person proves that you have a vagina.

• edited June 2015

You don't even know what that word means.

ellatheon posted: »

sexist comment

• You're basically associating weakness with having a vagina, which could be perceived as sexist.

You don't even know what that word means.

• You're basically associating weakness with having a vagina

Actually, you're wrong.

"Weakness" was your implication.

I'm associating one players decision and reasoning with that of someone who has a vagina (women).

You're basically associating weakness with having a vagina, which could be perceived as sexist.

• "That decision is something a woman would do!" Toootally not sexist

You're basically associating weakness with having a vagina Actually, you're wrong. "Weakness" was your implication. I'm associating one players decision and reasoning with that of someone who has a vagina (women).

• edited July 2015

"That decision is something a woman would do!" Toootally not sexist

I agree. Likewise anyone who knows the definition of the word sexist.

Even if the comment was sexist (which it isn't), I'd like to make it very clear that I give no fuck.

Just clarification.

/discussion

"That decision is something a woman would do!" Toootally not sexist

• I never said, that he HAD to fight him. What I meant, is that it WOULD'VE proved that he is still a warrior. If he can't - there is nothing wrong in restraining him with the help of Glenmore's soldiers. But beating a defensless and restrained man when he already isn't dangerous for you and your people - this is low.

You are so right. Rodrik even though far from 100% should have totally fought Gryff in a "fair fight". ... No. Ironically I've never w

• I made him blind and knocked him out and I'm not even sorry. He deserved it.

• What is that from?

Sméagol posted: »

"kill Gryff's eye" haha. "Aw.. man.. You split the eye right in half.. All the juice from the thing is--"

• It's from Telltale's other game: Tales from the Borderlands. If you like the gameplay from Game of Thrones, but also like the setting and humour of Borderlands, you should definitely try this.

What is that from?

• I beat him, but I didn't fuck up his eye.

• I hit him. he deserved it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.