Telltale Marvel - actual hero or ordinary people?

In an interview with Greg Miller, Job talks about their new Marvel game and how it could slightly tie into Wolf Among Us with seeing someone with these unique abilities, or that we could see someone who's normal, but just tied into this universe.

What do you think it'll be? I'm hoping it focuses on a hero with abilities who doesn't have their own show or movie or whatever, rather than do something like Agents of SHIELD (though they could be talking about a hero who doesn't have abilities too, like Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man, Punisher, Elektra etc)

Link to the video (Marvel discussion starts 21 minutes in) -

Comments

• i hope it is a hero with powers, i kinda like agents of shield, but i think heroes without powers is sorta missing the point of comic book heroes, even batman is a super ninja and has technology which may aswell be magic and iron man is basically super human in his suit, but personally i think hawkeye and black widow suck, especially when surrounded by demigods and hulking monsters.

• Based on the Comics!!! :(

• I know this character is really overused in video games, but I think Spider-Man would work very well in a Telltale Marvel game.

• @CathalOHara know anyone who would be a good voice actor for spiderman in a telltale marvel game?

CathalOHara posted: »

I know this character is really overused in video games, but I think Spider-Man would work very well in a Telltale Marvel game.

• "Pubisher"?

They should totally have a publisher as a superhero. "I'm sorry, you don't appeal to the target demographic - YOUR END IS OVERDUE!"

Publisher to librarian, but hey... books, amiright?

• Somthing tells me it will be either Agents of SHIELD or Inhumans.

• Just thought I'd give my answer

I'd love Josh Keaton (he played him in the Spectacular Spider-man). Just listen to him. He would be perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8MOSAkLsI

Lehfeels posted: »

@CathalOHara know anyone who would be a good voice actor for spiderman in a telltale marvel game?

• My top pick is the same as @NoHopeLeft as a matter of fact, Josh Keaton. I always loved Christopher Daniel Barnes too though.

Lehfeels posted: »

@CathalOHara know anyone who would be a good voice actor for spiderman in a telltale marvel game?

• edited June 2015

My bad I meant Punisher xD (he's more of an anti hero anyway)

Sarangholic posted: »

"Pubisher"? They should totally have a publisher as a superhero. "I'm sorry, you don't appeal to the target demographic - YOUR END IS OVERDUE!" Publisher to librarian, but hey... books, amiright?

• edited June 2015

I agree but I figure it might be hard to get the rights to Spider Man because isn't Sony partnering with them to make another brand new Spider Man movie series?

CathalOHara posted: »

I know this character is really overused in video games, but I think Spider-Man would work very well in a Telltale Marvel game.

• My personal whim with it focusing on SHIELD is that it kinda feels overdone already. Telltale could probably make it interesting again, but idk like I said I'd rather just see it be about a lesser know hero who doesn't have a big name show or movie

• Man I wish they would've partnered with DC instead lol. Would have loved to see a Flash game or something.

• yeah i think they could make any character interesting, but i think a hero with some kind of power or ability adds a special kind of dynamic to a character that SHIELD lack, one of the biggest complaints about the earlier episodes was that there were no super powers in the show, and i would prefer it if telltale didn't go for the same slow burn introduction to special abilities approach

My personal whim with it focusing on SHIELD is that it kinda feels overdone already. Telltale could probably make it interesting again, but idk like I said I'd rather just see it be about a lesser know hero who doesn't have a big name show or movie

• edited June 2015

Same, DC is a lot better than Marvel imo. I'm currently reading both sides of comics so I can't comment on that yet, but I like their shows (Arrow and Flash) more, but Daredevil has the potential to be better than both imo if Season 2 of it is great. And movies I like equally, though i figure if the Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, and JL movies are all great I'll like them more.

Marvel is still pretty great though and I'm pretty excited for this game.

Man I wish they would've partnered with DC instead lol. Would have loved to see a Flash game or something.

• I'm thinking an obscure Marvel character like Howard the Duck would be perfect for Telltale.

• pls no

J-Master posted: »

I'm thinking an obscure Marvel character like Howard the Duck would be perfect for Telltale.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2015

Calling it now - I bet it's Guardians of the Galaxy.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2015

Doesn't Sony only own the movie rights to Spiderman? The game could be in the comics universe.

I agree but I figure it might be hard to get the rights to Spider Man because isn't Sony partnering with them to make another brand new Spider Man movie series?

• True enough. Don't know much about the whole rights thing works though, so maybe anything associated with Spider-Man might be under heavy copy right now.

dojo32161 posted: »

Doesn't Sony only own the movie rights to Spiderman? The game could be in the comics universe.

• How come lol

Calling it now - I bet it's Guardians of the Galaxy.

• I hope it's the Punisher

• edited June 2015

Punisher would be very cool but he's a really violent character, there isn't really room to either keep him "good" which a lot of players wanna do

Aaira posted: »

I hope it's the Punisher

• yeah, that is why i said the complaints were about the earlier episodes

• From what I recall, Activision have the say on Spider-Man video games. But the movies wouldn't matter at all since it's a video game, Sony only hold the right to the movies. Though to be fair, l don't see it being impossible for Telltale to make a Spidey game. At all for that matter.

True enough. Don't know much about the whole rights thing works though, so maybe anything associated with Spider-Man might be under heavy copy right now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.