Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? The whole Harking family. Obviously I loved my character's representation as well.'

What the fuck Hope?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? The whole Harking family. Obviously I loved my character's representation as well. Who w

• Well that was depressing.

• Samuel, that asshole should have been killed by Leonard.

Keep in mind, Samuel is the reason Leonard is still alive. Jaylon wanted him dead, would have killed him and even ordered his death, but Samuel is far more pragmatic about this.

What has been your favourite chapter in Chapter 4? Chapterception.This last one probably, but I did like Jaron's last one too, and the whole 'share your backstory' in the tavern with Leonard and Lucas.

That happens if you just copy/paste the questions from the end of Act 1 XD

Oh shit that's one of the things Noelle said right?

She said 'Butterfly in disguise', hinting at the fact that the real Butterfly is not who it seems to be. There have been a few hints at Mullendore being the real Butterfly starting with his first appearance at the beginning of this chapter and him uttering Butterfly's catchphrase in his first few sentences, but these hints were kept scarcely and I was certain no one would get them until it was too late.

Well that first part was violent. Poor guy. He got fucked up and he wasn't even the man. Carver's demise. Harpy is Kenny in disguise.

Don't get this one wrong, the man who died was a high-ranking underling of Butterfly and everything he said was his heartfelt opinion. He did exactly the same despicable things Mullendore did and deserved this death almost as much as the real Butterfly.

The special men too we're kind of weird, but I didn't question them.

You did not question Jaylon, the (so far) most recurring underling of Butterfly being their leader?

Dairon ran, that smart bastard?

Actually, Lunett stayed true to her earlier promise that nothing would happen to Dairon as long as she would be there and stalled Mullendore to allow Dairon to escape. It was basically a sacrifice, though she surely did not know how far he would go.

If he didn't escape, how different would it be? Would Lunett be alive? I don't know.

Well, Lunett's death would have been a lot less painful, that's for sure.

Let me just say, this could have been avoided by picking a few other choices. That fucking archmaester. We could have allied with hi

• edited July 2015

Harkings & friends will prevail...

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? The whole Harking family. Obviously I loved my character's representation as well.' What the fuck Hope?

• edited July 2015

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Jaron, good build up for awhile now withe a good/horrific finish (probably not the finish)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Butterfly, but that that's his role, so dose that mean that i like him the most for getting me to feel the way i should feel about him by not liking him, but he being the favorite contradicts the answer from the previous question

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Richard and co(and not only because there is were my only introduced character is).... did i just feel somebody stab me with a corkscrew for saying that?

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Lucas and the gang, kinda have lost the track of them... yupp i have defiantly been stabbed in the side with a rusty corkscrew

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? the ending

Is there anything you disliked? the Lucas and Leonard part, just because i have not kept up with them... I'm starting to faint from blood loss, i think i saw InGen_Nate_Kenny running away after stabbing for say something good about the Harkings

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? not really... well if i get to be a egoistic asshole then more of my characters... but i know that they will come.

So... that just happened. Writing this part was very depressing, but I hope you liked it regardless in a certain sort of way. Let me just sa

• Keep in mind, Samuel is the reason Leonard is still alive. Jaylon wanted him dead, would have killed him and even ordered his death, but Samuel is far more pragmatic about this.

Well Jaylon, I got a new fucker to kill.

She said 'Butterfly in disguise', hinting at the fact that the real Butterfly is not who it seems to be. There have been a few hints at Mullendore being the real Butterfly starting with his first appearance at the beginning of this chapter and him uttering Butterfly's catchphrase in his first few sentences, but these hints were kept scarcely and I was certain no one would get them until it was too late.

So she wants Mullendore dead? Good, good.....

Don't get this one wrong, the man who died was a high-ranking underling of Butterfly and everything he said was his heartfelt opinion. He did exactly the same despicable things Mullendore did and deserved this death almost as much as the real Butterfly.

I still feel bad for him.

You did not question Jaylon, the (so far) most recurring underling of Butterfly being their leader?

To be honest I forgot who Jaylon was. I recognized the name but that was about it.

Actually, Lunett stayed true to her earlier promise that nothing would happen to Dairon as long as she would be there and stalled Mullendore to allow Dairon to escape. It was basically a sacrifice, though she surely did not know how far he would go.

Fair enough.

Samuel, that asshole should have been killed by Leonard. Keep in mind, Samuel is the reason Leonard is still alive. Jaylon wanted hi

• Well that was unexpected.

Just as he said this, even before Lucas realized the meaning of these words, a bloodcurdling scream sounded from upstairs. Lucas froze in te

• Obviously I loved my character's representation as well.

I am always glad to hear this. There is more for him planned as well in the next chapter.

Not as whole, mind you, but Lucas' last part was serious messed up. But let me emphasize the writing was fucking awesome. Fucked up, but awesome.

That was exactly what I wanted to achieve with this part. It was definitely meant to be fucked up, although I feared that I took things slightly too far when I honestly felt a bit sick while writing it. Though 'Fucked up, but awesome' sounds exactly like the intended reaction :D

From a writing and story telling stand point, absolutely no. But I don't like violence. Of course, I wouldn't want to tone it down.

Yes, I'm not a big fan of too graphic violence either, which was why I was anticipating and fearing this part for months now.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? The whole Harking family. Obviously I loved my character's representation as well. Who w

• That was awesome!! Poor Lucas though... I knew something was fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Who were your favourite characters in chapter 4? Definitely Lucas and Leonard then Alysanne I actually really like her.

Who were your least favourite characters in chapter 4? Ellena nothing wrong with her but she just seems dull to me, then theres Drent he seems like a bit of a drone to me unable to hold an opinion of his own a good little soldier but I really enjoy his story we haven't seen that much of him so I might grow to like him.

Who were your favourite PoV's in chapter 4? Lucas right at the top then Maya and then Torvin and Garthon more Garthon then Torvin.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in chapter 4? Lyria I like her character but she hasn't really done much and Ellena her story just wasn't very interesting to me.

What has been your favourite part and favourite moment in chapter 4? I loved when Lucas and Leonard sat down and talked about their past my favourite moment would have to be when Mullendore revealed himself as Butterfly.

Is there anything you disliked? The love scene between Lucas and Lunett I definitely wanted it to happen but the way it happened just felt forced.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? I definitely want to see more of Jenna and Harys I'm excited for their scenes and Alys Boleyn I'm excited for her story plus I'm interested in the character Alisa Karstark, and I want more Willfred and Marak they're storys are really interesting but their role in the plot has been small so far.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2015

I wish to speculate:

“You fucked up, boy”, Mullendore said with a sickening smile. “All of your friends are dead. Even your little girl, just because you chose to oppose me. Now you're all alone. And you will answer my questions” He looked at the knife in his hands and his smile widened. “The fuck I'm going to do!”, Lucas spat at him and Mullendore closed his eyes. “Trust me, you will, sooner or later. For your own interest, tell me what I need to know. If you hope for help, you are ridiculous. No one is looking for you. No one even knows you're here...”

The thing is, 'all of your friends are dead'. Leonard isn't fucking dead? Right? RIGHT? Lucas is all alone, no one knows he's here? Leonard?!?! Lucas might become Reek?

“I don't like this...”, Sasha mumbled, looking down the alleyway. “What do you mean?”, Samantha asked, putting a hand on the hilt of her hatchet. Butterfly's blood was still there. For some reason it felt less satisfying than it should have. “It's too silent in here”, Sasha explained. “That's one of Oldtown's nicest taverns over there. Normally there should be music and laughter and...” She stopped, her eyes wide opened as she grabbed Samantha at the shoulders, quickly pulling her into an adjacent house entrance. “Fuck...”, she mumbled. “Stay down...”

This might be at the Blind Helmsman.

Torvin looked up at the man who could have been a Hoare. Dark hair, dark eyes and an even darker heart, a smile like the Stranger himself, a kinslayer and aside from Harren Hoare the only man in Harrenhal who managed to genuinely scare him. “Lord Commander Greyjoy”, he said respectfully, slightly lowering his head. He was below this man, in more than one way and he was not afraid to admit it. “Captain Breaker”, Damon Greyjoy answered with his soft voice. “You're awfully late. Do you prefer to stroll around the countryside with our revered princelings?”

I don't have much to say really honestly.

Ilish shivered as she took a look over her shoulder. There was nothing to be seen, nothing to be afraid of, right? She knew these streets for years now. This was Raylansfair. There was nothing to be scared about!

She turned around, nearly bumping into the man standing in front of her. Even though she tried to suppress it, a small scream found it's way out of her throat. She remembered him. It was the man from earlier, the one who hid his face under this ridiculously large hat! “What do you want?”, she yelled at him, before hearing the footsteps behind her. She nearly jumped up as she heard the voice right behind her, the deep, growling voice, oozing of violence, of a thirst for blood. “Hello, Katya”, Wolfius Woodbark said.

Katya? The fuck is this supposed to mean? Does Ilish have some secrets? Or is it just Wolfius being a creep.

Hello, Arthur”, the man in front of him said with a polite smile, while Arthur grabbed his sword. “What are you doing here?”, he demanded to know and the man raised his hands. “Easy, Arthur. We mean no trouble”, he promised and pointed at himself and then at the woman next to him, the one who still mustered Arthur with a mixture of sadness and anger. “My name is Ellyrio Terys. The lovely lady next to me is my business partner Briar”, the man introduced them and the woman gave him a cold glare. “I believe we have a similar interest in this city. From what I've heard there is a killer running on the loose, am I correct?”

They are in Raylansfair and they look kind of like they have plans and are going to try to help the people to gain their trust?

The man jumped up from his chair and started to walk towards her. Jenna saw that he wasn't taller than herself and almost as skinny. His brown hair was cut short and he had a bony face. Still, his smile was extraordinarily charming and as he reached her he took an elegant bow and blew her a kiss on the hand. “It is always a pleasure to meet the servants!”, he proclaimed, looking from a surprised Jenna to a frowning Harris. “Ah, but where are my manners?” He quickly put a hand onto his forehead and chuckled. “My name is Lord Hobert of Mander's Mouth”, he introduced himself. “I am here to claim my inheritance”

Well, that's not good. Durrandon isn't going to be happy.

“So, this is it?”, Harren Hoare asked, his dark eyes staring at Tully without moving. The Riverlord resisted the stare and gave him a determined nod. “Yes”, he answered. “This is it”

Garthon's heart started to beat faster as he looked from George to Torvin. He was holding onto his crossbow and prayed to every god he remembered that Harlan wouldn't notice the weapon. He had no doubt that Harren had seen it though. Why was he so calm? Was he accepting his death like this? Unlikely...

“There would be one more thing I'd like to talk about, Lord Tully...”, Harren growled with a cruel smile.

Shit is going down. They're going to fail though. Harren probably is going to catch them like right after this.

Next time on Forum of Thrones: “You fucked up, boy”, Mullendore said with a sickening smile. “All of your friends are dead. Even your l

• The thing is, 'all of your friends are dead'. Leonard isn't fucking dead? Right? RIGHT? Lucas is all alone, no one knows he's here? Leonard?!?! Lucas might become Reek?

The meaning of that one is going to be revealed soon >:D

This might be at the Blind Helmsman.

You are probably right. Do you still feel bad about Samantha being in Oldtown and looking for the knights, by the way?

I don't have much to say really honestly.

I just noticed that I called him 'Lord Commander' in this preview. That man was Damon Greyjoy, Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet and a magnificent bastard in his own right, one of the new characters I'm looking forward to write for the most in the coming chapter

Katya? The fuck is this supposed to mean? Does Ilish have some secrets? Or is it just Wolfius being a creep.

Well, she has some secrets and Wolfius is a creep. Katya has been his name for her when they first met back in Chapter 2 and he also called her like that in his rant in the last Kersea part ('that Katya bitch from the tavern')

They are in Raylansfair and they look kind of like they have plans and are going to try to help the people to gain their trust?

Ellyrio Terys is Ellena's deceased father and the current identity of Clayton (who has also heavily been implied to be his killer), while Briar is the sister of Kersea (explaining her cold glare as 'Ellyrio' mentioned her). Arthur on the other hand is Arthur Nathamer from Raylansfair's city guard, though that is not really a spoiler. He just hasn't appeared at all in this chapter, but this will heavily change in the next one.

Well, that's not good. Durrandon isn't going to be happy.

Yes, that is not good. And no, Durrandon certainly is not going to be happy. Both Durrandon's are going to be very pissed, actually

Shit is going down. They're going to fail though. Harren probably is going to catch them like right after this.

Shit is always going down

I wish to speculate: “You fucked up, boy”, Mullendore said with a sickening smile. “All of your friends are dead. Even your little gir

• Definitely Lucas and Leonard then Alysanne I actually really like her.

I'm glad to see Alysanne in this. Lucas and Leonard are meant to be possible favourites, but I'm always happy when a character like Alysanne, who might not be likeable in the classic way, is mentioned among someone's favourite characters.

Ellena nothing wrong with her but she just seems dull to me, then theres Drent he seems like a bit of a drone to me unable to hold an opinion of his own a good little soldier but I really enjoy his story we haven't seen that much of him so I might grow to like him.

There will be more sides of Drent, he certainly has his own opinions, he is just too loyal to voice them so far. I really like Ellena though :(

Lucas right at the top then Maya and then Torvin and Garthon more Garthon then Torvin.

You are going to love the next chapter :D

Lyria I like her character but she hasn't really done much and Ellena her story just wasn't very interesting to me.

Lyria is one of the characters who I'm always struggling to find good material to write for. And yes, Ellena's storyline in this chapter was a bit slower and consisting of quite some filler, but there will be some good material coming for her in future chapters. What is your opinion on her Chapter 3 storyline, by the way? Personally that was one of my favourites in Chapter 3 together with Maya and John.

I definitely want to see more of Jenna and Harys I'm excited for their scenes and Alys Boleyn I'm excited for her story plus I'm interested in the character Alisa Karstark, and I want more Willfred and Marak they're storys are really interesting but their role in the plot has been small so far.

All of the mentioned characters have more planned for them. Jenna and Harris will have good scenes in the next chapter, Alisa probably as well. Willfred will get more to do as he finally arrives in Raylansfair. Marak on the other hand might be a bit slow again in the next chapter, but ultimately his storyline will have some very good material as well in future parts of the story.

AgentZ46 posted: »

That was awesome!! Poor Lucas though... I knew something was fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it. Who were your favourite character

• Jaron, good build up for awhile now withe a good/horrific finish (probably not the finish)

Definitely not the finish, no

Butterfly, but that that's his role, so dose that mean that i like him the most for getting me to feel the way i should feel about him by not liking him, but he being the favorite contradicts the answer from the previous question

Yes, you are definitely right with that.

I'm starting to faint from blood loss, i think i saw InGen_Nate_Kenny running away after stabbing for say something good about the Harkings

No, husmusen, stay with me! Don't go into the light!

not really... well if i get to be a egoistic asshole then more of my characters... but i know that they will come.

Yes, there will be more of them. Jarow for example will have some interesting scenes in the next chapter. The Hawk and his ragtag group of mercenaries are still among the characters I'm looking forward to write for the most.

husmusen posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Jaron, good build up for awhile now withe a good/horrific finish (probably not the finish)

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? A lot of characters that I've really liked, obviously Lucas and Leonard, but I quite like Drent, The Storm King and Archmaester Quent as well.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Maron Mullendore is the obvious choice here

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Lucas, Drent and Jaron

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Probably Kersea, not that I don't like her parts but they just interest me the least.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? The last chapter was obviously very shocking and enjoyable to read, I also really loved the dinner feast that the Storm King had with the Targaryen emissaries.

Is there anything you disliked? Nah, I'm loving it.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? Something I'm anticipating is the possibility that Dairon has snuck back to the citadel and could be hiding with Wulvren, didn't Archmaester Quent tell him to do that if anything went wrong?

So... that just happened. Writing this part was very depressing, but I hope you liked it regardless in a certain sort of way. Let me just sa

• The meaning of that one is going to be revealed soon >:D

Oh God.

You are probably right. Do you still feel bad about Samantha being in Oldtown and looking for the knights, by the way?

Well she failed her mission, so yeah.

I just noticed that I called him 'Lord Commander' in this preview. That man was Damon Greyjoy, Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet and a magnificent bastard in his own right, one of the new characters I'm looking forward to write for the most in the coming chapter

Ah yeah lol.

Well, she has some secrets and Wolfius is a creep. Katya has been his name for her when they first met back in Chapter 2 and he also called her like that in his rant in the last Kersea part ('that Katya bitch from the tavern')'

I don't have a good long term memory.

Ellyrio Terys is Ellena's deceased father and the current identity of Clayton (who has also heavily been implied to be his killer), while Briar is the sister of Kersea (explaining her cold glare as 'Ellyrio' mentioned her). Arthur on the other hand is Arthur Nathamer from Raylansfair's city guard, though that is not really a spoiler. He just hasn't appeared at all in this chapter, but this will heavily change in the next one.

Oh yeah, I remember now. All that.

Yes, that is not good. And no, Durrandon certainly is not going to be happy. Both Durrandon's are going to be very pissed, actually

Yeah. I had this weird thought once of Argella and Leonard marrying each other to rule the house, but that's crap. Those two interacting would be hilarious though. Speaking of that, the wiki is really confusing, because they have Argalia Durrandon for the TV universe, but Argella Durrandon for the books.

The thing is, 'all of your friends are dead'. Leonard isn't fucking dead? Right? RIGHT? Lucas is all alone, no one knows he's here? Leonard?

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4?Jaron, Lucas, Marak

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Lyria and Rosalie. I find them incredibly dull. I'm not a big fan of Alys from what I've seen so far, but that can easily change. And of course, Butterfly. Fucking hell.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Jaron, Lucas, Drent. Jaron and Lucas because they're storylines were very well written and incredibly tense, Drent because I really liked the characters in his part.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Alys and Maya, while I like the characters I just didn't enjoy their chapters this storyline.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? The final part was incredible. I was on the edge of my seat the entire part. Marak flirting with Nora was brilliant.

Is there anything you disliked? Nope. Well, I would've liked reading the conversation between Darren and Harris, but I'm fine with it.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? More Marak and Darren would be great and very appreciated. Especially Marak, since I love the storyline you've given him. It'll be great to find out just how exactly Darren will react to these changed in Raylansfair as well. Also an appearance by a certain Lord Blackwood... Other than those selfish reasons though, not really anything, you're doing a fantastic job.

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Probably Jaron, Leonard, Willfred and Martin

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Maron and Jenna harking she's quite annoying

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Willfred and Jaron

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Drent, Richard

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? The part where Martin and the mercenaries came and saved jaron and harpy

Is there anything you disliked? Not really

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? Nope, this is amazing and I'm looking forward to Jaron and Lucas' next part

• I'm back!! Kinda caught up, skipped around a little, but I think I got most of it. And I just want to say, your writing never ceases to amaze me. I love everything about the way you write, its almost like it actually happened in a way.

Next time on Forum of Thrones: “You fucked up, boy”, Mullendore said with a sickening smile. “All of your friends are dead. Even your l

• Well she failed her mission, so yeah.

She did, but she doesn't know it yet. And then there are still the two knights she might hold responsible for Lunett's death. To be honest, Samantha genuinely liked Lucas and Leonard and never had any intention to hurt them. Now? It's questionable how she will react, but she is definitely better than Mullendore. Perhaps she's the best hope the knights have right now.

Yeah. I had this weird thought once of Argella and Leonard marrying each other to rule the house, but that's crap. Those two interacting would be hilarious though. Speaking of that, the wiki is really confusing, because they have Argalia Durrandon for the TV universe, but Argella Durrandon for the books.

I went with the Book wiki when researching her, so she's Argella here. All in all I will probably go closer to the book canon in general, though there will be one somewhat major canon difference later when it comes to Aegon and Dorne.

I agree with Argella and Leonard being hilarious together. That would be a match made in hell. But a princess from the blood of gods marrying a knight without a significant name, where the highest of lords would be barely enough? And her father would significantly decrease Leonard's chances at surviving, keep that in mind.

The meaning of that one is going to be revealed soon >:D Oh God. You are probably right. Do you still feel bad about Samant

• Well, I would've liked reading the conversation between Darren and Harris, but I'm fine with it.

I would have liked to show it, but what was discussed between them will be revealed early in the next chapter.

More Marak and Darren would be great and very appreciated.

Both will have a lot more to do in future chapters. Marak probably a bit earlier than Darren, but Darren will get his moments to shine as well.

It'll be great to find out just how exactly Darren will react to these changed in Raylansfair as well.

Yes, that's going to cause a lot of tension, especially for Harris. Darren is going to have an active role in the development of Raylansfair.

Also an appearance by a certain Lord Blackwood...

Who is conincidentally planned to appear in the next chapter

Other than those selfish reasons though, not really anything, you're doing a fantastic job.

Thanks a lot :D

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4?Jaron, Lucas, Marak Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Lyria and Rosa

• She did, but she doesn't know it yet. And then there are still the two knights she might hold responsible for Lunett's death. To be honest, Samantha genuinely liked Lucas and Leonard and never had any intention to hurt them. Now? It's questionable how she will react, but she is definitely better than Mullendore. Perhaps she's the best hope the knights have right now

Ah fuck.

I went with the Book wiki when researching her, so she's Argella here. All in all I will probably go closer to the book canon in general, though there will be one somewhat major canon difference later when it comes to Aegon and Dorne.

I agree with Argella and Leonard being hilarious together. That would be a match made in hell. But a princess from the blood of gods marrying a knight without a significant name, where the highest of lords would be barely enough? And her father would significantly decrease Leonard's chances at surviving, keep that in mind.

I don't know. Leonard is one of the more smooth talking kind of guys that could turn even the most proudest, resilient woman head over heels for him, at least for a one night stand. Oh God I just had a nightmare about Jenna and Leonard marrying. Oh God. Anyway, it would probably never happen, but you know, some hot chick will get Leonard, if he ever trusts her.

Well she failed her mission, so yeah. She did, but she doesn't know it yet. And then there are still the two knights she might hold

• I also really loved the dinner feast that the Storm King had with the Targaryen emissaries.

That one was probably my personal favourite from this chapter :D

Something I'm anticipating is the possibility that Dairon has snuck back to the citadel and could be hiding with Wulvren, didn't Archmaester Quent tell him to do that if anything went wrong?

Yes, Quent told him to do this. And Lucas told him to do this too should anything go wrong. It's highly likely that he at least tries to get back to the Citadel

Loki522 posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? A lot of characters that I've really liked, obviously Lucas and Leonard, but I quite like D

• Welcome, I'm glad you're back :D And thank you for the praise, that means a lot!

mr.quality posted: »

I'm back!! Kinda caught up, skipped around a little, but I think I got most of it. And I just want to say, your writing never ceases to amaze me. I love everything about the way you write, its almost like it actually happened in a way.

• Nope, this is amazing and I'm looking forward to Jaron and Lucas' next part

Thanks a lot! There is a lot to look forward for in their storylines for the next chapter :D

xSensus posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Probably Jaron, Leonard, Willfred and Martin Who were your least favourite characters in

• I did like Ellena's story in chapter 3 particularly the scenes with Terroma.

Definitely Lucas and Leonard then Alysanne I actually really like her. I'm glad to see Alysanne in this. Lucas and Leonard are meant

• **Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? **

Robb, Lucas, Leonard, Alysanne, Marak, Drent.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4?

Harpy.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4?

Lucas, Jaron.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4?

Richard, Maya.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4?

Marak flirting with Nora.

Is there anything you disliked?

No, it's great. And it feels good to finally have the time to catch up on this again.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5?

MORE BLOOD. and I guess more major character deaths, the deceased list is too short for my liking :)

• Wow, did not see that coming... Amazing! Can't wait to read more!

Just as he said this, even before Lucas realized the meaning of these words, a bloodcurdling scream sounded from upstairs. Lucas froze in te

• edited July 2015

No, it's great. And it feels good to finally have the time to catch up on this again.

Welcome back! You definitely chose a good time to catch up again, as Chapter 5 will coincidentally introduce your character :D

MORE BLOOD. and I guess more major character deaths, the deceased list is too short for my liking :)

Trust me, there will be a lot more blood and a lot more death. By the end of the story, the deceased list should be the longest. I just took a look over the list of characters and it was almost depressing to realize how many of them won't survive Book 1 alone >:)

DiverseGnu posted: »

**Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? ** Robb, Lucas, Leonard, Alysanne, Marak, Drent. Who were your least favourite char

• Trust me, there will be a lot more blood and a lot more death. By the end of the story, the deceased list should be the longest. I just took a look over the list of characters and it was almost depressing to realize how many of them won't survive Book 1 alone >:

-bites nails knowing there is only two chapters left and Leonard has been captured-

No, it's great. And it feels good to finally have the time to catch up on this again. Welcome back! You definitely chose a good time

• -bites nails knowing there is only two chapters left and Leonard has been captured-

There are five chapters left ;) There will be a third Act, but the Act and Chapter titles haven't been revealed yet, so it's not in the list yet. And the third Act will be by far the most bloody.

Trust me, there will be a lot more blood and a lot more death. By the end of the story, the deceased list should be the longest. I just took

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Jaron, Harpy, Marak, the Storm King... and many others :)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? I could say Maron, but I do like him as a villain though. Oh, Irving is annoying :D

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Jaron, Lucas, Drent and Torvin had the best parts in this chapter.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Richard, I just don't enjoy his parts that much :D

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? The last parts of Lucas and Jaron were amazing, and the Drent's part with Storm King mutilating the ambassador was also epic.

Is there anything you disliked? Mm... Well, some parts at Raylansfair felt little jarring while the best parts were mostly in Oldtown.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? Not really, you clearly have this under control and I can see the separate storylines coming together. And what am I anticipating in chapter 5? Well of course I keep waiting to see more of my characters but what comes to the story I want to see the next move of the Burned Man.

• No liquid, thank you. Your writing have been a great inspiration for my own stories and your style has greatly influenced the way I write.

Welcome, I'm glad you're back And thank you for the praise, that means a lot!

• Grand speculation post time:

Page 18 from Liquid:

Gutten won't allow Samantha to go after Lucas and Leonard

Yeah... this is going to have some consequences too. Despite what I originally thought, it won't affect the overall plot on a larger scale, but you just saved one character from certain death, while maybe dooming another. You'll see the effect of this choice in upcoming parts.

Page 35 from Liquid:

Obviously, Samantha would be gone immediately. She wouldn't have arrived in Oldtown fast enough to influence Lucas' parts in this chapter, but her initial absence will make a difference to how the next chapter works out. She also wouldn't have been around to fight Bear. Now, I have told you that you have saved one character with this and doomed another. Who might it be?

So we know by making Sam stay we save John? Aylard? Liquid told me, it was one of the good people when fighting against Bear, okay. Anyway, he says we doom another character, correct? Well, was it Lunett? If Samantha got down there sooner she could have gotten Lunett sooner avoiding her death. By the way, I was the only person to vote for Lunett NOT to be brought to Oldtown. YOU killed Lunett.

Page 33 from me:

Well, probably Lunett cause I feel like someone is going to be hunting Len and Lucas. And Samantha will go to a rage and attack them.

Page 33 from Liquid:

Another interesting theory and you give a good reason. And I would love to say more about this theory, but I will wait until the saving and dooming scenes happened. But you will recognize these scenes when you see them.

Maybe I should mention that the outcome of this new choice will make things a lot easier for one character and a lot harder for another character, though this time you won't necessarily save or doom a character.

Easier for Jaron but harder for Mullendore/Butterfly? It all ties into the Lunett theory? I think?

Page 53 from Liquid:

Normally I prefer not to comment when readers make assumptions like these, in the fear of revealing a spoiler by accident, but now I really have to ask why you are so convinced that Samantha is going to hurt them if she ever meets them. I'm not implying that you are wrong, but I hope it's clear that she's not a bloodthirsty lunatic who would attack our favourite knights without reason.

Look! She has reason now.

Same page Liquid continued:

You have some interesting ideas here, I give you that. I'd like to comment more on this, but sadly I have to wait for a few more parts until I can talk about this in greater detail without having the fear of giving away spoilers. However, one thing you might have overlooked is that Samantha and the knights have pretty similar goals. Samantha wants to bring Lunett out of the city, the knight want to bring Lunett (and themselves and Dairon) out of the city. And Samantha wants to bring Lunett back to Raylansfair, as her father's inn is not an option anymore. So, while there is of course still plenty of potential for conflicts born out of misunderstandings (my favourite conflicts btw), their goals are similar at the moment. Of course, Samantha's current opinion on the knights also has to be taken into consideration. Her next part will reveal more about how she actually feels about this situation and how she intends to deal with Lucas and Leonard.

Conflict born out of misunderstandings. Mullendore killed Lunett, Samantha will think it was Lucas and Leonards' faults! Can't you people see!

Page 52 from Liquid:

John will pay for Aylard's room

I'm very surprised about the outcome for both choices and was certain a majority of you would pick the other options. But especially the outcome of the first choice will make some things a lot easier for me to write.

I also checked both of the polls and I am amazed that you almost managed to avoid a clear answer for both questions. In poll 1, Maron Mullendore won by a narrow margin, having one vote more than Archmaester Quent. I'm glad that this poll has a pretty ambigous outcome, because that was exactly what I aimed at. Both, Mullendore and Quent have clear disadvantages and a few (hopefully) clear advantages, both are supposed to be pretty shady in their motives (or in Mullendore's case, the motives of his lord), albeit I can tease that in coming chapters one of them will prove himself to be a slightly better choice than the other. The canonical answer to the second poll will also be revealed in future chapters, albeit both options would be completely in line with Aylard's character.

Here's poll 1: http://strawpoll.me/4585708

Here's poll 2: http://strawpoll.me/4592831

Besides the fact that one being slightly better choice is Quent (In goodness? I think?) The second poll is what matters here. The canon answer would probably be no BECAUSE SHE'S DEAD AND AYLARD WOULD PROBABLY BE PISSED AT LUCAS.

Page 7 from Marak:

...fire...

...a field of flowers, some bright and beautiful, some black and twisted, a swarm of black and orange butterflies flying over them, destroying them, leaving only the rotten behind...

...a red lion fighting a serpent at rainfall, the lion wounding the serpent, the serpent wounding the lion “Your line ends today!“, screams the serpent and plungs its teeth into the lion...

...a winged woman on a yellow mountain, holding a golden whip, screaming for vengeance...

...lions and stags and squids and falcons fighting over a golden book, tearing it asunder, burning it to the ground...

...a man wearing a bloody black crown, crying over four dead bodies, watching the sunrise...

...a silver-haired man standing next to a winged shadow, the shadow spitting fire in the air and burning, burning, burning everything...

...an endless wasteland, two armies fighting, a silver sun moving across the sky burning everything in it's path, one of the seven hells itself, until the silver sun falls from the sky and leaves only ruins and dead bodies, everything fallen...

...everything falls, everything breaks, castles breaking, smallfolk breaking, dragons breaking, crowned men breaking, a broken man on a throne of swords, everything consumed by the fire, an old king with a mad gaze, yelling to burn them all, a lion attacking him, but still everything burns, consumed by fire, red fire, green fire

...and finally he saw himself, standing on board of his ship, only days after he murdered his father. He felt good in these days. He was a captain, a feared raider. And he was boozy like never before. Yes, he murdered his father for a ship. And he felt no regret, at least not in this moment, not in this stormy night. Life was simple, life was good. Except... His brother... he knew the truth...

...Marak saw himself getting pushed overboard, in his drunken rage he grabbed his brother and dragged him off with him. Marak saw himself, how he pushed his brother under the water, to keep afloat himself, but also in a murdering fit of rage...

...Rage...

Page 53 from Marak:

Marak gave her a proud nod and his mouth formed a wide grin. “Who is it, Noelle? Who needs to die?”, he asked. Noelle sighed and she looked visibly reluctant to answer. “I don't have names, but I know where to find them. I saw them in the fire. A field of flowers, a butterfly in disguise, a girl who's half a dragon and...” She paused and looked at him sternly, albeit a hint of regret was seen in her eyes. “Marak, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me. You know you can't lie to me”, she told him and Marak gave her a nod. “Tell me, Marak, do you have a problem with killing a child?”

A field of flowers in both? Bastards. Good and bad. Jaron, Lucas, Harris, to name a few. A swarm of butteflies? Orange and black? Butterfly/Balerion (which is a lot worst than Butterfly, trust me). The rotten live, not the good guys. Not good.

The red lion is the sigil of House Reyne, which is the house of Wilfred, and a serpent biting it symbolizes it being venomous bite, taking its toll (not good for Reynes, Wilfred is probably dead, but the Reynes are screwed anyway)

Winged women with a golden whip seeking vengeance? I don't know. Valemen?

Lannisters/Reynes, Durrandons, Greyjoys, and Arryns fighting over the golden book that is the historical archives of Raylansfair. Now we are going a Greyjoy because of the next time trailer (if Liquid isn't TellTale) and we already now the Lannister/Reyne interest, the Durrandon interest, and the Arryn thing, so yeah.

Black bloody crown maybe Harren? I don't know how many sons he has/

Silver-haired man is obviously Aegon.

That hell is this supposed to be? I forget if any of those dragons were silver, but it sounds like Dorne because of It being hell?

Robert's Rebellion?

Still don't know the half dragon or child though.

Page 53 from Liquid:

So this can be two people: The Burned Man (Butterfly mock) or the Butterfly himself, which doesn't seem as likely. (quoted from me by Liquid)

This will make a lot more sense by the end of this chapter. (actual Liquid)

And it does. Mullendore must die! They all must die! Burn them all! Mullendore wants Raylansfair and of course Noelle needs to stop that so he doesn't interfere with the corruption! Ah! I got it!

All in Leonard should live and be the man.

Fin.

• I thought the winged woman stood for Harpy. Just my two cents.

Grand speculation post time: Page 18 from Liquid: Gutten won't allow Samantha to go after Lucas and Leonard Yeah... this is

• Holy shit Liquid! What the actual hell?! Goddamn that was some scary ending. I always suspected that the Butterfly that Jaron was fighting was an imposter, you gave unintentional hints away. For example, Butterfly was described as a very smart villain, sending away The Tom and Moggy isn't something I would say as the best decision. Second, there was the moment where before the imposter got killed, he mentioned that an unknown contact told him that Jaron will save him. But thanks to the voters, and there is no hate here, it ultimately helped the real Butterfly with his plans. Third, when the voting was closed, you described how brutal Butterfly's death would be like, that just confirmed that he was a fake. BUT HOLY SHIT, TO THINK THE REAL BUTTERFLY WOULD BE MARON FUCKING MULLENDORE?!?! Who was the genius who created this character. Wow, talk about the twists with this chapter. Mullendore is pretty much the person who is going to win this war, he has The Burned Man tricked, and he has the whole city guard under his pocket plus a dangerous pack of mercenaries. I hope we bring this asshole down!

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Same as always, Jaron and Lucas. Both bastards ironically enough. Leonard really did get a place in my heart after the reveal of his backstory, and especially opting to fight Samuel one-on-one with a huge disadvantage. Glad to see he's still around.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Jenna, now hear me out, I don't freaking despise her like some of the others, but I just don't find her likeable as a whole. She lacks a certain thing that makes her special and distinguishable from the characters, maybe then I will forgive her for the weakness she is show casing through the entire story. Wolfius, basically topping off the asshole chart, maybe even going to a level close to Harris.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? I feel like its cheating to say Lucas or Jaron, because the moments they were in were absolutely intense. I'm going to go with Marak, because I found his parts purely hilarious and light hearted

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Ellena, there wasn't much of her this chapter, disappointing too because I really like her. It felt as she was just flailing around doing absolutely nothing through out the chapter

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? That fucking ending. Through all the reads, this is the most brutal out of all of them. I mean, the twist, the betrayal, the threats and power. I'm very much scared from Maron Mullendore at this point forward xD

Is there anything you disliked? The lack of some characters, I understand this had to be done for the sake of progress, but I just wanted more of the characters I've seen so far. Maya and her characters are very interesting and it feels like they were cut short in this chapter.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? I'm expecting a lot less PoV's from Lucas, judging how things are, he is going to be taken prisoner and tortured, so unless he gets freed, I'm not really expecting much out of him. The intensity is going to continue rising, because I'm sure no one wants to see Butterfly win the war, so people have to really think about the choices they make this point forward.

• I wonder if Dairon will become a PoV.

• Those are some great speculations! Well done :D

So we know by making Sam stay we save John? Aylard? Liquid told me, it was one of the good people when fighting against Bear, okay. Anyway, he says we doom another character, correct? Well, was it Lunett? If Samantha got down there sooner she could have gotten Lunett sooner avoiding her death. By the way, I was the only person to vote for Lunett NOT to be brought to Oldtown. YOU killed Lunett.

The person you saved was Aylard, who would have died to protect his son from Bear's men if it wasn't for Samantha. The person you doomed was quite obviously Lunett, albeit I later built in the opportunity for her to get saved if a specific series of choices would have been picked in the Lucas and Samantha parts. Unfortunately, you failed to pick most of these choices, so yeah...

Easier for Jaron but harder for Mullendore/Butterfly? It all ties into the Lunett theory? I think?

Maybe. Her presence in Oldtown will definitely change something for the involved characters.

Conflict born out of misunderstandings. Mullendore killed Lunett, Samantha will think it was Lucas and Leonards' faults! Can't you people see!

She will definitely come to the conclusion that Lunett would have lived if it wasn't for Lucas and Leonard taking her to Oldtown. Lucas and Leonard will come to that conclusion themselves, because it's objectively true. Of course, neither of them is irrational enough to forget that the true culprit is still Maron Mullendore, but Samantha certainly does not intend to be all nice and friendly to the knights should she ever get her hands on them. Still, it should be clear that she is by far the better option compared to Mullendore.

Besides the fact that one being slightly better choice is Quent (In goodness? I think?) The second poll is what matters here. The canon answer would probably be no BECAUSE SHE'S DEAD AND AYLARD WOULD PROBABLY BE PISSED AT LUCAS.

The slightly better choice is indeed Quent, who is at least not a physically violent man and who would have provided genuine help. Mullendore's main selling point is that he is going to chop people's girlfriends to pieces if they don't ally with him.

Page 7 from Marak:

Ah, Marak's prophecy :D While it is far from having the skill of a GRRM prophecy, I am still quite proud about that one, as it can be interpreted in a number of ways. Several of these sentences hint at more than one future event.

A field of flowers in both? Bastards. Good and bad. Jaron, Lucas, Harris, to name a few. A swarm of butteflies? Orange and black? Butterfly/Balerion (which is a lot worst than Butterfly, trust me). The rotten live, not the good guys. Not good.

There are more bastards this sentence hints at, though not all of them have been introduced yet. It should be mentioned that the butterflies on the sigil of House Mullendore are also orange and black. And yes, Balerion is a lot worse than Butterfly, at least if you get in Aegon's way.

The red lion is the sigil of House Reyne, which is the house of Wilfred, and a serpent biting it symbolizes it being venomous bite, taking its toll (not good for Reynes, Wilfred is probably dead, but the Reynes are screwed anyway)

Yes, the red lion is obviously House Reyne. The Serpent hints at another character who will cause trouble for the Reynes.

Winged women with a golden whip seeking vengeance? I don't know. Valemen?

This one has more than one meaning. I can neither confirm nor deny Gnu's speculation that this one hints at Harpy, but it is an interesting thought.

Black bloody crown maybe Harren? I don't know how many sons he has/

They have all been mentioned and named in the second Garthon part of this chapter. Next to Harmund and Harlan there are Harndon and Harrick (House Hoare is extremely creative when it comes to names)

Silver-haired man is obviously Aegon.

That one is pretty obvious for everyone besides Marak.

That hell is this supposed to be? I forget if any of those dragons were silver, but it sounds like Dorne because of It being hell?

This hints at a very specific part in the distant future of the story, a part which I am very excited to write. It will be obvious when it happens.

Robert's Rebellion?

Yes, Marak looked a bit too far into the future and saw a glimpse of Robert's Rebellion and Jaime killing Aerys

Still don't know the half dragon or child though.

Both will make more sense later in the book.

Grand speculation post time: Page 18 from Liquid: Gutten won't allow Samantha to go after Lucas and Leonard Yeah... this is

• So far I have no plans of making Dairon a PoV. There will be three new PoV's in the next chapter, two of them (Arthur and Ilish) having been revealed in the Next-Time part, while the third one will be a completely new character who will have ties to Oldtown and to a certain Raylansfair storyline.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I wonder if Dairon will become a PoV.

• edited July 2015

I always suspected that the Butterfly that Jaron was fighting was an imposter, you gave unintentional hints away.

The hints were absolutely intentional, trust me :D The fake Butterfly was basically ordered to sacrifice himself, so he did everything he could to make mistakes, like sending the Tom and the Moggy away. When Samantha seriously fucked him up and he realized that Harpy intended to brutally slaughter him, he started to loose it, amost revealing that he wasn't who he seemed to be.

BUT HOLY SHIT, TO THINK THE REAL BUTTERFLY WOULD BE MARON FUCKING MULLENDORE?!?!

That one was also hinted at, albeit these hints were very rare and very well-hidden. For example, in his first appearance for example, he dropped Butterfly's catchphrase, which of course wasn't revealed as this until much later, where Jaylon repeated it in the second Samantha part.

In his second talk with Lucas, Mullendore was very convinced that Butterfly is not a threat to him, unlike the Burned Man. This means that he saw a by all means affable and reasonable crimelord as a higher threat than the brutal extremist who chops people up in the streets. He was also absolutely convinced that Ryder wasn't working for Butterfly.

Who was the genius who created this character.

This was @kingofgreyjoy69fv, who sadly seems to have left the forum a few months ago. The whole Butterfly secret identity, the scheming, the vigilantism and making him opposed to the Burned Man were added entirely by me however. In the orignial draft, Mullendore was tasked with keeping Oldtown save and combined this with his fondness for sadistic rape and torture by targeting criminals, foreigners and low-level dregs. I added everything related to Butterfly, in an attempt to make him even more menacing. Judging from your reactions, it seems I have succeeded.

I'm very much scared from Maron Mullendore at this point forward xD

Mission accomplished >:D

Ellena, there wasn't much of her this chapter, disappointing too because I really like her. It felt as she was just flailing around doing absolutely nothing through out the chapter

Yes, but sadly her chapters in this part were necessary to explain why she is under the Burned Man's protection in the next chapter and why she has a letter from the Burned Man in her pocket, intended for Terroma.

The lack of some characters, I understand this had to be done for the sake of progress, but I just wanted more of the characters I've seen so far. Maya and her characters are very interesting and it feels like they were cut short in this chapter.

I agree. Some of the characters had little opportunity to shine in this chapter. This got especially obvious in Maya's parts, where half of her group slept through her entire storyline in this chapter, to flesh the character of Irving out a little bit more. Others who had little involvement in this chapter would be John Gutten and his mercenaries, who will have a lot more to do in the next one, and Samuel, who will have a (perhaps) slightly surprising role in the next chapter. All in all, every character will get his moment to shine over the course of the story, but some characters might become less important for a while before reappearing with more important involvement.

I'm expecting a lot less PoV's from Lucas, judging how things are, he is going to be taken prisoner and tortured, so unless he gets freed, I'm not really expecting much out of him. The intensity is going to continue rising, because I'm sure no one wants to see Butterfly win the war, so people have to really think about the choices they make this point forward.

Yes, there will be less Lucas parts in the next chapter, compared to this one. However, he had the longest storyline in this chapter, so that does not mean much. And it certainly can't hurt to think about some of the future choices, because many of the coming ones will be game-changing.

Holy shit Liquid! What the actual hell?! Goddamn that was some scary ending. I always suspected that the Butterfly that Jaron was fighting w

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 4? Lucas, Marak, Leonard, and Nora.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 4? Jaron and Harpy, oh and The Harkins.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Lucas and Marak.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 4? Jaron.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 4? Marak trying to hit on Nora and discovering how much of a badass Nora can be.

Is there anything you disliked? How could I hate this amazing story of the ages?

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 5? I'm anticipating Arthur's new chapters since there wasn't much mention of him and the guardsmen. Also I excited for other storylines to begin in placing like Dorne or the North seeing how Oldtown is starting to wrap up. My guess is that by the end of the next chapter we'll see a close to Oldtown's dangerous stories of death and shade.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.