"I can't believe I trusted him!" (SPOILERS)

edited June 2015 in Game Of Thrones

This part of the preview for Episode 5 was abit sketchy.
I didn't seem to understand who he trusted but I'll tell you what I think.

I think it has something to do with the trade for Ryon and Gryff. Or something about the Ironwood deal that made Ludd take all of the Ironwood trees.
Or it might have something to do with Ramsay. That being said, I am now officially terrified.

Or maybe It's about the traitor in the small council?

Comments

• Its probably the reveal of the traitor because Talia rushes in saying that "He's gone" making it seem like whoever it was ditched.

• I pretty sure it's about the small council because Rodrik doesn't really trust anyone outside of the council and he certainly never trusted Ludd or Ramsey to begin with.

• Here are the suspects

1. Maester (unlikely because he got beaten by Gryff and it will be so stupid if Ludd didn't tell Gryff about the spy.)
    2. Royland (not sure but maybe 50% because he wants the Whitehill dead and taught Rodrik some fighting moves, and it seems he can give up quickly on the house.)
    3. Ducan (He seems he want to get Gared killed by making him a nights watch deserter and get in some trouble. Plus he is giving Rodrik lots of plans to take down Whitehills however he looks like a puppet and not to be trusted.)
  • He's most likely just referring to the traitor. Since everyone on the council is supposed to be one of his trusted officials, him finding out the identity of the traitor, no matter who it is, would come as a shock to him.

• It's possible Gryff knew the Maester was a traitor, informing the beating as Gryff may have been upset at the Maester being unable to do something for him. We don't know why Gryff was beating him up, right?

Royland and Duncan seem unlikely traitors. They both have acted counter to what a traitor would do. Royland has on multiple occasions put his life on the line for Forresters (depending on player choice) while Duncan was trusted with the North Grove knowledge and could have screwed over the house way more than what the traitor has managed thus far. After all, Duncan is the reason we know about the traitor in the first place. If either of these two men are traitors, they're kind of bad at it, as they have both helped the house more than hindered it.

Killah posted: »

Here are the suspects * Maester (unlikely because he got beaten by Gryff and it will be so stupid if Ludd didn't tell Gryff about the s

• You make a very good point about the small council traitor. Rodrik might be reading something that reveal the identity of the traitor. Also, since Rodrik say "Him", that might exclude Lady Forrester from the traitor list.

• Like I said in my thread,they can't possibly be traitors,because when you take them to lord whitehill with you,they'll attack,which traitor wouldn't do.And gryf was just punishing maester because he just didn't make the wounds heal or so.

Demarcoa posted: »

It's possible Gryff knew the Maester was a traitor, informing the beating as Gryff may have been upset at the Maester being unable to do som

• I don't think it's Duncan because Lord Gregor trusts him with the North Grove and no one else. I think it's Elissa or Maester.

• Maybe it's Arthur Glenmore. When he discovered that Elaena was going to bethrothed to Gryff and forces him to help Rodrik take him down, he calls Ramsay over to "smooth" things over and just played along (doubt it)

Or maybe Ludd, because he cheats his way out of the exchange.

• Either Arthur, or derterimant royland or duncan

• It can't be Arthur as he didn't know about Saving Ryon or Expelling Gryff in episode 3.

Maybe it's Arthur Glenmore. When he discovered that Elaena was going to bethrothed to Gryff and forces him to help Rodrik take him down, he

• I didn't mean as the traitor, just as the person in regards to what Rodrik was saying

It can't be Arthur as he didn't know about Saving Ryon or Expelling Gryff in episode 3.

• It's the Maester or Lady Forrester. Royland can be entirely ruled out and Duncan is possible but really, really unlikely.

Here are the suspects * Maester (unlikely because he got beaten by Gryff and it will be so stupid if Ludd didn't tell Gryff about the s

• edited July 2015

Royland is actually least likely to be the Traitor, honestly; just because he wants to fight everyone doesn't mean that he's just talking big & trying to make a scene. There's a lot more hidden background to Royland that suggests the real reason why he wants to expel the Whitehills as soon as possible. He also puts his life on the line several times for the Forresters. He's about the only real guy who wears his loyalty ( & his heart ) on his sleeve for them. In my honest opinion, it's either Maester Ortengryn ( because even though he's of the Citadel, he should still feel attached to the Forresters since he's worked with them for two years or so. ) or Duncan.

• Honestly, Royland and Duncan are still candidates for the position of traitor, even though they kill Lord Whitehill if you attack in ep 4. Who says they're betraying the family willingly?

• Here's what I think happened. Lady Forrester was talking to Gryff and the Maester found out what Lady Forrester was doing and tried to stop her and then got beat up by Gryff and his goons.

• The thing I'm curious about is where is Gryff at? Is he still locked up? Did Ramsay release him and if he did, did Gryff leave Ironwrath or will he appear next episode while Ramsay talks with Rodrik.

What I just realized is that as of now, were totally f**ked when it comes to the "son for a son trade" because we may not be in possession of Gryff. If this is true, then the "I can't believe I trusted him" is about the traitor. Man I'm so torn, yet so excited for episode 5!!

• Maybe Ramsay killed Gryff for being a pussy and letting us maim him/lock him up if you didn't maim him. / this is probably not true

The thing I'm curious about is where is Gryff at? Is he still locked up? Did Ramsay release him and if he did, did Gryff leave Ironwrath or

• It's almost definitively the Maester. In Episode 4, if you told Lady Forrester about the traitor in Episode 3, she, Rodrik and Talia discuss about who the traitor could be between Duncan and Royland, and this could be enough to understand to game wants us to believe the traitor is one of those two, but if I'm not wrong there is an unused clip where Rodrik said the Maester could be the traitor, wonder why it got cut out e_e

Also, the scene where Gryff beats up Ortengryn looks to me like it was thrown there to make us believe he's loyal to the Forresters.

• Okay, figuring no one asked for your suspects, nor anyone's for the matter. This thread debates the possibility of Rodrik's "WAAAAAAA MAMY I CANT BELIEVE I TRUSTED HIM :(" line being about the traitor in the council or if it is Ludd."

• About the "him" thing, heh, welcome to telltale. You never know their twists. Played walking dead? I doubt that some of the scenes in the premier trailer are in anyway. You don't know anything about telltale, friend.

You make a very good point about the small council traitor. Rodrik might be reading something that reveal the identity of the traitor. Also, since Rodrik say "Him", that might exclude Lady Forrester from the traitor list.

• [removed]

kaza125 posted: »

Either Arthur, or derterimant royland or duncan

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a twist. But no, I'm sure you're mistaken.

Supergirl66 posted: »

Here's what I think happened. Lady Forrester was talking to Gryff and the Maester found out what Lady Forrester was doing and tried to stop her and then got beat up by Gryff and his goons.

• there is an unused clip where Rodrik said the Maester could be the traitor, wonder why it got cut out e_e

If it turns out that the Maester is the traitor, Telltale could have cut it out so that it's more a surprise. They could be giving more attention to Duncan and Royland so the suspicion falls off the Maester.

It's almost definitively the Maester. In Episode 4, if you told Lady Forrester about the traitor in Episode 3, she, Rodrik and Talia discuss

• plot twist : there are no traitor,just whitehills trying to make us fell like we can't trust anyone.In fact that's great tactical thing and it usually works

• I really think this scene is still in the game. In my playtrough it happened in episode 3 right after you told Elyssa about the traitor, then you get the chance to name your assumption ("maester", "Royland", "Duncan" or "you dont know"). If you say its the maester she will answer something like: "Yes it could be him, but what about Royland/Duncan (the person who isnt your sentinel). And if you name your non-sentinel as assumption she thinks your sentinel is the traitor. At least thats what I think.

It's almost definitively the Maester. In Episode 4, if you told Lady Forrester about the traitor in Episode 3, she, Rodrik and Talia discuss

• But they knew about your plan to expell Gryff/rescue Ryon, so unless someone overheard the meeting, there is a traitor.

• There is a traitor, yeah. But it doenst have to be someone at Ironrath. For example: I think it could be Tom, he has access to Miras letters and brings her new letters which are unsealed. And Mira is talking with him about mostly everything at Ironrath.

Golthar posted: »

But they knew about your plan to expell Gryff/rescue Ryon, so unless someone overheard the meeting, there is a traitor.

• Yes, that was what I meant.

quinnics posted: »

there is an unused clip where Rodrik said the Maester could be the traitor, wonder why it got cut out e_e If it turns out that the M

• No, that scene was surely cut out, if I remember well I heard it in a discussion where someone put all the unused audio scenes. And if you look this video at 1:08:35 they discuss about who the traitor could be and it doesn't change anything (this guy also chose the Maester when discussing about the traitor with his mother in Episode 3) and I'm pretty sure that unused audio file was in this scene originally

N8eule posted: »

I really think this scene is still in the game. In my playtrough it happened in episode 3 right after you told Elyssa about the traitor, the

• That makes quite sense, but why would Lady Forrester or some other tell Mira about saving Ryon or expelling Gryff from Ironrath? And Gwyn said there is a traitor in the council and I don't think she was lying.

N8eule posted: »

There is a traitor, yeah. But it doenst have to be someone at Ironrath. For example: I think it could be Tom, he has access to Miras letters

• I played every episode maybe 1 or 2 hourse right after release and there was no word about the maester in that scene. But I think they release every new episode a few hours later here in Germany, cause some other people played this episode 4-5 hours before I started playing it. Maybe the updated the game instantly after release, I dont know. If you find a video of someone who has recorded it let me know ;)

No, that scene was surely cut out, if I remember well I heard it in a discussion where someone put all the unused audio scenes. And if you l

• It may be someone getting information from a member of the council and not a traitor in the council itself.
    I feel this is going to be some very secondary character so no one could figure it out.

• Because Mira is worried as well and Elyssa cares much for her children. And I had a nice conversation about how much Gwyn is involved in her fathers doing and we came to the decision that she probably dont knows how "evil" her father really is. Maybe she just overheared her father talking about a traitor and she "assumes" he has to be in the small council, because logic. Or she really is involved and working for her father and is saying that to cause a disturbance.

That makes quite sense, but why would Lady Forrester or some other tell Mira about saving Ryon or expelling Gryff from Ironrath? And Gwyn said there is a traitor in the council and I don't think she was lying.

• Regardless weather or not it append as I put it. I still think that it's Lady Forrester.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a twist. But no, I'm sure you're mistaken.

• I can understand that I still have a bad feeling about her

Supergirl66 posted: »

Regardless weather or not it append as I put it. I still think that it's Lady Forrester.

• Ned also trusted Petyr.

I don't think it's Duncan because Lord Gregor trusts him with the North Grove and no one else. I think it's Elissa or Maester.

• I think Gryff doesn't even know who the traitor is because I don't think Ludd trusts him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.