Create-a-House

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

The topic is pretty straightforward. You are in Westeros or Essos and have the ability to start a House, vassal or not it's your choice.

Which of the two continents are you from?

Which area do you start in?

Are you a vassal or a freehold?

What is your land like? i.e. Forested, swampy, mountainous, etc.

Family?

What is your hold like? i.e. A keep, a few towers, ruins with a few lean-to's, etc.

What is your hold good for? i.e. Farming wheat/barley/corn, mining gold/silver/steel, weapons, etc.

Sigil?

Your strength in arms? i.e. Small garrison, a good handful of men, some knights, etc.

Do you have vassals?

Feel free to add pictures to give a better visual. This is just a fun thread to be creative on.

Comments

• House Northwood

Alt text

Once just a mere sellsword, now Lord John Northwood, the Lord of House Northwood, a sworn bannerman of the Forrester Family.

Alt text

He is feared among the Whitehill Soldiers and known as "The Deadeye" because of his deadly accuracy with his Ironwood Bow. He also has many more nicknames given to him by his enemies, followers, singers in taverns etc. such as "The One Man Army" because of his kill count, "The Shadow" because of his stealth skill, "The Quick Death" because of his fast speed... His primary weapons are his ironwood bow called "Heart Taker", his Valyrian Steel sword "North Wolf", given to him by a mysterious knight and a golden dager he adopted from Lewis Black, aka "The Smasher", a Commander of a small army of Lannister soldiers who attacked him in a tavern after he beat up their man Ron Wellton who insulted John. John also took Ron's girl he was having a fun time with, Lily, who later prefered John as lover rather than any other man. He killed Ron, Don Red, One-Arm Nigel, Jaiden, Kraff, Lowell, Tyrrold, Reed and 5 other Lannister Soldiers. The Battle beetwen John and Lewis was one of the most spectacular fights in the Northern slums and backalleys which gave John the respect and fear from many people, aswell as his nickname "The One Man Army". He eventually stopped his ways of fighting in taverns and drinking when he was called to join Gregor and Rodrik Forrester to join up with Robb Stark, The King in the North...

• That depends... Are you a watermelon?

btw. yes it is

• edited July 2015

House Slovakson

Westeros

Riverland

Vassal of house Tully

Lands of House Slovakson lays at Red Fork

Current lord of House Slovakson is Lord Waldemar "the red"

Keep of House Slovakson is called Golden fortress. It has massive thick walls (painted yellow). In times of war castle is capable of sheltering 1000 smallfolks alongside with entire army.

House Slovakson is capable rise army of 5000 men not counted peasants.

No Vassals

Their coat of arm is golden gryfon in red and blue field. House Slovakson is house with thousands years of history. Their legendary ancestor who tamed only living gryfon in the world supposedly lived in same time as Bran the Builder and Garth Greenhand. During the Robert´s rebellion House Slovakson fought for Targaryens but closely before the end they joined Tywin Lanister during his march to King´s Landing. After rebellion they maintained close relationship with House Lannister and during the War of Five Kings they joined Tywin (again).

Edit: Their words are Blood and Honour

• [removed]

• THATS JOHNNY FUCKING KLEBITZ

OH MY FUCKING GOD I AM DYING RIGHT NOW LMAO

OH MY GOD XD

House Northwood Once just a mere sellsword, now Lord John Northwood, the Lord of House Northwood, a sworn bannerman of the Forrester

• [removed]

THATS JOHNNY FUCKING KLEBITZ OH MY FUCKING GOD I AM DYING RIGHT NOW LMAO OH MY GOD XD

• I got bored and tried to do your banner...

Alt text

House Slovakson Westeros Riverland Vassal of house Tully Lands of House Slovakson lays at Red Fork Current lord of House Slov

• Nice

Golthar posted: »

I got bored and tried to do your banner...

• I would be House Metallica, my houses words will be, "We'll never stop, we'll never quit, because we're Metallica." The Lord of my house would be Lord James "Papa" Hetfield, Master of Arms Kirk "The Ripper" Hammett, Castellan Lars Ulrich, and Maester Robert Trujillo. Located in an unknown area of Westeros called San Rafael, House Metallica rose to power with several other great houses around the same time period, including House Slayer, House Anthrax, and the the house's greatest enemy, House Megadeth, founded by the traitorous Dave Mustaine. My army, named the Metal Militia, is an unstoppable force that will crush any enemy that even thinks about messing with us. This is our seal:

Alt text

We are truly the greatest house that has ever lived, all other houses don't stand a chance against this mighty house.

• edited July 2015

Westeros

House Nightmare, our words are "Soaring above all."

Crownlands

Vassal of House Baratheon of Dragonstone

Rocky island in Blackwater Bay, similar to Dragonstone

Family is a small group of Merchants who became nobles through wealth, our head is Lord Steffon

Dragonfyre Castle is the name of the keep, it is moderately small and presides over a dock where the naval defenses and merchants are stationed.

The House is known for its diplomacy and merchant skills, because of this the house is well supplied with food and weapons witch earned the nickname "Island of Merchants."

The sigil is a Gold Dragon flying on a Purple Field

Are strength is almost completely compromised by ships and their crews in our defense. On land is a small garrison which defends Dragonfyre.
    In war our main land forces are mostly mercenaries while our navy is used to defend our island and attack nearby enemy shores.

We have no vassals.
    Alt text

• Are the house words " blood and honor" because Honor gets your blood spilled :O ?

House Slovakson Westeros Riverland Vassal of house Tully Lands of House Slovakson lays at Red Fork Current lord of House Slov

• wtf lol...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited July 2015

Blood stands for family and Honour stands for ...... Honour, and yes I know what happens when you are too much honorable in Westeros.

Wigams posted: »

Are the house words " blood and honor" because Honor gets your blood spilled :O ?

• Alt text
    House Morales is a Dornish great House. Morales are vassals of Martells for 200 years . Their land is named Nublar. Nublar has 10 towers, big strong army and vassals: Drinkwaters, Dryland and Holt. Family: Lord Oscar Morales, Lady Nimeria, first-born son-Nathaniel, daughter-Beatrice, second-born son-Caleb.Nublar is a beeautiful land full of high trees and falls.

• Alt text

House Morales is a Dornish great House. Morales are vassals of Martells for 200 years . Their land is named Nublar. Nublar has 10 towers, bi

• edited July 2015

House Darwin of the Vale

Vassal of House Arryn

Located in a mountainous region with lots of flora. Kinda like this:
    Alt text

Unique in that there is no main hold. Instead, there is a collection of three smaller keeps called The Children that are spread across the region. These include The Elder, The Middle, and The Younger, each led by a member of House Darwin. Major decisions regarding the house are determined by a majority vote among the three leaders of The Children.

The main source of economy would come from exporting materials from the rare plants and animals that are endemic to that region.

Its house words would be "Life finds a way." The house sigil would probably look something like this:
    Alt text.

It would have a fairly large army for a house of its size, as the family itself would be pretty large. However, since it doesn't involve itself in any major conflicts, it manages to stay fairly peaceful except for occasional skirmishes with the mountain clans.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.