The Forrester Greatsword (Potential spoilers)

Do you think it will come into play in episode 5 or 6? I remember in one of the "next time on Game of Thrones" (after episode 2 Or 3) things we saw Rodrik grabbing it but it didn't occur in the episode. He's injured and has a difficult enough time using a regular sword right now, but do you think we'll ever see him wield it? Like using it to fight Whitehills? Or beheading the traitor?

Comments

• Rodrik will likely never be able to weild a greatsword and the only other candidate I can think of to weild the sword is Asher.

• I'm really afraid that the sword is going to end up like Dawn (House Dayne's greatsword.) Like, we'll know it exists but we will never at any point see it used. Rodrik has been healing awfully well, I wouldn't rule him out but I also wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't use it. I hope it never goes to Asher, I like his character but I don't think he should ever be Lord or get the Lord's sword. It'd be cool if Talia took it up though and ended up a warrior maiden like the Mormonts. Although that's REALLY unlikely. Fun thought though.

• I think he'll pick it up in Episode 5 to use on the traitor but he won't use it regularly. Maybe he'll be able to wield it in Ep6 but right now I think he'll only be able to hold it.

• He will use it on the traitor, like everyone says.

• Agreed with you and JakeSt123. I'm betting Rodrik will solely use it for proper judgement against the traitor. Doubt we'll see him actually get in a fight with it, he's not healed enough for that yet, but he could do a proper execution.

Killah posted: »

He will use it on the traitor, like everyone says.

• execution

Yep, that's what I meant :p

Agreed with you and JakeSt123. I'm betting Rodrik will solely use it for proper judgement against the traitor. Doubt we'll see him actually get in a fight with it, he's not healed enough for that yet, but he could do a proper execution.

• Or maybe using Roylanders trick at someone :p

• I can definitely see him using it to the traitor, or maybe possibly Gryff, I feel the latter would be very symbolic. Gryff came in saying how he is the only lord and saying how Rodrik couldn't even hold a sword, killing Gryff with the Forrester sword would be a great moment.

• I really wish the Forrester Greatsword was made from Valyrian steel, that would have definitely make them stand out from the other minor houses, not to mention it could have really helped them in a potentially upcoming story arc (some time after the conclusion of the game) when the Whitewalkers invade the North.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.