Voice acting?

It's good for the most part but does some of the voice acting bug you. Whenever Kit Harrington speaks it just sounds so dull and lifeless and dwindles when he speaks to any of the other characters. Ethan's voice sounds weird he has this heavy what seems to be Irish accent and his delivery of some lines is.... yeah. Plus I felt that Royland's VA totally overacted during Ethan's death. It's gotten better in recent episodes though

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I like all the voice acting, as usual Telltale gets a perfect voice for their characters. Haven't had any problems with it.

• Don't know what you mean. All the voice acting has been top-notch to me.

• edited July 2015

Ethan's voice sounds weird he has this heavy what seems to be Irish accent and his delivery of some lines is.... yeah.

He has the same northern English accent as Rodrik and Asher, his voice/tone is just different.

Plus I felt that Royland's VA totally overacted during Ethan's death.

More of a case of Duncan under-reacting.

That said, I think Peter Dinklage is kind of iffy in the game. While he's a good on-screen actor, he loses that third dimension when voice acting.

Also Gwyn's accent... but I'm not going to beat that dead horse.

• There was only one instance that ever bothered me. When that Frey soldier said "Shoot that one!" to his men while pointing at Gared his voice sounded really out of place. I found it funny but it was kind of "meh" compared to all of the other top notch voice acting.

• People nitpick ever single thing lol

• edited July 2015

Roylands voice actor was great during Ethans death scene. The voice acting in this game is amazing I love it!

• edited July 2015

imo at times rodrik can be a bit off but hes usually great

• edited July 2015

The voice talent in this game is actually pretty amazing. The show characters aren't nearly as bad as the usual "screen actors can't do voices" rules usually dictate--Lena Headey and Iwan Rheon are really great. Natalie Dormer, Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke do an OK job. Peter Dinklage is the only one who kinda falls down in the voice department as he doesn't really manage to reproduce Tyrion's voice effectively.

• I know what you mean I always laugh on that line.

There was only one instance that ever bothered me. When that Frey soldier said "Shoot that one!" to his men while pointing at Gared his voic

• Voice acting in this game is excelent for every character.

• This game has amazing voice acting. Since I live in an area where accents are VERY similar to those in GoT, they all sound in place.

• They're small slip ups but apologists will attack saying "you're nit picking"

People nitpick ever single thing lol

• Kill those fookin Forresters!

There was only one instance that ever bothered me. When that Frey soldier said "Shoot that one!" to his men while pointing at Gared his voic

• I thought Peter Dinklage sounded fine. Kit Harrington was the VA I found lacking and lifeless.

• "Walder Frey says it's time to fookin' leave!"

Brodester08 posted: »

Kill those fookin Forresters!

• Emilia Clarke and Natalie Dormer sound strange to me. In the latter case, I don't mind: Margaery here sounds more circumspect, less blithe, than she does on the show, which suits her character well here.

Clarke's Dany, however, almost sounds like another character. Dany can be imperious, but for God's sake, she has some ability to act compassionate. Part of that may be due to writing, though; I don't buy for a minute that Dany would respond so callously when told about the problems with Asher's family, especially since she needs all of the good press in Westeros that she can get.

• was the VA I found lacking and lifeless.

Much like his acting on the show

JeRoberts posted: »

I thought Peter Dinklage sounded fine. Kit Harrington was the VA I found lacking and lifeless.

• I agree. This is a matter of writing more than voice acting, though.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Emilia Clarke and Natalie Dormer sound strange to me. In the latter case, I don't mind: Margaery here sounds more circumspect, less blithe,

• We're probably going to have to tell Beshka's sob story, then she'll sympathise.

But yeah I agree.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Emilia Clarke and Natalie Dormer sound strange to me. In the latter case, I don't mind: Margaery here sounds more circumspect, less blithe,

• I agree that Kit Harrington sounds a bit wooden, as does Emilia Clarke. I like everyone else's voice acting though.

• It's a discussion board, not a "praise board". I think the minor complaints are just as valid as the praise we see on the board. It's a great game. I love it, but it's certainly not perfect and there's nothing wrong about discussing those imperfections. Especially, if it's done tactfully and respectfully like the OP has done.

People nitpick ever single thing lol

• Don't leaf! FATT! (Leave, Fight)

"Walder Frey says it's time to fookin' leave!"

• I just thought Ethans voice had that "voice cracked but just over the squeaky stage" tone to it. When it's newly deep but doesn't quite suit the way they look/intonation is still jumbled. He's a young boy so makes sense.

• Every now and again in any TellTale game, there's a line or two that sounds off but that's me nit-picking. Other than that the voice-acting has been great with 0 complaints from me.

• "Good fookin' riddance!"

Don't leaf! FATT! (Leave, Fight)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.