I think the Mom is the traitor

She hates the forresters since her house was part of the Targarians. Other options are too obvious.

Comments

• Lady Elissa is a secrect Targaryen. It is known.

• I had a small theory.. She "sent" Malcolm away to "get Asher", but I think they agreed that he should just leave the house entirely because its falling and too dangerous to stay. It even says in the codex that Malcolm fled from his old home and joined house Forrester went their house went bad, so we know she and her brother have a history of fleeing.

• this hurts my brain cells :(

• If that's true why is Malcom even in Mereen now, risking his life to get sellswords to save the house? Shouldn't he be resting Dorne, drinking some nice wine and flirting with Dornish women? I mean, that's what I'd do if I was fleeing from a dying house.

I had a small theory.. She "sent" Malcolm away to "get Asher", but I think they agreed that he should just leave the house entirely because

• Same. :(

this hurts my brain cells

• She was born to a minor house loyal to the Targs. It still doesn't make sense why she would betray her house since the Targs are dead and no threat to the Foresters

Lady Elissa is a secrect Targaryen. It is known.

• I guess he figured being with Asher is better than being alone. Also if things do get better back home, he will always have a safe passage back without looking like a he just burned the bridge.

If that's true why is Malcom even in Mereen now, risking his life to get sellswords to save the house? Shouldn't he be resting Dorne, drinki

• I had similiar thoughts, still not very elaborated thoughts. The Mother has been through this once she may know what happens once a house falls, she might've been approached and she might have taken it upon her self to spy in the Forresters just to "save" their house or her own life.
    I still have not seen more than one episode of GoT so i don't have any real understanding of the politics other than what has been shown in the game.

• edited July 2015

°Sigh° How many times have I said "Nothing to see here, move along"...?

• Why would she send her brother to Essos to retrieve one of her sons if she wanted to betray the house? If blackmailed, why would she not tell Rodrik so they could use her to supply the whitehills with false information to recover ryon?

• ?????

I never bought this theory when other people posed it, but i have to say their reasonings made more sense.

• Wait, maybe Lady Forrester is actually Rhaegar and Ethan was the Prince that was Promised!

• I just hate that she stops you from Killing Griff .

• edited July 2015

If you don't tell her about the Traitor when she stops you from killing Griff she says she is saving Ryon because when the Whitehills find out . So it is like she knows there is a traitor when I didn't even tell Her , Perhaps it is her.

• Pretty sure Ludd would eventually find out that Gryff was dead whether there was a traitor or not, so Lady Forrester meant it was a matter of 'when', not 'if' he finds out. At some point he's going to wonder why he hasn't heard from him and send more soldiers to Ironrath to find out what's happened. Either way, it's smarter to keep him alive and let Ludd know, so you can get Ryon back quicker. Realistically, there was no way they were going to be able to siege Highpoint and rescue Ryon, so a trade was the only viable option. It's probably still going to backfire anyway.

• Remember how Andros and Lyman "were" working together and he tells you that the Whitehills are hiring hundreds of Sellswords. Maybe Malcom & Lady Forrester are working for the Whitehills. But then again in the trailer they hint to us that the traitor is a male. That's why I also suspect the Maester.

If that's true why is Malcom even in Mereen now, risking his life to get sellswords to save the house? Shouldn't he be resting Dorne, drinki

• I don't even know.

• But his house "House Forrester" *was *loyal to the starks (the main house in colab with others that ended the reign of the Targaryens) maybe thats why she hates it lel

Clemenem posted: »

She was born to a minor house loyal to the Targs. It still doesn't make sense why she would betray her house since the Targs are dead and no threat to the Foresters

• shame

Killah posted: »

Same.

• Ding"" Ding"""

Killah posted: »

Same.

• It still doesn't make sense that she'd marry into a family, have 6 kids and just betray them all.

But his house "House Forrester" *was *loyal to the starks (the main house in colab with others that ended the reign of the Targaryens) maybe thats why she hates it lel

• This is ridiculous...I know that Ellissa being the traitor is a possibility, but we are talking about our mother here. Why in heavens name would she betray her own children? Her own five children that she has borne and raised for their entire lives. If we are talking about a revenge scheme against the Forrester, then I would like to remind you that she married Gregor before Robert's Rebellion. And even if she is angry at the Forresters, the remaining living Forresters are her own children.

• You have a point lel

Clemenem posted: »

It still doesn't make sense that she'd marry into a family, have 6 kids and just betray them all.

• If the other options are too obvious, than her being the traitor is too ridiculous for simply being a Targarian.

You're telling me a mother, one who is ready to bleed and kill for her children, would betray not just her house but her family and risk their lives for what purpose? There is no end game for her in this case where she has anything to gain so this falls flat. I can understand why she might be a traitor simply to ensure the safety of Ryon, even though I believe that theory is hogwash too, but she stands to lose everything and gain nothing.

So she's just betraying for what, the hell of it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.