How did you confront with Lord Whitehill when---?

Original Title: How did you confront with Lord Whitehill when he almost tried to kill Ryon?

Did you....

• Accept his deal
  • Begged for mercy
  • Called his Bluff
  • Or simply ....you just....attacked...him? (You know what I mean..)

And Why?

I first attacked....and....then..... called his bluff because I almost ran out of time to answer :)

Comments

• edited July 2015

I begged for mercy. I don't know, it was a quick decision, call his bluff/attack at the time did not seem very wise to me.

• I took the ballsy route and called his bluff. I wasn't even thinking back to "A Whitehill is still a Whitehill", I was just winging it as I didn't think Ludd would kill a child. Luckily, I was right.

1. Attack then called bluff. But i lost my saved game and had to start all over... ugh. So my new game play just called his bluff. He may not have been "abusing" Ryon, but I he was mistreating him. The first time I played I noticed looked fatter than he did before. In episode 1 Ethan told him he could eat all the sweetest he wanted. I had a bad feeling he was feeding Ryon nothing but junk food to kill him.
  • Called his bluff instantly, because i had his son. If Ryon died so would that punk Gryff. To be honest i did not think about that whole a Whiltehill is a Whitehill, thing.

• Most likely called his bluff.

• I called his bluff

• Well "sweets" I mean.. There's more than one way to kill a hostage and what you feed them is one way. If he is starving Ryon or fattening him up on purpose, he truly does deserve to die!! Fuck Gywn too.

• I originally attacked, but that didn't work out to well. So then I tried calling his bluff, I wasn't thinking about the Whitehill is still a Whitehill line, but it was the only other option that wasn't submitting to the Whitehills.

• edited July 2015

I accepted his deal because words are just words. Calling his bluff didn't and still doesn't register as the smartest thing to me. I was convinced he really didn't care about Gryff, and after Ethan was killed it would be stupid to have Ryon killed by being too risky. Attacking Ludd inside of his own stronghold never even crossed my mind for obvious reasons.

• Called his bluff. I remembered Gwyns whole speech about "A Whitehill is a whitehill" when were looking at the portrait. That discussion wasn't going to be put there for no reason. Chekov's portrait I suppose you could call it.

• edited July 2015

My first instinct was to attack. Honestly it was an winnable fight if only the Glenmore Elites weren't the dumbest guards in the history of ever. Even with only four of the twenty soldiers (not counting Royland, Rodrik, and Arthur, making six and a half) our numbers were still close plus bows are more useful than crossbows, especially with training the Glenmores had (or at least they claim they had)

"Now Arthur!"

"Dur hur! Kill only the old lord and his defenseless daughter, do not aim at any of people in the room that pose a threat hur hur!"

Yeah, the possibility of a fight was the first thing I considered so I made sure it looked winnable. And it did.

Anyhow, the moral of the story is that the Glenmore soldiers are stupid.

After the Glenmores' incompetence led to my demise I simply called his bluff.

• And the worst part about it is you can even create a battle plan ahead of time if you talk with Arthur. If you had just stuck with that everything could have worked out in your favor. Instead Rodrik and his mother just stand completely still, Arthur and his soldiers waste their arrows on the only person in the entire room that isn't a threat and then everyone dies.

If these are House Glenmores "elite force" I'd hate to see what their common militia would do. Probably use Rodrik as a shield, drop the bows and throw all the cutlery at Gwyn.

My first instinct was to attack. Honestly it was an winnable fight if only the Glenmore Elites weren't the dumbest guards in the history of

• Right? That's probably why Lord Glenmore gave into Ludd's demands too. He was terrified of war with Ludd because his troops would destroy his house long before the Whitehills even got their army together.

And the worst part about it is you can even create a battle plan ahead of time if you talk with Arthur. If you had just stuck with that ever

• Accepted his deal. Kind of forget about bluff plus it made sense to me.

• bows are more useful than crossbows

Considering that crossbows are essentially bow and arrow that require not nearly as much skill to fire, how do you figure bows are more useful (I assume by "useful" you mean effective)?

Even with only four of the twenty soldiers (not counting Royland, Rodrik, and Arthur, making six and a half) our numbers were still close

If you chose to bring the Glenmores, weren't you still surrounded by soldiers with swords and crossbows? Also did you forget that you were locked in a room.. At highpoint.

My first instinct was to attack. Honestly it was an winnable fight if only the Glenmore Elites weren't the dumbest guards in the history of

• I'd figure the other 16 were still nearby somewhere. Plus being locked in a room gives an advantage, they have to get into the room still. Crossbows aren't as effective as bows because of the reload time and accuracy. They only saw the use that they did because it was easier to mass-train large groups of peasants with, the same reason guns overtook crossbows. Being surrounded only matters with large groups (50+ people) it doesn't have as much influence when the numbers are small and near even. Crossbows were built with sieges and killing knights in mind, they weren't made with accurate shooting or close quarters in mind because of the spread. The Glenmores should have gotten in 3-6 shots for each (inaccurate) bolt the Whitehills let out.

almighty posted: »

bows are more useful than crossbows Considering that crossbows are essentially bow and arrow that require not nearly as much skill t

• Good valid argument, but I still say being locked inside of highpoint is a losing position. I'm no fan of the GoT TV show so I don't know much about characters outside of the game, but I'm pretty sure Roose Bolten would disapprove of this as well.

I'd figure the other 16 were still nearby somewhere. Plus being locked in a room gives an advantage, they have to get into the room still. C

• Roose might not be happy with it, but as Ludd says "Roose doesn't care as long as he gets his Ironwood" and Ramsey would probably just appreciate the violence. At the end of the meeting Ludd implies that Roose and Ramsey are already somewhat displeased with him.

Good valid argument, but I still say being locked inside of highpoint is a losing position. I'm no fan of the GoT TV show so I don't know much about characters outside of the game, but I'm pretty sure Roose Bolten would disapprove of this as well.

• No wonder Iron wrath was empty afterward lol

• I... may have panicked and done nothing.

• I called his bluff. I never thought he would really kill Ryon. He likes to pretend that he's a ruthless monster but deep inside he loves his children and honestly cares.

• Attacked becuase if archers would shoot the crossbows Royland would have time to kill Ludd and we would win. Second time I called his bluff, accepting his deal wasnt possibility I would consider .... ever.

• Really? He's gain weight?

He hasn't, his character model's exactly the same as it was in Episode 1.

• In the heat of the moment, I actually choose to take the deal. In my canon playthough, I always think about the safety of my family.

• I attacked first :P But then I called his bluff before I remembered that thing about a whitehill is allwayas a whitehill that Rodrick ends up saying...

• Called His Bluff. I was worried since Gryff is his 4th born son but after hearing Gwyn talk about her family and how Ludd felt it was a no-brainer. My logic sense always triggers in these situations and I saw it this way in the few seconds I had.

Accept the Deal - No way, we've got too many advantages right now and I'm not about to succumb to this trash.

Beg for Mercy - Pretty much the same as above but reinforced since we also have Gryff and his men.

Attack - I didn't have the Glenmores and I also had Duncan, so I had very little advantage on this front and I feared Ryon and Lady Forrester might get caught in the cross-fire.

Call His Bluff - Bingo, Gwyn gave me the perfect clue to go ahead with this one and if Ludd did go through with it, I would have gone through with my earlier threat that Gryff would die too.

Mind you I was still breathing a sigh of relief after but I felt for sure I had made the best decision.

• Agreeing to it didn't really seem to change the outcome at all - at lest in this instance anyway, wonder what the outcome will be later?

I accepted his deal because words are just words. Calling his bluff didn't and still doesn't register as the smartest thing to me. I was con

• What happens if you do nothing? :O

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I... may have panicked and done nothing.

• Lady Forrester will beg Ludd to not hurt Ryon, saying something along the lines of how she can't lose another child. Ludd says something like 'Mark this day, Rodrik. Your mother just saved your House.'

What happens if you do nothing? :O

• Wow, thanks man! :D

I think it's better if you say something :/

Lady Forrester will beg Ludd to not hurt Ryon, saying something along the lines of how she can't lose another child. Ludd says something like 'Mark this day, Rodrik. Your mother just saved your House.'

• Later on, when they return to Ironrath, Rodrik has the chance to apologize for leaving her to sort things out. She'll not regret what she did, and just be happy that Ryon is coming home. But, yeah, I totally would have said something... if I hadn't freaked out.

Wow, thanks man! I think it's better if you say something

• Woah, well thanks for telling me btw :)

Later on, when they return to Ironrath, Rodrik has the chance to apologize for leaving her to sort things out. She'll not regret what she di

• I accepted his deal. In my first playthrough, I'm just giving the Whitehills what they want to try to keep the peace.

• I called his bluff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.