The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• No, but it went on into the early 70's. Point is, Australians shouldn't be giving America crap about racism when it's still heavily present in Australia then and Australia today. It wasn't until the 1990's that shit finally got sorted out, and it wasn't until 2007 that our Prime Minister at the time, Kevin Rudd, went on TV and apologized to the Aboriginals. Australia's race problem isn't much better than America's.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

A tainted past doesn't necessarily taint the present.. Are they still taking aboriginal children from their families?

• I'm glad you can accept that America has it's faults as well. I think the key to making society a better place is to accept that some things are messed up about it.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Funny. I'm an American who feels the same way about America.

• I honestly don't know how the racism situation is in Australia, though I have heard it's good. My point is that you can't use past events to make calls about today unless it's in a prediction way (i.e. X has happened repeatedly and the signs were Y, and now we see Y). My ancestors may have owned slaves, I have not. I will not be held accountable for them owning slaves. You don't need to apologize for something for it to end. An apology is nice, not a necessity.

No, but it went on into the early 70's. Point is, Australians shouldn't be giving America crap about racism when it's still heavily present

• Indeed, every country has its pride and its shame.

Though I hate it when foreigners talk shit on my country, like it's the worst thing that ever happened to the world. Most have no clue what the hell they're talking about and just make uninformed assumption based on American pop-culture.

I'm glad you can accept that America has it's faults as well. I think the key to making society a better place is to accept that some things are messed up about it.

• Cool! Have fun and safe travels.

Lord_EAA posted: »

I just arrived im Athens

• Saltbro hi and don't worry.

Btw i posted some parts in prime in case you didn't see them

Saltlick123 posted: »

Cool! Have fun and safe travels.

• Don't worry i will :)

Be safe, place ain't what it used to be.

• edited July 2015

"Take me to the magic of the moment

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams

With you and me"

Guess the song.

• Scorpions.

Charlieh65 posted: »

"Take me to the magic of the moment On a glory night Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams With you and me" Guess the song.

• My school is full of very respectful and hopeful young kids. Your school must just suck.

Honestly, the way the kids at my school act really make me wonder why I even bother defending teenagers at all.

• Lookie at you! Acting like a grown woman but insulting people.

You are such a hypocrite, it's funny.

• Don't even bother trying to explain that too her, she still thinks rape is at the same level of extremity as cat calling.

So disrespecting women is someone a more important issue than disrespecting men? You do know that plenty of men have their own issues too. I

• Gosh!! @Cope49 I could not agree any more with your statements!! You speak the truth!!!

• [removed]

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Highly recommend the modern Daredevil comics (probably the most consistently well written cape comic of our time). They're great, and a huge influence on the tone of the show. Start with the Brian Michael Bendis run, as it deals with some really cool stuff that most superhero comics don't deal with (including his identity being compromised which results in so much danger in both his career and personal life).

Just recently got around to finishing Daredevil on Netflix. I really enjoyed the gritty, noir presentation in comparrison to typical Marvel movies. The wait for Season 2 is going to be unbearable.

• As soon as I read this I went to page 2209. My suspicion was correct....

• Good riddance to bad rubbish.

As soon as I read this I went to page 2209. My suspicion was correct....

• Have fun

I just arrived im Athens

• edited July 2015

Just finished Orange Is the New Black season one <3

(I know I'm late af on the bandwagon, but still <3)

• edited July 2015

What's happened?

EDIT: Ah. Good riddance.

• A certain someone whom I (and many others) dislike intensely 'took an indefinite vacation' from the community.

Let's put it this way. You won't be hearing any more comparisons between gay marraige and cannibalism in the near-future.

Flog61 posted: »

What's happened? EDIT: Ah. Good riddance.

• Ooh, take pictures.

I just arrived im Athens

• A weight has been lifted.

• I fucking hate modern day feminism

• THAT ENDING LMAOOOOO

I fucking hate modern day feminism

• edited July 2015

ProMonarchyGenuis.......I FUCKING HATE THIS GUY!

"The Dark Knight was not about Batman but it was about a philosophy spewing hobo in a dirty purple jacket. Tim Burton's Batman Returns is the greatest superhero movie of all time and you are an embarrassment to the Batman fandom"

"That's funny coming from someone like you who is years away from hitting puberty. There is no difference between Nolan and Schumacher."

"All Christopher Nolan's movies were made for autistic manchildren like you. Oh God you are such a Nasally Voiced Fedora Wearing Neckbeard"

• *modern day feminazis

• edited July 2015

Modern day feminism is fine. True modern feminism is currently focused on intersectionality, which is an excellent ideal. Fighting the good fight.

Modern day feminazis are not fine, but their prominance and prevalance is constantly overexaggerated.

I find it a little ironic, to tell the truth. Most men who talk about how modern feminism is about murdering men would be extremely angry if someone said that all men are rapists. Both situations are taking a small minority of people to represent the entire group.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You won't be hearing any more comparisons between gay marraige and cannibalism in the near-future.

What the flip did I miss?

A certain someone whom I (and many others) dislike intensely 'took an indefinite vacation' from the community. Let's put it this way. You won't be hearing any more comparisons between gay marraige and cannibalism in the near-future.

• Modern day feminazis are part of modern day feminism, whether or not people want to admit it.

Flog61 posted: »

Modern day feminism is fine. True modern feminism is currently focused on intersectionality, which is an excellent ideal. Fighting the good

• Well, he basically just insults people who have a different opinion than him for no reason other than that and he uses the most embarrassing of insults, it's very annoying and he grinds my gears. All those quotes are basically the crap he spews to people who don't agree with him.

• Right-winged extremists who shoot 9 black people in a church are part of modern day conservatism too. Anarchists who storm government buildings with AK-47s are also part of modern day liberalism.

There's a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable, and people need to know that even though they're two sides of the same coin, they don't always relate.

Modern day feminazis are part of modern day feminism, whether or not people want to admit it.

• How are anarchists part of liberalism?

Right-winged extremists who shoot 9 black people in a church are part of modern day conservatism too. Anarchists who storm government buildi

• Anarchy is a form of extreme liberalism. They don't want any form of government control.

How are anarchists part of liberalism?

• If something is so far over on the scale that they're considered something else, is it appropriate to still associate it with the former scale?

Anarchy is a form of extreme liberalism. They don't want any form of government control.

• No, they are, hence the coin reference. What I'm saying is that they might not hold the same values as people who might describe themselves as a "modern day feminist". Since feminazis claim to want to smother men, but feminists want equality. I was agreeing with Viva, actually.

If something is so far over on the scale that they're considered something else, is it appropriate to still associate it with the former scale?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.