Mira Has Fallen to the Dark Side?

If Cersei offered to use her influence as Queen Mother to help House Forrester in some way in exchange for betraying the imprisoned Tyrion (maybe there will be an option to testify against him) - would you do it?

Tyrion is the strongest character in the series in terms of cunning and he's probably too smart for Mira to manipulate the same way she did to his third cousin Lyman. From the trailer of a Nest of Vipers it does seem to appear that Mira might try to get some information from Tyrion whilst visiting him in prison.

Personally I'm quite conflicted - I don't want to betray Tyrion but might need to for the sake of securing Cersei's favor now that Tyrion isn't that valuable of an ally anymore, but he's also my favorite character and I wish Mira could stay friends with him, but the trailer does seem to emphasize that the story of the Forresters is taking a darker turning point.

If not betraying Tyrion = Not having Cersei's support = More Difficult to Save House Forrester, then my Mira may indeed have to make the difficult decision of allying against Tyrion, despite how he was arguably her first real ally in Kings Landing.

Cersei complements Mira for her skill in playing the game of thrones, but I plan to keep my guard up at this scene, since its likely Cersei herself is trying to manipulate Mira to her side, yet she does make the interesting remark of how Mira playing the game to help her family is a convenient lie covering up her genuinely enjoying the game - and the better she gets at the game the more ruthless and calculating she may have to become - in that regard, could Mira and Cersei turn out to be somewhat similar to each other?

Comments

• Honestly, I think that I will betray Tyrion if given the chance. He will escape to Essos and will not be able to get his revenge, so I assume that will not get back at me (at least not from him directly). With the position he's in right now, he can't really do anything while Cersei could save the Forresters. Considering all that, if Cersei wants me to testify against Tyrion, I will do it to save Mira's family.

• I like evil Mira.

The Rise of Darth Mira

• I like her evil too :P But I don't like the possible option of testifying against Tyrion. Normally I'd not betray a kind man, but I know what happens to him... and that makes it "easy" to betray him.

I like evil Mira. The Rise of Darth Mira

• Tyrion is a good guy but in King's Landing, it's do or die. I play each character differently but my Mira learned this quickly, she stole, she lies, she will betray anyone if she must. However, she understand allies and has both Sera and Tom as allies...Sadly, if one must sacrifice Tyrion to save her family...It must be done.

SoMuchSass posted: »

I like her evil too :P But I don't like the possible option of testifying against Tyrion. Normally I'd not betray a kind man, but I know what happens to him... and that makes it "easy" to betray him.

• You're completely right, you win or die. I'm sure we'll have to face the most difficult decisions as Mira again.

Tyrion is a good guy but in King's Landing, it's do or die. I play each character differently but my Mira learned this quickly, she stole, s

• I really hope not.

• This is kind of relevant but I like how she's wearing darker colors, doing more morally questionable stuff.

• I don't want to screw Tyrion over but I probably will. My house comes first. If Cersei can put me in a better position to save my family then I'll jump at the opportunity.

• Not symbolism, they just gave her a clothes change for the wedding day.

Here you can see her in her old clothes:

Alt text

This is kind of relevant but I like how she's wearing darker colors, doing more morally questionable stuff.

• I think that if you have the option to tell Tyrion the position we are in, he would understand. Tyrion knows all too well how Cersei operates, maybe he would help us regardless of us maybe having to betray him. We don't really have anything on him, so i assume we will have to ask him for info to give to Cersei.

Tyrion is a good guy but in King's Landing, it's do or die. I play each character differently but my Mira learned this quickly, she stole, s

• If it's for Mira's family then I will betrey Tryion, but I will regret it...

• I'm very well aware of the circumstances behind it all, but I kind of link them even though they aren't necessarily related.

And it was the coronation day?

Flog61 posted: »

Not symbolism, they just gave her a clothes change for the wedding day. Here you can see her in her old clothes:

• Margaery, Cersei, Mira, and Sera have been wearing darker colors in the last episode and will be in the next one because they were "mourning" for Joffery, their King.

Not symbolism, they just gave her a clothes change for the wedding day. Here you can see her in her old clothes:

• I know only what I hear from the TV show and from the game, so is Tyrion the type of man that would allow someone to betray him if he knew why and the reason was good?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I think that if you have the option to tell Tyrion the position we are in, he would understand. Tyrion knows all too well how Cersei operate

• His life is in game, so no he likes to live "death is to boring".

I know only what I hear from the TV show and from the game, so is Tyrion the type of man that would allow someone to betray him if he knew why and the reason was good?

• I don't think Cersei is the Dark side of the Force :D And if I will be given a choice - to side or not to side with Cersei, I will side with her. Margery didn't did anything of Mira's family and yet she expects me, as Mira, not to do anything either. If Cersei offers just a ironwood deal, it will be more than everything that bitch from the Highgarden have done so far for her handmaiden. And if I have to betray Tyrion for Cersei's approval, I'd do that(and I will regret, but it'll be the only way to help the family).

Oh, and I think the Sith name of Mira would be Darth Mirius :D :D

• I think it would depend on who was asking and what they were asking for (their reasons). Tyrion knows what Mira's situation is and he knows that her arrangement with him put her at greater risk. Tyrion has compassion for people who are good to him and a need to be liked... But, would it really be a betrayal if Mira asks his permission/advice?

I think it really depends on what state of mind he is in when Mira comes to speak to him. Has he given up or is he still fighting? I don't mean in general - because we know Tyrion will never give in to Cersei - but, just in that moment. Or maybe he thinks Mira will be able to help him somehow?

I know only what I hear from the TV show and from the game, so is Tyrion the type of man that would allow someone to betray him if he knew why and the reason was good?

• Sorry yeah mixed up days haha

But I really don't think it's symbolism..I've not been convinced that Telltale actually do symbolism or not. Lots is only there if you look specficially for it

I'm very well aware of the circumstances behind it all, but I kind of link them even though they aren't necessarily related. And it was the coronation day?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2015

I do like that TellTale is changing the outfits. Didn't happen too much in other game. Puts variety in, you know?

Sorry yeah mixed up days haha But I really don't think it's symbolism..I've not been convinced that Telltale actually do symbolism or not. Lots is only there if you look specficially for it

• Hmm, true. This might make a decision easier in the future. He seems like an honorable man, he should know that any court would side against him for just being him so he's fucked anyway. He obviously wouldn't want someone to suffer to defend him if it wouldn't do anything.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I think it would depend on who was asking and what they were asking for (their reasons). Tyrion knows what Mira's situation is and he knows

• I will testify against Tyrion if it helps please Cersei. I hate that woman, but I'd rather keep (or get) on her good side than be crushed by her.

Tyrion's story is already set in stone, wether we betray him or not is completley irrelevant to his plot, he will still escape, kill his father and flee to Essos. Only in one scenario, Cersei wants to kill us and in the other one she still wants to but might not do it.

• Exactly Golden Paladin.

Hmm, true. This might make a decision easier in the future. He seems like an honorable man, he should know that any court would side against

• I play multiple games, In my main one I usually do what I believe is morally right or what I would do in that situation. Unless its incredibly stupid or will get me killed. Which is probably what's going to happen when I try to side with Tyrion. Siding with him will get me nothing, but I'll feel guilty if I don't.

• edited July 2015

If only Mira's face could replace Sansa's here, then we'd have Darth Mirius:

Alt text

YForrester posted: »

I don't think Cersei is the Dark side of the Force And if I will be given a choice - to side or not to side with Cersei, I will side with h

• If we refuse to help Cersei = we do not get to help our family and we die

If we agree to help Cersei = we do not get to help our family and we hopefully don't die

• She's wearing the darker outfit in the other screenshot and in the trailer.

• I love dark Mira! I think I'd actually love for Mira and Cersei to form an alliance. This actually brings me back to two quotes from Episode 1: Iron from Ice

Cersei: It'd be a shame to see it fall into the hands of another House I imagine you'd do almost anything to keep that from happening wouldn't you?

Mira: Yes your grace I would do anything.

• If it were anyone else, I might consider betraying Tyrion as a necessary (though highly regrettable) action to take... but this is Cersei we're talking about here. I highly doubt she's gonna stick to her side of any offer she gives to Mira even if you've been brown-nosing her since ep 1. I don't trust her at all, and have no plans of doing so.

I sided with Maergery way back in episode 1 (basically flipped Cersei the bird in doing so) and have stayed firmly a supporter of Maergery ever since. I don't care what that bitchy Lannister offers, I'm not doing her dirty work.

• edited July 2015

Firstly ....

Alt text

and Secondly: We know that Tyrion will escape to Essos so I have no problem with telling Cersei what she wants to hear.

• Moraly right?

Alt text

PigeonPie posted: »

I play multiple games, In my main one I usually do what I believe is morally right or what I would do in that situation. Unless its incredib

• Definitely!

There's loads in episode 3 of TftB which was awesome :D

I do like that TellTale is changing the outfits. Didn't happen too much in other game. Puts variety in, you know?

• Actually the reason she is wearing black is because she is "in morning" because the king died the king being Joffrey. When a king dies everyone is expected to wear black as a sign of morning and respect. Anyone who doesn't adhere to this, would be seen as someone who does not mourn the death of the king and are being disrespectful. No body wants to be accused of being disrespectful of the king, especially if he died under suspicious circumstances or was out right murdered.

• edited July 2015

What I find interesting (of course I might just be over thinking it) is that in the trailer when Mira is speaking to Cersei she is wearing black. Now in an earlier post in this thread I mentioned that it is expected that everyone wears black as a sign of respect and mourning when a king or queen dies. So of course Mira would wear black and especially in front of Cersei. However in the screen shot when she is talking to Tyrion she is wearing her usual colours. If I am right in my thinking then this is very cunning on Mira's part. She wears black in public to show that she mourns the death of Joffery and when speaking to Cersei she wears it. Not to make Cersei believe that she mourns Joffery, but to lead her to believe that she respects Cersei and her authority as the Queen Mother. When she visits Tyrion she wears her usual colours, which is a sign of disrespect to Joffery. While Tyrion might view this as folly to so visibly show this to everyone, a part of him would be glad that she isn't patronising him by pretending to mourn him.

With regard to betraying Tyrion. He is one of my favourite characters and I would prefer not to. However if needs must then I would, he might not like it but I'm sure he'll understand my motive.

Which brings me to another possibility. Most people on these forums seem to be of the opinion that we must betray Tyrion and that we won't get a choice in the matter, which doesn't surprise me because I think that is what will most likely happen.

However what if, we are summoned by Cersei who knows we have been keeping company with Tyrion and has found out that he intends to call her as a witness. She will most likely offer to help us in some way if we testify against Tyrion. She doesn't really need us to get any sort of evidence as Tyrion has already been deemed guilty, the trial is just for show. Basically she wants us to get on the podium and lie, making up some sordid story that seems incriminating. Then Mira faced with the knowledge that she really has no other choice but publically speak out against Tyrion, decides to go and pay him a visit in his cell. She tells Tyrion what Cersei wants, which doesn't surprise him at all. I imagine Mira will express some regret at having to do it but sees no other option and saying that she would help if she could. Then Tyrion tells her that he understands and that she should do as Cersei has told her, he then suggests that maybe she could help him in some way. I'm not sure what that something could be, maybe help him in his escape in some minor way.

• This scenario does seem the most likely, or so I think.

I just wish it was possible for Mira and Tyrion to part on good terms :(

What I find interesting (of course I might just be over thinking it) is that in the trailer when Mira is speaking to Cersei she is wearing b

• It's not like we have a choice

We tell Tyrion about our situation , do what Cersi says , and done

We already lost a couple of allies in King's landing

• The moment Mira was asked about Sera's parentage I realized that no matter what choice we make, Sera's possible betrothal to Lord Tarwick is somehow already doomed - I had Mira choose the dark side and betray Sera's secret - if its going to fall apart anyway then I might as well try to secure Lord Tarwick's support.

HelloMyLord posted: »

It's not like we have a choice We tell Tyrion about our situation , do what Cersi says , and done We already lost a couple of allies in King's landing

• Cersei complements Mira for her skill in playing the game of thrones, but I plan to keep my guard up at this scene, since its likely Cersei herself is trying to manipulate Mira to her side, yet she does make the interesting remark of how Mira playing the game to help her family is a convenient lie covering up her genuinely enjoying the game - and the better she gets at the game the more ruthless and calculating she may have to become - in that regard, could Mira and Cersei turn out to be somewhat similar to each other?

I interpreted that scene kind of like Carver's talk with Clementine in Episode 203 of Walking Dead. Basically, I think that it's more likely in this case that Cersei is just playing mind games with Mira to make her second guess herself and the reasoning behind why she is doing all this. I'm playing my Mira as someone who is doing this for her family and not her personal amusement - as I imagine most are - but it's possible that Telltale may start allowing people to play a version of Mira that does enjoy manipulating and conning people for power. I think this episode looks like it's going to be heavily Mira focused, which is a good thing as I've been interested in taking a look at the more seedy and conniving side of King's Landing.

• I do like the idea of having the option to play a Mira who started out as only playing the game to help her family, but gradually become quite good at it to the point we can consider if her motivations are still as pure or if they've changed into something more secretly selfish.

Long Live Darth Mira.

Cersei complements Mira for her skill in playing the game of thrones, but I plan to keep my guard up at this scene, since its likely Cersei

Sign in to comment in this discussion.