Is ______'s plot armour really starting to get on anyone else's nerves?

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Well, I was entirely okay with Ramsay in episode one because it really helped set the tone for the game. But I'm irritated that we finally made progress only for the game to go "LOLOLOL nope, here's an invincible character here to ruin everything." The episode 5 trailer irritated me even more because of the whole "this is the price for disobedience. I shouldn't even be here right now but my +9001 plot armour allows for teleportation. HAHAHAHA INVINCIBILITY!!"

Comments

• Yup, it's bullshit.

• edited July 2015

Well, at the very least they could give us a non-canon bad ending where we get to kill Ramsay. That way some people can get their jollies off killing Ramsay, even if the game won't progress.

Like the scene in last EP where we get to kill Ludd Whitehill then everyone dies.

• edited July 2015

"Ahem" WHAAATTT... IT'S OVER 9000?!?!?!

Had to be done, but it does get annoying and not just with him. Not that we've had any of the big characters besides Ramsay kill/hurt our own, but it would be nice to get some interaction with Jon or Khalessie beyond just talking with them. I know for the most part we love to see these characters, but when all of them are protected by that armor from anything as slight as a hair being plucked, it does dampen the experience.

I wish we could get into a situation with Ramsay for example, and maybe have a duel and leave him with a scar instead of it being scripted that we lose the fight regardless. I know they're trying to stay true to the show/books but the show has done plenty of non-cannon things, why can't we do some of that here?

• Yes, a thousand times yes. Ramsay Snow must be the most annoying psychopath in all of Westeros. Im so sick of trying to appease him, when i already know theres no one sane home to appeal to. Also, isn't there something else, anything else he should be doing right now? They make him out to be this uber competent guy, when in reality (book Ramsay) he kept fucking shit up for Roose.

And the worst, like you said Lord Goss, is that we the player already know that there is nothing we can do to stop him, or hurt him, or even screw him over a bit. Stupid Ramsay.

• So irritating they made a plot armor guy killing a main character. I wouldn't care if he just came and pissed us off, but killing Ethan and coming back 4 episodes later is just so annoying, because he will live no matter what.

...unless they choose to go to season 6 in episode 6 and then killing Ramsay Snow, and he would also be dead in the show. But that ain't happening.

• Why is Telltale doing this... surely they realize if get Ramsay too involved in the plot its really going to highlight his plot armor, which no one else has, so it feels kind of out of place for anyone to be so untouchable and invincible yet mess around with the Forrester story arc as they please.

The Level of Ramsay's Plot Armor in Telltale:

Alt text

Unless we get to kill Ludd, there won't really be much closure with Ethan's death because of course Ramsay will get away with it easily. On the plus side however at least Telltale isn't overusing Ramsay, since he's only appeared in Episode 1 prior to his return in Episode 5, hopefully he'll get out of our sight and back to the Dreadfort by Episode 6.

I think what may be bothering a lot of players isn't at how he's playing too much of a major role while staying completely invincible (and knowing it?) - but that there's now two critical situations where he's been involved in and messes everything up (killed Ethan as he tried to negotiate the future of his house, will probably maim Rodrik just when an exchange was about to be made for Ryon) - and while this would normally be okay, in this case Ramsay can be categorized as a diabolus ex machina plot device.

• This right here is what Telltale needs to do.

FishySticks posted: »

Well, at the very least they could give us a non-canon bad ending where we get to kill Ramsay. That way some people can get their jollies of

• Ramsay's appearance is the new 'I got lucky''

BULLSHIT

• You summed up my feelings perfectly, thats why i could never get into TellTale's adaptation of Game of Thrones, you know in advance which characters are invincible, and the game just feels like a sidestory because of that.

• Yes. I'd love to put an axe in Ramsay's face even if it wasn't a canon choice and ended in a game over.

FishySticks posted: »

Well, at the very least they could give us a non-canon bad ending where we get to kill Ramsay. That way some people can get their jollies of

• I didn't mind him appearing and killing Ethan in the beginning too much just because it helped kick off the rest of the story but him coming back like "La la la you can't touch me! HAHAHAHAHAHA screw your progress!" is what ticks me off.

Ethan_Neck posted: »

So irritating they made a plot armor guy killing a main character. I wouldn't care if he just came and pissed us off, but killing Ethan and

• This is why The Walking Dead: Season 1 was so good. Because there weren't any characters from the Comics/TV show that made the Plot Armor thing flare up. Except for Glenn, But he was only here for One episode. And the Ramsay Snow thing is the Biggest problem this game suffers from.

• I'm sick of Ramsay, too. It's a cheap and easy way to put an immovable object in your path and bottleneck the story. I expect better out of Telltale.

• They all have plot armor, dont they? You go in knowing what youre getting unless you havent watched the show.

• Well there was Lily from the comics in season 1 too but for the most part you didn't want her dead until...well you know when you wanted her dead.

This is why The Walking Dead: Season 1 was so good. Because there weren't any characters from the Comics/TV show that made the Plot Armor th

• edited July 2015

Oh he'll be fine, don't worry

Rodrik becomes the next Reek

Well... damn it Ramsay...

• That wasn't Comic Lilly. It was confirmed by the writers. And I never wanted Lilly dead. I liked Lilly

Well there was Lily from the comics in season 1 too but for the most part you didn't want her dead until...well you know when you wanted her dead.

• that was only not comic lilly after episode 3 came out so technically she had plot armor while she was still in the game during episodes 1-3 it was intended to be that lilly

That wasn't Comic Lilly. It was confirmed by the writers. And I never wanted Lilly dead. I liked Lilly

• True, True.

Jewfreeus posted: »

that was only not comic lilly after episode 3 came out so technically she had plot armor while she was still in the game during episodes 1-3 it was intended to be that lilly

• edited July 2015

Really? I get liking her before the RV ride starts but once she starts losing it and kills Carley for no good reason I saw her as nothing better than a meat shield I could use later.

That wasn't Comic Lilly. It was confirmed by the writers. And I never wanted Lilly dead. I liked Lilly

• "Ahem" WHAAATTT... IT'S OVER 9000?!?!?!

Actually, the Line is, "WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!"

"Ahem" WHAAATTT... IT'S OVER 9000?!?!?! Had to be done, but it does get annoying and not just with him. Not that we've had any of the big

• Nobody knows if that Lilly is the same as our Lilly.

Well there was Lily from the comics in season 1 too but for the most part you didn't want her dead until...well you know when you wanted her dead.

• Right? I've been satisfied with the way they've used everyone else (Tyrion, Jon, Dany, etc.) because they're prominent figures in their respective locations and it would be weird NOT to see them at some point but having Ramsay come by to screw things over after making progress is just frustrating, especially since he has other things to do (like siege Moat Cailin.)

• Yes, but characters like Cersei, Tyrion, Jon, and Dany are fine because they're a big part of the areas they're located in and not seeing them would be odd. They don't hinder you in any extreme way (Cersei harasses you and Tyrion's arrest is an inconvenience, but that's fine because they aren't exploiting their plot armour and it helps to push along the story.) Ramsay makes a point of going after you directly and halts everything, and there is nothing to be done about it and there never will be. Even Ramsay killing Ethan at the beginning was fine because it helps with things like setting the tone, world-building, and kicking-off the other story lines. Ramsay also has other places to be like the Dreadfort, or Moat Cailin, or Winterfell, or literally anywhere but Ironrath.

KCohere posted: »

They all have plot armor, dont they? You go in knowing what youre getting unless you havent watched the show.

• I think that's what bugs me the most about Ramsay. The fact that there so many other things he's supposed to be doing, in so many places other than Ironrath. The North is fucking huge and there is no way in hell he could get everywhere he needs to, to be fulfilling all of his plot obligations. Of which there are many.

Yes, but characters like Cersei, Tyrion, Jon, and Dany are fine because they're a big part of the areas they're located in and not seeing th

• No but everyone complaining about it is really getting on my nerves. I'm glad Ramsay's back it'll be intense plus we need closure I'd be more annoyed if we never saw Ethans murderer again.

• It depends on what happens in ep 5. If Ramsay kills Rodrick or something, it will just be stupid because then Ill just look at him as the

"Cannon guy who fucks everything up and by the way, you cant hurt him. Ever."

• edited July 2015

I thought Ramsay was fine in the first few episodes.

However, Rodrik has just returned back to his home with all these elite archers (took them with him to visit the Whitehills).

Its empty apart from bloody Ramsay alone in the great hall.

Knowing Ramsay killed Ethan, the first thing Rodrik should have done was to fill Ramsay full of arrows or interrogate him :P

• Right? The distances between everything in the North is massive. There isn't any way Ramsay could travel between the Dreadfort, Moat Cailin, Ironrath, and Winterfell in the time that he does. I'm almost wondering if the "Ice Dragon" is referring to a dragon that Ramsay has stored away for long distance travel. At this rate Gared is going to get to the North Grove and find that Ramsay has already beaten him there, Asher is going to come into port and Ramsay will greet him at the docks, Mira will go to throne room to find Ramsay there waiting for her, and Red will come to find that Ramsay became Pokémon Champion before he did. It's frustrating.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I think that's what bugs me the most about Ramsay. The fact that there so many other things he's supposed to be doing, in so many places oth

• It won't be "intense" it'll just be frustrating because we already know nothing can possibly happen to him. Seeing him again is fine. Having him disrupt the plot and inconvenience us while hiding behind his plot armour is not.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No but everyone complaining about it is really getting on my nerves. I'm glad Ramsay's back it'll be intense plus we need closure I'd be more annoyed if we never saw Ethans murderer again.

• I liked her Before and After the RV. I've stated Many times on these Forums that I didn't choose Carley my first go-around, Because I didn't like her. When Doug died, I was in complete shock. I did not see it coming. But however, I could see Carley's death coming from a Mile away. Lilly had Justified reasons to Open fire on Carley. I love Lilly's character, Carley, not so much.

• You'll have to explain why Lily had reason to shoot Carley when all she was doing was trying to put a lid on the situation because Lily was going nuts and screaming. I don't see the difference or any justification between killing either person cause either way she just pulls the gun out and BLAM. Her suspicions were fine and obviously justified as we found out later but outright killing someone for nothing?

I liked her Before and After the RV. I've stated Many times on these Forums that I didn't choose Carley my first go-around, Because I didn't

• You'll have to explain why Lily had reason to shoot Carley when all she was doing was trying to put a lid on the situation because Lily was going nuts and screaming.

I'd gladly Explain this. Think about this for a second, What happens if you insult a Military trained Woman, whose Father was murdered right in front of her, And all she's trying to do is keep her survivor group safe from harm while a redneck man continues to scream at you, And she suspects you were the one putting them in danger? You get shot. Lilly's actions were completely Justified. Does that mean it was an okay thing to do? No. But she had reason to do so. She was pushed to the edge, And her group was put in danger. You'd probably do the same.

You'll have to explain why Lily had reason to shoot Carley when all she was doing was trying to put a lid on the situation because Lily was

• That just doesn't jive with me at all. That anger Lily has about her father being murdered is completely misdirected and is partly to blame for her shooting Carley, being upset does not get you a free pass to shoot someone, why couldn't she hit/pistol whip her instead of killing her? For someone who should be trained/disciplined by her obviously hardened father, she shows none of that and I, Lee the college teacher, showed more restraint than this woman through and through.

If by redneck man you mean Kenny, he was busy trying to get the zombie out from under the RV at the time, he kept telling them to calm down and when he finally finished and walked up, BLAM, not Kenny's fault. Again, this is a perfect example of Lily misdirecting her aggression at the wrong person. While yes the two were at each other's throats from the beginning, her total loss of control is closer to a psychopath at this point where she'll shoot either Carley/Doug.

It's not fair to say either that Carley got shot because Lily was suspecting her, she was suspecting everyone! This whole thing erupted because she was accusing Ben in the RV then jumped back and forth from accusing people once they stopped. This extreme paranoia is inexcusable again for someone who should be able to handle the stress better than everyone else. Lee had more close encounters with living and dead and managed to keep calm through most encounters despite the situation going from bad to total cluster fuck.

And I'd like to say no, I would not shoot someone just because they were yelling in my face. Lily lost all control and I don't mean of the situation, she was having a mental breakdown, a somewhat understandable breakdown but not justified when it ends with someone dying. Just because Carley finally spoke up and said what everyone was thinking and hit the nail on the head of what was going on with Lily, that does not make her death warranted.

Carley says that Lily is a scared little girl trying to be tough and she's right. Lily is afraid because she doesn't have complete control over the situation which became her biggest objective since her dad died, the last of her family and her only real connection with this group. It hits very strong with Lily given her pause and not saying anything and she shoots Carley because she doesn't want to hear this either and now Carley has become a problem in her mind.

Lily slipped into becoming a psychopath, this is further proven when she drives away if you take her with you, her mental state is unsteady and she wants to start over and get away from this situation she has no control over. I firmly believe she would have started killing more of us had she stayed.

So again, one instance of Carley speaking out and Lily's mental state, which should be more refined, does not justify her killing someone because she doesn't like them the most at that moment.

You'll have to explain why Lily had reason to shoot Carley when all she was doing was trying to put a lid on the situation because Lily was

• Good argument, and Great points. I have nothing further to say because I cannot top this at all. I may have my Opinion of Lilly, But this argument makes me want to reconsider. End of argument, You've won. You have a good day now.

That just doesn't jive with me at all. That anger Lily has about her father being murdered is completely misdirected and is partly to blame

• Hehe sorry about the long post but I do love to discuss. And it's not about winning, if either of us end up coming away saying, "Huh never thought of that" that's perfect. Thanks for the discussion, look forward to possibly more :)

Good argument, and Great points. I have nothing further to say because I cannot top this at all. I may have my Opinion of Lilly, But this argument makes me want to reconsider. End of argument, You've won. You have a good day now.

• I hope we'll chat in the near future as well My friend. :)

Hehe sorry about the long post but I do love to discuss. And it's not about winning, if either of us end up coming away saying, "Huh never thought of that" that's perfect. Thanks for the discussion, look forward to possibly more

• Can someone please swap models with Gryff for Ramsay?

Reeeeek!

It would make me happy... And I doubt i'll have any happines left after episode 5 :(

• Khalessie

Ugh.

"Ahem" WHAAATTT... IT'S OVER 9000?!?!?! Had to be done, but it does get annoying and not just with him. Not that we've had any of the big

Sign in to comment in this discussion.