Is ______'s plot armour really starting to get on anyone else's nerves?

Comments

• Are you groaning over a simple spelling mistake or what? If the former then I'd say to relax, that or you've got a lot of groaning to do as you look over the forums.

torkahn808 posted: »

Khalessie Ugh.

• When the fuck were we allowed to curse on here.

That just doesn't jive with me at all. That anger Lily has about her father being murdered is completely misdirected and is partly to blame

• Didn't know it wasn't allowed. I think if you just don't overuse the words or use them towards someone then you'll be fine to use them.

When the fuck were we allowed to curse on here.

• Ice Dragon turns out to be a underground bullet train running all throughout the North and apparently Kanto too? lol

Right? The distances between everything in the North is massive. There isn't any way Ramsay could travel between the Dreadfort, Moat Cailin,

• edited July 2015

Alt text

I hate it too.

• Alt text

he's just popping in to collect on his taxes #wardenprobs haha

• It is getting on my nerves too. Having had so much progress come crashing down due to Ramsay and his plot armor is bullshit. No matter what Ramsay does, he always moonwalks away without a scratch. And as others have said, he has several other places he should be instead of fucking everything up for the Forresters.

• Yeah his plot armor is pretty unsetteling, all I wanted to do is kill him and dump his body somewhere.
    Ramsay is known for roaming around the north doing shit, its not like Rose would suspect a third tier house killing his bastard, over a disgruntled vassal like the manderlys. Next episode would be perfect for that , he "seems" to be alone and you can have a retinue of 20 "elite" men with you, after killing him you could dump him somewhere in the north or flay him and put a shield next to him " The north remembers" just away from forrester lands, maybe on Whitehill lands, but that could rise suspicions

• Why hasn't anyone pointed out Rodrik's plot armor? Surely being stabbed and crushed by a horse is certain death. What about Bigby's plot armor in TWAU? We knew no matter what the situation he was going to get out unscathed. What about Mike's plot armor which ruined a major choice in the final episode and replaced it with a joke. People are so hypocritical about "plot armor". It only suits them when they want it to

• Playable characters generally always have plot armour in all games ever. The only time they ever really lose it is when the game ends with their death. The main issue isn't just plot armour, it's abuse of plot armour. It sucks having a canon character wreaking havoc on the playable character, especially since nothing can happen to him whereas Rodrik CAN lose his plot armour (with Asher returning to Westeros this is starting to seem somewhat likely.) Plus, Rodrik's plot armour actually advanced the story rather than hindering it.

Clemenem posted: »

Why hasn't anyone pointed out Rodrik's plot armor? Surely being stabbed and crushed by a horse is certain death. What about Bigby's plot arm

• I think, (just my 2 cents) its the reference to Danaerys as just Kahleesi. Which is not the characters name, but most of the internet seems to think it is and refers to her only as Kahleesi.

Which, when you think about it, is kinda worth a sigh.

Are you groaning over a simple spelling mistake or what? If the former then I'd say to relax, that or you've got a lot of groaning to do as you look over the forums.

• Too funny Lord Goss!

Right? The distances between everything in the North is massive. There isn't any way Ramsay could travel between the Dreadfort, Moat Cailin,

• Plus, Rodrik's plot armour actually advanced the story rather than hindering it.

For you maybe. Rodrik surviving was as bad as Kenny surviving for some. It dies bother me and I don't see how it made his story so much better other than being named Rodrik the Ruined.

canon character wreaking havoc on the playable character

Lmao but the same shit happens in the show. Ramsay does terrible things to Theon, Sansa etc and gets away with it. The only real difference here is that we know he's going to get away with it which is something we pretty much know is gonna happen in the show anyway

Playable characters generally always have plot armour in all games ever. The only time they ever really lose it is when the game ends with t

• In the show there is nothing other than the story stopping the characters from harming him. They have as much plot armour as he does. In the game there is literally NOTHING that can be done to him. Ever. Rodrik surviving wasn't that big an issue, stab wounds and being crushed by a horse are survivable, the journey home from the Twins raises some questions though but ultimately wasn't that big an issue. In the show Ramsay's not likely to get away with things much longer, he'll be killed by the Northern Lords , Stannis, or Roose before long. Kenny surviving wasn't a big issue either, walkers are slow and stupid, anyone killed by them is incompetent.

Plus, Rodrik's plot armour actually advanced the story rather than hindering it. For you maybe. Rodrik surviving was as bad as Kenny

• Rodrik surviving wasn't that big an issue, stab wounds and being crushed by a horse are survivable,

While in the midst of a slaughter? No. Him being the only one surviving in the cart and regaining consciousness just before arriving at Ironrath seems like a problem.

Kenny surviving wasn't a big issue either, walkers are slow and stupid, anyone killed by them is incompetent.

Strength in numbers means more to some than others. Being surrounded and overpowered by multiple zombies in a very tight or secluded space doesn't make you an incompetent idiot

In the show there is nothing other than the story stopping the characters from harming him. They have as much plot armour as he does. In the

• I think helplessness is a powerful emotion, and one rarely conveyed in video games.

This is one way of creating it. It might not be perfect, but it certainly helped the sense of helplessness at the end of episode 1. Realistically you can't avenge everything that happens to you.

• War horses weigh about 1000kg. 1000.

If a war horse fell on your hips, your bones would be crushed.

You might survive, but you'd be permanently paralysed, especially with the rather backwards medecine in Game of Thrones.

It would also cause massive amounts of internal bleeding. He would certainly have died in the long trip from the site of the wedding to Ironrath - days without food, water, or medical attention.

Him surviving as he did, and healing like this, is not realistic at all.

In the show there is nothing other than the story stopping the characters from harming him. They have as much plot armour as he does. In the

• "Mind over matter." Yes it does, if you're stupid enough to get surrounded by zombies then you are an incompetent idiot, the walkers were distracted by Ben and ignored Kenny, I had no issue with that, Kenny used his brains. Being in the midst of a slaughter improves Rodriks odds because no one's going to bother making sure he's dead, people have survived worse. The trip back to Ironrath is questionable but not unforgivable.

Rodrik surviving wasn't that big an issue, stab wounds and being crushed by a horse are survivable, While in the midst of a slaughte

• its that or get flayed. reek is a character the George rr martain created so wouldn't be copyright from tell-tale ?? :/

Oh he'll be fine, don't worry Rodrik becomes the next Reek Well... damn it Ramsay...

• until he dies in the show then he will probably die in game to.

Poogers555 posted: »

It depends on what happens in ep 5. If Ramsay kills Rodrick or something, it will just be stupid because then Ill just look at him as the "Cannon guy who fucks everything up and by the way, you cant hurt him. Ever."

• Yup, and since "Khaleesi" is Dothraki for "Khal's lady" she isn't even that anymore. She should be a Dosh Khaleen if anything, but she isn't either.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I think, (just my 2 cents) its the reference to Danaerys as just Kahleesi. Which is not the characters name, but most of the internet seems to think it is and refers to her only as Kahleesi. Which, when you think about it, is kinda worth a sigh.

• edited July 2015

He is healing WAAAAY too fast, I had a horse fall on my leg once and it's still kinda meh, that was three years ago and it just recently got to the point I can walk on it without help (cane or crutches). He was wearing plate armour though, that's probably the main reason I'm okay with his survival. I consider the trip back to Ironrath to be iffy, I was okay with letting slide to advance the story but I wish they'd have done something else like getting Rodrik back from the Twins for a ransom, or having Norren and co. find him. We can last a while without food or water (and maybe it rained? I don't know) but infection should have had more serious consequences. Like total loss of limb(s) type consequences .

Flog61 posted: »

War horses weigh about 1000kg. 1000. If a war horse fell on your hips, your bones would be crushed. You might survive, but you'd be pe

• Ironically I like the idea, as of right now the Boltons aren't even the main enemy of the Forresters anyhow, it's them vs the various elements. These would consist of losing Lord Forrester (twice now), awaiting Asher's army, and Mira's monetary support. Every time I see Ramsay, I cheer because I love a good villain, and I know hell is going to break loose; albeit temporarily. Don't forget the game is about each characters reaction in the face of adversity. Not every story ends up with the most sinister character being quelled, sometimes the goody-two shoes just doesn't prevail, be wary of that especially in Game of Thrones.

• Well for one thing, her name is Daenerys. Not Khaleesi. She hasn't been "Khaleesi" since Khal Drogo died. Yes. I am groaning over a simple spelling mistake because people like you refer to her as "Khaleesi." If you're going to do that, at least spell it correctly.

Are you groaning over a simple spelling mistake or what? If the former then I'd say to relax, that or you've got a lot of groaning to do as you look over the forums.

• I wish we get to speak with Roose one day.He seems much more reasonable.

• Come on guys, Telltale is awesome, they have something planned for us and i'm sure they wouldn't throw someone with plot armor without something very good planned.

• Not really. It's GoT, we're not supposed to feel like we're making progress.

• Fuck, i would love to see her taken back to Dosh Kahleen and put in her place!

Yup, and since "Khaleesi" is Dothraki for "Khal's lady" she isn't even that anymore. She should be a Dosh Khaleen if anything, but she isn't either.

• edited July 2015

Well no shit that's not her name it's just a title obviously but since it was her title at all, I'll keep using it, And you can keep on groaning then since I don't see it as a big deal, it's a title she had so what's the harm in using it? "Because that's not her title anymore!" So? You still clearly know who I'm referring to so relax. I bounce between using her name, nick name, and other titles frequently so if you don't like me using one in particular, I suggest you sigh and move on.

torkahn808 posted: »

Well for one thing, her name is Daenerys. Not Khaleesi. She hasn't been "Khaleesi" since Khal Drogo died. Yes. I am groaning over a simple s

• I do know it's not her name but I like to hop from her name to her titles pretty frequently. Saying her name over and over again just gets boring to me when someone has so many different titles/names.

I think, (just my 2 cents) its the reference to Danaerys as just Kahleesi. Which is not the characters name, but most of the internet seems to think it is and refers to her only as Kahleesi. Which, when you think about it, is kinda worth a sigh.

• It's not her title anymore. Almost all of her titles are false. "Dany" is easier to say/type than her former (now false) title of "Khaleesi"

I do know it's not her name but I like to hop from her name to her titles pretty frequently. Saying her name over and over again just gets boring to me when someone has so many different titles/names.

• The harm in using it is that it's wrong. We know who you are refering to because she is the only Khaleesi ever met in the books. Her titles are false and shouldn't be used. Khaleesi is "Khal's wife" she isn't the wife of a Khal anymore. Dothraki society is so terribly sexist it's female members don't even warrant their own title, of all her false titles "Khaleesi" should be used the least.

Well no shit that's not her name it's just a title obviously but since it was her title at all, I'll keep using it, And you can keep on groa

• I get that too, but it's my favorite out of all of them and that was my favorite period of time with her, seeing that transformation from a shy/ weak girl to a strong/confident character. So by default that's my favorite thing to call her by, and I just don't see the issue with calling her by that, just a former title.

It's not her title anymore. Almost all of her titles are false. "Dany" is easier to say/type than her former (now false) title of "Khaleesi"

• False or wrong or not I guess I really don't care, I'm going to keep using it. I just don't see it as a big problem so, there ya go.

The harm in using it is that it's wrong. We know who you are refering to because she is the only Khaleesi ever met in the books. Her titles

• If that's what you want to do, go ahead. But just know that it's confusing for some, and frustrating for others.

It's like if everyone was still calling Ned the Warden of the North.... 'Roose is the Warden now, but, Ned used to be, so that's what i like to call him.'

I get that too, but it's my favorite out of all of them and that was my favorite period of time with her, seeing that transformation from a

• "Yeah, the King is my favorite character!"

If that's what you want to do, go ahead. But just know that it's confusing for some, and frustrating for others. It's like if everyone wa

• "The one true king, Your Grace".

"Yeah, the King is my favorite character!"

• I just HATE how uncomfortable he makes me feel. 8U; Yeesh, they really did a good job at making him as creepy and slimy as possible, ugh.

• The entire episode felt a bit flat too me. I think everyone roughly knows how this will end up now and we all know everything we've done won't come into force.

• that would be awesome for roose would pop up in episode 6 because of all the trouble his son is causing but i 99.9% doubt that will happen

greensenpai posted: »

I wish we get to speak with Roose one day.He seems much more reasonable.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.