How will we find the traitor?

Title. I see that so many people are thinking about who the traitor is, but what about how we'll actually find out who the traitor is?

Do you think they'll confess at some point? Maybe we'll just walk in on them writing a message to Ludd about our latest meeting?

Comments

• Just a few days and we will find out,friend.

• edited July 2015

Rodrik will use his brilliant detective skills to analyze all the evidence, figure out the identity of the traitor and then gathers all the suspect in the main hall before revealing who it is.

Alt text

Detective Rodrik Poirot is on the case.

• My all time favourite detective merged with my favourite character from this game? Headcannon accepted.

Rodrik will use his brilliant detective skills to analyze all the evidence, figure out the identity of the traitor and then gathers all the suspect in the main hall before revealing who it is. Detective Rodrik Poirot is on the case.

• The most effective way is to wait for him to betray you, then there'll be no doubts on who the traitor is :p

• By killing the Maester. Don't even think about it...Just stab him.

• The most effective way would be to tell each of them a different (fake) information in private and then ask Gwyn what she learned.

• This, just do this... repeatedly

By killing the Maester. Don't even think about it...Just stab him.

• There is no reason we wouldn't, I don't understand how people don't think it's the Maester. He's suspicious as hell, the only thing that made me question it was Gryff beating him up but even that has excuses.

This, just do this... repeatedly

• Abeille posted: »

The most effective way would be to tell each of them a different (fake) information in private and then ask Gwyn what she learned.

• edited July 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDIMhJQ0nkw&list=PL08BDC6317FE9141F&index=8

i agree with you abeille - definitely worked for tyrion

Abeille posted: »

The most effective way would be to tell each of them a different (fake) information in private and then ask Gwyn what she learned.

• By saying:

Rodrik- Mom, are you the traitor?

Elissa- Yes, Rodrik.

Rodrik- ROYLAND! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

• By fixing this broken game.

• the only reason that people don't think it's the maester is because it's way too obvious

There is no reason we wouldn't, I don't understand how people don't think it's the Maester. He's suspicious as hell, the only thing that made me question it was Gryff beating him up but even that has excuses.

• that's genius

• Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice.

the only reason that people don't think it's the maester is because it's way too obvious

• Yup, that had me cock my head and go, "Wait a minute" at the time but after I thought about it it still makes sense, my reasoning is simply that Gryff hasn't been told who the traitor is even if he does know. There's just no one else that fits the bill the way he does, the only thing we're missing is motive.

There is no reason we wouldn't, I don't understand how people don't think it's the Maester. He's suspicious as hell, the only thing that made me question it was Gryff beating him up but even that has excuses.

• It's not a bad idea, but if they were to confer with the others then there's the chance for the whole thing to wash.

• the only thing we're missing is motive.

This is most likely wrong but I like to think it's Ludd's child who went to the Citadel.

Yup, that had me cock my head and go, "Wait a minute" at the time but after I thought about it it still makes sense, my reasoning is simply

• I think you're on the right track, we do know one of his sons went to become a Maester and it's not too farfetched to think that maybe the Whitehill Maester and ours were friends there and perhaps that's why he's sided with them? A solid friendship (or more) can change everything in this series.

the only thing we're missing is motive. This is most likely wrong but I like to think it's Ludd's child who went to the Citadel.

• Hell, maybe our Maester is his son but disguised...Probably wrong again but a possibility.

I think you're on the right track, we do know one of his sons went to become a Maester and it's not too farfetched to think that maybe the W

• What are you talking about.

No_username posted: »

By fixing this broken game.

• Black screen glitch on PS3.

• What @Abeilla said, give them different information and see what Gwyn knows.

• i agree, but Telltale often likes to be crazy with their stories. I agree that the most likely scenario is the Maester, but it could be the mother too. I highly doubt it's either Duncan or Royland, just because of how loyal and fanatical they are to House Forrester.

Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice.

• Probably someone who's weak and is willing to offer things/sacrifice for their own safety/others or lying?? Really not sure.

• Poirot is your favourite? But Sherlock is the greatest fictional detective of all time, while Poirot is good, Sherlock is better. Though Poirot does have more style I'll admit...

My all time favourite detective merged with my favourite character from this game? Headcannon accepted.

• Hmm, maybe, I guess we'll find out soon.

i agree, but Telltale often likes to be crazy with their stories. I agree that the most likely scenario is the Maester, but it could be the

• Correction: Detective Urban Rodrik will do that (Now back to punching gryff)

Rodrik will use his brilliant detective skills to analyze all the evidence, figure out the identity of the traitor and then gathers all the suspect in the main hall before revealing who it is. Detective Rodrik Poirot is on the case.

• Probably someone gave you a shitty copy of the game. All versions run fine.

Black screen glitch on PS3.

• Nope, go to support > Game of Thrones > PS3. Look at how all the people whoplayed the game on PS3 and had more than one save file has been experiencing this issue. This isn't some garbage copy that I got, this is all on Telltale. Not to mention that they're basically doing absolutely nothing to fix this issue despite knowing full well about the glitch. Telltale literally has the worst, most f**ed up customer service I've ever experienced.

Probably someone gave you a shitty copy of the game. All versions run fine.

• Try logging out of your PSN and logging into an offline account. Then try running it.

If it doesn't work then try to make a new PSN account. I've ran it on the PS3 version and had no problems at all..

Nope, go to support > Game of Thrones > PS3. Look at how all the people whoplayed the game on PS3 and had more than one save file has

• I've already tried going offline, it doesn't work at all. I deleted the game and reinstalled it, which worked fine until I quit and came back later only to realize the black screen came back. So I tried deleting and reinstalling it again, and it didn't work. When I try to use a different PS3 user without a psn account it works fine, but since my save files are on another user, I would have to start all over again. I'm definitely not ready to abandon my save files and start from scratch just yet. If the update that comes with the release of episode 5 doesn't somehow fix this, I probably won't buy a telltale game ever again.

Try logging out of your PSN and logging into an offline account. Then try running it. If it doesn't work then try to make a new PSN account. I've ran it on the PS3 version and had no problems at all..

• This is my opinion. If you look at the family tapestry at Highpoint, Gwyn gets this look on her face, like she's terrified. Why would she be afraid unless there was a chance we would recognize one of them.

I've said it before, it would make Ludd a waaay better opponent/villian if he has been planning this for so long that he sent one of his sons to become a Maester, specifically so that he could infiltrate the Forresters house and wait for the opportunity to take them down.

As for Gryff not recognizing his own brother... It could be that Gryff was too young when he left for the Citadel to remember him well. Or, it could be that Gryff knows exactly what's going on and just took a long waited for opportunity to get back at his brother when he cannot retaliate. Or, like others have said, Gryff is considered too volatile (by Ludd) to be told all of the Whitehills plans, and is in the dark with regards to their spy.

Hell, maybe our Maester is his son but disguised...Probably wrong again but a possibility.

• Well, your best hope is to contact Telltale about this problem. They'll give you another copy of the game from Episode 4 or help you fix the game. If you already tried that then you're probably fucked.

I hope Episode 5 will fix this, otherwise..

I've already tried going offline, it doesn't work at all. I deleted the game and reinstalled it, which worked fine until I quit and came bac

• I still like to think The Maester didn't even want to be apart of the plan, he constantly states how he didn't want to be sent to a small house. He probably went to the Citadel hoping to get away from it all and his father forced the plan.

Gryff...He either doesn't know about it or he wants revenge. Gwyn states that they always mistreated him and now Gryff can have his revenge.

It's a good theory to me, probably wrong, but I am going to think of it as fact.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

This is my opinion. If you look at the family tapestry at Highpoint, Gwyn gets this look on her face, like she's terrified. Why would she be

• Headcanon until it's not!

I still like to think The Maester didn't even want to be apart of the plan, he constantly states how he didn't want to be sent to a small ho

• I feel your pain No_Username. I had this problem too for quite a while on PS3, but last week i re-downloaded everything and it all works great now. Which is awesome, cuz i was getting really frustrated. You should try to download the episodes again, hopefully it works for you too.

Black screen glitch on PS3.

• I did that and it worked fine, but then when I started up the game a second time, it came back. I tried reinstalling it again, black screen.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I feel your pain No_Username. I had this problem too for quite a while on PS3, but last week i re-downloaded everything and it all works gre

• That really sucks man. I hope the Ep.5 update sorts it all out for you.

I did that and it worked fine, but then when I started up the game a second time, it came back. I tried reinstalling it again, black screen.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.