Episode 5 Trailer & the Nods to Certain characters.

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Whew-- Man, the Trailer is devastating & cryptic. It makes you're mind wonder & flitter to many of the possible outcomes for every character featured in the Trailer & what is going. But yanno, I also like that there are ( possible ) nods to characters in the trailers. I've spent a lot of time on the game due to making fan videos for characters & the game as a whole. & well-- I got to admit, we might not see certain characters, such as the Maester, Royland, Duncan, or Malcolm. But it still seems to include them in little ways.

So, First off. Ramsay's Knife.

Alt text

Looks very similar to a certain Maester's we see in Episode One.

Alt text

& then in the scene in the Ironwoods with Talia as she says, "No, please."

Alt text

Could it possibly be Duncan's sleeve? Of course, the Bolton soldiers were also wearing similar sleeves as well. But that little slip we get doesn't look like armor. So, Duncan? Maybe?

But then. Back to the brief three second flash of Ramsay picking up the knife. There are quite a lot of theories. & I can honestly say that I believe it could be Gryff too. I've ruled out Rodrik due to the fact that he doesn't have heels/heights on his boots in episode four ( But Telltale could have messed up here too. ). But if it's Gryff... Why is Talia standing beside him ( as her grey-blue dress are beside these boots )? & if it's Rodrik... Where are the men holding him in place?

Alt text

Rodrik & Gryff we know to wear really dark black boots. But what if it isn't Rodrik or Gryff? What if, instead, it's Ser Royland Degore? We know he's fiercely protective of the Forresters-- he could have stepped in between Talia & Ramsay. Getting himself hurt in the process, which is why Ramsay has to pick up the blade again. & if you wonder where I believe his boots are black. Well, I can show you-- Episode Two.

Alt text

& these boots look like they have similar shading, but as I'll say, this is theorizing. It's pure speculation.

Yet later, we get another sleeve. ( Wtf Telltale. )

Alt text

& it's not the black sleeves that Royland has. Nor does it look like the dark navy blue that Duncan has. It looks more turquoise or a possible brown; but in this case, it is not the bracer of the sentinel if it is brown-- as the grooves of the bracer are lacking. So, it could be the Maester or Arthur or a Glenmore Soldier.

As for Malcolm, I've seen no small signs of him. So, it makes me worry as he could possibly be dead due to Dany having threatened his life in the last episode if we didn't follow Croft's orders. ( But if he still dies, even if we followed Croft's Orders, then that's lazy writing. )

So, yeah. This is what I've noticed from the Trailer & the pure speculation // possible showings of them in the trailer without fully giving us anything substantial on them. Since really, our choices for Traitor, seemed to narrow down quickly to Royland, Duncan, & Ortengryn after Elissa proved herself by making sure they killed the ravens after Gryff's capture to prevent word getting to Ludd Whitehill. & as I've said, this is speculation. I could be just reading way too far into the lines about it. But I certainly believe it could be nods to the three traitor candidates.

Comments

• Lol, the title says Season 5 instead of episode 5.

• It's 1 am where I am. Lol. Whoops. I'm tired but also an Insomniac... Can't always function. Lemme fix that.

Lol, the title says Season 5 instead of episode 5.

• edited July 2015

The third picture could be Royland's/Duncan's depends if you Choose who should be sentinal. Talia won't be the one who will see Rodrik to suffer.

• Yes, perhaps. I don't have any gameplay with my second canon playthrough, with Duncan as Sentinel, on my computer, just my first canon playthrough so far-- since I'm doing my best to conserve memory. So, I'm not sure if he wears light black boots or dark black boots. But if he does-- Tell me, I suppose?

Killah posted: »

The third picture could be Royland's/Duncan's depends if you Choose who should be sentinal. Talia won't be the one who will see Rodrik to suffer.

• Wow if it was Royland I'd flip shit.

• Like Killah mentioned. This could actually be the determinant scene. Where Ramsay could flay your Sentinel or something. Not sure. But if this actually happens in the episode; I don't think it's Gryff since Talia is standing beside this person or it could be Rodrik as they are forced to watch on at whoever is being flayed or hurt or tortured & Ramsay has turned back to give some more threats before leaving.

Wow if it was Royland I'd flip shit.

• Right? Royland's the only council member I really like. I don't care much for Duncan, Ortengryn, or Lady Forrester, but I really like Royland. I was terrified when I had him attack Gryff in episode 3 and it looked like Harys was going to kill him, it's the only choice in any Telltale Game that actually made me go "Oh crap, I really messed that up!" even if he wasn't killed in the end.

Wow if it was Royland I'd flip shit.

• i was like noooo not like Ethan don't force me into another definite death no! Then the first good sight of valar morghulis.

Right? Royland's the only council member I really like. I don't care much for Duncan, Ortengryn, or Lady Forrester, but I really like Roylan

• edited July 2015

I like Royland too, but if he turned out as the traitor...well fuck.

Right? Royland's the only council member I really like. I don't care much for Duncan, Ortengryn, or Lady Forrester, but I really like Roylan

• If Royland turns out to be the traitor, then he's the Littlefinger of the North.

Killah posted: »

I like Royland too, but if he turned out as the traitor...well fuck.

• Royland's my favorite out of the council. Possibly due to the fact that I roleplay him on tumblr, but also because he's pretty terrifying & an asshole. That has some kind of lure for me, probably because I am an asshole too. But there's also the fact that the Forresters treat him like family & when it's just them behind closed doors or like out in the ironwoods in Episode four; they don't bother to address him by his title. It's "Royland" & I think it stems from when he was first taken in after the Balon Greyjoy Rebellion, where Gregor probably started treating him a certain way to make him feel less lonely or less of the loss of his family by getting the kids to warm up to him. shrug. Just my line of thinking anyways. & I worry about him, because he's also the most expendable of the council; he doesn't exactly have any "plot armor" except for being like a relative to the Forresters & being a Military Genius, which will come in handy if there is ever a big battle. I have predicted early on after Episode Two that he could die this season too, so if he does, I suppose it might be my fault. :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.