Episode 5 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/Xbox One/Xbox 360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• I'm pretty sure I just got something spoiled as well, but I'm not exactly sure since I was too scared to click or read further into it. Telltale should just release the episode already, before everyone else gets the story spoiled for them. We shouldn't have to worry about spoilers for a game that hasn't even released yet. We're all paying for their mistake with the glitch.

Yeah, he spoiled it for me because it still appeared in my Feed. You know who you are...

• edited July 2015

Yeah, seriously, why did that person think commenting that was a good idea? I'm not gonna say a name, but goddamn, THINK THINGS THROUGH before you click "Post Reply"!

Giraffehat posted: »

The spoiler you got was exactly the one I was talking about. Seven Fucking Hells.

• People that haven't asked for spoilers despite the temptation, do raise your hand!

I remain strong

• I'm not gonna claim to know exactly how the episode release thing works, but I think it's up to Valve and Sony to release the episode at this point, not TellTale.

I'm pretty sure I just got something spoiled as well, but I'm not exactly sure since I was too scared to click or read further into it. Tell

• Me.

I didn't have to ask. I got them anyway :L

Timcanpy posted: »

People that haven't asked for spoilers despite the temptation, do raise your hand! I remain strong

• Alt text

Shhhh, it's okay. If it makes you feel better, i am a random user too. We all are! Like one big family!

I'm not just some random user! I'm Percival "Giraffehat" Quackerton, legendary Goose and important YouTube celebrity. lol jk im a nobody. haha ha... ha... haha...

• It's been a tough. Only three more days left.

People that haven't asked for spoilers despite the temptation, do raise your hand! I remain strong

• Mind if I PM you about it? I think he was implying something other than the obvious thing.

Yeah, seriously, why did that person think commenting that was a good idea? I'm not gonna say a name, but goddamn, THINK THINGS THROUGH before you click "Post Reply"!

• Alt text

You aren't going to stop, aren't you Giraffe?

• I'd rather not be given any potential spoilers. I've been thinking about how what he said could play out. I'm actually just gonna leave the forums now until after I play the episode.

Mind if I PM you about it? I think he was implying something other than the obvious thing.

• Fair enough, I was just speculating.

I'd rather not be given any potential spoilers. I've been thinking about how what he said could play out. I'm actually just gonna leave the forums now until after I play the episode.

• Actually: 2 days, 25 mins, 40 secs

It's been a tough. Only three more days left.

• I haven't asked for spoilers, because I hate spoilers. :P

• I somehow managed not to get spoiled and I'm thinking of not even visiting the forums anymore til Tuesday. It's dangerous out there ;_;

Me. I didn't have to ask. I got them anyway :L

• Me too actually. I feel like if I knew what's going to happen the game wouldn't do it for me anymore. That's the charm of a Telltale game anyway so why spoil it for myself. xD

Pipas posted: »

I haven't asked for spoilers, because I hate spoilers. :P

• Yep, nearly there! Growing impatient for Tuesday the more I think about it. Problem solved I guess. Don't think about it. Yea..

It's been a tough. Only three more days left.

• Night gathers, and now my Watch begins. It shall not end until Tuesday. I shall take no leaks, hold no speculations, father no fanfics. I shall wear no achievements, and win no Xboxes. I shall live and die at my computer. I am the dweller in the basement. I am the Watcher on the thread. I am the shield that guards the forums of gamers. I pledge my life and honor to the Spoiler Watch, for this night, and all the nights to come.

• What time does it release on Tuesday usually?

Yep, nearly there! Growing impatient for Tuesday the more I think about it. Problem solved I guess. Don't think about it. Yea..

• Alt text

• edited July 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHKU4znvo8

just kidding - i wish i had enough self control not to look at spoilers haha

• Me Too Pipas

• 6pm or 7pm GMT. Most likely 6pm.

What time does it release on Tuesday usually?

• Me 3.

• Night gathers, and now my Watch begins. It shall not end until Tuesday. I shall take no leaks, hold no speculations, father no fanfics. I shall wear no achievements, and win no Xboxes. I shall live and die at my computer. I am the dweller in the basement. I am the Watcher on the thread. I am the shield that guards the forums of gamers. I pledge my life and honor to the Spoiler Watch, for this night, and all the nights to come.

Night gathers, and now my Watch begins. It shall not end until Tuesday. I shall take no leaks, hold no speculations, father no fanfics. I sh

• Alt text

Night gathers, and now my Watch begins. It shall not end until Tuesday. I shall take no leaks, hold no speculations, father no fanfics. I sh

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Guys.

STOP posting your reactions to the episode. Even if your reaction is vague and spoiler free, it does not belong here at all.

Likewise for the rest of you, STOP asking for people to PM you spoilers or to give their reactions to the episode.. This isn't what the thread is for. This thread is for people who haven't played yet. Stop spoiling the episode for people who haven't played yet.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Who did? Feel free to PM me the user who spoiled you and where it was at.

Well, someone already spoiled part of the episode for me...thanks...

• Who spoiled it? I explicitly asked people to keep spoilers in threads meant for people who already played, and this is not acceptable. Feel free to PM me whoever carelessly and rudely spoiled the episode for you, and I'll handle it.

Yeah, he spoiled it for me because it still appeared in my Feed. You know who you are...

• I somehow managed not to get spoiled and I'm thinking of not even visiting the forums anymore til Tuesday. It's dangerous out there ;_;

We're trying to increase Moderator activity to prevent spoilers being shared for people who don't want them, but that being said, avoiding the forums until the official release wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to be careful. Sorry about all this. :(

I somehow managed not to get spoiled and I'm thinking of not even visiting the forums anymore til Tuesday. It's dangerous out there ;_;

• Who posted the spoiler? I imagine the post is already flagged by another Moderator, but I want to know who did so though.

WELL! A certain very discourteous individual has spoiled something in a thread that had no spoiler warning. I reported it though, so all you

• Can i join?

• [removed]

• Is there a shortage of moderators to prevent spoilers being shared or is it just that you guys are often inactive at the wrong times? Regardless, no one blames the mods for an error that Telltale made. We appreciate all the work you guys put in.

I somehow managed not to get spoiled and I'm thinking of not even visiting the forums anymore til Tuesday. It's dangerous out there ;_;

• It's a combination of things. An isolated instance of this happened with Borderlands Episode 3 on the forums where a single user had previously discovered the same exploit that people are now using for Game of Thrones Episode 5, but since it was a single user here on the forums, we were able to prevent spoilers. However, people discovered how to use this exploit on other forums and it's spreading like wildfire so it just caught us off guard how much worse things turned out this time around. I guess you could say we previously were active at the wrong times, but we're trying to fix that as well by increasing our activity. We've never had a leak this large happen where so many people were able to access the episode days early, so we're trying to figure out how to proceed.

So far, we're allowing isolated spoiler discussion exclusively in threads dedicated to spoiler discussion and flagging posts where people post spoilers outside of threads already meant to discuss spoilers.

Is there a shortage of moderators to prevent spoilers being shared or is it just that you guys are often inactive at the wrong times? Regardless, no one blames the mods for an error that Telltale made. We appreciate all the work you guys put in.

• Release dates:

Xbox One - July 22nd
    Xbox 360 - July 22nd

Alt text

• Sounds like its tough to keep this all under control. Good work, especially considering you're all just volunteers. I remember Amid the Ruins was leaked at one point too, or at least part of it on Youtube. Was it difficult to prevent spoilers at that point?

It's a combination of things. An isolated instance of this happened with Borderlands Episode 3 on the forums where a single user had previou

• The Amid The Ruins leak was both better and worse in some ways. It was better in the since that not nearly as many people were able to access Amid The Ruins early, and additionally in that we able to prevent posts linking to the specific YouTube video from being shared. However, it was worse in that the Walking Dead: Season 2 crowd brought in a larger amount of users - including trolls - who would post spoilers, which made containing it here on the forums more difficult.

Sounds like its tough to keep this all under control. Good work, especially considering you're all just volunteers. I remember Amid the Ruin

• I dont' have it

• Furious Xbox one user

Release dates: Xbox One - July 22nd Xbox 360 - July 22nd

Sign in to comment in this discussion.