The Longest Night: A Walking Dead story character submission sheet!

edited July 2015 in Forum Games

The story thread has been released! You may still submit characters, in fact, I'd love if you did, but if you have, or just want to read and/or vote casually, then here's the link: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/98230/the-longest-night-a-walking-dead-interactive-story-by-maxbear29

Hello, to everyone on the Telltale games forum. It's cool if you don't know who I am, I wasn't really all that well known while I was super active, but if you do, hello! Just as an FYI, I'm out of touch as fuck, as someone who hasn't been on here for 4 months, but I really want to write, and I have no way to do so. I hope I get some level of support, and I really hope you guys enjoy whatever I end up with. I have bad commitment issues, but with nothing going on in my life, and an urge to write for an audience again, this is the place I used to do such things, so I am making a triumphant return to writing! I'm playing it safe here, and doing a walking dead-esque story, but if this goes well enough, I'll be damned if I don't branch out and do other stuff.

It's dark, dreary, and disgusting in the world, but can your character find the secret to survival? I guess you'll have to see. Now, I want at the bare minimum 5 characters before I begin the actual story, and I hope to get far more than that. It's FAR more fun to me if I have 20-30+ characters to write about. Even if you feel uncreative, and feel as if you cannot create a character, you can just submit yourself as a person! Every character is valued, and will be treated as a "main character", no matter when they are introduced. There will be decisions to be voted on, and I hope this goes as well as I want it to. Thank you in advance for any amount of support, advertising on my behalf anywhere you think would be useful (like I said, it's been a number of months), or just submitting a character and reading idly while things happen, I appreciate all of it. Here's a template for how to submit a character, and I promise to stick to this once I've started it. Like I said, thanks in advance everyone :)

TEMPLATE

Name: Just the name of your character. Can be your name, your username, your pet's name, a name you made up, whatever you'd like, fairly straightforward.

Personality: Their personality traits. Can be malicious and greedy, and only cares about himself, can be a selfless saint, can be a power-hungry lunatic with delusions of grandeur and a heart of gold. Whatever you'd like, I'll work with it to the best of my abilities.

Appearance: What your character looks like. Eye color, height, weight, hair color, quirks like freckles or dimples, etc.

Backstory: Where they are from, their upbringing, any specific moments in their lifetime, stuff like that. Can be long and well-thought out, can be short and sweet (lonely college student from Maine, loves family, abandoned by group, all his stuff was stolen.)

Starting point: Where we first encounter your character. (On the road, in a field, in a church, in the sewers, I can choose, whatever you'd like.)

Anyway, hopefully I get enough submissions to start soon, and thanks in advance!!!!

Comments

• Hey, at least it's getting likes, so I know people are seeing this!

• Hey, Just letting you know I'm here. I'll make a character in the morning.

maxbear29 posted: »

Hey, at least it's getting likes, so I know people are seeing this!

• I'm going to sleep soon, but I'll be back on in the morning, so maybe I'll be able to start this story by tomorrow! Anyway, goodnight, everyone.

• Aw dang, no submissions yet. C'mon, guys, I really want to write!

• edited July 2015

Name and age: Danny, 18 years old (at the beginning of the apocalypse)

Personality: He's a rather shy person, before the ZA he didn't have many friends, but he prefered loneliness, except for the few friends he had. However, he's kind-hearted, loyal, honest, humble, respectful (at least before, will the ZA change him?)
    He's a lonely survivor and sometimes paranoid, he doesn't like taking risks, so he tends to avoid people instead of killing them at first sight or trying to help them, he only kills in self-defense or when threatened, and he's very careful about who and who not to trust.

Appearance: About 6 feet tall (180-185 cm), normally built, light skin, dark brown hair, narrow brown eyes and glasses (he's a bit myopic).

Backstory: Danny is a boy with Italian origins. He was a student and he had a passion for videogames, but the Zombie Apocalypse wasn't so funny as he thought it was. His experience with videogames, expecially with zombie ones, gave him a bit of survival skills. Everyone in his family is dead or missing.

Starting point: I guess that should be up to you, but if you encounter some difficulties just let me know and I could help you out.

I cannot promise that I'll be always active throughout the story, but at least I'm giving you a character to help you with it, just as I did with others'.

• Name: William McMullen

Personality: He's the kind of person that likes to complain about everything and anything. He can't handle any pressure and hates being told he has to work. He always tries to find a way out of work, and he just won't shut up. He's a complete sissy that can't handle himself at all.

Appearance: 5'9'',Slightly muscular, pale skin, brown eyes, long brown hair, he just wears jeans and a T-shirt.

Backstory: William was from a well off family, he always got what he wanted whenever he wanted it. He never really knew how to live outside the life of luxury, he was his parents favorite and was spoiled rotten. He never did what he was told, and always got away with it. He never got in any trouble with his parents, it was always his sister Hannah who got in trouble for his mistakes. He never went outside much in his life and has no idea how to survive without a microwave and TV.

Starting point: Where ever is useful, just make sure he looks like a wimp.

Name: Hannah McMullen

Personality: She's the kind of person that tackles the world head-on. She won't back down, even though she doesn't support violence. She protects her own and knows how to handle herself in a fight. Sometimes she doesn't follow orders, since she thinks that her plan is better, but she knows when to draw the line and fall in. She is a little shy around strangers though, and it might take a while for her to warm up to them. She refuses to sit still and is always working on something. She puts others first and puts her own needs last. She is often seen with a drawing pad, drawing pictures of whatever she wants, portraits, landscapes, abstract. Whatever she feels like.

Appearance: 5'8'', Slim and kinda muscular, tanned skin, Vividly green eyes, a small scar on her left cheek from a fight that happened a few days ago. She wears ripped-up black jeans, boots, a white T-shirt that fits very loosely, and a black leather jacket when it's cold. She wears some thick-framed "Nerd" glasses sometimes, only when she needs to. (Driving, drawing, reading, etc.)

Backstory: As the oldest child in her family, her parents had the highest expectations for her. But they were mostly disappointed in her when she lest the family enterprise to follow her own life, free of other's scrutiny. She revived no support from her family and often her and her father fought constantly. She ended up just leaving home as soon as she was old enough and never came back. Once on her own she learned a lot of knew things that would help her in life. And now free of her parents wrath, she followed her dream in art.

Starting point: With her brother William, probably drawing or working on a car.

• Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for the first character! It's a 2 for 1 too, but I'll count this as 1 character for now (unless we get 4 and can't get a fifth, then I'll start anyway.) Anyway, thanks for the 2 fantastic characters, and the advertisement on your story, and you shall be featured in the 1st part!

mr.quality posted: »

Name: William McMullen Age: 19 Personality: He's the kind of person that likes to complain about everything and anything. He can't han

• I can't wait! I can tell it's going to be good!

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for the first character! It's a 2 for 1 too, but I'll count this as 1 character for now (unless we get 4 and can'

• How did I miss this the first time around? Sorry, dude! I've been looking at the thread regularly and missed this! It's cool if you're not active, I do appreciate the character! Nice and detailed, but still enough for me to work with! Like I said, you not following is cool, but your character will be featured in part one of the story. Again, sorry that I missed your submission at first.

Name and age: Danny, 18 years old (at the beginning of the apocalypse) Personality: He's a rather shy person, before the ZA he didn't hav

• Hopefully more submissions in the morning, so we can start it up tomorrow! Sorry about the constant posting, I'm just amped to be writing again!

• Name: Hiyoko Enoshima

Personality: Hiyoko can be quite hostile and fairly judgemental, evening patronising others with childish insults. She also has a fascination with violence, like sizzling ants with a magnifying glass or tearing feathers out from an injured bird, laughing about them like its child's play. However, due to her innocent and child-like appearance, people struggle believing her to be like this. Furthermore, Hiyoko uses her appearance in order to manipulate people into doing something for her. Although she is down right mean, she still acts like a child at heart towards some things - for example, she loves gummies and any candy. Additionally, she hates being deceived and humiliated, which can sometimes cause her to tear up, however she desperately tries to pass these off as fake tears to keep her unemotional exterior. Commonly described as spoilt by others.

Appearance: Hiyoko's eyes are a dark brown colour, which are known for their sparkling golden flakes in sunlight. Her hair is a dyed platinum blonde, which she usually styles in long pigtails at either side of her head. Hiyoko's body shape is one of the key factor's of her child-like appearance, only being 4'11 and 42kg. She is half Japanese-half American, her father being Japanese and mother being American.

Backstory: Hiyoko's family have always been rich, well for as long as she can remember. They allowed her to do whatever she wanted growing up - whether it be piano lessons, gymnastics or archery - however she failed at all of these and lost her temper. However, when her father introduced her to traditional Japanese dancing, she fell in love and flawless at it.

Hiyoko always got along with her father better and treated her mother more like a nanny or stepmother, do to her rarely being around. However, when her father was arrested 8 months ago for embezzlement, she and her mother began getting along better, Hiyoko being a pillar of support for her mother.

Hiyoko was considered a bully at school, however achieved excellent grades.

Starting point: In her family mansion, with her mother, maid and butler, waiting for her father to return from jail.

• like sizzling ants with a magnifying glass or tearing feathers out from an injured bird, laughing about them like its child's play.

Umm. I would not like to run into this individual at nay time in my life... But it looks like a great character!

BethGreene posted: »

Name: Hiyoko Enoshima Age: 16 Personality: Hiyoko can be quite hostile and fairly judgemental, evening patronising others with childis

• I really cannot start without at the minimum 5 people. I need more submissions, guys! The main post has 5 likes, so if everyone who liked it submitted a character, I'd be writing right now. I really need characters, I hate to sound pushy, but even if you don't feel creative, please still just submit a character. I want to write so bad, and it doesn't work without at least 5 people.

• edited July 2015

Name: Ned Mogaith

Personality: Domineering, Alert, Fearless, Cooperative
    ,Decisive, Enduring, Strong-willed, Encouraging, Intelligent.

Appearance: Ned has long chocolate brown hair that just touches his back, well groomed beard, deep-set green eyes, 6"2, lean and athletic, small scar on his lower left cheek, fair skinned

Backstory: Ned grew up in Texas with his two parents he was an only child although he was not very spoilt when he was 5 his father went of to the army and left Ned and his mother behind. When Ned started school he was very short but would always pay attention and do quite well although people would try and bully him they soon realized that wasn't a very good idea because Ned was far stronger then he looked for someone so small. When he was 8 he started boxing and continued that until he was 15. When Ned was 19 he joined the army and served there for 12 years before returning home to his mother when he had returned he had PTSD and it took him quite awhile to get back to normal. After his recovery he became a substitute teacher and kept this job until the apocalypse started.

Starting point: Wherever you want.

• Thanks for the character, now I only need 1 more submission to start!

xSensus posted: »

Name: Ned Mogaith Age: 37 Personality: Domineering, Alert, Fearless, Cooperative ,Decisive, Enduring, Strong-willed, Encouraging, Int

• I'll submit when I get home, which will be another hour at the most, if that's alright :)

Thanks for the character, now I only need 1 more submission to start!

• Sweet! If I write quickly enough, I'll start the story tonight!

I'll submit when I get home, which will be another hour at the most, if that's alright

• Is there a set location that the story will take place in?

Sweet! If I write quickly enough, I'll start the story tonight!

• I'm yet to decide. Probably somewhere in the United States, like I think it's gonna be in Minnesota, or northern US, but I may go with Canada. Because, Canada. Just so you know!

Is there a set location that the story will take place in?

• Name: Debra Valhee (Can be called Deb, Debbie, etc.)

Personality: She usually puts other before herself but can be very reckless at times. Comes off kind and polite at first but will shut down her perky personality and get down to business if she feels it necessary.

Appearance: Short, curly, black hair that goes down to her back with light blue eyes. 5'4, 116 pounds, very light freckles

Backstory: Debra came from North Carolina at a young age with her mother and older brother to live with her grandparents on her mother's side in Virginia after the death of her father. She was raised to not take what she has for granted. Her grandmother died when she was 12 and she had a hard time dealing with it, which took a toll on her social skills, experiencing out bursts of anger that would get her suspended from school for fighting. After getting suspended, her mother sent her to live with her aunt Melanie in Washington, up until she turned 19 and headed to study gerontology in Minnesota.

Starting point: Up to you :D

• That's 5. 5 submissions. The story is ready to go. Too bad it's midnight where I live, or I'd for sure release the first part tonight. At least I'll create the main post, tag everyone in it, and start working on it, and release it tomorrow.

• I would be lying if I said I didn't have to google Gerontology, but neat character overall, works nicely with all conflicting personalities in this story.

Name: Debra Valhee (Can be called Deb, Debbie, etc.) Age: 23 Personality: She usually puts other before herself but can be very reckle

• Name: Justin "Blades" Callahorn

Personality: Short tempered, loyal, agile, muscular, narcissistic, only cares about those who are close to him and is a jerk to people he has just met, cold, pragmatic, not afraid of death or any person, dislikes people who make moral choices, challenging to those who threaten him, tough, good in a fight, thick headed(meaning he always wants his way), insensitive to others feelings, soft spot for elderly, and not to be messed with.

Appearance: Brown eyes, 6'5", 220 lbs, short black hair(buzzcut) usually covered by a beanie. Black trench coat, jeans, and boots.

Back Story: Justin is a former inmate and was incarcerated for murder. His nickname is Blades because he wielded two knives when murdering a gang that he used to be a part of for verbally abusing an elderly couple. One of his blades was turned on him by sheer force from one of the stronger members and it left a large cut that starts from the right side of his head to his lower back. He was sentenced to death but the apocalypse allowed him to escape. Therefore he is more paranoid towards people, and makes sure people he hates know that he does. When he is killing(whether it be zombies or humans) he wears a grey mask that covers his head and has a moon on it. When he wears this mask he only goes by Blades, and only uses knives. He keeps a few in his trench coat, one in his boot, and his main two by his sides.

Starting Point: Highway near story location.

• Oh, hey, I remember you! Nice character, too, I'm glad I got another submission, I was worried I wouldn't go past 5.

Name: Justin "Blades" Callahorn Age: 48 Personality: Short tempered, loyal, agile, muscular, narcissistic, only cares about those who

• Hey! It's been a while. And I'm glad you continued writing so I can support you because the 400 days fan fic was a lot of fun and inspired me to start writing!

Oh, hey, I remember you! Nice character, too, I'm glad I got another submission, I was worried I wouldn't go past 5.

• edited February 2016

/

• Name: Pablo Rodriguez

Personality: Very greedy and manipulative, knows how to pick pocket the mind. Very independent, and uses brilliant lies to get other worried and afraid.

Appearance: Hispanic, looks like Pakalu Papito. A little overweight

Backstory: Hispanic, wife was a hooker died from aids, only child left to fight of the zombies.Child was a bitch, she dont give two fucks about anyone. Bossy, know it all spoiled brat Studied history and law. Former lawyer, sold gardening supplies to passerby during the zombie collapse

Starting point: Met in an old meat shop, Pablo was trying to find meat to eat but instead found these survivors. He agreed to join them, hoping to use them to his advantage

• Interesting character...?

I'm glad to get more characters, so thanks xD

Name: Pablo Rodriguez Age: 26 Personality: Very greedy and manipulative, knows how to pick pocket the mind. Very independent, and uses

• edited February 2016

Name: Richard Jaxson

Personality: Like a big, muscle baby... He's super nice despite his intimidating appearances, and he loves a good pizza.

Appearance: Blue eyes, 6'7", Pretty buff (worked out everyday), afro, African American, usually wears baggy sweats, black sleeveless turtleneck with a cat t-shirt underneath, and has Nike Mags for shoes.

Backstory: Born and raised in London, Ontario, was a Domino's pizza delivery man for 2 years, played baseball in college, and was a volunteer at his local cat shelter.

Starting point: just put me in there fam.

• edited February 2016

Thanks for actually submitting this character xD I really do appreciate this.

Sleeveless turtleneck no please

Kalorb posted: »

Name: Richard Jaxson Age: 23 Personality: Like a big, muscle baby... He's super nice despite his intimidating appearances, and he love

• It is sweet that I got 2 new characters today, but to confirm, the next part will not include either.

(Also, 2 people creating their accounts today submitting characters today is strange-ish, I will confirm that I do know Kalorb irl, and I did tell him to create a character, but let him create the person himself. Idk who the fuck Hihael is rn xD)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.