Spoiler-free player review thread

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Hey guys, thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread where people can share their SPOILER FREE thoughts about the episode so that people who are torn over buying it can make their decision easier.

So yeah please share your thoughts, scores etc

Comments

• edited July 2015

Ep1: 7/10 - good but a bit boring.

Ep2: 9/10 - best episode so far

Ep3: 8.5/10 - cool, but not great

Ep4: 7.5/10 - kinda mehhhh

Ep5: 8/10 - (soon)

• Ep1: 8/10

Ep2: 9/10

Ep3: 9/10

Ep4: 10/10

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Are you just talking about episode 5?

• I'm really not enjoying Game of Thrones that much, I think it's worse than walking dead season 2.
    Some serious problems with writing, forcing in characters of the show that most of the time have no place of being in there. A lot of problems with logic as well :D
    And I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some hate for this comment, but yeah I wish I didn't buy the season pass, I'm glad I did for Tales though!

• Writing really seems to have suffered to give space to "shock effect", telling by the spoilers.

kaza125 posted: »

I'm really not enjoying Game of Thrones that much, I think it's worse than walking dead season 2. Some serious problems with writing, forc

• For the whole season I think the diagloue has been a bit poor, they all swear, a lot. Like a stupid amount where it has no place, I love the show, the books even more, but there are so major problems with the game, there are some things they did right though.

Abeille posted: »

Writing really seems to have suffered to give space to "shock effect", telling by the spoilers.

• edited July 2015

I agree. I also think the multiple POV format the books have did not work so well for the game. Every character ends up with less screen time per update than I wish they had. Mira's story is my favourite, and I really wish she could have a little more time to talk to the people of King's Landing. Her parts feel so rushed. I mean, Tommen's coronation was my favourite part of the game so far, and still, she goes straight to the point when talking to Morgryn and Andros. Little to no beating around the bush (depending on the lines you pick for her). She is talking to people that might be working against her family, come on!

kaza125 posted: »

For the whole season I think the diagloue has been a bit poor, they all swear, a lot. Like a stupid amount where it has no place, I love the

• edited July 2015

Episode 1 - 8/10

Episode 2 - 9.5/10

Episode 3 - 9/10

Episode 4 - 9.5/10

Episode 5 - 9/10 - short, but painfully sweet.

• All these people giving GoT ridiculously high ratings, damn.

Episode 1 - 7/10

Episode 2 - 8/10

Episode 3 - 7/10

Episode 4 - 6/10

It hasn't really lived up to other games so far, in my opinion. Tales is definitely better.

• Some people love it, is all. But, I guess it isn't for everyone, especially since it's so different with 5 PCs instead of one or two which can be quite challenging to do. Personally, I think they've done a fantastic job. (:

All these people giving GoT ridiculously high ratings, damn. Episode 1 - 7/10 Episode 2 - 8/10 Episode 3 - 7/10 Episode 4 - 6/10 It hasn't really lived up to other games so far, in my opinion. Tales is definitely better.

• It's not "ridiculously high" if they think the game deserves it.

All these people giving GoT ridiculously high ratings, damn. Episode 1 - 7/10 Episode 2 - 8/10 Episode 3 - 7/10 Episode 4 - 6/10 It hasn't really lived up to other games so far, in my opinion. Tales is definitely better.

• edited July 2015

Ep1 - 8.5/10

Ep2 - 8/10

Ep3 - 9/10

Ep4 - 9/10

New: Ep5 - 10/10

• If I don't think the game deserves it, then it is ridiculously high in my opinion.

It's not "ridiculously high" if they think the game deserves it.

• I love the game, I just feel that some of the writing that is made purely for shock value irks me and I feel that it often doesn't compare to previous Telltale games.

Some people love it, is all. But, I guess it isn't for everyone, especially since it's so different with 5 PCs instead of one or two which can be quite challenging to do. Personally, I think they've done a fantastic job. (:

• edited July 2015

One of the reasons i love this series so much is the action/fight scenes, so awsome :) in the walking dead you have guns so you just gotta point and shoot but in GOT its harder to kill people and you really have to keep an eye out for those pesky quick time events, but i think its great that telltale put alot of time into making them as badass as possible

• edited July 2015

i love the game and the show, i like the books.
    Ep 1 = Got me excited and then broke my heart
    Ep 2 = Set the pieces of my heart on fire
    Ep 3 = Not memorable, i don't really remember it lmao
    Ep 4 = Best couple ever (Rodrick x Arthur) and gave me hope
    EP 5 = FREAKING HORRIBLE... don't get me wrong, awesome episode.

• edited July 2015

Episode 1: 10/10

Episode 2: 10/10

Episode 3: 5ish/10

Episode 4: 10/The amount of Plot Armour Ramsay has

Episode 5: 3/10 and then -20/10 and it ends with 20/10

• Yeah, I know what you mean. I have liked most of the writing so far, but I can definitely see why someone wouldn't.

I love the game, I just feel that some of the writing that is made purely for shock value irks me and I feel that it often doesn't compare to previous Telltale games.

• edited July 2015

I think most of you are mistaken, OP isn't asking for your review of the previous episodes, he's asking the people who have already played episode 5 for a review without spoilers.

• Ep5: 8/10. It was painful to watch the beginning.

• Episode 5:

Mira was a bit weak in this episode and Gered was pure Filler. Rodrick had good parts but most of them made no sence or had no point of existing. Asher storyline is the thing that makes this episode not suck. Thats it.

• Completely unrelated but you should spoiler tag your username lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have liked most of the writing so far, but I can definitely see why someone wouldn't.

• I was yeah, haha, maybe I should have been clearer :P

Green613 posted: »

I think most of you are mistaken, OP isn't asking for your review of the previous episodes, he's asking the people who have already played episode 5 for a review without spoilers.

• I agree, out of all the episodic games I'm playing; Tales of the BL, GoT, and Life is Strange, I Think GoT is my least favorite.

• edited July 2015

With spoilers... That happens when your reading skills go for a vacation :(

Iron From Ice: 7/10 - First episodes are introducing the games; the characters, the universe. It was a little bit boring, but if you're into listening and then reacting instead of jumping into situations, then it's awesome. Also that last scene was torturing to watch, great work!

The Lost Lords: 8/10 - Getting two new playable characters, with a returning of ones was great! It was more intense than the previous episode, and Mira's story was getting interesting with the information Damien gave to her, also thinking who's advice we should take in the small council was a good way to show how our people think of the situation we were in.

The Sword in the Darkness: 9/10 - The whole politic / Mira's part started to rise. Gared's story about the North Grove and his friend on the Wall also had more role in the episode. Meeting Drogon, Daenerys, and choosing between our "blood so family" or the "best friend so family" was a really hard choice... And finding out that there's a traitor in our house made me worry about the members of the council.

Sons of Winter: 8/10 - Meeting some wildlings, the Potato Faker's sister, deciding to ditch a friend or not, going to Highpoint. The Highpoint part was incredibly good, seeing Ryon again felt relieving, and getting to know the Glenmores and taking their help felt like a dream what's so good to be true.

A Nest of Vipers: 8/10 - Since my favorite part in the GOT series are the politic events, I really missed Mira's chapters. Gared's story was good, especially with Sylvi, and meeting with some wights made things bad in a good way. The war between the Forresters and the Whitehills showed it's true face, as the traitor did. Asher and Beskha brought the "army" to Ironrath, but with that we had to say farewell to Malcolm since Daenerys needed him. We had to say goodbye to an old friend from our childhood, and also to a determinant one. And finally, we asked for choices, we got them. In the end we had to choose between two really important warriors, and that's where the episode ends.

• Episode 1: 7.5/10

Episode 2: 8.5/10

Episode 3: 7/10

Episode 4: 9/10

Episode 5: 5/10

Sign in to comment in this discussion.