Did you leave behind the one who you loved more?

I did. I regret it so badly but I'm not going to rewind my game. It was so heartwrenching to hear the words Beskha and Asher exchanged... I'm crying! T___T

Comments

• edited July 2015

I like them the same, but I'm addicted to Beskha and Asher's bromance and couldn't face the idea of them being apart. I need Beskha as his sentinel and master-at-arms :D

• No, I didn't. Asher is bae <3

• Rodrick because we may need glenmore army

• Asher has Daenerys tho

Sai Madadi posted: »

Rodrick because we may need glenmore army

• I'm afraid I don't have any strong feelings towards any of them :/
    I like them, but I don't love either and I don't like one more than the other.

I just cloned my save file and sacrificed one of them on each. I found Asher's death sadder because Beskha is one of my favourite characters in the game. Depending on how differently they play on the 6th episode, I will decide which file to keep for Season 2.

• edited July 2015

RIP Rodrik. :(

That was just... ugh. Seeing Gryff with that fucking face again... I was screaming at the screen "i should have FUCKING maimed you."

I'll miss Rodrik. But it just didn't seemed fair for Asher to die coming from so far. Plus, the killers trusted Asher and not Rodrik, so...

• No, I didn't really care much for Rodirk for some reason.

Asher though...he's awesome.

• Rodrik died in my scenario, I was terribly conflicted at which one would stay. ='(

• Rodrick was my favorite but I chose him to die because Asher may be the only one who can control the pits fighters.

• I love Rodrik the most, but that said i left him behind. I was emotional. As a big brother i would do anything to keep my brother alive. Rodrik cares about his family and let's face it the charming, cool, not caring anything kinda guys always live more and they start to get serious when they face a serious loss. Rodrik had a story that had ups and downs but Asher always had a climbing story. Started at the rock bottom with exile and now he can come back and save his family possibly making Beshka his sentinel. In the long run, he is not a cripple, He is not emotionally attached to anyone and he is a fighter. He has everything to lose but also he has nothing to lose. Because his confidence always plays a huge role in his actions. So yeah RODRIK R.I.P

• Right Daenerys... If things continue this way she won't come to Westeros before a good 25 years... As for myself no thanks about Daenerys queen.

Chris Snow posted: »

Asher has Daenerys tho

• edited July 2015

Nah. I didnt really like roderik. Him as a character bored me, and his romance bored me, then Arthur died (determinant yes but I have two playthroughs and haven't completed my other one yet) and i was just "ye oops". Asher on the other hand I like, I wanna see where it'll go with gwynn and Beshka and he hasnt fucked up for me. Plus he has his amazing, hard core army of... 6 people.

• Rodrick took a good 5 dudes out while going down so it helped a bit.

ata95 posted: »

I love Rodrik the most, but that said i left him behind. I was emotional. As a big brother i would do anything to keep my brother alive. Rod

• I feel so guilty for causing Elaena to lose Rodrick so soon after her brother. I don't think I'll be able to take her reaction when she finds out.

Then there's Lady Forrester. How bittersweet will it be to be reunited with Asher only to find out she lost Rodrick... again!

So much pain in Westoros.

• I liked both of them, it was a really hard choice, but I think hearing Beska yelling at Asher to not leave her is what probably made me choose Asher ;-;

• I felt Rodrick had to sacrificed himself for his brother because he is the big brother, Asher barely been with his family and he finally has a chance to be with them, plus he has the coins to pay the pit fighters, and plus you look like a coward abandoning your little bro. That why I was like you know, Rodrick did a lot of great things, but it was time. R.I.P Rodrick Forrester. Iron from Ice.
    Alt text

• Alt text

Hunted35 posted: »

I felt Rodrick had to sacrificed himself for his brother because he is the big brother, Asher barely been with his family and he finally has

• Wait, Arthur's death is determinant?

Miny77 posted: »

Nah. I didnt really like roderik. Him as a character bored me, and his romance bored me, then Arthur died (determinant yes but I have two pl

• Had to leave the cripple behind to ensure Gwyn and Asher a chance to help forge an alliance later on. He was my favorite too, a bummer. Luckily there is always Save #2. :D

• No. Ramsey murders him no matter what.

Wait, Arthur's death is determinant?

• Fuck...

I loved them both.

I loved Asher more, but... I don't know my own reasoning, but I felt as if Asher had to do it.

• I left Rodrik behind, even though he's my favourite of all the characters. In my mind, I basically told myself that if Asher died, his journey and everything he did along the way was for nothing and that Rodrik would probably feel satisfied surviving The Twins to see his brother live.

It's also fitting considering Asher is a ruthless bastard. Which means I don't have an excuse to hold back against the Whitehills anymore.

/psychosmile
    Alt text

• Agreed. I think Dany would be an awful queen (Tho I'm biased and I think Targaryans on the throne is a bad idea in general and their dynasty has lasted long enough).

My hope is that Westeros will go back to being a nation of independent Kingdoms and Small folk and let that Iron throne rot.

_DIO_ posted: »

Right Daenerys... If things continue this way she won't come to Westeros before a good 25 years... As for myself no thanks about Daenerys queen.

• Rodrick was my favorite, and I actually really hated Asher (Love Beshkah though). But I let Asher live because I think the family's success and vengeance will be much more fulfilling and brutal with Asher at the helm.

• I left Asher behind, I saw that as something he would do. Rodrick is too important to the house, my Asher seems like someone who would sacrifice himself fro his more important brother.

• how are you so sure that you will get Glenmores army?

I Think lord Glenmore blames Rodrick for Hes son (Arthur) death

And that so wont give Glenmore army to Rodrick

Krazehcakes posted: »

Agreed. I think Dany would be an awful queen (Tho I'm biased and I think Targaryans on the throne is a bad idea in general and their dynasty

• Shit, really?
    Then I have been fed lies. I was hoping for him to live in my other play through...

Wermand posted: »

No. Ramsey murders him no matter what.

• Do you read the books ? I'll assume you do ^^

The Targaryens did have some really good kings such as Jaehaerys I and II as well as Daeron II. Baelor Breakspear probably would have been the best of best but he died before he could ascend. Other than that it goes up and down between correct, passable, and terrible. Rhaegar is EXTREMELY overrated imo. Daenerys is laughably bad

In the end I'm still rooting for Stannis even if it's pretty much a lost cause at this point :'( He can still take out the Boltons before he goes. Of course there is still Young Gryff (Not Whitehill lol the Targaryen one) who has to prove himself (and Varys backs him !)

Indepedent Kingdoms would be a terrible thing in my opinion. I read the AWOIAF encyclopedia not so long ago and before Aegon the Conqueror arrived, Westeros was basically a giant mess... The Ironborn just raided, destroyed and raped everything on the continent since no one could keep them in check, The King of Winter (Stark) and the Red King (Bolton) were constantly in war, Stormlands were always fighting with the Reach and Dorne in a three-way conflict, the Vale had this whole Andal thing going on and the Riverlands continuously hosted battles between the Kingdoms.

Krazehcakes posted: »

Agreed. I think Dany would be an awful queen (Tho I'm biased and I think Targaryans on the throne is a bad idea in general and their dynasty

• edited July 2015

I left Asher, and I realize now that even though I loved him more, I still think he had to be the one. I can't really explain why but it just felt like it would have been wrong to leave Rodrik, I really think that this was the end of Asher. EDIT: I just realized why I think this is how Asher had to end. Rodrik is a leader, Asher is a hero, it didn't fit him to deal with politics. He was the kind of guy who would get into fights for fun, Rodrik is the guy I can actually see being a leader of house Forrester who pulls them out of shit while Asher being the one who sacrificed himself for the good of the family.

• I hope she stays in Essos, all she does is destroy everything she touches with her own stupidity.

But, it's always a better idea to be in a Mad Queens good graces (thanks for the lesson Cersei), and it's never a bad idea to hedge your bets. If, (big if) she does end up on the Iron Throne, i'd rather she not hate me, and underestimate my hatred of her ;)

Right Daenerys... If things continue this way she won't come to Westeros before a good 25 years... As for myself no thanks about Daenerys queen.

• That sums it all nicely. The sole fact that she takes it up the ass from that goofy looking Daario makes me cringe...

I love how Spice King disses her and she's all "I WIL TEKE WAT IS RIGHFOULLY MINE WITH FYRE AND BLUD !!!!"

We are of one mind ;)

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I hope she stays in Essos, all she does is destroy everything she touches with her own stupidity. But, it's always a better idea to be in

• edited July 2015

No I didn't care. Rodrik had been through a lot it was an honorable way for him to die like a warrior. I feel confident in Asher with Beskha backing him up The Pit Fighters already follow him and now I don't have to worry about getting them to listen to Rodrik.

• Yeah, Daario is sooo stupid. In and of himself and of Dany too. Just what every Queen needs, her very own Sellsword playmate.

Like it isn't hard enough to get men in this world to take a Queen seriously, or even accept one's rule without a King to keep them in line. She's got to fall in lust with a flashy, bragging sellsword? Not to mention, if you threaten people with Dragons, you better be able to back that threat up.

Lol. Sorry for the Dany rant, i'm in the middle of re-reading A Dance with Dragons and she's getting to me.

That sums it all nicely. The sole fact that she takes it up the ass from that goofy looking Daario makes me cringe... I love how Spice King disses her and she's all "I WIL TEKE WAT IS RIGHFOULLY MINE WITH FYRE AND BLUD !!!!" We are of one mind

• Alt text

Come on, isn't that any teenage girl's fantasy ?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Yeah, Daario is sooo stupid. In and of himself and of Dany too. Just what every Queen needs, her very own Sellsword playmate. Like it isn

• edited July 2015

I agree. After Royland's betrayal and knowing that Duncan would have done the same in his shoes, my trust is shaken in non-Forrester's. Beskha I can trust because even though she's not a Forrester by blood she is by heart. I trust her probably more than any other character in the game.

Flog61 posted: »

I like them the same, but I'm addicted to Beskha and Asher's bromance and couldn't face the idea of them being apart. I need Beskha as his sentinel and master-at-arms

• edited July 2015

Sad thing is, even if you maim him, his face is like nothing ever happened when he smiles at the dying Forrester on the ground (I chose Rodrik too, fyi). I maimed Gryff last episode, and now it's as though I never maimed him at all. -_-

RIP Rodrik. That was just... ugh. Seeing Gryff with that fucking face again... I was screaming at the screen "i should have FUCKING maim

• Lol! I have no words....

Come on, isn't that any teenage girl's fantasy ?

• Asher was my favourite to play but he is the one I left behind. Definitely the toughest decision I've had to make. Had to pause the game to make a cup of tea and paced in the kitchen weighing out pros and cons. I didn't take this lightly.

• Rodrik. :(

• Rodrik survived many things and I didn't want him to be killed by a stupid fourth born and his stupid garrison, even though I like Asher, he at least went out being a hero

Sign in to comment in this discussion.