Tyrion Is My Friend

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

When meeting with Tyrion I didn't even try to hide the fact Cersei sent me and we drank and had a good time. And now I realized I play Mira like Tyrion, always drinking and causing trouble. When we talked about Marg he made it clear that getting her on my side was good for survival so I am going to try and do that next episode if the option is there. I imagine Cersei will be mad no matter what you tell her I can't wait for our next meeting hopefully she will have some wine this time.

Do you think he is trying to help Mira or just talking shit? He did say as Mira is leaving to be careful who you trust.

Comments

• Tyrion is loyal to honest friends, so if your Mira was forthcoming, I'm sure he was genuinely trying to help.

• I kind a accidentally became one of his last remaining friends in KL, which is a bit awkward. I thought "I had no choice" would allow me to weasel the answers out of him by going "I risked a lot to work with you, can't you at least give me something to appease Cersei" but then Mira blabbed the entire deal up. I'm actually pretty pissed, cause I was willing to be useful to Cersei to an extent, at least, if it meant Andros gets shanked. Oh well, Mira's probably dead meat anyway.

• I'm pretty sure he knows Mira is not doing that because she wants to screw him over, even if you try to lie to him. He is very smart and he knows the situation she is in. The situation he got her in for playing her and the Whitehill merchants ("Like little toys", as Morgryn puts it).

As for myself, I did try to lie to him because while I was sure he wouldn't buy it (I mean, really? Like someone would let a random handmaiden visit a man accused of killing the king with a jug of wine), I didn't want Lucan to tell Cersei I blabbed everything to him on the spot. I mean, the guy is already suspicious of me for the thing with Damien.

Sure Cersei will be angry either way, but eh, I tried.

• It's like most of the players choose to lie to Tyrion, including me.

• He is very smart but he's also quite a resentful person when you screw him over...

Not that I regret lying to him in any way. In the end I still told him the truth because he gives you better information this way. (Yeah I shamefully used my meta-knowledge...)

• It would have been nice if he just kind of played along and Mira could have the option to be vague enough to let him know what's going on but also enough to not tip off the guard. A wink or something would have been nice.

• Who did he name?

I tried to be subtle and make him comprehend that I can't quite say "yep Cersei sent me" with a effing guard on the door (a guard that quite rudely interrupted our conversation, making this very clear), but nope. Either you're obvious or Cersei knows you did what she told you not to.

• I actually didn't get a name out of him, I was honest with him and told him what was going on. I just can't bring myself to lie to him, he did try to help us plenty of times and even in a cell, I'd rather have him as my ally than his sister.

• The Mira has been my favorite playthrough but this has been her worst episode, for certain. There have been several conversations where you can get out of it feeling rather clever about your choices. I had assumed that there would be something similar here. With a guard posted right outside, listening to every word you say, I assumed that there would be an option that allowed me to be subtle. It was one of a number of big let downs I got from this episode.

• I didn't want Lucan to tell Cersei I blabbed everything to him on the spot.

I hope they don't forget Lucan was at the meeting I had Mira say she was going to help Tyrion escape that should make things interesting.

Abeille posted: »

I'm pretty sure he knows Mira is not doing that because she wants to screw him over, even if you try to lie to him. He is very smart and he

• edited July 2015

Varys and Jamie I can't remember the third one but no one will testify on Tyrion's behalf.

SanQae posted: »

Who did he name? I tried to be subtle and make him comprehend that I can't quite say "yep Cersei sent me" with a effing guard on the door

• edited July 2015

That stinks. My game played out well with the choices I made I didn't have to many problems with this episode. My main problem was Arthur and how Ramsay got him. I took him to Highpoint and then in episode 5 he is already captured.

TomaO2 posted: »

The Mira has been my favorite playthrough but this has been her worst episode, for certain. There have been several conversations where you

• I actually expected this to happen, from the trailer :/

Really disappointing.

Razerhdd posted: »

It would have been nice if he just kind of played along and Mira could have the option to be vague enough to let him know what's going on but also enough to not tip off the guard. A wink or something would have been nice.

• Yeah, and he tries to take Mira for questioning during the Royal Wedding, he remembers she was there on the night Damien disappeared (then Morgryn shows up to "rescues" her).

I didn't want Lucan to tell Cersei I blabbed everything to him on the spot. I hope they don't forget Lucan was at the meeting I had Mira say she was going to help Tyrion escape that should make things interesting.

• Remember when Mira was placed in a delicate position, the first one to offer advices and help was Tyrion. Plus, he's an awesome character.

Also, being straight with him and sharing a drink is the way to get him to tell you that he doesn't have anyone testifying on his behalf.

• That made me worry about Sera she was standing right there I wrote a post on it a while back. I wondered if he really knows Cersei or is just saying it. I hope he is not Cersei's spy but I would not be surprised.

Abeille posted: »

Yeah, and he tries to take Mira for questioning during the Royal Wedding, he remembers she was there on the night Damien disappeared (then Morgryn shows up to "rescues" her).

• Well... I was very suspicious of him from the start, to be honest. By the time I finished Episode 4, I was absolutely paranoid about him (because Tarwick says he has an odd reputation, that people say he is dangerous). I entered that coronation feast absolutely sure that Morgryn was the one conspiring against the Forresters, which is why he was the one I asked Tarwick about. I still think he was the one that sent Damien, though. And maybe once he saw Mira alive he decided that going for an alliance could be more effective than simply killing her off.

I don't think he is Cersei's spy, but maybe he was on a good position with the Crown back then? Or it was just a bluff. The man is very convincing.

That made me worry about Sera she was standing right there I wrote a post on it a while back. I wondered if he really knows Cersei or is just saying it. I hope he is not Cersei's spy but I would not be surprised.

• edited July 2015

I got Mira to tell Tyrion the truth because I think at some point Tyrion will have to explain whether the Ironwood degree was legitimate and indeed 'dispatched' from his office as opposed to being stolen. Being honest with Tyrion is the key to getting him to lie to the Crown.

Basically getting Tyrion to owe you one.

But that's all speculation for now.

• I told him the truth the first time, and lied the 2nd. Both ways that stupid guard totally messes you up. He messes you up right from the start giving you that wine. Hope Mira can properly explain how that guard totally ruined your chance to get any info out of Tyrion in the next ep...but highly doubt that will happen.

• Cersei could just be being a bitch to Mira that is not beneath her she likes to make people suffer. She could have sent Mira in there just so Mira would know her place and that is beneath Cersei's delicate foot or I could just be over thinking it.

oobga14 posted: »

I told him the truth the first time, and lied the 2nd. Both ways that stupid guard totally messes you up. He messes you up right from the

• yep he is a good guy, but i was thinking... Dude, having Cersei as an ally should be awesome, think about it, everyone on her way is either dead or f*ucked up (at least for 4 seasons and a half)

• Mira Forrester's story has been the most confusing and hardest to play compared to the rest of them. But as AstroZombie mentioned, I didn't mind lying to Tyrion to have Cersei on my side. I refused helped from Tyrion on several occasions prior to his arrest, but also didn't won't to be involved with Cersei Lannister also. But when the choice had to be mad, I chose Cersei and lied to Tyrion.

Between the three, Cersei, Tyrion, and Margaery, I favored Margaery. But by the ending of episode 5, I was like "screw them all". I suck at GoT deception, haha!

• I was thinking that to. Cersei might be my favorite character in GoT books I have only seen clips of the show but a lot. Any ladies that get involved with Cersei end up with Qyburn so I said to hell with it and did the opposite of what Cersei said. Maybe she will understand and not be crazy? Going against Cersei will be dangerous but also entertaining.

AstroZombie posted: »

yep he is a good guy, but i was thinking... Dude, having Cersei as an ally should be awesome, think about it, everyone on her way is either dead or f*ucked up (at least for 4 seasons and a half)

• i'd rather have the lioness by my side hehe

I was thinking that to. Cersei might be my favorite character in GoT books I have only seen clips of the show but a lot. Any ladies that get

Sign in to comment in this discussion.