The North Grove - What could it do?

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited July 2015

Gared will arrive to discover Malcom. It's revealed he found the North Grove years ago and it's the source of his teleportation powers.

• Actually it's not. GoT isn't shipping them.

TJP623 posted: »

It's game of thrones

• It can't be anything too special. It's probably the source of ironwood. Gregor might have known the House and their holdings were doomed.

• edited July 2015

The Ice Dragon's eye/ eyes are the Westerosi version of the North Star.... oh wait Tyler beat me to it.

• It is. Rodrik already f*cked Elaena. That's one of the few reasons I kept him. :).

Skiba7671 posted: »

Actually it's not. GoT isn't shipping them.

• If it's what saves the house surely it must be more

It can't be anything too special. It's probably the source of ironwood. Gregor might have known the House and their holdings were doomed.

• I'm glad I have :) Thank you for your thoughts

ponds75 posted: »

I did not consider that. That is a very good point. Dammit, now you've got me eagerly awaiting the reveal of the Grove.

• You could always bring back Ethan, or even Lord Gregor, since he didn't even know anyone had died when he said it (and told Gared to tell no one, maybe because "I'm the one coming back ya bastard, don't tell anyone about this, lest they bring back someone else")

• TTG probably doesn't even know. He will literally get there and we won't see it with our own eyes. Just his reaction, pulling a Pulp Fiction briefcase. They couldn't even properly render Gryff's mutilated face. I don't expect much.

• It would be cool if the "north grove" is where Bran and Hodor are.

• Alt text

But... she's like, 13 or 14...

• What if the North Grove is not a way to save our home, but another home for us to live in (even if for just some weeks), filled with Forrester magic and etc? Remember, we Forresters have a "way" to burn Ironwood, while the Whitehills don't, so what else can we do? What with we find a library filled with creepy ass secrets, or maps of secret tunels leading directly into Ludds chambers?

Could be anything, really.

• Not Gared and Sylvi. That's all on disturbing people in our reality.

It is. Rodrik already f*cked Elaena. That's one of the few reasons I kept him. .

• I think saving the House as many see it is a misconception. It may just be meant to restore the ironwood after the Whitehills have plundered it.

207Brandon1 posted: »

If it's what saves the house surely it must be more

• The episode is called ice dragon,the north grove is in the north,the ice dragon is in the north...can you see the endgame now?

Yeah, I have no idea what the end game is with the North Grove shit. Say they find it, which presumably they will. Like, they have to rig

• That is what i thought! would be interesting to see how telltale portrayed it

tyler8160 posted: »

It's never said, but when Duncan gives Gared the map to the North Grove there is writing in the top right corner that says: "The North Gr

• Keep the awesome ideas coming

• The have a multi-year, multi-title deal with HBO.

Source for a second season? I don't recall them ever saying this.

• edited July 2015

Maybe it's a Vault? Gared is probably the Stranger.

• Thank you

The have a multi-year, multi-title deal with HBO.

• I think this is unlikely due to the growing threat of the WW's, if hardhome couldn't survive an attack, the North grove with much fewer inhabitants most likely won't

SanQae posted: »

What if the North Grove is not a way to save our home, but another home for us to live in (even if for just some weeks), filled with Forrest

• Doesn't matter. Had sex.

Not Gared and Sylvi. That's all on disturbing people in our reality.

• Edited the initial post

• edited July 2015

I think Talia will become like Arya, and mostly going on to kill the people who need killing.

Edit: wrong thread.

• This has become my favorite GIF. :D

Krmpr posted: »

Gared be like

• I am starting to wonder what is the secret of the North Grove. In the beginning, I thought it was a secret stash of Ironwood, but what good can it do in the Forrester's war against the Whitehills? There has to be something more than just Ironwood.

• It worries me that, according to Lord Gregor's last word, the North Grove CAN be lost. Yet Sylvi tells us that it's a safe place, from winter and things creeping up north, spiders, the others, wights and whatnot.

So the North Grove can be lost to WHAT? The Whitehills? If that was Gregor's concern, he would have taken the secret to his grave.

Plus, surely something that can be lost cannot possibly be so tide-changing in the upcoming war, can it?

Of course, this is all based on the loose interpretation of "The North Grove must never be lost".

• oh, well thanks for telling me. looks like we're gonna have a cliffhanger ending.

The have a multi-year, multi-title deal with HBO.

• Yeah exactly

I am starting to wonder what is the secret of the North Grove. In the beginning, I thought it was a secret stash of Ironwood, but what good can it do in the Forrester's war against the Whitehills? There has to be something more than just Ironwood.

• edited July 2015

Oh God, Telltale, please don't effing end this season with a cliffhanger of Gared getting to the Grove.

Like, he gets there, the camera zooms in on his face being all "Whooaaaaa" and the screen cuts black. We don't even get to see what it is.

The terrifying thing is that I can imagine them doing this

• Don't give them ideas!

FishySticks posted: »

Oh God, Telltale, please don't effing end this season with a cliffhanger of Gared getting to the Grove. Like, he gets there, the camera z

• edited July 2015

I think it will just be something simple, like a nice warm place where the ironwood trees came from. And even after the Whitehills wipe out all the ironwood in the north, they can still regrow the forest using stuff from the north grove. That's probably the actual meaning of "iron from ice", the ironwood originated from north of the wall.

• Wow, nice point. Iron from Ice makes sense in that way.

oobga14 posted: »

I think it will just be something simple, like a nice warm place where the ironwood trees came from. And even after the Whitehills wipe out

• I bet the writers don't even know themselves, kind of like the whole traitor scenario "We'll come up with an answer when we get to it"

Oh. If Royland is your sentinel,, then the North Grove holds a ton of treaties and diplomatic items

If Duncan is your sentinel then the North Grove holds a super powerful weapon that only a level 100 hardened Warrior can wield.

"Hope who ever the sentinel is can use these!"

• I also think that perhaps the writers did not know what it would be in the earlier episodes.

Anfarwol posted: »

I bet the writers don't even know themselves, kind of like the whole traitor scenario "We'll come up with an answer when we get to it" Oh

• Never speak of the Devil, fool.

oh, well thanks for telling me. looks like we're gonna have a cliffhanger ending.

• AR-15 of the Bear +3

I've found a picture of the North Groove guys.

• Are you sure it isn't the source of the healing power the Whitehills' measter has ?

dojo32161 posted: »

Gared will arrive to discover Malcom. It's revealed he found the North Grove years ago and it's the source of his teleportation powers.

• This is my theory, too. The Forrester exists in the first place because of the Ironwood. Gregor knew before dying that his house would be in a dire place. He also knew seeds for iron trees can be found in the North Grove.

Episode 6 will see house Forrester lose the war, with determinant brother dying. When all will seem lost, Gared will come back and resurrect the house by planting another forest of iron trees somewhere else. Season 2 will be plotting revenche+managing your new forest.

You read it here first !

I think saving the House as many see it is a misconception. It may just be meant to restore the ironwood after the Whitehills have plundered it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.