What is an Army according to Telltale?

2»

Comments

• Yeah I'm not going to lie, when I saw that amount of people coming back with Asher I was like "There has got to be more."

The oddly perplexing thing is, I don't know what excuse Telltale had for not showing us a bigger army. They can handle the models, even in animation (as we saw in the fighting pits), and they can handle that many models on screen, so I have no idea what the problem is.

• lmao

I hope they just did not show them all on screen they reuse so many models it might look like The Clone Wars.

• You must be kidding xD

It's 100% accurate.

• Yes! Asher still has plenty of gold left, apparently.

Maybe we can actually convince the men Lord Andros hired to fight for us offering a more considerable price and taking Andros out of the picture... Definitively.

• Well played

Asher's 6 Goodmen.

• An army isn't a handful of dudes.

ClemenLee posted: »

any army can mean anything, It doesn't need to be professional, its a group of men/women fighting for one interest and being paid

• I feel like there are more than we see. Like maybe 20 or 25 warriors, and considering that "1 pit fighter is worth 10 sell swords" we aren't that screwed

• Good night sweet prince [*]

Rock114 posted: »

He was the best. Taken from us too soon

• The next episode is called the Ice Dragon so I'm guessing a Dragon saves us?

Lord Andros is hiring hundreds of sellswords while we get 7-8 guys plus like 5 Forrester Guards and Royland/Duncan, Rodrik/Asher, Beskha, an

• An army doesen’t needs to be big. A 1k is an army, but, depending on the timeline, 100 men can also be considered one.

Put, for sure, an army must be more than a handful of men. I don’t even think Asher came with enough people to form a street gang. :P

• From a game design point, I guess Telltale could only place so many dudes on screen. Plus re-using character models is a problem for TT since an indie company can only do so much.

Plus this is Forrester vs Whitehill. I wouldn't expect Lord of the Rings battles, but we'll probably see the same character models fight and die with some crazy edit shots. The unique/main characters fighting is why we bother with this game people!

• Re used character models, a fat bastard and a Chinese samurai

• There were quite a few dudes on the ship though. More than 6.

• Yeah, I just assumed that we didn't see all of the people Asher brought back during the shitstorm.

Most of them got locked behind the gate and/or were standing nearby just out of our eyesight.

• I would have been more satisfied if Asher came back by himself and had some quip about being a 1 man army

• i thought that big ass guy was gonna do some rektness, probably just fucking eat someone, but he just got fucked so fast....

yes he was surrounded but cmon..

• Speaking of armies, how in the name of anything did Wyman Manderly, the ruler of the largest city in the North and a known Stark loyalist let the fourth born son of an open Bolton ass-kisser just waltz into White Harbor with what seemed to be a large group of troops and slaughter people without so much as a bell ringing for the chaos in the streets?

The damn city watch could have probably snuffed them out.

• That was actually only on Gryff's "20 good men" not the whole army

That1Guy posted: »

To be fair, the Whitehills' "army" is so bad that three or so of them can be killed by someone even when surrounded and wounded.

• We didn't see anything in the fighting pits. How many full and unique character models were on screen at any given time? Probably not even as many as when the whitehills ambushed Ashers army of 7 plus Bershka. Also something you probably didn't notice, when the camera switched to a broader (overhead) angle in the pits, many character models disappeared. For a reason, no doubt.

HarjKS posted: »

Yeah I'm not going to lie, when I saw that amount of people coming back with Asher I was like "There has got to be more." The oddly perpl

• 10 barbarians is not an army lmfao, I was laughing so hard when Rodrik saw what "army" his brother brought.

• Do not worry , we'll have our battle with hundreds of men crushing into each other , Don't how they'll manage but i do hope it won't be like walking dead with that big herd of walkers made in cartoon ,

• SPOILERS AHEAD.

Let's take a look at that army....

We see these boarding the boat.

Alt text

Along with these two who board whilst Asher and Malcolm talk.

Alt text

I guess we're left to assume that more joined sometime after this? But the boat was leaving at the end of the scene, so I'm not sure how. There's a few new faces on the boat, however. I doubt every single member is above deck here.

Alt text

This is the only time we really see the army in full, assuming that all of them left the boat together (because why would any stay behind?)

Alt text

Also, a further shot, showing all of them from a distance. Hard to see them, but they're all there. Determinantly with Bloodsong.

Alt text

Clearly there's not many. Doesn't help that a few get killed before the fight has really even begun.

Alt text

Along with one of the best men they have....

Alt text

With such small numbers, it seems that only a few remain by the end. Asher can even be killed, too. It's doubtful they'll listen to Rodrik, which can only worsen the matter.

Alt text

So, yeah. Unless Telltale just kept the numbers small to avoid having to make many models, we're only left with a small army that likely could not take on the Whitehills alone. Could be that we're just meant to use our suspension of disbelief and just accept that there's more people in this army than the ones we see on-screen.

• Mormonts don't even have an army. They just send their best swordsman to help Robb in the war, along with warriors from the noble house

I'd say realistically (by old medieval standards) the force Asher brought back would be roughly what most lower nobles would have in their a

• That's something i hate about Ramsey. He is a little shit who wins only because he fights dirty and never faces his enemies in open combat. Ok, the series show him fighting, but those scenes are not even present in the books. Ramsay is literally an insane little cunt who couldn't do shit in a real fight, but somehow always wins because A) his allies are stronger than the opponent or B) he lures the opponent into a trap and then skins him alive after his men defeated him

Nightmare1 posted: »

I want to see Asher's 7 good men vs Ramsay's 20 good men and see who wins.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.