Isn't Asher the oldest Brother?

I thought Gared looking at the picture revealed that. Anyways Elaena now belongs to Asher since Rodrick the bethroned is dead and the woman gets passed on to the next brother.

Also can Asher marry Beshka?

Comments

• also can Asher marry Beshka?

Awwwww yeeeeeh.

• No, I'm pretty sure Rodrik is the eldest. I assume you mean 'betrothed', not 'bethroned', and that's not a custom that's stated in Game of Thrones at all. I'm sure Asher 'could' marry Beskha, but I don't think either of them see each other that way.

• No Rodrik is the oldest brother, Rodrik is 25 and Asher is 21(?) And no Asher Can't marry Beskha because she is homosexual

• actually it is. Lady Catelyn was betroned to Neds older brother and when he dies she becames Neds betroned.

No, I'm pretty sure Rodrik is the eldest. I assume you mean 'betrothed', not 'bethroned', and that's not a custom that's stated in Game of Thrones at all. I'm sure Asher 'could' marry Beskha, but I don't think either of them see each other that way.

• edited July 2015

Beskha being homosexual is never stated, nor really implied.

Straight boys and girls can be friends you know :)

shayan80 posted: »

No Rodrik is the oldest brother, Rodrik is 25 and Asher is 21(?) And no Asher Can't marry Beskha because she is homosexual

• I doubt Asher and Beskha would want to get married, they have a sister/brother relationship.

• Yes, that did happen. That doesn't mean it's a custom and automatically happens. Try again, it's 'betrothed'.

short_stack posted: »

actually it is. Lady Catelyn was betroned to Neds older brother and when he dies she becames Neds betroned.

• According to who?

And anyway, I don't see why they would, they refer to each other as brother and sister all the time, so clearly they see their bond with each other as familial rather than romantic, and would probably find it a bit weird if it went there.

No Rodrik is the oldest brother, Rodrik is 25 and Asher is 21(?) And no Asher Can't marry Beskha because she is homosexual

• Bisexual is more likely, I think. But I don't believe it's ever stated.

• Well, Asher and Beshka could get married, but I love their brother and sister relationship. It is nice to know that Asher found family in his exile.

• According to who? And anyway, I don't see why they would, they refer to each other as brother and sister all the time, so clearly they se

• Sepas

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Rodrik_Forrester http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Asher_Forrester

• If you tell Beska to finish the Whitehills in the pit she will reply: "No i'll spend all your queen's money in the finest of whores". So yea she likes woman, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like mens.

Flog61 posted: »

Beskha being homosexual is never stated, nor really implied. Straight boys and girls can be friends you know

• I think Arjen Robben meant 'according to who' is Beskha homosexual?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Rodrik_Forrester http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Asher_Forrester

• Yup

I think Arjen Robben meant 'according to who' is Beskha homosexual?

• Male brothels are a thing in Essos though, aren't they?

If you tell Beska to finish the Whitehills in the pit she will reply: "No i'll spend all your queen's money in the finest of whores". So yea she likes woman, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like mens.

• Dunno never been there xD. K jokes apart whore refers to a female prostitute so yeah she is at least bissexual.

Male brothels are a thing in Essos though, aren't they?

• Asher X Beska = Ewwwww

I would like the scenario where Elaena is pregnant and she can't be a pregnant widowso she and Asher have to marry and say that Roders son is Ashers (but this won't happen bc it would get us alies, we we already know what TellTale does to our alies flay them all )

• Marriage would demand less brothel visits. Resign from their favourite pastime.

I doubt Asher and Beskha would want to get married, they have a sister/brother relationship.

• edited July 2015

In episode 2 Beskha told asher we can have finest whores(or something like that) and also in episode 5 if you tell her to kill the whitehills for me she will say no I will sleep with whores(or something like that lol)

I think Arjen Robben meant 'according to who' is Beskha homosexual?

• Why do people want to pair up Asher and Beshka? They have a great brother/sister relationship, why destroy it?

• edited July 2015

That was arranged since (as stated in the books) her father was desperate for an alliance still. THATS why she was betrothed to Ned later. It wasn't a custom nor automatic, it was because her father insisted.

short_stack posted: »

actually it is. Lady Catelyn was betroned to Neds older brother and when he dies she becames Neds betroned.

• edited July 2015

Theres male whores. Olyvar for instance is called a whore. Its not exclusive to female prostitutes, its just also used as an insult for women in general.

Dunno never been there xD. K jokes apart whore refers to a female prostitute so yeah she is at least bissexual.

• Oh, I supose im wrong then :/ Thx for correcting me. Still Asher X Beska would suck because they are bros.

Miny77 posted: »

Theres male whores. Olyvar for instance is called a whore. Its not exclusive to female prostitutes, its just also used as an insult for women in general.

• lol at the people who think Beshka is straight.

• Why couldnt she be straight? Just because she's sort of manly looking doesn mean she dosnt like men.

lol at the people who think Beshka is straight.

• Did I say anything about her looking like a man? I think Beshka looks fine, but if you pay attention to any of her dialogue her sexual preference is pretty clear.

KCohere posted: »

Why couldnt she be straight? Just because she's sort of manly looking doesn mean she dosnt like men.

• edited July 2015

If you look at the codex, the children are listed in birth order. Rodrik is listed before Asher, hence Rodrik is the eldest. I don't think Asher would marry Beska because 1. Beska is not of noble blood so their marriage is not likely and 2. Beska is a lesbian, I believe, so I don't think she'll want to marry him.

• edited July 2015

'Any of her dialogue'? Please.

She mentions sexual/romantic tastes is TWO dialogues, and both are ambiguous as there are male and female whores in Essos.

We don't know if Beskha is straight or gay or pan oir whatever. It doesn't matter. If it matters for the story - we run across an ex girlfriend of hers or something - then sure. But there's no more reason to believe she's gay than straight or bi or aromantic or anything.

Did I say anything about her looking like a man? I think Beshka looks fine, but if you pay attention to any of her dialogue her sexual preference is pretty clear.

• Oy Cercei and jaime are INCEST lovers. So moots that theory.

I doubt Asher and Beskha would want to get married, they have a sister/brother relationship.

• It says in the Codex : Rodrik "Firstborn son" , Asher "Secondborn son"

• They refer to each other as brother and sister, "like the queen and her brother. I hope not just the queen and her brother"
    Plus, isn't she supposed to be gay as hell?

Killah posted: »

also can Asher marry Beshka? Awwwww yeeeeeh.

• We know your headcanons require her to be gay - but come on, really?

We've had no evidence to say she's gay or not.

lol at the people who think Beshka is straight.

• Why are people so determined for Beskha to be a lesbian?

We've had no evidence of such things - whore is a general term, someone paid for sex.

• I don't know. She might be joking?

MsDanceALot posted: »

They refer to each other as brother and sister, "like the queen and her brother. I hope not just the queen and her brother" Plus, isn't she supposed to be gay as hell?

• I think she is lesbian, she also states in Episodes 2 and 5 that she would buy the finest whores or something like that, I think that's made to strenghten the fact that the relationship between her and Asher will be just a brother-sister one.

MsDanceALot posted: »

They refer to each other as brother and sister, "like the queen and her brother. I hope not just the queen and her brother" Plus, isn't she supposed to be gay as hell?

• edited July 2015

I remember something about secondborn sons generally turning out to be rebellious, which was the case with Asher.

I think it was some Forrester in-game that said that.

And it really doesn't matter whether Beskha is straight, their relashionship seems to be strictly that of "brother and sister". I like it that way.
    Not like the Queen and her brother, of course.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.