The secret of the North Grove can really be lost!?

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

The only people that are/were aware of the North Grove are Lord Gregor (which died of course), Gared (which may never come back to Ironrath alive), Duncan and surprisingly Rodrik too. If Duncan is the traitor you can ask him if he told something about the North Grove to the Whitehills, which he denies. After that discussion with Duncan you can chose to kill him, then the only one knowing about the North Grove at Ironrath is Rodrik as far as we know. Later its possible that Rodrik dies too and the secret of the North Grove with him?

What do you think, is it possible that secret can be lost if these conditions are fulfilled? Or is there someone else we dont know about that knows about the North Grove for sure? At the beginning of episode 1 we "can" reveal that secret to Elyssa and the maester, but we dont have to, leaving this "determinant". They didnt tell us how Rodrik knew about the North Grove, did he learn it from Duncan or did is father already inform him about that? I think Duncan was supposed to tell Rodrik about that and Telltale just forgot to add a scene where he tells Rodrik about it. Maybe they realised that if Duncan dies the secret gets lost too and gave us the option to ask him about that, so "we" know that Rodrik is aware of it.

It would be interesting if this secret really can get lost. But one thing is for sure: Either someone else at Ironrath knows about the North Grove or this secret really is "determinant" which would mean this plot is probably not really important in the future and wont change the story very much. Of course there is still the possibility for Gared to return to Ironrath and tell the new lord about it, but this would be a long and hard way and would probably lead him to his death before he reaches Ironrath. Or everyone at Ironrath gets killed, that way they dont have to worry about it. What do you think about all this?

Comments

• edited July 2015

All hope lies on Gared now

Make it outta of this you beautiful-medieval Luke resembling-son of a bitch

Alt text

• Shit didn't even pay attention to that. Nicely done mate !

I wonder if TT is aware of that problem...

• If this is an issue, I'm sure that it'll be written that Asher had the talk about the North Grove along with Rodrik if he knew about it.

• The only thing they have in common is the hair really...

All hope lies on Gared now Make it outta of this you beautiful-medieval Luke resembling-son of a bitch

• Yes, I really really hope he survives. I like him and hes the only character that has good chances to surive this episode

All hope lies on Gared now Make it outta of this you beautiful-medieval Luke resembling-son of a bitch

• Nice catch. Duncan mentions to Gared in E2 that Gregor had written lots of notes on the North Grove, so we've got a backup I guess?

• edited July 2015

Thank you^^. After thinking a while about it I have a solution for it. Rodrik knows that he is going on a dangerous mission which he might not survive. Maybe he made a note and put it somerwhere. I think he would do such a thing, it could be important to house Forrester and his family, and that is what is most important for him. Could be that Royland or Elyssa bring Asher that note.

_DIO_ posted: »

Shit didn't even pay attention to that. Nicely done mate ! I wonder if TT is aware of that problem...

• "If" he knows about the North Grove then it would be years ago before he was exiled. He wouldnt know the current status of it, about how Gared is searching for it and all the things happened the last months. I dont think they would tell such secrets in letters they sent to Asher. One good way to make sure he knows would be that Rodrik made notes about all the things that happened the last months, before he rode off to help him.

Davissons posted: »

If this is an issue, I'm sure that it'll be written that Asher had the talk about the North Grove along with Rodrik if he knew about it.

• edited July 2015

There's also that necklace that Lord Gregor gave to all his children. You know what ? After reading your post I'm starting to firmly believe the North Grove won't have any impact on the War with the Whitehill in the present time...

I guess we'll have to wait and see

N8eule posted: »

Thank you^^. After thinking a while about it I have a solution for it. Rodrik knows that he is going on a dangerous mission which he might n

• edited July 2015

Oh I forgot about that, nice. But they have other matters to attend right now than looking trough Gregors belongings. But it would definetly be something useful "after" the war. Thats a backup, you are right^^

dinofire posted: »

Nice catch. Duncan mentions to Gared in E2 that Gregor had written lots of notes on the North Grove, so we've got a backup I guess?

• edited July 2015

Sorry if I kinda ruined some part of the game for you. Even before I noticed this "issue" of the North Grove, I had the feeling that the North Grove cant help the Forresters "now". I mean what could the North Grove be that cant be too powerful to be mentioned in the books/show but strong enough to save houses from destruction or defeat other houses? If belieave its the citadel Sylvi mentioned that keeps the cold out, and where ironwood is stored. Maybe its even some fortress thats built out of ironwood. I mean the wood cant really burn, so it could also protect people from coming winter?

There's also that necklace that Lord Gregor gave to all his children. You know what ? After reading your post I'm starting to firmly believe

• Seems legit. If it's a stash of ironwood, how would Gared drag it back to the Wall ? ^^

Sorry if I kinda ruined some part of the game for you. Even before I noticed this "issue" of the North Grove, I had the feeling that the Nor

• The future of the house may be determined if Gared mastered the strenght challenge at the wall, lifting these barrels. Failing or mastering it had no consequences so far...

Seems legit. If it's a stash of ironwood, how would Gared drag it back to the Wall ? ^^

• Plus Finn is dead. Well shit... It seems this is our doom

The future of the house may be determined if Gared mastered the strenght challenge at the wall, lifting these barrels. Failing or mastering it had no consequences so far...

• edited July 2015

That scene after he died was the first time I yelled at my monitor: "Burn his body! You even have the torch in your hand!" while playing a Telltale game. I kinda expected him to die, but then they just stand there, mourn a little and then run away. They really let him become one of them, I cant believe it. I really liked him and kinda treated Cotter a littlebit too bad because of that. I always had the feeling that Cotter was somehow evil and dont wanted him to accompany me. I secretly hoped he dies somehow at Castle Black. But now he seems ok and he and Sylvi are all thats left, shit.

Plus Finn is dead. Well shit... It seems this is our doom

• He was the only one who totally owned that strength challenge :(

That scene after he died was the first time I yelled at my monitor: "Burn his body! You even have the torch in your hand!" while playing a T

• After thinking a while about it I believe they just forgot about that possibility. I mean they forgot about many things like Gregors great sword or Finns knife, and maybe even Margaerys key (but I believe it will have a role in episode 6). They will just find a way to fix that, like we said maybe Talia or the mother know about it or Rodrik left a note. Or they will just all die and it wont be important anymore...

• edited July 2015

If it's a source of Ironwood Gared could bring it back in the form of acorns/pine cones/seeds (whatever the Ironwood is as species).

Perhaps during episode 6 as we at last get the upper hand, desperate Whitehills burn nearly all what's left of our forests so if they can't have it, nobody can have it, and we are victorious but bitter, knowing our house is ruined forever.

But ta-da, Gared shows up with a huge bag of Ironwood fruits and saves the future of the Forresters.

...Mmm. On the one hand the North Grove being the original source for the Ironwood would make sense, on the other hand Gared's quest having been all about fucking fruits would be kinda lame.

Seems legit. If it's a stash of ironwood, how would Gared drag it back to the Wall ? ^^

• Will he show up on a sleigh pulled by flying direwolves ?

If it's a source of Ironwood Gared could bring it back in the form of acorns/pine cones/seeds (whatever the Ironwood is as species). Perh

• edited July 2015

The problem still is: How will Gared pass the wall? The only way I can imagine is using a boat. The Stannis event (attacking Mance) isnt so far in the future, maybe he can go back with Stannis, or maybe he will even met Jon Snow again since he returns to the wall with Stannis. Or Gared really climbs the wall. I mean Cotter must have done that before, so he knows how to do that. And I wonder if Gared will meet Frostfinger again. He seems like someone with authority and was never mentioned in the show. Maybe Gared can/have to kill him.

If it's a source of Ironwood Gared could bring it back in the form of acorns/pine cones/seeds (whatever the Ironwood is as species). Perh

• Gared has no way to pass the Wall and Stannis has no love for oathbreakers.

Regarding Frostfinger I really think he's been underused so far. He's just been the typical hardened douchebag superior who acts like a dick for the sake of being a dick...

The problem still is: How will Gared pass the wall? The only way I can imagine is using a boat. The Stannis event (attacking Mance) isnt so

• How would Stannis know that Gared broke his vows? The only thing that could happen is that Jon tells him that, but I think Jon would keep that to himself. And why is climbing it impossible, I mean Cotter probably did that already. And why is using a boat impossible? I wont say I belieave these things, but I dont want Gared to die and he probably has to come back if the North Grove can save his house. But Iam hoping he stays at the North Grove, I dont believe it will save his house.

Gared has no way to pass the Wall and Stannis has no love for oathbreakers. Regarding Frostfinger I really think he's been underused so f

• He got locked up, Frostfinger is alive, there were guards who stood vigil at his cell, deserting by itself is treason. C'mon the whole Watch knows about it at this point...

How would Stannis know that Gared broke his vows? The only thing that could happen is that Jon tells him that, but I think Jon would keep th

• edited July 2015

Now I know why you woudlnt agree with me. When I said go back with Stannis I meant with most of his army, with the many ones that drive back with the boats, with the ones that dont go to castle black. Iam not stupid, going back right to castle black will be his death, thats not to discussion^^

I never said I believe that, but I would like that. I dont want him to die.

He got locked up, Frostfinger is alive, there were guards who stood vigil at his cell, deserting by itself is treason. C'mon the whole Watch knows about it at this point...

• You mean camping with the Wildlings until Jon comes to Hardhome ? Because the only way to return South is by crossing the Wall, which Gared can't return to

Now I know why you woudlnt agree with me. When I said go back with Stannis I meant with most of his army, with the many ones that drive back

• edited July 2015

The Stannis/Mance event is at episode 10 of season 4. At the moment Jon is probably killing traitors at crasters episode 5 of season 4 if I remember correctly. Gared still has to find the North Grove, reveal the secret, think of a way to help house Forrester and then return. There wont be much sparetime for Gared. Hardhome has nothing to do with that, you mix something up here. And the only way to return home is not just crossing the wall, there are boats, Stannis did that. Did you even read my whole comment?

You mean camping with the Wildlings until Jon comes to Hardhome ? Because the only way to return South is by crossing the Wall, which Gared can't return to

• I believe you're the one mistaken. The Wall is THE ONLY WAY to cross the Wall. They didn't show it in the show to add to the surprise and drama but Stannis did come from the Wall. Why do you think the Wildling have been trying to cross it for centuries ? Unless you're talking about Eastwatch and the Shadow Tower but those are extremely inconvenient and Gared could not make it there.

That's why I am saying that unless he remains at Hardhome and joins the Wildlings, he won't be able to come back.

The Stannis/Mance event is at episode 10 of season 4. At the moment Jon is probably killing traitors at crasters episode 5 of season 4 if I

• edited July 2015

Ok I didnt knew that they crossed the wall and Iam sorry about that. But in my defense, in the show Jon went to talk to Mance, he goes in his tent and talks with him for about 5 minutes. Then 6000 riders approach and attack them. I dont think 6000 people (on horses) could cross the wall so fast. When Jon left the wall there was no Stannis, 15 minutes later 6000 man are on the other side. I believed and even some "experts" said that Stannis was on the other side of the wall already, coming with his boats to the other side. But HBO screwed some scenes in the show before, wouldnt be the first. Sorry about that.

But Cotter must have climbed the wall already then, to be on the other side of the wall. Maybe he can show Gared that too. Would be awesome gameplay to climb up the wall, I think. But I doubt that will ever happen.

I believe you're the one mistaken. The Wall is THE ONLY WAY to cross the Wall. They didn't show it in the show to add to the surprise and dr

• You're all forgiven :)

I guess Cotter did cross the Wall or something lol I don't know. Or maybe not since Sylvi is still North of the Wall.

Ok I didnt knew that they crossed the wall and Iam sorry about that. But in my defense, in the show Jon went to talk to Mance, he goes in hi

• He said he was on a mission and passed himself as a local. Then they caught him stealing and sentenced him to the wall. Sounds like he was on the other side, if his story is true. But it kinda has to be true, otherwise they would have just killed him.

You're all forgiven I guess Cotter did cross the Wall or something lol I don't know. Or maybe not since Sylvi is still North of the Wall.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.