Sign for Bone 3!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Not sure if I ever signed this. I guess I could check, but if not... signed now.
  • edited August 2009
    Same here!
  • edited August 2009
    I am a huge bone fan and if you don't make bone 3 i think i'm gonna scream!
  • edited August 2009
    go bone
  • edited August 2009
    Currently at 529 signatures. I think that's pretty good for a petition that's only had exposure through this thread and my forum signature.
  • edited August 2009
    I recently used my free codes with Bone, and its a shame that only 2 parts of the whole story is all we got.

Was there any explanation of why it was cancelled?

Maybe it didnt sold well? In that case it makes sense, although its still a pity.
  • edited August 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Was there any explanation of why it was cancelled? Maybe it didnt sold well?
    I don't think there has been any official explanation, but rumor has it that these games did not sell very well. - And there are several good explanations why:
    • The "Bone" characters were not very well known (I don't know about the US, but not in the rest of the world.)
    • This had been Telltale's first adventure game (as far as I know), so they have not had as much publicity as today.
    • To be honest, if I would only have bought the first episode, I probably would not have bought the second one, as it is quite short and way too easy.
    But all this has changed in the meantime: The characters are better known now, they have much publicity, and they have proved by the second episode already that they know how to make great adventure games. - And therefore I do not understand why they do not complete the series. :(

Well, that is not really true: Seeing that games like "Tales of Monkey Island" or "Sam & Max" are such a fast-selling item, I would probably also continue with a second MI series or a third S&M series which means lower risk and probably more revenue than another "Bone" episode...
  • edited August 2009
    535 and counting..
  • edited August 2009
    I just played through the two games. They were quite enjoyable, I would like to see more.

Signed.
  • edited August 2009
    i hope for two things: 1, that they finnish the Bone games, because the story gets more serious as it progresses, which would be very interesting for a cute, cuddly, family-friendly adventure game from Telltale, and 2, that they make a series out of Jeff Smith's new comic, RASL. that would be even more interesting, because it's serious all the way through, and it's by the same guy who made Bone. plus, it's AWESOME! just look at my siggy. isn't it obvious that i'm a fanboy? i'll get right to sighning that petition. here's me Knocking on wood!
  • edited September 2009
    Regarding Bone, some might find this video interview with Dan Connors from the gamescom 09 interesting:

-> http://www.gamerglotze.de/ViewMovie?flv_id=2388
  • edited September 2009
    Listen I'm a programer and I might be able to make the next Bone game! There is hope!:)
  • edited September 2009
    [*]The "Bone" characters were not very well known (I don't know about the US, but not in the rest of the world.)

I don't think that's true. For what it is, Bone is a very popular comic, and its success is very much international. It's likely much more well-known than Sam & Max. The key difference is that Sam & Max's install base is for the most part already associated with the online space and gaming, which fits in well with Telltale's purposes. Strong Bad is similar. Bone is more akin to Wallace and Gromit in that while they both have large audiences (though I suspect W&G is much more widely known), they aren't necessarily audiences that are easy to connect to when it comes time to sell them digital adventure games based on the characters. No doubt Telltale knew a lot less about how to reach that audience in 2005 than they do now.
  • edited September 2009
    The "Bone" characters were not very well known (I don't know about the US, but not in the rest of the world.)

And you think people know who Sam & Max are, except for those who actually care about adventure games? Before Telltale started making new Sam & Max games, very few people cared about these characters.

Telltale managed to successfully market it and hey, now it's a success. I don't understand why it shouldn't work the same with Bone. The comics are out there for people to buy. If Telltale would be as persistent in marketing Bone as they are with other titles, I'm sure it would turn out ok.

Anyway, I signed the petition, not that ~600 signatures matters to Telltale. Maybe one day, when they're laying on bags of cash, they'll pick Bone up once again.
  • edited September 2009
    And you think people know who Sam & Max are, except for those who actually care about adventure games? Before Telltale started making new Sam & Max games, very few people cared about these characters.

Bone and S&M may not be that different regarding popularity of their comics, but there is a big difference, which is the existance of Hit The Road, one of the best-known graphical adventures of all time. Naturally announcing a game with those characters would spawn much more interest than a relatively unknown franchise (for gamers, if you will) in the hands of a new, unknown developer. Maybe if the film is successful they'd get a great chance to keep going with Bone, but then there's the issue of the two games that have already been released... it wouldn't be too cool to have three (seven?) chapters in widescreen and with better graphics and two with few options and somewhat dated (they still look good, but Out From Boneville could use a bit of fleshing out since it's pretty short and easy).
  • edited September 2009
    Bone and S&M may not be that different regarding popularity of their comics

I'm a huge Sam & Max fan, but I'd say there's more Bone than Sam & Max out there. When it comes to comics alone, that is.
    (...) but there is a big difference, which is the existance of Hit The Road, one of the best-known graphical adventures of all time.

Strong Bad was made into a successful game and it didn't even have to have its own comic. If you can make a successful game based on a series of flash animations, you can do equally good with a comic and characters that have been around for years.

The only real advantage Sam & Max has is the connection to Steve Purcell, who was also involved in other Lucas Arts games. I'm glad that new Sam & Max games did so well, but Bone is a fun title and I'd like to see the series finished.

I'm sure that betting on popular franchises like Wallace & Gromit, or the now well known Strong Bad is a good business decision, but I'd say Telltale Games is now an established developer, releasing games for multiple platforms, and I would like to think they can afford to give Bone a chance.
    it wouldn't be too cool to have three (seven?) chapters in widescreen and with better graphics and two with few options and somewhat dated (they still look good, but Out From Boneville could use a bit of fleshing out since it's pretty short and easy).

Didn't Sam & Max get widescreen support on the Wii? I'm sure the team can manage some adjustments here and there. Besides, Bone games look ok to me. No need for fancy shmancy depth of field and the rest.
  • edited September 2009
    Full accordance to Mordens words.
    I would be glad if I'll see further episodes of Bone.

I'm not a fan of Sam & Max but I'm a fan of Bone.
    Yes, I know the nearly famous adventure "Hit the Road", but I didn't like it those days and I don't like it now.
    I love MonkeyIsland and I bought ToMI immediately and I would do the same with Bone.

I also think, there's a big fan-scene of the Bone-comics out there and it would take only a bit marketing to bring the guys to the adventure.
  • edited September 2009
    I hate to break it to you guys... just like Shenmue III (*cry*) no amount of begging & pleading will make this happen.
  • edited September 2009
    DONT PLAY THE BONE GAMES! THEY ARE BASED OFF OF COMIC BOOKS! READ THE SERIES BY JEFF SMITH! IT IS CALLED BONE, THERE IS: book 1 out from boneville, book 2 the great cow race, book 3 eyes of the storm, book 4 the dragonslayer, book 5 rock jaw: master of the eastern border, book 6 old man's cave, book 7 ghost circles, book 8 treasure hunters, book 9 crown of horns. There is also a 10th book that is not in the series and it is called:

BONE: Rose
  • edited September 2009
    yeah definitely read the bone books. the games leave out a lot of stuff, and the story continues past the great cow race. they're amazing books, really worth reading.
  • edited September 2009
    DONT PLAY THE BONE GAMES! THEY ARE BASED OFF OF COMIC BOOKS! READ THE SERIES BY JEFF SMITH! IT IS CALLED BONE, THERE IS: book 1 out from boneville, book 2 the great cow race, book 3 eyes of the storm, book 4 the dragonslayer, book 5 rock jaw: master of the eastern border, book 6 old man's cave, book 7 ghost circles, book 8 treasure hunters, book 9 crown of horns. There is also a 10th book that is not in the series and it is called:

That is not a valid reason not to play the games...

I played the games first, then bought the comic books and read them with the voices from the games. They fit so perfect :D
  • edited September 2009
    but people SHOULD read the books, yes?

:P
  • edited September 2009
    Come ooooonnnn Telltale, finish the job. We want more Bone games!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    PLEASE HAVE A BONE 3 I LOVE THIS... AND WHAT ABOUT YOUR TRUE FANS LIKE ME. I REALY LOVE THIS GAME AND WHEN I FIRST READ THE COMICS I JUST GOT STUCK TO IT. I REALLY HOPE WE GET A NEW BONE IN :) PLEASE - by the way ;) good stuff Jeff Smith and Telltalegames.com on making these games and for your future games. Good luck. haha now im off to play Bone
  • edited October 2009
    Yes that is true there is not a reason to not play the games. I played The cow race Ages ago.... then after a couple of years i read the first book. and i just Simply got Addicted to it ;) The games are Great and so are the Comics.
  • edited October 2009
    did anybody notice I listed the whole bone series without using the internet except using it to type that in on the forum?
  • edited October 2009

You know, that is not a valid point at all to play a game. I mean seriously, thats like me saying. " DON'T PLAY MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE IT'S BASED OF A COMIC BOOK PUT OUT BY MARVEL COMICS!" I'm really not trying to be an ass or anything, but your statement points out the obvious things, and the Bone games are good way to advertise the comics, so more people will go out and buy the books, and enjoy them too..and honestly..I only remember bone from the little comics he had in Disney adventure magazine when I was a kid. But now that i played the video games, I'm planning on buying the books, thats how that works.

I played the video game, and now I want to buy the books. So if I didn't play the games, and have vague memories of the character, I would have passed the game up, and never wanted to buy the book.
  • edited October 2009
    Loke wrote: »
    I played the games first, then bought the comic books and read them with the voices from the games. They fit so perfect :D

i actually bought the comic books first. i bought the BRICK Edition right when it came out back in 2004. then when i found out that they were making games out of them, i jumped for joy. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Look what I found.
    DEN: What about some of the other franchises, I know you have announced the next Sam and Max, but what about future installments of Bone, or Strong Bad?

DG: There won’t be any more Bone games, our agreement ended. But Strong Bad, we liked working with the Brothers Chap. We worked very closely with them.
  • edited October 2009
    Well, if that's true then it's kind of sad that they aren't able saying so on their own forum.
  • edited October 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Well, if that's true then it's kind of sad that they aren't able saying so on their own forum.

They answered it at Pax, and some other company is doing a bone game. Who I do not know.
  • edited October 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    They answered it at Pax, and some other company is doing a bone game. Who I do not know.
    Still lame somehow, as there is a petition running on their forum, i think it's something you really could expect.
  • edited October 2009
    Uh....i hate to burst the creator of this threads bubble, but.....it's been, like, 2 years since this was posted, annnnnd......there has not been a single update on the third bone game, which hasn't been a surprise to me since i read an update on WIKIPEDIA! Soooo.....yea.
  • edited November 2009
    ........To soon?
  • edited November 2009
    NO! Seriously...saddest news in the entire world...Oh well, I guess there are worst things like Homestarrunner going out of business. Still...extreamly sad.
  • edited November 2009
    ^Despite the above...

...signed.
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry I don't think I'll be able to help but PLEASE mAKE THIS AN AWESOmE GAmE YES I Am mISSING cAPITAL m AND c!
  • edited December 2009
    There won't be a bone three, as the licensing now belongs to Warner Bros.
  • edited January 2010
    Kinda sad though.
  • edited January 2010
    Sign
Sign in to comment in this discussion.