Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Kill him]

Raenna The moment she entered the tavern, Raenna Minsworth knew she had made a mistake. Not a deadly one, hopefully, at least not for her

• [Kill him] Really like Raenna the character so far. I personally see her as a killer though and someone smart enough to know that keeping witnesses is a bad idea.

Raenna The moment she entered the tavern, Raenna Minsworth knew she had made a mistake. Not a deadly one, hopefully, at least not for her

• Exactly.

husmusen posted: »

maybe he has a deep and tragic backstory, that shows that he has a bastard that he has neglected, and in the face of death he decides that the bastard is truly his child... He can also be a lying asshole, but who knows

• Didn't the other guy already go to tell him?

[Kill him] Don't want his boss to find out.

• [Spare him] She already let the other guy go so Butterfly will hear of this anyway.

• Wow Liquid i think this is the first time i've seen 2 entirely different outlooks on one character during a vote (im referring to Wildking and Bounden)

• Just out of curiosity why would she let the other guy go then?

Bounden posted: »

[Kill him] Really like Raenna the character so far. I personally see her as a killer though and someone smart enough to know that keeping witnesses is a bad idea.

• Because she scared him enough for there to be a chance that he would spill the beans. Also she isn't completely evil, the man was just to become a father. He also tried to do things peacefully, though it was some scummy stuff to be doing none the less.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Just out of curiosity why would she let the other guy go then?

• edited August 2015

That's true and very interesting for me, as these two views are indeed completely different. In my opinion, both views on her are correct in a certain way. She is a killer, she was trained by killers and she had absolutely no problem in killing or seriously wounding these four men. Of course, these men are complete scum, but ending their lives came still quite easy for her. However, she also clearly has a heart, as evidenced in her sparing that jackass who happened to be the father of a newborn girl and in her genuine concern for the innkeeper's wellbeing. She's definitely a character with an interesting set of morals :)

Wow Liquid i think this is the first time i've seen 2 entirely different outlooks on one character during a vote (im referring to Wildking and Bounden)

• Fair enough. Good logic.

Because she scared him enough for there to be a chance that he would spill the beans. Also she isn't completely evil, the man was just to be

• I'm pretty sure she wouldn't kill him for being an asshole, but the fact that he shows to be more of a threat. She is an assassin after all.

[Spare him] Yes, he is an asshole, but I already like Raenna and to me she seems like someone who wouldn't kill for such a small reason.

• Yeah. Congrats on making another complex character Liquid :).

That's true and very interesting for me, as these two views are indeed completely different. In my opinion, both views on her are correct in

• [Spare him]

• You are to good at making great stories out of these characters.

That's true and very interesting for me, as these two views are indeed completely different. In my opinion, both views on her are correct in

• [Kill him] 

This time I won't forgive you if you don't use "This is Sparta" line!

• I think she could spare the liar, who seems clearly to be one, unless the whole situation took his skill of counting and speaking like a "human being" away. She already made quite a mess in the poor man's Inn, there is too much blood already... and about Butterfly finding out...? He would find out anyway, with him death or not.

mr.quality posted: »

[Kill Him] Only because of this line: “Don't kill me, I beg you! I have a family too! My... my old mother. She's sick! And I have thre

• [Spare him]

I love this character already! Is she the girl Alysanne mentioned when she asked if her and Kersea could be friends? Would I be correct in assuming Raenna is a former member of Clayton's group of assassins?

• I was hoping he would return to his wife, but i doubt it would be that easy.

Didn't the other guy already go to tell him?

• Personally I don't see this guy being a threat - Maron hearing of what happened is already inevitable so killing him doesn't achieve anything more than the satisfaction that comes from killing assholes. Well, that's my take on the situation at least :D And I'm not too disappointed if the kill option wins, as you said she is an assasin so it's understandable.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't kill him for being an asshole, but the fact that he shows to be more of a threat. She is an assassin after all.

• [Kill him]

• edited August 2015

Yes, you are correct both times here. Raenna is a former member of Clayton's group and the only one Kersea has fond memories of. Alysanne and Kersea mentioned her a few times in the last chapter. There will be a bit more revealed about the group and their backstory in the next Raenna part, including her reasons for abandoning them.

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Spare him] I love this character already! Is she the girl Alysanne mentioned when she asked if her and Kersea could be friends? Would I be correct in assuming Raenna is a former member of Clayton's group of assassins?

• Your point makes sense, it could really go either way.

Personally I don't see this guy being a threat - Maron hearing of what happened is already inevitable so killing him doesn't achieve anythin

• [Kill him]

• Does the whole group think she's dead?

Yes, you are correct both times here. Raenna is a former member of Clayton's group and the only one Kersea has fond memories of. Alysanne an

• Alysanne and Kersea definitely think so and while Alysanne is very happy about this, Kersea still has the hopes that Raenna just faked her death. Clayton might be a bit harder to deceive, but so far she has given him no reason to believe that she is still alive and she won't concern him as long as she does not get in his way. As for Wolfius, he joined the group only after Raenna's supposed death, so he doesn't even know about her existence.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Does the whole group think she's dead?

• [Kill him]

Sorry, but this is Game of Thrones. Plus, he seems like he's obviously lying for sympathy.

• AdranaxAdranax Banned
    edited August 2015

[Kill him]

• edited August 2015

[Spare him] A man already learned his lesson.

Btw, I can remember that in one of Noelle's visions there was a half dragon girl. I'm pretty sure it's Raenna. Seems like she's gonna be an important character for the story!

• edited August 2015

[Kill him]

• [Kill him]

• [Kill him]

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2015

This is a somewhat random question, but I stumbled upon something today. Something, that I was not expecting, about a certain thing in this story. Not like Aegon or anything, something far minor.

Liquid you sly dog. Now I hope a certain someone has a brother or son or something like that, because if not that means they will survive the story, and I will be very upset if they do.

My hint to you Liquid, of what I imply, is no other than Stannis Baratheon and the Reach. It's kind of hard to see it, but if you put two and two together, you might just see the way. It is towered high above, but joins the blacks flying.

InGen out.

• edited August 2015

It took me a bit to solve this riddle and I had to look up a certain fact in the wiki for it, but I think I got behind it. Especially thanks to your mentioning of the king formerly known as the Mannis, I realized what this was about. Very nicely done!

I can reveal that the certain someone you mean has a cousin and several children, but it does not automatically confirm that this character is going to die. As with most deaths in this story, it is going to depend on your choices. In this case it is going to depend heavily on your choices, as several drastically different endings for this character are planned.

This is a somewhat random question, but I stumbled upon something today. Something, that I was not expecting, about a certain thing in this

• Are we talking about Mullendore here? Or who? Naah, I'm too tired to solve riddles atm :D

This is a somewhat random question, but I stumbled upon something today. Something, that I was not expecting, about a certain thing in this

• It took me a bit to solve this riddle and I had to look up a certain fact in the wiki for it, but I think I got behind it. Especially thanks to your mentioning of the king formerly known as the Mannis, I realized what this was about. Very nicely done!

Yeah, I was just browsing the book wiki, reading about the Dance of Dragons, and I somehow came across this. It shocked me, because I thought that was your invention.

I can reveal that the certain someone you mean has a cousin and several children, but it does not automatically confirm that this character is going to die. As with most deaths in this story, it is going to depend on your choices. In this case it is going to depend heavily on your choices, as several drastically different endings for this character are planned.

Well....them having children. That's something I wouldn't expect from them. I'm glad about those choices, because you know which one I want.

If anyone somehow figures out the riddle, please do say it. We wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for everyone, now would we?

It took me a bit to solve this riddle and I had to look up a certain fact in the wiki for it, but I think I got behind it. Especially thanks

• Yeah, I was just browsing the book wiki, reading about the Dance of Dragons, and I somehow came across this. It shocked me, because I thought that was your invention.

That was absolutely not my invention. In fact, it was the picture on their wiki page which inspired me in a very specific aspect of the plot.

Well....them having children. That's something I wouldn't expect from them.

Perhaps it's going to make sense once I reveal how all of these children had been conceived. All of them are bastards, by the way, as this character is not married. And with the sole exception of one child, most of them don't even know about their connection to this character and don't even have a bastard surname. One of these bastards has already appeared in the story, by the way.

It took me a bit to solve this riddle and I had to look up a certain fact in the wiki for it, but I think I got behind it. Especially thanks

• One of these bastards has already appeared in the story, by the way.

I just had a nightmare thought. I think you know who I'm referring to.

Yeah, I was just browsing the book wiki, reading about the Dance of Dragons, and I somehow came across this. It shocked me, because I though

• [Kill him] Pathetic, is just too damn fool to lie, if we spare him he wll say that his old mon is not that sich as the new one!

• [Kill him]

• edited August 2015

The Voting is closed!

Raenna will kill the man

This was an important choice for her storyline. Only time (and the alternative choices at the end of the chapter) will tell if this was a wise decision or not. It won't have much immediate consequences, but there might be positive or negative consequences coming out of this later.

Would you like to hear something truly nice for once? Raenna will never again encounter Karl, the man she convinced to leave. Despite his threats, he won't go back to Butterfly, instead he will rethink his life. He will return to his wife and daughter and will be genuinely thankful for the second chance Raenna gave him. Sounds too much like a happy ending for Game of Thrones? Well, perhaps its sounds more thrones-ish if I reveal that his hand will never fully heal, leaving his work opportunities limited and his family in a life of poverty. However, it will still be a lot more than they would have had if Raenna would have just ended Karl's life in this situation. It's something, at least.

Why am I telling you this? Mostly because the next part will be so ridiculously dark that I feel the need to slightly compensate for the imbalance it will inevitably cause. The next part will be a Lucas part and it would have been finished yesterday, it it weren't for me having to take a break from writing for a few hours. Originally, it was planned as a Lucas/Torvin part, but now, Torvin got moved to the part after the next one, probably together with Garthon. Instead, the Lucas part grew a bit longer, to my horror and it is dark. I apologize in advance for it, but sadly, Lucas' parts in this chapter will be very necessary because the choices in them potentially change a lot.

Finally, even before finishing this next part, I'd like to reveal one redeeming quality Maron Mullendore has: As sociopathic and sadistic as he is, even he refrains from singing nursery rhymes while at work, unlike a new character who will be introduced in this part and who will be horrifying enough to slightly creep the Butterfly himself out. This little piggy oughta be very, very afraid...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.