Where the...Darkness?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    noogie.jpg

I'm skeptical. Notice how his knees are in a position that show them moving in the motion of a cercopithecoid? My theory? It's a monkey in a Noogie costume.
  • edited October 2009
    His glasses are too big.
    'Nuff said.
  • edited October 2009
    "I was camping when I saw it.... across the river... at first I didnt know what I was looking at......then it moved, stood up and ran into the woods"
  • edited October 2009
    "I was camping when I saw it.... across the river... at first I didnt know what I was looking at......then it moved, stood up and ran into the woods"

I'm sorry to say to you Mr. Ehem... Do you prefer Mr. Mile or Mr. McMenamin? Anyway, but you have become the victim of hoax. That sir, is obviously a monkey in a Noogie costume...
  • edited October 2009
    I suppose I should cancel the t-shirts then
  • edited October 2009
    I suppose I should cancel the t-shirts then

I won't tell if you give me eh... 30(?) free.
  • edited October 2009
    noogie.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! :)
  • edited October 2009
    spotted Grog Looting
    groglooter.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    911guy2.jpg
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2009
    Spotted at the park!

noogie_park.png
  • edited October 2009
    OO
    __

Spotted being letters!
  • edited October 2009
    Spotted on a lunch break
    lunchxj.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    The Noog is not dead, the Noog is not deeeeeeaead! I said, the Noog is not dead.
  • edited October 2009
    monanoogie.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    Some weird stuff going on in this thread.
  • edited October 2009
    jfk-in-car2.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    Some weird stuff going on in this thread.

Yeah but it's kind of fun, and it also gives us something to do until the next chapter comes out. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Err. We should make a separate topic for this..
  • edited October 2009
    I heard Noogie's releasing his debut single next week.
  • edited October 2009
    Can't wait to hear it! :p
  • edited October 2009
    Majus, you should dress up as Noogie in your next video. Pillow under your shirt, fake chin, BLAM! Thread back on topic. Seriously, have you guys thought about making video for Halloween? It is kind of the unofficial TTG holiday.
  • edited October 2009
    balloonoogie.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    this has turned from wheres the darkness to wheres noogie
  • edited October 2009
    this has turned from wheres the darkness to wheres noogie

Yeah... Irish has started a new thread for Noogie Watch....
  • edited October 2009
    Back on topic, judging by the new TTG homepage, fans of The Darkness should be happy!
  • edited October 2009
    Back on topic, jusging by the new TTG homepage, fans of The Darkness should be happy!

Oh wow! Thanks Gibbon! I always forget one should take a look at the main TTG page from time to time.

SPOILERS:

A skull in a courtroom...?
  • edited October 2009
    No worries - it actaully looks like the trial will take place outside the courthouse, does anyone have Narwal installed to check that is the front of the courthouse?
  • edited October 2009
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Oh wow! Thanks Gibbon! I always forget one should take a look at the main TTG page from time to time.

SPOILERS:
    A skull in a courtroom...?

:) When posting spoilers, use the spoilers tag.

Since there's people (like me) avoiding everything.
    Back on topic, judging by the new TTG homepage, fans of The Darkness should be happy!

Considering this thread, the Morgan vs Elaine thing and Limozeen, this seems somewhat appropriate.
  • edited October 2009
    I don't know why people are still wondering if the game will get darker. One of the designers, I think possibly Mike has already been quoted in an interview (which I'll be damned if I can find now, when I need it) as saying there is a thematic transition from day to night at the series goes on, and so far:

Chapter 1: Day
    Chapter 2: Sunset
    chapter 3: Mostly inside a manatee/underwater, ends in Sunset again.

So I think it's pretty safe to assume that the next episode at least will mainly take place at night.
  • edited October 2009
    Chapter 1: Day
    Chapter 2: Sunset
    chapter 3: Mostly inside a manatee/underwater, ends in Sunset again.
    Actually, Chapter 1 started out with a night scene, then it was mostly daytime, and it was sunset in the end. Chapter 2 was sunset all the time, except for the last scene, which was clearly at night. So, Chapter 3 started with a night scene, then it was underwater, a few day scenes, and it ended at sunset.

So, it seems like there are always several times of the day in one chapter. It could very well be that Chapter 4 starts out with a sunset scene, just like Chapter 3 ended, then it's mostly night (or inside the court), and in the end, there might be a morning scene (executions do take place in the morning, right?).
    Just my guess.

But I don't think the "darkness" of a game depends on the ratio of day or night scenes. It's mainly the story, like MI2 was definitely darker than SMI, even though SMI was mainly set on the dark Mêlée Island.
  • edited October 2009
    balloonoogie.jpg

Find the photoshop thread and post it there!

Amazing!
  • edited October 2009
    I dont think anyone will ask that question agian after chapter 4
  • edited October 2009
    Club 41 and the Courthouse sufficiently fit the darkness theme imo.
  • edited October 2009
    Nakid wrote: »
    Club 41 and the Courthouse sufficiently fit the darkness theme imo.

The character.....development certainly fits this theme too.

DeSinges lab for the second time was....amazing. It was just so atmospheric. Serious Guybrush.

It was like...woah.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, Chapter 4 is filled with darkness, both the literal and figurative kind. tbh I could never quite figure out which of those two the people in this forum were talking about :S
Sign in to comment in this discussion.