Should the Foresters have been weakened?

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Throughout the game, the reasons why the Forresters has so much trouble and difficulties are their weakened state. Most of their best soldiers are killed in the Red Wedding, Ethan's death result in more men deserting and they got their ironwood taken by the Whitehills due to the invention of Ramsay Snow.

Do you think the game would have still been good if the Forresters wasn't as weakened as they are in the game? Of course, keeping the Forresters weak creates a lot of conflict, drama and a goal to drive the plot. One of the things I found appealing in episode 1, was that Ethan was actively ruling and making judgement on the thief. I want to see more of that with Rodrik, but he keep getting restricted by the Whitehills, preventing him from actively ruling his lands.

I hope if there is a season 2, it will be about the Ironborn occupation in the North and the Forresters has to deal with them and coming to their liege lord House Glover's aid. We could see more actively ruling lands and passing judgement there.

Comments

• I had exactly same idea for season 2.

• I loved passing judgement as Ethan.

Also I'm a little disappointed that our smallfolk has been completely irrelevant so far. Thought Ethan and Rodrik's actions would have consequences on the support of their people.

When I made my Rodrik stand up again and again, it was not only for personal pride, but also to inspire my people and show them that their Lord is a model of courage and honor, and that someone doesn't tremble in fear before the Whitehill occupant.

And it would have been only fair that players who made Rodrik crawl in the mud in front of everyone suffered the contempt of their subjects.

I hope episode 6 will show that.

• Right? All the players that submitted (lying in the mud, kissing Ludd's arse) really need to be punished for their choices.

I loved passing judgement as Ethan. Also I'm a little disappointed that our smallfolk has been completely irrelevant so far. Thought Etha

• I don't know, I like both sides of it. Being strong and able to give commands was fun, but at the same time I "enjoyed" being in a bad position in a sense and having to rebuild right under our enemy's noses.

But yeah I hope season 2 is more like what you said. That would be great

• The Forresters being weakened drove the plot into a corner. The only way they can win now is if the Whitehills are terribly incompetent and make all of the worst decisions possible or through some deus ex machina. I agree that actually doing lordly stuff as Ethan was great and I wished we could do more as Rodrik/Asher

• Clashing steel against the Ironborns sounds totally badass. Also, it gives some story potential with Royland who fought in the Ironborn's rebellion during Robert's reign.

I don't know, I like both sides of it. Being strong and able to give commands was fun, but at the same time I "enjoyed" being in a bad posit

• I don't think so, I love that the Forresters are standing tall and strong although their a minor House and in a weak position, their like the underdogs and I love a good underdog story.

Iron From Ice

• Sadly, I don't think it will hold any story potential for Royland since for a large number of players he is the traitor and also for a number of them is dead.

Clashing steel against the Ironborns sounds totally badass. Also, it gives some story potential with Royland who fought in the Ironborn's rebellion during Robert's reign.

• Just looking at the possibilities. I love the story we got, but sometimes it is fun to think of the "What ifs"

Also you are right about the house's word "Iron from ice". Their hardship is making them stronger to the point of able to have a chance at the approaching winter. :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't think so, I love that the Forresters are standing tall and strong although their a minor House and in a weak position, their like the underdogs and I love a good underdog story. Iron From Ice

• Having such low self-esteem is a punishment by itself imo

Right? All the players that submitted (lying in the mud, kissing Ludd's arse) really need to be punished for their choices.

• Completely agree about the need for the townsfolk to have been a much bigger part for the segments at Ironrath. I thought for sure there would have been repercussions for either kissing the ring or submitting to Gryff or whether or not you left the Glenmore soldiers at Ironrath, but alas.

I loved passing judgement as Ethan. Also I'm a little disappointed that our smallfolk has been completely irrelevant so far. Thought Etha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.