The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• ...and other democrats wonder why I'm not pro-choice anymore.

Just one of many examples how we Americans bankroll murder.

Tinni posted: »

Short summary for those who aren't up to date on what is currently happening: there has recently been a number of undercover videos released

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2015

I remember hearing about the 10 dollar bill thing a while ago, and thought it's the stupidest fucking thing I heard that week. Maybe if this will come out of a woman's mouth, people will finally understand how stupid it is:

enter link description here

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited August 2015

I don't really care if a woman replaces him, but Andrew Jackson never should've been on the twenty. Not a good man, at all.

But why the ten? What did Alexander Hamilton do that was so offensive?

AWESOMEO posted: »

I remember hearing about the 10 dollar bill thing a while ago, and thought it's the stupidest fucking thing I heard that week. Maybe if this

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2015

I think they're replacing the 10 because it was already being changed for another reason, I'm not sure why.

BigBlindMax posted: »

I don't really care if a woman replaces him, but Andrew Jackson never should've been on the twenty. Not a good man, at all. But why the ten? What did Alexander Hamilton do that was so offensive?

• edited August 2015

Hmm, at this point it's still a bit hard to tell. I can say that it has definitely hurt the GOP to have so many candidates running. 17 is far too many, and it makes it difficult to give your attention to each candidate fully. Earlier this year I was leaning towards Walker, but he fell a bit flat last night, despite some of his answers being on point. I'd have to say I'm paying most attention to Rubio and Cruz.

I believe that both made strong/interesting arguments regarding illegal immigration, Abortion, our current economic situation, ISIS, and foreign policy to a degree. Cruz is sharp tongued and won't sugarcoat the truth, the man is chock full of courage and backbone. He's proven that he is not afraid to speak out against the Supreme Court or Congress when they are pushing something that is unconstitutional, even if he very well may be fighting alone. I agree that Americans traveling to the middle east to join ISIS should forfeit their citizenship. And we have consistently dropped the ball when it comes to neutralizing/eliminating ISIS as a threat, we've more or less abandoned our allies, and the nuclear deal with Iran is not only a terrible decision, but is also incredibly dangerous for America as a whole. It will only further destabilize the middle east, and we should not compromise/negotiate with a country that has voiced their desire to kill all Americans. ISIS is growing stronger, and they do not take us seriously. That needs to change. I liked that his closing statement detailed what he would do his first day in office, which would be to "rescind every illegal and unconstitutional executive action taken by Obama", as well as investigating Planned Parenthood. This is a small reason, but Cruz also has stood up for religious freedom in the past and wasn't afraid to express his faith when it was brought up in the debate, even though Kelly delivered the question in a somewhat condescending manner. As a Christian, that was nice to hear. I think it is quite telling that he spoke so candidly given that several people seem to be hellbent on erasing God from every aspect of society, or only wish to mock and/or bash Christianity whenever the topic of religion is brought up.

Both Rubio and Cruz spoke eloquently, there didn't seem to be too much side stepping of the questions with them. Rubio's answers were clear and succinct, I think that he benefited the most out of everyone in this debate. I appreciate that he didn't yield in his viewpoints when he was called out, he refused to back down, and wouldn't let his words be twisted. His take on Common Core and why it is inherently a bad idea was on point. I liked his point about Clinton not being able to lecture him on living paycheck to paycheck given his back story, as well as this bit about PP: “I think future generations will look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave a chance to live.” My thoughts exactly.

I also have my eye on Carson, he made a few good points when he was given a chance to speak. I liked his approach to a flat tax, a bit simplistic, but maybe that's what we need, simplicity. His bit about PC language and race relations rang true imo. He also correctly identifies Hilary's progressive agenda and her consistent use of the Alinsky Model. But he also seemed a little off his game, and wasn't assertive enough. Perhaps that was because this was his first debate, maybe he'll do better next time around.

As far as narrowing it down to one candidate, it's still too early to tell for me. The mods are also at fault imo, because a lot of their questions were cherry picked or were obviously meant only to rile up Trump. I'll keep an open mind, and wait to hear more until I make a concrete decision. But one thing for certain is that I will not be voting for that orange clown, Donald Trump.

BigBlindMax posted: »

As a democrat, I really hope he wins the nomination. Actually, scratch that, I don't like Hillary. Chris Christie maybe? @Tinni : Who, would you say, is your preferred candidate at this point?

• Andrew Jackson shouldn't be on the $20 bill anyway.

I remember hearing about the 10 dollar bill thing a while ago, and thought it's the stupidest fucking thing I heard that week. Maybe if this

• edited August 2015

Wait a seconds.>.>.> if all the people and not only the strangers, but even your friends tell you to kill yourself on a viral video, would you do it? Hopefully this question is irrelevant and of course there are multiple lesson to learn, you can even say that you learn to not play with a ghost, don't hold a blender closer to the computer and guns aren't for children, but the main theme was friendship. Don't bullying seems relevant, but you would not expect that your best friends bullying you? Not all the ghosts are evil, but mainly all the evil ghosts kill with no reason to be needed, like people themself. How are you so certain that the ghost know who it was responsible for video? Also the ghost was looking for revenge(I mean justice) rather the killing.

Really? What I got from the movie is don't bullying and evil ghosts are assholes that even though they know who is responsible, they'll kill everyone anyway.

• edited August 2015

enter image description here

What's your opinion on tlou sniper?

[Gasp] You take that back now, young mister!

• If everyone was telling me to kill myself, I would 1. Not be friends with dickwads 2. Tell the police. The girl in the movie did no such thing, instead she decided to shoot herself because why not? If I remember correctly, at the end of the movie it pretty much shows that the girl knew who posted the video all along. The entire thing she was on about was "Who posted the video?" and she knew, so pretty much, the ghost girl killed them all despite their role or how their life was going because she was stupid enough to shoot herself over something she could've went to the police about...But no, because then it would be a police drama and not a poorly done skype horror movie.

Wait a seconds.>.>.> if all the people and not only the strangers, but even your friends tell you to kill yourself on a viral vide

• enter image description here

His was not a president replace him with a girl I approve I think it's a fantastic idea and I'll like that women to be Rosa Parks to imo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

• https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Puc1xh_09aE/VXX-JnYP7zI/AAAAAAAAN1k/TfRaAFpiVrY/w426-h240/tumblr_m1o00yBZXC1r2zzb1o1_250.gif

Some people are truly sick and I hope I'm misjudged them.

@Markd4547 she is like a serial killer cold it's really disturbing

I agreed, it's just wrong and evil.

Short summary for those who aren't up to date on what is currently happening: there has recently been a number of undercover videos released

• "He was not a president replace him with a girl"

Um...I didn't know only presidents were on money and I didn't know Rosa Parks was. So, your logic is bad.

Markd4547 posted: »

His was not a president replace him with a girl I approve I think it's a fantastic idea and I'll like that women to be Rosa Parks to imo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

• I didn't know only presidents were on money

Exactly that's why I said it, If he was a president I would of said not to on the andrew Jackson issue

I don't agree with replacing presidents who earned it but for those who are not presidents on money I don't mind and in the case of Andrew Jackson who is not I think rosa with be an awesome choice simple

"He was not a president replace him with a girl" Um...I didn't know only presidents were on money and I didn't know Rosa Parks was. So, your logic is bad.

• "Presidents who earned it"...Because you know, no one else ever earned their positions on money. I'll have to save that gif whenever I get into a discussion with you though, so thanks for that.

I didn't know only presidents were on money Exactly that's why I said it, If he was a president I would of said not to on the an

• I'm pretty sure Andrew Jackson was a president though.

I didn't know only presidents were on money Exactly that's why I said it, If he was a president I would of said not to on the an

• no probem :)

"Presidents who earned it"...Because you know, no one else ever earned their positions on money. I'll have to save that gif whenever I get into a discussion with you though, so thanks for that.

• If he was I'm sorry I'm bad at american history but I'll love Rosa Parks to get on money anyway :)

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I'm pretty sure Andrew Jackson was a president though.

• Bruh, i'm glad you don't get to decide who gets on money. You don't even know our history, it's like me deciding the Queen of England should be on your money.

If he was I'm sorry I'm bad at american history but I'll love Rosa Parks to get on money anyway

• edited August 2015

You're very funny, still no one should take his life, police can't do a shit, pardon my language, the people will keep laughing and give her messages with "KILL YOURSELF", maybe she did tell to the police, anyway if I remember correctly and I am, the end of the video she knew the person that post the video and the person that record the video! Now pay attention that Mitch, Blaire boyfriend was the one that post the video and Blaire was the one that record Laura, and no one of them was a "friend" in the meaning of the word, you just don't know if a person is dickwad.

Now to correct you.. "It's a poorly horror skype movie but well done."

If everyone was telling me to kill myself, I would 1. Not be friends with dickwads 2. Tell the police. The girl in the movie did no such thi

• You're very funny

Would I be wrong to assume this is sarcasm?

still no one should take his life, police can't do a shit

I agree, suicide is stupid, I dislike it. Police can do things, if people tell you to kill yourself, you can report that and get them in serious trouble. If people see that you're serious about reporting it and getting them in trouble, they'll stop.

anyway if I remember correctly and I am, the end of the video she knew the person that post the video and the person that record the video!

She did, and she could've punished them instead of killing each and every single one of the people.

Now pay attention that Mitch, Blaire boyfriend was the one that post the video and Blaire was the one that record Laura, and no of them was a "friend" in the meaning of the word

Agreed, they're assholes.

you just don't know if a person is dickwad.

I mean, if someone's acting like a dickwad, they're most likely a dickwad. If someone records a video of you and then posts it just to make you feel like shit, they're most likely a dickwad and you should stop being around them.

Now to correct you.. "It's a poorly horror skype movie but well done."

Let's agree to this...The concept was bad but the movie was done fairly well.

• edited August 2015

I honestly find it annoying in how someone hates a character I like and tries to make their personal issues with that character seem like an objective problem with the writing and try to make everything that character has done look and sound very negative. I've fallen victim to this kind of behavior.

• You guys make me feel fucking stupid.

His strategy to win seems to be winning as a celebrity opposed to actually bringing good points to the table and holding his own as a candid

• I think Rosa Parks should be in the irish pound.

If he was I'm sorry I'm bad at american history but I'll love Rosa Parks to get on money anyway

• Why are you talking to him like that?

Bruh, i'm glad you don't get to decide who gets on money. You don't even know our history, it's like me deciding the Queen of England should be on your money.

• I don't get your moan, like if someone doesnt like a character that is too fault with the writing. The writing is what makes the character so obviously it is to fault if someone doesn't like a character

J-Master posted: »

I honestly find it annoying in how someone hates a character I like and tries to make their personal issues with that character seem like an

• A few reasons. The first one is that he's really ignorant about the subject and I find it kind of annoying, and he's not even trying to learn more about it. The second is that I just really don't like him.

papai46 posted: »

Why are you talking to him like that?

• The irony of irony, is good to think that someone can help you in a difficult situation, but you must believe me here, police can't do a shit.

She did, and she could've punished them instead of killing each and every single one of the people.

She did punish them, death sentence, maybe it was need to be in another way maybe not.

I mean, if someone's acting like a dickwad, they're most likely a dickwad. If someone records a video of you and then posts it just to make you feel like shit, they're most likely a dickwad and you should stop being around them.

Don't misjudge people by their look or appearance.
    http://i.imgur.com/uMyV6QV.jpg

You're very funny Would I be wrong to assume this is sarcasm? still no one should take his life, police can't do a shit

• police can't do a shit.

...But they can.

She did punish them, death sentence, maybe it was need to be in another way maybe not.

It should've been in another way. She could've punished those two people responsible for the entire incident instead of killing EVERYONE. It's really stupid, I don't even know if I should say in my opinion for this one, that she killed everyone for the mistakes of a few. Sure, they participated in it but they weren't responsible for the video being posted in the first place, which as the ghost stated the entire movie, was her reason for being there.

Don't misjudge people by their look or appearance

Who said that? I sure didn't. I said if they're acting like a dickwad, they're likely a dickwad. That's judging someone based on their actions.

The irony of irony, is good to think that someone can help you in a difficult situation, but you must believe me here, police can't do a shi

• This site is basically unusable at this point.

Mods? Any help whatsoever?

• Mobile?

ComingSoon posted: »

This site is basically unusable at this point. Mods? Any help whatsoever?

• The thing is, some folks tend to take certain situations a character does out of context just to make their point about them being a horrible person and claim there's an objective problem with the writing even though a lot of the writing flaws probably don't even exist.

Talimancer posted: »

I don't get your moan, like if someone doesnt like a character that is too fault with the writing. The writing is what makes the character so obviously it is to fault if someone doesn't like a character

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited August 2015

If you're on mobile, I think you're the only one having this problem because in my phone everything works fine.. Shitty phone perhaps?

ComingSoon posted: »

This site is basically unusable at this point. Mods? Any help whatsoever?

• You both suck ;]

Green613 posted: »

@TDMshadowCP enter link description here I'm the Fox @BenUseful is the Roy he sucks

• come catch this fox bish then we'll c who sux

TDMshadowCP posted: »

You both suck ;]

• enter image description here

A few reasons. The first one is that he's really ignorant about the subject and I find it kind of annoying, and he's not even trying to learn more about it. The second is that I just really don't like him.

• With the way you worded this, it made me visualize Rosa Parks in a cage with other dogs in Ireland, wanting to be adopted.

papai46 posted: »

I think Rosa Parks should be in the irish pound.

• Hey everyone, I thought I'd let you know it's my third year anniversary to the date since I joined this community.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to my thoughts, opinions and feelings.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.