The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Que?

Which one is mine?

• This is great

enter image description here

• http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/black-lives-matter-protesters-shut-down-bernie-sanders-rally/

Talk about biting the liberal hand that feeds you...

Also, why can't I post images any more? When I paste a URL and press the image button, a menu pops up that says "are you sure you want to do this" and then when I click okay, nothing happens.

• edited August 2015

Sorry for the late reply, thought some time away would do good.

I do. Japan certainly has great storytellers and artists. I only read/watch certain manga and anime since there's so much and I go for what's really eye-catching. Their stuff also inspired me into becoming a manga artist. It's where I feel most comfortable when I draw. B3

Proasheck posted: »

OMG!! Do you like anime and japanese stuff??!! Because it's like!! My favorite thing!!

• Jesus, are you fucking kidding me?!

Dracu98 posted: »

dude. they forgot the most important and stupid censorship ever. zabuzas sword. ok, I don't know about cn, to be honest, but in the german version, they just censored the whole f*cking sword. google it, it's true

• I'll never understand why they edit stories that are rated PG and try to show off to kids. Editing out things that are meant to be there is an insult to the original product. Keep it the way it is, let it stay true to itself. If younger audience want to watch it, by all means let them without the edits. It's just blood, kids see it when they hurt themselves anyway. Besides, it's not like Naruto is gory on the anime or has full blown nudity.

joshua007 posted: »

Tobi look at this, Cartoon Network version of Naruto. enter link description here

• edited August 2015

Well my best friend is moving... I paid him a visit today to check out how he's doing and his house is sold. We talked a lot about what's going on with each other, he's moving somewhere. He had to go to work so I didn't quite have a proper goodbye. I'm going to see him very shortly though for one more time. To have a proper farewell. Man... I hate goodbyes.

EDIT: Turns out he's moving on October. Oops!

• What kind of fake mexican are you¿

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Que?

• That's good Narutobi.

Well my best friend is moving... I paid him a visit today to check out how he's doing and his house is sold. We talked a lot about what's go

• Salt123's Movie of the Day.... Previously: Se7en Today: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

• edited August 2015

It's good, fun to play in long sessions. It's not one of the best games in the universe (that title goes to GTA V, IMO) like people have been saying, but I would recommend it.

I've been wanting to play it, but I'm an Xbox owner. Hopefully I can get a PS4 by the end of the year.

• Then what were the results?

• Idiots.

Hey, this might just get him the publicity he needs.

BigBlindMax posted: »

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/black-lives-matter-protesters-shut-down-bernie-sanders-rally/ Talk about biting the lib

• edited August 2015

I asked the same question myself when I found out he doesn't like tomatoes (no salsa?)

papai46 posted: »

What kind of fake mexican are you¿

• I don't know why this annoys me so much.

Flog61 posted: »

This is great

• Both.

Which one is mine?

• Yeah, maybe.

Those people are lucky. If they pulled that shit at a Hillary rally, security would've nailed them faster than you could say "Black lives matter".

Idiots. Hey, this might just get him the publicity he needs.

• edited August 2015

Shows the difference between Bernie and Hillary, huh? One allows criticism and the other shuts it down before it starts. Hell, Bernie's criticism is completely unfounded and based off of a misunderstanding and yet he still allows people to protest. It could help him actually, the more people talk about him, the more free publicity he get.

Edit: I actually take it back, I just watched the video of it and fucking wow, Bernie should've done something. These disrespectful women running up before he can deliver his speech then snatching the mic away to complain and attack the only presidential option who actually fucking cares about minorities and has supported the civil rights movement since MLK was alive. Fuck #BLM.

Yeah, maybe. Those people are lucky. If they pulled that shit at a Hillary rally, security would've nailed them faster than you could say "Black lives matter".

• I absolutely loved that movie. Not surprising since I happen to like playing the sport during gym class.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Salt123's Movie of the Day.... Previously: Se7en Today: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

• Probably because trying to brutally murder someone by setting them on fire is no laughing matter, even if they were bad people.

I don't know why this annoys me so much.

• That's one of the reasons...The other is making fun of it and even making jokes out of legitimate arguments against rape claims and actual ways to protect themselves from rape. It's just stupid and annoying.

kaleion posted: »

Probably because trying to brutally murder someone by setting them on fire is no laughing matter, even if they were bad people.

• Have a like.

That's one of the reasons...The other is making fun of it and even making jokes out of legitimate arguments against rape claims and actual ways to protect themselves from rape. It's just stupid and annoying.

• Thanks.

papai46 posted: »

Have a like.

• edited August 2015

The arguments it makes fun of are victim blaming ones.

It's like trying to solve gay people getting beaten up in Russia by telling gay people not to leave their homes or tell anyone in their lives they're gay and treating that as a good solution instead of actually targeting homophobia - people blame women for getting raped because they wear clothes they like, when we should be doing much more to educate about rape in the first place.

It blames women for getting raped.

If a woman likes a tank top she thinks it cute, she doesn't deserve to be raped. Rape is not a victim's fault.

If you wore clothes that fitted your body and flattered it, and were then forced at knifepoint to have sex with a man, would you think it's fair for other people to say 'Well, to be honest you were asking for it, that's not really rape.'?

That's one of the reasons...The other is making fun of it and even making jokes out of legitimate arguments against rape claims and actual ways to protect themselves from rape. It's just stupid and annoying.

• It's not treating it as a laughing matter, it's saying how those arguments don't stop burning someone being bad, and how blaming people for being burned would be ridiculous.

kaleion posted: »

Probably because trying to brutally murder someone by setting them on fire is no laughing matter, even if they were bad people.

• Setting someone on fire no matter what they have done is horrible and a crime itself. But the arguments that put women at fault for being raped are very real and something that is common in society in more subtle ways too, like "Well if she didn't want anyone having sex with her, she shouldn't have drank anything" or "Why would she wear those clothes if she didn't want guys feeling her up?". When I got assaulted outside my middle school years ago, the first thing out of my principal's mouth was "Well, you shouldn't have been dressed so provocatively" (because apparently a button up shirt and skirt with a hemline 2 inches above my thigh makes me a slut). Making up excuses for people who sexually assault while blaming the victim will never help the problem. So yeah, it's shitty to laugh about a guy that was literally set on fire. But the point of those replies (though not in a very tactful way) was to show how the same attitude of victim blaming is applied to this man and how ridiculous it sounds.

• Yolo

• I'll point out the ones I have a problem with, this should speed up the debating process:

Drinking

Drinking does make you more of a target, is it the rape victims fault? No, but if you are going to go drinking, you should take measures in order to protect yourself including traveling in groups and those cool little nail color things.

Lying about rape

You can't deny that women actually lie about rape and sexual harassment cases. It has happened several times and people automatically assume that they're telling the truth because they're women. In fact, I have read before that universities are actually supporting the idea that they'll automatically take the side of the "victim" without an evidence except their word.

"Carry ____ for their own safety"

I don't see why people automatically assume they should take any measures for protecting themselves from rape. Anyone who assumes they shouldn't be responsible for their safety is an idiot.

Flog61 posted: »

The arguments it makes fun of are victim blaming ones. It's like trying to solve gay people getting beaten up in Russia by telling gay pe

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited August 2015

I feel for their cause (kinda), but yeah, they were completely disrespectful to the only candidate paying more than lip-service to the idea of criminal law reform.

Dr. King would be doubly pissed at BLM. 1.) They are militant and disorderly, while King was thoughtful and modest. 2.) BLM is a complete failure as a grassroots movement and MLK was the king (no pun intended) of grassroots politics.

Shows the difference between Bernie and Hillary, huh? One allows criticism and the other shuts it down before it starts. Hell, Bernie's crit

• I'll point to you the comment I made towards Flog for further debate. Since as you all assume, my main stance wasn't against the "What they wear argument" as it was against a few others. I don't know why people assume others agree with that one argument if they point out the others.

Setting someone on fire no matter what they have done is horrible and a crime itself. But the arguments that put women at fault for being ra

• Why are you even pointing out that argument when it's not the big issue here? Why is it so important to you?

I'll point to you the comment I made towards Flog for further debate. Since as you all assume, my main stance wasn't against the "What they

• 1.) They are militant and disorderly, while King was thoughtful and modest.

Is it just me who see BLM as what Malcolm X was before his pilgrimage? They are violent, against white people (Not only being apart of their protests), and several other similarities.

I feel for their cause (kinda), but yeah, they were completely disrespectful to the only candidate paying more than lip-service to the idea

• What argument?

Why are you even pointing out that argument when it's not the big issue here? Why is it so important to you?

• Heyyy

ComingSoon posted: »

Yolo

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited August 2015

Perhaps, but even so, there are differences.

Malcolm X was militant in a very effective, organized way. When he said that there would be either "ballots or bullets" it was a credible threat. BLM are just rowdy jerks with crippling tunnel vision about the police brutality epidemic.

1.) They are militant and disorderly, while King was thoughtful and modest. Is it just me who see BLM as what Malcolm X was before h

• Haha, true, BLM is more of a hallow threat.

Perhaps, but even so, there are differences. Malcolm X was militant in a very effective, organized way. When he said that there would be

• That rape victims should have taken more precautions and known better. I know you aren't outright defending victim blaming, but you are trying to argue that it has some merit. I don't know why you are trying to make this point in a case where the woman was proven to be raped and the man was arrested for the crime. Why bring up that some rape victims lie about it? It has no relevance and only makes you look bad.

What argument?

• I don't know why you are trying to make this point in a case where the woman was proven to be raped and the man was arrested for the crime

I'm not though, I'm making this point in a case where people are attempting to make the true cases of lying rape victims a joke. It doesn't make me look bad unless you attempt to look at it in a light where it's not.

That rape victims should have taken more precautions and known better. I know you aren't outright defending victim blaming, but you are tryi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.