Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• and there should be an option to watch the game with your choices from a save slot, watch it like an actual episode so you could sit back and relax and see how your choices played out

• There was a user on here by the name of @Gunab who, if I'm correct, made an engine that was able to render extracted game files. He made many custom screen caps and scenarios with the game files. From what I remember, he became really busy and hasn't been on the forums in almost a year. Those of us who were her during Season 2 probably remember him and his post.

Deltino posted: »

So after doing some snooping around, I came across this rather interesting post Basically, someone managed to figure out how Kenny's choi

• Im thinking on moving to 2014 though i dont know if theres .ODD importer plugin for 2014 since im currently working with GTA IV props

AGentlman posted: »

I cant get it to work, it wont allow me to apply textures when using that version on 2012 You can always fix it by using unwrap Uv anyway.. but takes time

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2015

Alright, I went ahead and checked

You want to know what's behind that door?

Alt text

Absolutely... nothing! It is literally just a giant empty room for the stranger to spawn in

It'd be really cool if someone could extract the Marsh House room to see if we can see what's behind that door that's clickable but we can't go in.

edited July 2015

Now that I'm able to do this, here's a full overview of the frozen river/lake from NGB, straight from the game files (recolored and with some of the bush/foliage removed so you can actually tell what's going on):

Alt text

For the sake of comparison, here's the original scene:

Alt text

And here's the bare-bones version of it:

Alt text

And finally, here's a picture of Luke having an accident, because one of my friends wanted me to:

Alt text

• So walking around the river and towards the narrow frozen streams was still an option, and yet everyone decided to walk through the largest portion of the river instead that ends up getting Luke killed.

Alt text

Now that I'm able to do this, here's a full overview of the frozen river/lake from NGB, straight from the game files (recolored and with som

• [Telltale writing Luke's death]

Expectations:

Alt text

Reality:

Alt text

This picture speaks to me on so many levels, I'm getting it framed. XD

And I'm so glad you finally confirmed it's a lake >.> a very, very long lake.

Now that I'm able to do this, here's a full overview of the frozen river/lake from NGB, straight from the game files (recolored and with som

• Alt text

Mike's unused hood from In Harms Way

edited July 2015

You know, I just thought about this. What if Eddie in the Amid The Ruins slide was actually meant to represent Mike?

Think about it. Both having hoods, similar looking faces...

Arctic0ne posted: »

Mike's unused hood from In Harms Way

• I think it would repesent Mike if his hood was kept in the final version and Eddie was darker in the image

You know, I just thought about this. What if Eddie in the Amid The Ruins slide was actually meant to represent Mike? Think about it. Both having hoods, similar looking faces...

edited July 2015

I was just doing a playthrough of Around Every Corner, and just found yet another line I've never heard before.

So, depending on your relationship with Kenny, and if you told him about your past, it can change a specific line he says

When you first get to River Street, Kenny goes over to the one boat and says it might still be salvageable. Responding with "This boat is fucked" normally results in Kenny being all like "Oh, know a lot about boats? Tell you what, I ever need an expert opinion on American History, I'll be sure to ask. But for now, leave the nautical shit to me"

If you have a bad relationship with him, and tell him about your past, the line changes to "Tell you what, I ever need an expert opinion on American History- or committing murders- I'll be sure to ask."

Also, here's the stranger calling you out for killing Ben in episode 4:

you better feel bad, you absolute MONSTER

• I doubt it. Mike was supposed to be one of the bandits with Christa. Could just be a scrapped model from that.

You know, I just thought about this. What if Eddie in the Amid The Ruins slide was actually meant to represent Mike? Think about it. Both having hoods, similar looking faces...

• Alt text

Please excuse the green eyes but my theory is they could be brothers, because Ralph is bigger than Mike and he is shaved (could be explained because of the constant time jumps)

Both characters aren't higher or lower in the shot and both characters use the same size but yet Ralph face is bigger than Mike's face

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I doubt it. Mike was supposed to be one of the bandits with Christa. Could just be a scrapped model from that.

Has anyone ever been moderately curious as to what the inside of that building in No Time Left looks like? The one Christa falls into/Kenny sacrifices himself in?

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

It's just a giant, empty office building pretty much. But still interesting, right?

...right?

edited July 2015

Most likely what happened is that originally there was only a single model. When they eventually decided to axe Mike's backstory and make him into two separate people, they just modified and re-purposed the original model, instead of making an entirely new one. Hence them both looking the same: Ralph/Mike is a slightly modified model of Mike/Ralph.

Please excuse the green eyes but my theory is they could be brothers, because Ralph is bigger than Mike and he is shaved (could be explained

• Right!

Has anyone ever been moderately curious as to what the inside of that building in No Time Left looks like? The one Christa falls into/Kenny

• I think he/she understands Megan, but he doesn't understand why it's surprising to have to models in one file.

Megami means, these two models are attached to each other instead of being one separate character

• I love how the ceiling is more detailed than the ground

Has anyone ever been moderately curious as to what the inside of that building in No Time Left looks like? The one Christa falls into/Kenny

• edited August 2015

Unfinished House second floor

Alt text

Gil pitstop Bathroom without door

Alt text

• Aj have a full model of his male genitalia

That was actually mentioned a while ago.

Unfinished House second floor Gil pitstop Bathroom without door

• edited August 2015

BONNIE

GUESS WHAT ABOUT HER

ICE THE BREAK DON'T AND LUKE COVER YOU IF DIES BONNIE

• edited August 2015

oh well, i didnt check earlier pages ill snip that part

dojo32161 posted: »

Aj have a full model of his male genitalia That was actually mentioned a while ago.

• I'm assuming that would be where Arvo and his friends were living.

edited August 2015

It's the rest stop bathroom from the very beginning of S2. You know, the one you probably hold a specific vendetta against? Because of a certain someone meeting their end in it?

• I had some important stuff to do, i made those quickly and left. Thats why its pretty vague

edited August 2015

There was a point in development that Luke originally wore a hat. You can see the old version of him (the back of him, atleast) in one of the pre-release screenshots for S2.

However, there is actually a single left-over model of Luke with the hat in the game files. Apparently, it's used for the episode 1 slide.

If you were ever curious as to how a hatted Luke looked, here's a few pictures of the old model, along with some of Luke's textures applied. Despite being the last remaining model of beta Luke, it isn't the highest quality one. Also, since there's no texture for Luke with the hat, I substituted in Nick's hair/hat textures (which were about the same fit). Also, I used the wrong eye textures because I'm an idiot, so forgive the doped up green-eyed Luke.

enter image description here

• Damn, his blank look is creepy.

There was a point in development that Luke originally wore a hat. You can see the old version of him (the back of him, atleast) in one of th

• "Take my hand child ill show you the world"

There was a point in development that Luke originally wore a hat. You can see the old version of him (the back of him, atleast) in one of th

• "No, no thanks I'm good; I'll just lay here and die in the woods from this dog bite, thanks!"

"Take my hand child ill show you the world"

• Nope nope nope!His voice actor confirmed that Mike was Ralph.

Please excuse the green eyes but my theory is they could be brothers, because Ralph is bigger than Mike and he is shaved (could be explained

• Pete: Luke im out, grab her and lets go on an adventure

Lilacsbloom posted: »

"No, no thanks I'm good; I'll just lay here and die in the woods from this dog bite, thanks!"

edited August 2015

The motorcycle helmet zombie from Amid The Ruins

Here he is without the visor

And here he is without the helmet entirely (you're not supposed to see his full head, so that's why the textures are a bit messed up)

• You probably do know this but, if you don't take Clementine to Crawford Molly is shot.

• Not necessarily, if Lee's able to shoot the zombie then Molly comes with you, and if Lee does nothing Molly just runs off.

• Well, there's something I didn't know! ;D

dojo32161 posted: »

Not necessarily, if Lee's able to shoot the zombie then Molly comes with you, and if Lee does nothing Molly just runs off.

• edited August 2015

[OFFTOPIC]

Im so sorry for this i couldn't resist but that zombie reminded of that (poorly edited by me)

The motorcycle helmet zombie from Amid The Ruins Here he is without the visor And here he is without the helmet entirely (you're not supposed to see his full head, so that's why the textures are a bit messed up)

• To me looks like the person from s1 ending.

The motorcycle helmet zombie from Amid The Ruins Here he is without the visor And here he is without the helmet entirely (you're not supposed to see his full head, so that's why the textures are a bit messed up)

• Kenny is pretty uncreative when it comes to naming kids. He named Alvin's kid, Alvin Junior and remember that Duck's real name is Ken Junior. Stay classy Mustache Man.

• Find a baby alone near a bush

Clem: What should we name him?

Kenny: Bush.

Clem: But wh-

Kenny: Bush.

DoubleJump posted: »

Kenny is pretty uncreative when it comes to naming kids. He named Alvin's kid, Alvin Junior and remember that Duck's real name is Ken Junior. Stay classy Mustache Man.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.