Is Arya the Clementine of Game of Thrones

Comments

• We don't know what Clementine's eaten in those 16 months, there must have been days when she and Christa have eaten more, and days when they've eaten less, and the same goes for Winston, a diet is somethin regular and specific and i don't think that survivors in 2 years follow one especially. I already knew why you mentioned the steroids, and i said that i agree with you on the ledge thing, but not about getting free of grown-ups.

In fact I've mentioned the massacre thing to prove that you saying that Clem is abnormally strong is an exaggeration, otherwise she would have done a massacre, don't you think?

Once I cut my thumb (just realized the coincidence) while using a pair of scissors and it was pretty deep, I was 16 and it hurt so much that I couldn't grab anything with that hand for several minutes (maybe I'm a pussy), and even if Winston tried to keep hold of Clementine with one hand if I were her I'd scratch and bite that hand till he lets go of me, that would easily work. As for the kicks, I don't know you, but if a kid were to kick me in the face with the strenght of self instinct, or in the stomach, it would be damn effective.

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment, I thought you meant the case where Clem gets stripped of her things and Arya doesn't. In a fist fight I'm inclined to think that Arya would win if her blindness is a way to enhance her skills as you said, but with their weapons Arya would stand no chance.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Having a poor diet does in fact make you weaker than you are when you are well-fed, not do mention much more tired. Lack of food is a direct

• Arya is a hundred thousand times cuter and more badass than Clem. Wielding a gun in a necessary situation doesn't make you badass,but smart

• She will regain her sight. She actually already has regained her sight. The TV show actually did that out of order.

Arya has survived a lot tougher trials than Clementine - Arya, for the most part, had to look out for herself. Arya would win hands down.

Arya and Clementine are actually around the same age and she has killed more people than Clementine - killers and soldiers. Walkers aren't shit compared to the people Arya has faced and survived.

Ah really, Arya is going to regain her sight? I didn't know that, because if she really regained her sight and actually became a professiona

• edited August 2015

No. Arya is the Arya of A Song of Ice and Fire.

• People are born sociopaths, they do not become sociopaths.

LeFedore posted: »

No. Clementine is a girl who still has optimism. Arya is a sociopath at this point. If you're interested in Arya's character, I'd recommend checking this out:

• edited August 2015

I guess you don't spend much time around geeks because we make these comparisons all the time - and not even remotely all of them are female characters. Your outrage is ridiculous.

• Jason Bourne, Ethan Hunt, and James Bond
    • Sam Fisher and Solid Snake
    • James T. Kirk and Jean Luc Picard
    • Malcolm Reynolds and Han Solo

If I paid more attention I don't think I'd run out anytime soon.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

• Clem is pretty handy with a ax

Having a poor diet does in fact make you weaker than you are when you are well-fed, not do mention much more tired. Lack of food is a direct

• I just caught up to season 5. I watched the season 1-5 in about 3 weeks. Arya's character is dark and cruel.

LeFedore posted: »

No. Clementine is a girl who still has optimism. Arya is a sociopath at this point. If you're interested in Arya's character, I'd recommend checking this out:

• She's dark, sure, but she's not cruel. Every person she killed deserved it. She has compassion for the innocent but not for the guilty.

I just caught up to season 5. I watched the season 1-5 in about 3 weeks. Arya's character is dark and cruel.

• She doesn't always have a gun and when she does it doesn't always matter - ask Omid.

Clementine has a gun, Arya doesn't. End of story. Abnormally? unrealistically? After two years spent in the open, that is not so unrealis

• edited August 2015

Why doesn't she kill the Hound in season 4? He saves Sansa from harm and Arya from bandits, but just leaves him to die.

BipedalP posted: »

She's dark, sure, but she's not cruel. Every person she killed deserved it. She has compassion for the innocent but not for the guilty.

• She was 9 when that happened, the 11 year old Clem wouldn't make any mistakes with her gun.

She doesn't always have a gun and when she does it doesn't always matter - ask Omid.

• edited August 2015

That's Arya, yes. She learns not to trust anyone outside of her "pack", and tends to overkill on people like Meryn Trant. Sure, Meryn deserved to die, just like Dareon did in the books (she kills him, a Night's Watch deserter who goes to Bravos with Sam on the way to Oldtown instead in the books). But she went far over just killing him into a revenge fantasy. There's a line between killing someone who deserves it and drawing out their death for your own sick revenge.

I think the books give you good insight into the characters because you can actually see their thoughts, rather than having to infer it from facial expressions and vocal tones.

I just caught up to season 5. I watched the season 1-5 in about 3 weeks. Arya's character is dark and cruel.

• edited August 2015

He killed the butcher's son that Arya was playing with - he brutally ran a child down and killed him.

Why doesn't she kill the Hound in season 4? He saves Sansa from harm and Arya from bandits, but just leaves him to die.

• Yeah well..Though I like both characters (Clementine much more) I can't deny Arya would be the victor most likely. Arya has a bit of a cold mean streak and can be a tad more vicious. She has brutally killed king's guards and burly knights (well either incapacitated or caught off guard at first). A better comparison could be a death match between Becca and Clem or Ellie and Clem. I wouldn't even want to think what Arya would do to to Clem if she had the opportunity to kill her if Clementine ended up on her "list" of folks she even threatened the Hound for christ sakes..

• You're grossly overestimating her abilities. The fact that you're leaning on modern technology as the way she would win so heavily demonstrates that she couldn't stand toe-to-toe with Arya. She's not always armed with a gun - she was unarmed for most of the first season and for most of the first 3 episodes of the second. If the gun is your linchpin to her survival strategy you're not talking about how effective she is as character so much as you're talking about how much better her circumstances are.

She was 9 when that happened, the 11 year old Clem wouldn't make any mistakes with her gun.

• Dude, not to be rude, but this debate has pretty much expired its sense since I've already talked about it with Awesomeo and Wigams, so if you really care you can read my full opinion about it in the comments. But to be nice I'll sum it up for you here. Yes, I agree that Arya would win in a fight with Clem no, I don't agree she would win IF she and Clem were to use their trademark weapons in that fight, and the moment of the fight takes place with the personalities they have in the latest episode of their respective universe.

You're grossly overestimating her abilities. The fact that you're leaning on modern technology as the way she would win so heavily demonstra

• Yeah, I guess it's a better comparison. But Ellie is like 14 while Clem is 11, so it's probably going to be Ellie who wins.

Ladariel posted: »

Yeah well..Though I like both characters (Clementine much more) I can't deny Arya would be the victor most likely. Arya has a bit of a cold

• edited August 2015

Perhaps at being the biggest child potty mouth Ellie is a shoe in. I believe a few years in age might give her a minimal edge but not much of difference far as strength might be concerned and their daily living situations, it can easily go either way I think as they are both kind of clever girls and resourceful. Also both might be weakened from malnutrition from the apocalypse and maybe more so with Ellie since she was born and lived through it her entire life as the world ended 20 years ago in that Last Of Us universe compared to the 2 or 3 years with Walking Dead.

Yeah, I guess it's a better comparison. But Ellie is like 14 while Clem is 11, so it's probably going to be Ellie who wins.

• The world has ended 20 years ago in TLOU, that's right, but, the military and the government has been pretty active for a long time, while those two institutions immediately collapsed in TWD, worsening the conditions of survival. Anyway this argument is pointless, there are so many things to consider that it's actually impossible to make an accurate prediction.

Perhaps at being the biggest child potty mouth Ellie is a shoe in. I believe a few years in age might give her a minimal edge but not much o

• edited August 2015

True, however I just wonder what made that much difference in the two worlds? How is it the Last Of Us military essentially stood fast for 20 years while the Walking Dead's Universe military crumbled in a matter of weeks. Was the virus or parasite whatever it is.... that much more contagious than in The Last of Us?

But anyway if your speaking of Arya versus Clementine and not Ellie versus Clementine. Then I wish I could see how you can see Clementine defeating Arya in a fair one on one brawl, because otherwise I just don't see it.. unless Clem somehow gets some of that Kenny luck to win. What I'd see in such a wild, unlikely scenario (other than possibly in a Screw Attacks "Death Battle" match up) is Clementine eventually cowering in a corner begging for her life as Arya sadistically closes in for some cruelly gruesome Mortal Kombat style finis-her in her sick little mind, then crossing yet another name of that damn long list LOL.

The world has ended 20 years ago in TLOU, that's right, but, the military and the government has been pretty active for a long time, while t

• Why this people come with such an ideas...no one see Arya as Arya? Whats wrong with you? Such insecure to compare two diferent people, lot of you say Asher or Rodrik is Kenny and even Kenny as a god, sich people, sick minds...

• The smarter aswer I could get.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

• NO!

Arya is Arya and Clem is Clem!

• As for the Clem- Arya fight I've already said, more than once, that I agree that Clem would lose in a fist fight, but she wouldn't use if they had to fight with their trademark weapons, because you can't just lose when you have a gun and you know how to use it while your adversary doesn't. I think that what really made a difference between the two apocalypses is the way the virus works. In TWD if you die you become a walker unless you damage the brain, and that's a thing nobody knew in the first days, so tons of walkers flooded in the world without anybody knowing how to stop them. Whereas in TLOU there's been a certain awareness of the virus, there have been curfews and safe havens, differently from TWD, managed to work for the first years or even more, and uppermost, if people die, they die, they don't get back. All the infected are people who didn't have the stones or the opportunity to take themselves out.

True, however I just wonder what made that much difference in the two worlds? How is it the Last Of Us military essentially stood fast for 2

• I thought Arya is no one?

Wolfenus54 posted: »

NO! Arya is Arya and Clem is Clem!

• for those of us who do not watch the walking dead, who is clementine?

• at least she's trying to be haha - imo she will never completely get rid of her identity as arya stark

I thought Arya is no one?

• "Watch"? Is this supposed to be a joke or have you genuinely subscribed yourself in the Telltale forum without any knowledge of its games?

sbk12345 posted: »

for those of us who do not watch the walking dead, who is clementine?

• A pistol wouldn't be Clem's trademark weapon, it's the hatchet. Everyone haves that pistol. And Clem is more identifiable with the hatchet,

Also, I think Arya's with her Needle vs. Clem with her hatchet, would make for a interesting ,fairer fight

As for the Clem- Arya fight I've already said, more than once, that I agree that Clem would lose in a fist fight, but she wouldn't use if th

• Valar Morghulis! :D

I thought Arya is no one?

• Clem is still cute tho

enter image description here

Arya is a hundred thousand times cuter and more badass than Clem. Wielding a gun in a necessary situation doesn't make you badass,but smart

• Not everyone who is a Telltale fan is automatically a TWD fan, many people are probably a bit anxious about things like gore and zombies, and hate jumpscares. I actually was like that until I gave it a try.

And if I know I don't like TWD why would I do research on the game?

"Watch"? Is this supposed to be a joke or have you genuinely subscribed yourself in the Telltale forum without any knowledge of its games?

• Number of episodes of Clem with her gun: 6 (She had a different gun in AEC)

Number of episodes of Clem with the hatchet: 2

Everybody "haves" a gun in TWD, yes, but they don't all have the same gun, Clem's gun is a Berretta I think, not everybody has that.

A pistol wouldn't be Clem's trademark weapon, it's the hatchet. Everyone haves that pistol. And Clem is more identifiable with the hatchet, Also, I think Arya's with her Needle vs. Clem with her hatchet, would make for a interesting ,fairer fight

• No reason at all, I'm not saying he has to like TWD, if you don't, no harm done. But he said "watch", like he is talking about the TV series, when it is to be expected that, inside the Telltale forum, all references to TWD are obviously about the game. Besides it really possible to know of Telltale and to not know absolutely nothing of Clementine? Because, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that Clementine, as of 2015, was a widely known character for at least the Telltale fans, if not in the gaming world.

Not everyone who is a Telltale fan is automatically a TWD fan, many people are probably a bit anxious about things like gore and zombies, an

• edited August 2015

Hm, I guess she phrased that wrong, maybe she means like in watching a let's play. Or she just simply doesn't know (which is possible if you avoid things related to TWD, even on the TT forum).

Maybe a bit strange she doesn't know Clementine, but not impossible.

No reason at all, I'm not saying he has to like TWD, if you don't, no harm done. But he said "watch", like he is talking about the TV series

• first of all the s in sbk stands for samantha - and the only reason why i went into telltale was for game of thrones because im a huge fan of the show and i enjoy the game

second thanks epic mustache guy for sticking up for me - i truly don't know anything about clementine and being a law student occasionally popping up on the got forum when there is a walking dead reference when i havent played the game or watched the series it is not such a horrible thing for me to ask a simple question

Hm, I guess she phrased that wrong, maybe she means like in watching a let's play. Or she just simply doesn't know (which is possible if you

• np, I don't think he meant harm and was just surprised though

sbk12345 posted: »

first of all the s in sbk stands for samantha - and the only reason why i went into telltale was for game of thrones because im a huge fan o

• well... regardless of how he meant it it did come off very rude and hostile - anyway with that aside, can anyone still explain to me who clementine is?

np, I don't think he meant harm and was just surprised though

• edited August 2015

Yeah well that supposed "trademark weapons" situation is just like a pilgrims vs Indians type of scenario. As Clementine could potentially beat/kill anyone from the Game Of Thrones universe no matter how mighty,swift or cunning they are if she has amazing aim, because of the given Game Of Thrones universes's time period before the invention of firearms and Clementine's amount of convenient ammo. Since a simple pistol aimed perfectly and fired correctly could easily kill someone like the mountain in a split second or even those wildling giants or dragons if a bullet is put through each of their brains. Clementine would have a time period and knowledge advantage.

So the way I see it I sort of agree with you to an extent in both hypothetical situations. In brute strength hand to hand combat or lethal melee weapons made of metal Clem has close to zero chance of winning. But under a regulated referee restricted death-match where the confirmed battle trademark weapons happen to end up being decided as Clementine's already loaded "Beretta" and also if Clem has better dead eye aim than Carley and Andrea combined to go along with that pre-loaded Beretta. Then yes Clementine is going to be the likely victor. So depends I guess on what the confirmed circumstances where to be in such a very highly unlikely scenario. :D

Number of episodes of Clem with her gun: 6 (She had a different gun in AEC) Number of episodes of Clem with the hatchet: 2 Everybody "

Sign in to comment in this discussion.