To those who prefer GoT to TFTB

2»

Comments

• GUESS WHAT! I ALSO LIKE BOTH!

I BET THATS CRAZY TOO, RIGHT?

I just happen to have a preference, which is I prefer GoT. So to so often, see people criticise it on here, while stating how superior Tales is. Naturally, I feel obliged--like others do--try and set the record straight...

TheGeek11 posted: »

GUESS WHAT FOLKS? I like both! HOLY SHIT! CRAZY RIGHT?! YOURE ALLOWED TO LIKE BOTH INSTEAD of having a pissing match about how which game is "superior"

• You can't like both and express your opinion on which is better at the same time?

GUESS WHAT FOLKS? I like both! HOLY SHIT! CRAZY RIGHT?! YOURE ALLOWED TO LIKE BOTH INSTEAD of having a pissing match about how which game is "superior"

• Not according to TheGeek11... :P

Green613 posted: »

You can't like both and express your opinion on which is better at the same time?

• Everyone, tales from the borderlands and game of thrones are great games, the only reason why tftb is better than got is because they release it three months later and they have more time to make it.

• edited August 2015

Well I personally prefer TFTB because when I heard they would adapt Borderlands in a TT Game I was really sceptical, adapting a shooter ?
    And despite the fact I love Borderlands I wondered how they could make an interesting story about the universe and I think they did it very well.

GoT on the other hand was adapted from one of the best Book / Tv show ever made, story rich and perfect material for the TT kind of game,
    and sadly I don't think they're did a game as good as their materials ( not blaming them the bar is high, and I still love GoT).

• Game of thrones episode 6 must be coming soon because they just announced the date for the retail version of the game which is November 17th

• Ugh, didn't see your post before replying to the thread.

Exactly same thing for me.

I'm a fan of ASOIAF I'm not a fan of Borderlands. And that's about it.

• Unpopular Opinion: I like GoT more than TFTBL.

• Maybe id be fine with expressing your opinion on which you prefer if people weren't so pretentious and annoying about it. I hardly see any calm talks about this I see people saying one or the other completely sucks. Just like all the arguments between telltale games and life is strange. So if you prefer one of the other don't be a cunt about it is all I'm saying not saying you're being a cunt just saying

Not according to TheGeek11... :P

• edited August 2015

But no one is turning against eachother, people are just expressing opinions, what harm can this do?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I love both. It's saddening to see Telltale fans going against each other over TELLTALE games.

• enter image description here

Personally, I think it's a close split. Game of Thrones' plot has much higher stakes and intrigue, whereas Tales from the Borderlands has a more imaginative and unique premise. If I had to choose one, I'd probably choose Game of Thrones, but again it's neck and neck for me.

• Personally I think I like tftb better than got because tales from the borderlands had longer episodes

Unpopular Opinion: I like GoT more than TFTBL.

• Same here :3

• edited August 2015

They have... the same length of episodes? All except one??? Two hours long, like Tales. One was an hour and a half, but that's one out of five.

Personally I think I like tftb better than got because tales from the borderlands had longer episodes

• See the TFTBL forums. They get... vicious.

But no one is turning against eachother, people are just expressing opinions, what harm can this do?

• Where? I've never really seen this animosity in either section, except when direct comparison threads come up (not just TFTB and GOT, but LiS also suffers from this). Mostly it's just the more over the top fans.

See the TFTBL forums. They get... vicious.

• Just some are far too over the top. I remember when GoT kept getting episodes when TFTBL didn't, and that led to a lot of rage. Not so much of a problem now.

dojo32161 posted: »

Where? I've never really seen this animosity in either section, except when direct comparison threads come up (not just TFTB and GOT, but LiS also suffers from this). Mostly it's just the more over the top fans.

• Lol I get it. I really do. But it's just the nature of the beast. People will be people. And there's not really anything anyone can do about that.

Maybe id be fine with expressing your opinion on which you prefer if people weren't so pretentious and annoying about it. I hardly see any c

• To be honest, I like Game of Thrones more because of the plot and the characters.

And BTW, I enjoyed episode 5. For me, the only scene I hated was the traitor scene but that doesn't change what I think about GoT.

And I actually care more about the characters in GoT than in Tales so... :P

• This form section is as toxic as the walking dead one became with their kenny and jane war. Congratulations.

• I agree, do we have to choose? They are so different in many respects, nobody compares TWAU and TWD for obvious reasons, why this? Though if we must, I narrowly go with GOT, but TFTBL is pretty great.

Personally, I think it's a close split. Game of Thrones' plot has much higher stakes and intrigue, whereas Tales from the Borderlands has a

• Weird part of internet strikes again. Bye.

• I kinda liked TFTB a little more when the first two episodes came, but then i started enjoying GoT WAY more. Not only because i think it's better, but mostly because of the TFTB fanboys constantly being like "hur dur, TFTB >>>> GoT, GoT sux, worst game, TFTB is obviously better"

• It's a little weird to compare what is essentially a comedy against a drama, but I do slightly enjoy TFTB a little more, especially after replaying Ep. 3 of Borderlands in preparation for 4's release. Under different decisions, it's insane just how much that game changes and feels far less railroaded than GoT. But both games have merit. I've never been shocked by TFTB or moved to tears, but GoT does one of those every episode so far.

• Let's not pretend some of the GoT crowd can't get... over the top. I remember when episode 5 of this series came out... their was a lot of ridiculous rage for what I thought was a pretty good episode.

Just some are far too over the top. I remember when GoT kept getting episodes when TFTBL didn't, and that led to a lot of rage. Not so much of a problem now.

• I couldn't even finish that game, TBH. That one wore me down before even the halfway mark. I haven't had much success enjoying Telltale's work pre-Walking Dead.

The movie is irrelevant to me. Sure it's a fun movie, but that doesn't automatically make the game good.

You know what good games are. Jurassic Park was awesome, mainly because the movie is the best movie ever made. Soooo...The Game could not have been a disappointment for me.

• What? You can't like GoT more than Tales... that's against the forum rules!

• It doesn't automatically make the game good, however it was a pretty good game nonetheless. And maybe you didn't like the game because the movie is irrelevant to you. It's my favourite movie, so the game was bound to be good for me, even if it wasn't for others. If that makes sense

Demarcoa posted: »

I couldn't even finish that game, TBH. That one wore me down before even the halfway mark. I haven't had much success enjoying Telltale's

• I agree with that.

Demarcoa posted: »

Let's not pretend some of the GoT crowd can't get... over the top. I remember when episode 5 of this series came out... their was a lot of ridiculous rage for what I thought was a pretty good episode.

• Please don't ban me, mods!

-AsherGrin- posted: »

What? You can't like GoT more than Tales... that's against the forum rules!

• No, that makes sense. To each their own

It doesn't automatically make the game good, however it was a pretty good game nonetheless. And maybe you didn't like the game because the m

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited August 2015

The Kenny vs. Jane ones were horrible and make this discussion look like a conversation over coffee. So many people that took part in those discussions had the logic of "If you chose differently than me you're an asshole." instead of seeing that there are reasons to choose both. My point being, there is a dark side to this community that we should hope never resurfaces and we should just enjoy both.

dojo32161 posted: »

Where? I've never really seen this animosity in either section, except when direct comparison threads come up (not just TFTB and GOT, but LiS also suffers from this). Mostly it's just the more over the top fans.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.