how the hell did Rodrik survive the red wedding?

It takes almost a week to get from the Twins to Iro rath.
So Rodrik survived a 5 6 days journey without food and water and heavily wounded?
I doubt that thats why i had him stay behind and die since hes not supposed to even be alive.
While we are on this subject again how the hell did Gared make it back from the Twins?
The Greyjoys held Moat Cailin at the time and theres no other entrance to the North coz the Neck is a swamp.
Did he swim around the Cape kraken lol?
These sort of not respecting the map things ruin the game experience for me.

Comments

• Brienne and Podrick got past Moat Cailin.

I don't know how Rodrik survived, he must have been unconscious for more than a week though.

• Plot armor

• Jesus

• He probably stole ironrath's breath and salt and putted in On his back left pocket of his pants

• Magic, plot armor, and Jesus seem to be the popular answers.

• To give a serious answer, they assumed he was dead and there had to have been some rain at one point to drink. He could survive without food for that long, but he'd be weak, which he was.

• When you're in a coma, you don't need to eat or drink

• He was in a coma?

almighty posted: »

When you're in a coma, you don't need to eat or drink

• Considering that Rodrik woke up right before arriving at IronRath, in a journey that took apparently 5 to 7 days, yes.

A horse fell on him. He was in a coma.
    Just putting the pieces together. It wasn't hard.

AAA_Jane posted: »

He was in a coma?

• Sure you do, but nowadays you can be nurtured by machines, back then you would have to be fed and given water.

The human body needs food and (more importantly) fluids, doesn't matter what state you're in.

• "He got lucky, real lucky."

TWD fans will know what I'm on about.

• People has survived lots of crazy stuff in real life.

• edited August 2015

I wasn't being literal, obviously.

In a prolonged unconscious state with no machines to nurture you, the body would naturally feed off its reserves. In a coma, the body isn't functioning at full capacity. The entire point is, surviving 6 days without food is not impossible. Like the post above says, "He could survive without food for that long, but he'd be weak, which he was."

Sure you do, but nowadays you can be nurtured by machines, back then you would have to be fed and given water. The human body needs food and (more importantly) fluids, doesn't matter what state you're in.

• You'd think people look for mistakes the way they constantly go on about them.

• I read a story about a two-year-old toddler once who survived on her own at home for over two weeks. The mom didn't hire sitter or let anyone know that she left the kid at home alone. Her mom had been arrested, and still didn't tell anyone. So the kid survived on dried pasta (though who knows how she got any) and condiments like ketchup and jelly. So... yeah, maybe Rodrick could survive that long in a coma. They found the girl filthy and dehydrated but alive.

• I instantly got the quote,yeah

IR0NR4TH posted: »

"He got lucky, real lucky." TWD fans will know what I'm on about.

• Plot. And magic. xD

• The power of plot compelled him.

• Food is not the problem, water is. A human body can function for almost 30 days without food, but a maximum of four or five without fluids. A comatose state doesn't change the fact he has to take in fluids during his unconsciousness.

I wasn't being literal, obviously. In a prolonged unconscious state with no machines to nurture you, the body would naturally feed off it

• A human can live for a maximum of 5 days without fluids according to what source?

If you're so certain four or five days is possible, why not six?

I like how you've converted this conversation from being about Rodriks survival to all about comatose.

Food is not the problem, water is. A human body can function for almost 30 days without food, but a maximum of four or five without fluids. A comatose state doesn't change the fact he has to take in fluids during his unconsciousness.

• If you're in a coma, you definitely need water and nutrients, just not as much as an active person would. lol

• I wasn't being literal, obviously.

Before blindly chiming in, maybe look at some replies next time.

Bluebirdo posted: »

If you're in a coma, you definitely need water and nutrients, just not as much as an active person would. lol

• Yeah...it doesn't make sense. Part of the reason I think they shouldn't have killed him then brought him back.

• Well in the state he was in, I'm sure he was knocking on death's door. His health was fucked up. Through his iron will, some good food/drink from the wedding for his body as to not wither, and the training a good soldier gets, Rodrik lives. That and this is a video game.

• He was wearing his Red Wedding Survival Underwear.

• edited August 2015

He resurrects

• Plot twist: Wildings saved him

• He got the plot armour on him but it didn't last long.

• He fed himself on the rotting corpses

• He was languid.

• Totally plot cuz Ryon was captured Asher has a quest to get army and miles away widout the coin yet to get a boat and Ethans and dad are deceased. I ain't controlling Duncan or Royland

• Aren't we all?

Reconn posted: »

He was wearing his Red Wedding Survival Underwear.

• He stole Ramsay's plot armor, that is why Ramsay came back the second time to take it back.

And it worked.

Killah posted: »

He got the plot armour on him but it didn't last long.

• Why do you hate Rodrik?

• Because he is a BADASS.

enter image description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.