Do you think we'll ever get the Glenmore sigil or the Whitehill words?

At this point it seems not. I was disappointed that we didn't get the Whitehill words in Sons of Winter. And all of the Glenmore stuff, I doubt we'll get that. It makes the world feel more immersive if everything like that is expplained you know?

Comments

• The Whitehill words shouldn't matter too much, since Asher is about to erase them from living memory and the very fabric of space and time itself. Just saying.

• Hmm I thought a bow and arrow was the sigil of House Glenmore.. (At least that's what it is according to wikipedia.)

• I heard that two, but I asked them and they said it was from the files. I'm pretty sure it represents their guard. Personally, I'd be fine with that, if there was some background thing like a circle and more color.

Hmm I thought a bow and arrow was the sigil of House Glenmore.. (At least that's what it is according to wikipedia.)

• I assume we already did. "Where's ma fookin bread an salt!" or "A Whitehill is a Whitehill."

• Ludd from Lard

• This!

The Whitehill words shouldn't matter too much, since Asher is about to erase them from living memory and the very fabric of space and time itself. Just saying.

• edited August 2015

I agree, the game tells us that the Whitehills are our traditional enemies but tells us nothing about them. Like, what if Torrhen (that was the name of Gregor's father, right?) was a warmongering prick that massacred Ludd's father as well as a few uncles and siblings and his brutality is what made Gregor exile Asher (he didn't want to be the monster his father was) but we aren't told that bit of crucial information. I know that's an extreme (and unlikely) example, but the point is that any information about our enemies and allies is crucial information and we're given almost none.

• Why just Asher? 50% have chosen Rodrik. Apart from that I agree with you.

The Whitehill words shouldn't matter too much, since Asher is about to erase them from living memory and the very fabric of space and time itself. Just saying.

• I'd love to know these things too, and I'm also kinda dying to know if the Whitehills are directly under the Boltons or what. Like how the Forresters were ultimately sworn to the Starks but are vassals of the Glovers at the same time. It hasn't been mentioned that I can find and I doubt it will be, but if the Whitehills are a tier above us I'm slightly more nervous than I was already...

• Bread and Salt.

• For me it's going to be Asher who tears Highpoint to the ground and salts the earth over the ruins... I know the choice was about 50/50 I'm just speaking from my perspective :P

N8eule posted: »

Why just Asher? 50% have chosen Rodrik. Apart from that I agree with you.

• Honestly, the thing about Torrhen the Bold starting a war with Whitehills, killing some of them and taking their part of the grove is my headcanon as well. I sincerely hope, that we'll get to know what really happened in the last episode - I refuse to believe, that Forresters are a bunch of saints, who were attacked by Whitehills for no reason. I can totally see Gregor being not as much of a good guy, as we are constantly told he was (taking three fingers from thieves, though a common punishment for stealing is one finger, is kind of a giveaway, as well as Ludd calling him a traitor, revealing that they used to be on normal terms and then Gregor did something to screw that) and I am pretty sure, that Torrhen was an agressive asshole (his name was "Bold" for a reason, it's not the same as "Brave" or "Strong", it holds a negative undertone). Sadly, I don't have much hope in getting to know the whole story, as telltale have already done everything they could to show Whitehills as unredeemable pricks, and most of players are not interested in learning the backstory of the conflict anymore.

I agree, the game tells us that the Whitehills are our traditional enemies but tells us nothing about them. Like, what if Torrhen (that was

• Taking fingers from thieves tells absolutely nothing about Gregor being "bad" or whatever. That's just the way criminals are punished at this universe and as the Lord he has to enforce the law. It's the same thing as you would take Ned beheading deserters as a hint of him being evil.

Krapinka posted: »

Honestly, the thing about Torrhen the Bold starting a war with Whitehills, killing some of them and taking their part of the grove is my hea

• I didn't say, that punishing thieves makes you evil, but as far as I remember from the books, common punishment for stealing is only one finger (correct me if I'm wrong), and taking three fingers from right hand, as we could do in ep. 1, pretty much makes man a cripple, unable to properly use tools/weapons, which seems too harsh, in my opinion.

Taking fingers from thieves tells absolutely nothing about Gregor being "bad" or whatever. That's just the way criminals are punished at thi

• I'd say there are many lords/kings in GoT universe who would take the whole hand if not both for stealing from a noble house like Erik(?) did. But yeah, I don't personally remember the mentioning of what's the common punishment for stealing in the books, but that's probably because there are many other things I don't remember from them :D

I didn't say, that punishing thieves makes you evil, but as far as I remember from the books, common punishment for stealing is only one fin

• I thought Torrhen was Ludd's son? The one serving Roose Bolton.

I agree, the game tells us that the Whitehills are our traditional enemies but tells us nothing about them. Like, what if Torrhen (that was

• Oh wait are you talking about Thorren the Bold?

• One finger is the standard for things like food. Erik would have lost a hand on account of trying to steal weapons. Three-fingers being the standard for ALL theft does point to some assholery (1 finger is normal, but then you have pricks like Randyll Tarly that took 7) nut not too much.

I'd say there are many lords/kings in GoT universe who would take the whole hand if not both for stealing from a noble house like Erik(?) di

• Ah! That was it. Yes, I am but his name escaped me.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh wait are you talking about Thorren the Bold?

• edited August 2015

Huh, the "Bold" nickname escaped me entirely. I hadn't actually stopped to ponder that. I agree on the part of stealing the grove from the Whitehills, when the maester said that Thorren "drove back the Whitehills" I got pretty suspicious because I knew I was only getting one side of the story. It'd be nice if Telltale elaborated more on that, I'm disappointed with how black and white things have been.

Honestly, the thing about Torrhen the Bold starting a war with Whitehills, killing some of them and taking their part of the grove is my hea

• If he only took one finger that'd be one thing. It wouldn't be a sign of evil because that's the norm. Taking three for any and all acts of theft does show some harshness. Erik should have lost a hand though, since he was running off with gear.

Taking fingers from thieves tells absolutely nothing about Gregor being "bad" or whatever. That's just the way criminals are punished at thi

• We might see Glenmore sigil in some final battle or something.

• edited August 2015

But is it really a fact that Gregor took 3 fingers in all situations? I know it's said that "Gregor took three fingers from thieves", but it's just one line and could have just referred to cases that were similar to Erik. And even if he indeed did take 3 fingers in every case, I don't think telltale wanted to hint on "assholery" of Gregor, but rather just didn't think that much into it.

And to be clear I have no problem about Gregor having a darker side, he is human so of course he isn't(/wasn't) perfect. I just personally wouldn't read this much into the finger cutting.

If he only took one finger that'd be one thing. It wouldn't be a sign of evil because that's the norm. Taking three for any and all acts of theft does show some harshness. Erik should have lost a hand though, since he was running off with gear.

• The way Royland said it implied it was standard. I personally saw nothing wrong with and felt that Erik's particular case should have cost him a hand. It probably isn't meant to mean much, Telltale seems intent on having the Forresters be absolute good guys.

But is it really a fact that Gregor took 3 fingers in all situations? I know it's said that "Gregor took three fingers from thieves", but it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.