Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2015

Tavia has an unused model where she has a huge stitched up gash on her side. Makes me wonder what they were originally planning to do with her.

enter image description here

Here's the raw texture, zoomed in on the stitching (since it's not the best quality up above)

• Seems like she got stabbed and somebody had to perform emergency surgery on her or to stitch up the wound quick, judging by the way her clothes have been cut like that.

Deltino posted: »

Tavia has an unused model where she has a huge stitched up gash on her side. Makes me wonder what they were originally planning to do with her. Here's the raw texture, zoomed in on the stitching (since it's not the best quality up above)

I know this is old, but I just realized that Telltale actually did use this model in game: that small scene in Vince's story where you see Shel and Becca? This model is used for that other person behind them that gets killed by a zombie.

AGentlman posted: »

Alright, here it is! Had to fix a UV map on her face, so it looked decent to screenshot. Also pardon the Alpha hair, I have no idea how to d

• Was this guy actually in the game?

The motorcycle helmet zombie from Amid The Ruins Here he is without the visor And here he is without the helmet entirely (you're not supposed to see his full head, so that's why the textures are a bit messed up)

• So BJ approves.

Poogers555 posted: »

Find a baby alone near a bush Clem: What should we name him? Kenny: Bush. Clem: But wh- Kenny: Bush.

To an extent, yes. In Amid The Ruins, when you go to the trailer park, there's all those zombies banging on the trailer Sarah is in, right? The motorcycle zombie is there. However, he's a background zombie that never shows up again after that. Part of me thinks that they were originally going to do something with him.

Was this guy actually in the game?

That's what I was thinking. But I'm still curious as to what their original plan was, though. Perhaps she had more story to her than the epilogue? There's also a bulletin board picture of her like the rest of the 400 Days cast, which seems to suggest that.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Seems like she got stabbed and somebody had to perform emergency surgery on her or to stitch up the wound quick, judging by the way her clothes have been cut like that.

• Maybe that was what Carlos was working on.

• Ah cool, I never noticed him before. I hope there are more zombies like this in S3 just to give them a bit more variety.

To an extent, yes. In Amid The Ruins, when you go to the trailer park, there's all those zombies banging on the trailer Sarah is in, right?

They actually did a pretty good job with zombie variety in S2. There's a unique zombie model for almost every notable encounter: shed zombie, bridge zombies, water zombies, trailer park zombies (including the motorcycle zombie), the zombie that killed Nick in Amid The Ruins, etc.

I think zombie models are a very underrated improvement that they made in S2.

Ah cool, I never noticed him before. I hope there are more zombies like this in S3 just to give them a bit more variety.

• Good point, now that I think of it they did do a pretty good job. I was thinking of the herd scene but I guess it would be pretty pointless to have hundreds of different walker models when you only see them for a couple of seconds as they walk past you.

I wish they had done something with that motorcycle zombie. They could of had a scene where Clem's getting backed up into a corner and we have to work out a clever way to kill it or something like that.

They actually did a pretty good job with zombie variety in S2. There's a unique zombie model for almost every notable encounter: shed zombie

• edited August 2015

They would probably make an 11 year old stitch it again :)

Carlos: Clementine would you come over here and help me stitch up this wound?

Clem: We're surrounded by grown ups! Stop asking me to do stuff!

Carlos: My fingers are all broken!

Clem: I'm eleven!

Carlos: Fine! I'll just do it myself!

And that is why, Telltale cut it from the game XD

• edited August 2015

Some props from Season 2 Episode 1

Red Cooler (dunno if its flashback or the actual episode)

Dennis Poster

100 Dollar Bill

Bottle of Morphine

I will also get later a blindfoldless Roberto

• I think that Dennis poster is a reference to Dennis Nedry, that fat bastard form Jurassic Park. Fun fact: his corpse, (second picture) appeared in TellTale's Jurassic Park: The Game.

Arctic0ne posted: »

Some props from Season 2 Episode 1 Red Cooler (dunno if its flashback or the actual episode) Dennis Poster 100 Dollar Bill Bottle of Morphine I will also get later a blindfoldless Roberto

• I wonder why the poster is so worried about him

I think that Dennis poster is a reference to Dennis Nedry, that fat bastard form Jurassic Park. Fun fact: his corpse, (second picture) appeared in TellTale's Jurassic Park: The Game.

• Really? Hmm, I'll have to check that scene again.

I know this is old, but I just realized that Telltale actually did use this model in game: that small scene in Vince's story where you see Shel and Becca? This model is used for that other person behind them that gets killed by a zombie.

• Oh boy people posting model stuff I've never seen so cool :)

It's pretty difficult to make out unless you have a large enough monitor, since its far out in the distance and obscured by things in the foreground, but you can definitely make out that green headband.

AGentlman posted: »

Really? Hmm, I'll have to check that scene again.

As a question for you guys that know this model stuff better than I do: do you guys know if it's possible to get the character detail files to work? As in, the facial/body details: beards, markings, and all of that stuff. I've been trying to figure out how to do it (or if it's even possible) and I assume that it'd be related to alpha channels/maps or whatever, but I'm really not sure.

I'm just imagining a Surgeon Simulator video with Carlos quotes over top of it

[Throws new heart out the back of the ambulance]

"UNBELIEVABLE"

[Starts surgery]

"Does anyone know how to do this?"

[Does heart transplant, removes all vital organs in the process]

"It's just a precautionary measure"

Lilacsbloom posted: »

They would probably make an 11 year old stitch it again Carlos: Clementine would you come over here and help me stitch up this woun

• If you mean outlines they need to be edited in photoshop as they are pitch black (because the alpha channel works in game only) and needs to be positioned on top of the original texture

As a question for you guys that know this model stuff better than I do: do you guys know if it's possible to get the character detail files

I meant the detail for characters as in facial hair and stuff. All of the detail that goes on top of the base model. Troy or Pete with their beards, for example. All of those details are kept on a separate file from the textures themselves.

If you mean outlines they need to be edited in photoshop as they are pitch black (because the alpha channel works in game only) and needs to be positioned on top of the original texture

• Nutty :O Oh my god I love Happy Tree Friends so much. I hope they make new episodes soon :(

Unfinished House second floor Gil pitstop Bathroom without door

• I love Happy Tree Friends (a LOT) as well XD

But the lack of episodes is killing me too, i heard they were working on some sort of movie

remorse667 posted: »

Nutty :O Oh my god I love Happy Tree Friends so much. I hope they make new episodes soon

• Really? I'm guessing I can expect many deaths! Muahahaha!

Seriously though, althought it's rather gory, it's pretty entertain

"Oh, they're just going to have some fun in the playground. Nothing can go wrong"

Gets proven wrong.. BIG TIME

I love Happy Tree Friends (a LOT) as well XD But the lack of episodes is killing me too, i heard they were working on some sort of movie

• edited August 2015

With exception of the earlier HTF Breaks (Oh Xmas Tree, Deck the Halls and We Wish You)

Though it doesn't compete agaisn't the regular episodes, its nice to see where someone doesn't die 3 seconds in like Seize the day and the False Alarm game( depending on how you play)

remorse667 posted: »

Really? I'm guessing I can expect many deaths! Muahahaha! Seriously though, althought it's rather gory, it's pretty entertain "Oh, they're just going to have some fun in the playground. Nothing can go wrong" Gets proven wrong.. BIG TIME

• LOL XD

"NO!!!" [sporadic gun fire] "alright cut, good job everybody, 10 minute break" "okay luke you were where b- wait a minute hold on..

• Agreed

Bokor posted: »

Kenny, Bonnie, Carver, Mike and Clementine are all part of the "Harmless shoulder wound" club.

• yeah starved in her own treehouse...

bigdogg0821 posted: »

But.But.But. If that happened clem would die :L

• Approximately 1 year later

Peekachew posted: »

yeah starved in her own treehouse...

• This is one LUCKY ghost

bloodynose posted: »

Of course he is, there is a ghost in front of him.

• Me too. But on android

Same happened to me.

• Even if he did got bit, he got LUCKY. Real LUCKY

fallandir posted: »

Me neither. Funny thing, Kenny got bit back in that street. Guess his 'stache adds 50 extra zombie defense points.

• Just like the Whiskey

This is just a little theory of the hatchet of S1 EP4 So, we see that Ben gives the axe to Lee in EP 4, right? After Lee goes up the

• Details that people forgot or didn't notice.
    In season 1 episode 4. Lee was bitten by a Walker and in Episode 5 Clem shot him in the head. Clementine confirms he's dead in Episode 1 and 2.

He also gets bit a couple of times going through the herd.

edited August 2015

Here's one of the most interesting finds I came across going through the files. These are super old work-in-progress concepts of the episode slides, full of placeholder assets. Hell, the one for Long Road Ahead is barely even finished. Keep in mind the texture file for this is pretty low quality, and they're actually all one image crunched together, so I had to widen it myself, so excuse the bad quality. It's pretty much the best we'll get, unless someone from Telltale has these stored somewhere.

A New Day:

Starved For Help (my personal favorite, due to the stock images of angry businessmen):

Long Road Ahead:

Around Every Corner:

No Time Left:

Also, a placeholder image for a chapter rewind screen:

And a fake ESRB rating they made for shits and giggles:

And finally, here's two things from Season 2.

Here's the skyline of the town from Amid The Ruins:

And an unused image/concept of the bridge from A House Divided (and if you're going to ask about the weird image splits and the white bar, those are part of the image itself):

• No. He's DORAEMON

ilovetwd posted: »

Master of disguise??? Does that mean?? Raccoon is Maybelle!!

• lol'd at the angry businessman

good find though

Here's one of the most interesting finds I came across going through the files. These are super old work-in-progress concepts of the episode

• But instead of Lee, Kenny got LUCKY...Real Lucky. I think he heard her say that

hihitwd posted: »

If you push Clem on the swing in S1E2, when you go out with Danny St.John to do recon, she'll tell you to be lucky, but if you don't push her on the swing she won't tell you to be lucky.

• edited August 2015

town....tooooooooown....give me, toooooown.

Here's one of the most interesting finds I came across going through the files. These are super old work-in-progress concepts of the episode

Sign in to comment in this discussion.